Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    edited June 2023
    When the World Goes Tilt, an Erik Cantrell Main Save RESET

“Oh, Kayleigh, come on!” Erik said. The two were standing just outside of the Copperdale Auditorium. Dressed to the nines, as both of them were, their colors blended beautifully. Yet, Kayleigh was in the midst of still another emotional meltdown, arms flailing in a rather over-dramatic display. “What did I do now? I brought you to the Prom, didn’t I?”

“But you didn’t ask me, first,” she wailed.
    “What, so you had other plans on a Saturday night? Who is he? Is it Jun? All I’m going to say is you two find an awful lot to talk about.”
    “Erik, you know there’s nobody but you. That’s not the point. Maybe I just want to be asked if this is something I want to do, instead of it always being what Erik wants to do.”
    lm2JelA.jpg

“Oh, so you’ve found yet another communications gap between us. Honestly, Kay-Kay, I can’t win for losing. I take you to the prom, but I don’t ask first and I’m tossed into the dog-house for it. Yet, if I skip going, I’m in trouble for not asking you. Tell me, is this how it’s going to be between us? Because I’ve got to tell you now, I can’t keep up. I just can’t. Maybe we should just call it quits right now, eh? Should we just be friends and leave it at that? Is that what we should do? I’m asking so that you know I’m giving you a shot at this.”

Kayleigh just stood there, tears in her eyes. “But you said our house was almost done. That they were doing all of the finishing work this week, so that it’ll be livable by the time we graduate.”

“So, what,“ He snapped back. “You don’t seem to care about Us one way or the other. You rant, you spew profanity like I’ve never heard anyone else do. Boofoe on you, Miss Potty Mouth of the Century. There I said it. I’m rather done at the moment. Let’s just go, shall we? There I’ve given you another opportunity to say what you want.”

Interdependently, they both went inside. Erik spent time casting his votes, sampling the punch and otherwise avoiding the dance floor where Kayleigh and the others stood around, laughing, dancing and otherwise not even giving him the time of day. She didn’t even cast a glance over her shoulder to see if he followed her in. Never felt so alone. At long last, the need to dance overwhelmed him and he ventured on to the opposite side of the floor. Let them talk, I just don’t care.
    zk6mK2X.jpg

Okac2Cq.jpg

After the Awards were announced, Kayleigh stood on the stage, a rather large, goofy looking crown atop her head. Did he just break up with me? Is he serious or just angry? She gazed over at her potential brother-in-law, who for the second time donned the Jester cap. Help me. You know him best. What’s up with him, lately? Then the reality sat hard upon her. I need to apologize to him. Kayleigh gazed at the students assembled and found Erik among them. At least he cares enough to enjoy this moment with me. I feel just awful.
    FRZ1feD.jpg

VajFAm0.jpg

Carefully, to avoid tripping on the hem of this new gown, she came down the stairs and found Erik. “Got a minute?”
    “Oh, are you talking to me?” Erik said, coolly, dying inside just a little bit.
    “I wasn’t the one who ended our conversation,” she began. “Erik, Sweetheart, please forgive me. I was acting like a total spoiled brat. You bought me this gorgeous new gown, I should have realized in your own way you were asking me to the prom. I’m so very sorry. Will you forgive me? I don’t want us to just be friends. I don’t want to lose you, not after all of this time. I love you.”
    W4EepHH.jpg

u6TjDXK.jpg

Yc0CZTX.jpg

MSR796z.jpg

BAHP1Qz.jpg

99A7Cfu.jpg

csNaUfZ.jpg

rDWl5T4.jpg

TPEATCG.jpg

Erik’s face brightened as he smiled over at her. “I’m sorry, too, Kay-Kay. I should realize my shorthand isn’t something well known to others. You just keep putting me back into my place, and I’ll try to get better at running things by you a bit more plainly. I don’t want to call it quits on us, either. Marry me?”
    “Yes,”
    “Prom’s over, let’s go home and watch the countdown to midnight, shall we?”
    PHWXeC6.jpg

“Happy New Year!”
    yGLtG4u.jpg

The next morning found all five of them rising early. When it was nearing nine o’clock they headed off to church services. Shortly after they returned, it was time for Erik to head down to the PBP Studios Lounge. Lately the Academy had been changing up the time when the Show would start. Erik read something about the show kept running late and long, so they first changed the start time to three o’clock in the afternoon. That lasted for about two weeks, maybe three.

When Erik got around to checking his messages, he quickly learned they decided that eleven o’clock in the morning is when they would start. The Show could run for twelve hours. That’s a long haul. Erik quickly got on the phone to ask permission from Father James Tomlin to leave Church right after Communion, should the need arise.

All worked out well. Erik kept an eye on his timepiece and made it through the end of the services after all. Thank you, Father, for not being long-winded with today’s homily.

Changing his attire, he bid everyone adieu and beamed over to Del Sol Valley. The air was still cool, but not downright cold. Erik, for once, was quite comfortable in his suit. Neither too hot, nor too cold.

He greeted the Host and the others standing around in the hovercraft parking lot and went inside. Erik was restless today. Yes, their final term was about to begin, but he was ready to get things started. He was learning how to temper his own emotions when it came to whether or not he won for Best Song. It really was okay with him should he not get the nod.

As he sat watching the show unfold, suddenly an odd sensation wrapped itself around his whole being. He stood up, as bright colors swirled about him, was he being beamed somewhere? A strange, small set of stage curtains dangled around him and he raised both of his arms upward. Is that Simmywood I hear calling me?
    UHdem2L.jpg

Suddenly, others were standing and applauding. Erik realized his name had been called. Blushing, at his lack of attention, he made it up to the microphone.
    v9Nyush.jpg
    5OVLQ0i.jpg
    “Forgive me. No, I wasn’t napping. I was having a rather odd waking dream. Very strange. I would like to thank the Starlight Academy for the nomination for Best Song. When the Roses Bloom was inspired by my dear, Sweet Kayleigh. We met while still in high school and we’re currently attending Britechester-U. I’ve watched her grow as a person, watched with amazement as she’s bloomed into a most incredible woman. I love you so much, Kay-Kay. This song is dedicated to you.”
    EiVXNyr.jpg

“Thank you to my fans, to Taygeta Studios, my record label, to Orion Entertainment, Limited for booking all of the concerts. To my parents, my many siblings, my friends and all of you who have stuck by me all of this time. Goodnight, everybody!”
    NwYV9gN.jpg

All for now. Thanks for reading! :)
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    @Metior_Ice glad you are doing okay!
    @Nate_Whiplash1 how are things by you?
    Anyone else here in FL or PR?
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited October 2022
    Juliana Pizazz finished at school as a B student and became a young adult. She had a big party in a pub and had a great time. Sadly the next day her mom Penny Pizazz died of old age but Juliana did not see it. She has the ashes though. She was very sad so she called the sadness hotline and cried a lot but was able to get through it with the support of her friends and brother. She decided to go to high school graduation and got her certificate, but it has been a sad time. Her mom has left her a few thousand simoleons and she now has an apartment in San Myshuno to herself which is affordable for a while but she doesn’t have a job. She is thinking to leave but she needs some time to work out what she wants to do. Her friend Skyler has also been a little down because James never got back to her so they have decided to go away for a short break. As an adventurous sim Juliana wanted to go to Selvodardo but it was quite expensive and Skyler doesn’t trust Juliana on rope bridges so they and I will see Outdoor Retreat for the first time. They are currently choosing between a small lodge with bug warnings or just camping which I think I will probably choose.

James graduated from University distinguished drama with honors as he got all A+ in his final term. He is now an adult and his education is behind him and he completed the Graduate aspiration too. He met Nikita from the New Years party again at graduation and while they were too busy graduating to spend time together they exchanged numbers. For the short term he has moved back into the apartment he shared with his mom Lindsay who is now an elder sim and has retired from her charity work. She has now completed the successful lineage aspiration so that was the second parent aspiration Lindsay reached. She currently doesn’t have an aspiration as she is quite happy at this stage of life. As James got a scholarship his student loan is very small. Neither him or Lindsay have much Simoleons at all so he will have to get a job quickly. Luckily with his degree, drama club and level 10 acting skill, all the acting agencies are interested in him so he will move to Get Famous and have the master actor aspiration.

After this I spent some time making new sims and adjusting some of the worst npc townies because I want them to meet more interesting sims, Juliana especially. Hopefully the game will use them!
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited October 2022
    @GalacticGal I really felt the struggle between Erik and Kayleigh in this update. So many emotions twisted up in that can’t win situation.

It’s interesting how it seemed like a dream, but you know what, that makes Barnaby or Wade’s attire make more sense. Barnaby and Wade are technically Water Elementals and Reef Mermen. Their mermadic attire is a cultural representation of their mermadic heritage. But, I never intended for their mermadic attire to be used so freely. I do wonder how things will work out when I get the high school pack? I wonder if I’ll be micro managing their outfits?

——————

Fun Fact though:
    When Children of the Islands Summon Elementals, the male Elementals do dress a lot like how my mermen dress in their formal outfits.

——————

Still a really cool update!

More than anything, I’m glad that Erik’s relationship struggles with Kayleigh were just a dream or something that won’t disrupt their relationship.

Forgive me, my thoughts are a little all over the place.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Making a separate update for this:

I have been thinking about my merfolk and their mermadic attire some more lately.

I’m wondering if I should change the order of their outfits?

I don’t know if anyone else has noticed it, but twins that look identical, or are identical, tend to try to dress differently from each other. One twin will default to outfit 1 while the other twin uses outfit 2.

And, there might be a preference for outfits or a tendency for sims to prioritize their first outfit over their second outfit.

I’m one of those crazy writers that incorporate certain outfits for certain situations for storytelling… My merfolk’s Mermadic and Human attire is no exception. I’m wondering if a different order for the outfits would make a difference or not… It’s hard to micro manage specific outfits for specific situations when you can’t use mods. But, I know that I don’t want to delete any outfits.

My head hurts thinking about it… It’s like I got this really specific idea in mind, but there’s something keeping it from working exactly as intended.

—————

Edit:

Regardless, I’ve been a bit distracted lately, and I’m just starting to get to a point where I can write the next update! I think I’m just tired and my creative spark is short circuiting?
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,853 Member
    @Metior_Ice I don’t know about the twins thing, but my sims really prefer their outfit 1 in each category. They will switch after a shower, but getting out of bed they go straight for #1. Even if that was what they were wearing when they went to bed.

If it’s crazy to pick certain outfits for certain situations I’m crazy too. That’s an area where I will micromanage still. I take it a bit further. Just like us they have a favorite outfit, in my mind. I will change the other outfits from time to time while keeping their favorites untouched. Danielle’s black and white dress, or Londyn’s blue overalls are perfect examples. Those looks are a part of them.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    @Metior_Ice I don’t know about the twins thing, but my sims really prefer their outfit 1 in each category. They will switch after a shower, but getting out of bed they go straight for #1. Even if that was what they were wearing when they went to bed.

If it’s crazy to pick certain outfits for certain situations I’m crazy too. That’s an area where I will micromanage still. I take it a bit further. Just like us they have a favorite outfit, in my mind. I will change the other outfits from time to time while keeping their favorites untouched. Danielle’s black and white dress, or Londyn’s blue overalls are perfect examples. Those looks are a part of them.

I do believe this is all wrapped into that number one category. More often than not, number one is what my Sims choose. Every now and again, when I'm tired of looking at it, I'll change them via MCCC. That way they don't have to do the spin bit to change. They can just keep doing what they're doing and presto! their clothing has changed. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,971 Member
    Ooh yes, using MCCC to instantly change outfits is very useful!

I did two weddings yesterday, as part of one of my story saves. It was a little like herding cats at times but they both got done in the end, which is all I ask for. Both married couples have now moved out. I’ve not mentioned the specific story in this thread I don’t think, but I’ve mentioned it in the Writer’s Lounge in the Creative Corner.
  • Options
    I really wish I had MCCC to change their outfits. I use cheats and utilize the “Change Toddler” interaction to change the outfits. I play on the console, so micromanaging my sim’s outfits is more of a challenge.

With Dylan and Zeph, they are identical twins, and I’ve noticed that the game likes to have only one visiting the lot, and sends a twin home if the other twin shows up.

When I play the household, the game likes to try and make Dylan and Zeph wear different outfits if possible. If you made Dylan and Zeph dress exactly the same, it is possible to lose track of who is who. Dylan and Zeph are different, but they are identical in appearance.

Storywise, Dylan and Zeph value their individuality, but as identical twins, they aren’t bothered about looking the same. In fact, I imagine that they would dress the same and switch outfits to be mischievous to anyone that can’t tell them apart any other way.

Dylan and Zeph have an extremely strong twin bond and they are inseparable best friends… While other twins in my game might do more to be individuals and do stuff apart. Part of Dylan and Zeph’s character is that they prefer to have the other around and do things together as much as possible.

I watch my twins like a hawk, and they have many identical behaviors and it is a struggle to intervene with the game’s efforts to make them look different. I think it’s intended to help me tell them apart, but as you will see in my update, even if Dylan and Zeph look exactly the same, I can tell them apart. I would love it if the game allowed them to hangout together on a lot more often!
    I do believe this is all wrapped into that number one category. More often than not, number one is what my Sims choose. Every now and again, when I'm tired of looking at it, I'll change them via MCCC. That way they don't have to do the spin bit to change. They can just keep doing what they're doing and presto! their clothing has changed. :)

@GalacticGal and @DaniRose2143

Thanks for the info. I may end up putting the outfits in a different order then.

The mermadic attire is important to my merfolk’s mermadic culture, but their human attire is also important for when they go to human venues or leave the islands or aren’t alone in the woods… essentially, I would have them blend in with humans when they go to human populated areas.

I’m getting the feeling that if I don’t change the outfit order, I’ll end up having to do a lot of micromanagement in the future.

When I update my merfolk in the Gallery, they will still have their mermadic outfits, but I’ll switch the order. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to make that change in other people’s games…

When I upload my merfolk to the Gallery, I’ve been trying to think of several different scenarios other players might encounter and make things easier for them if they get included in a save. I feel like I’m making things more complicated though.
  • Options
    Took a while to scroll through all my screenshots to find them, but I found some screenshots of what I've been trying to say when I mention Mermadic Attire, my merfolk wearing random outfits, and the tendency for the game to have my twins dress differently. I've had Dylan and Zeph around for a very long time.

Dylan and Zeph over the Years:

50971732233_02fe3abc25_b.jpg
    The Outfits They Choose for Themselves

Zeph's Random Outfits from the Past to Present
    51787263350_92ffcbfbcd_b.jpg

51273240192_5e8f63b868_b.jpg

52317717783_bc30e971ae_b.jpg

52394986159_9f2955bc99_b.jpg

Dylan's Random Outfits from Past to Present

I still haven't figured out why Zeph is more likely to pick his own outfits? And, when Dylan tries to do it, he seems to instantly regret his choices...
    51145030840_fe2509ac49_b.jpg

Dylan and Zeph's Synchronized Behaviors from Past to Present
    52400285173_5a5ba2535b_b.jpg

50777834561_4327403210_h.jpg

51488752278_64e7faf5a0_h.jpg

Just because they are immune to the cold doesn't mean they like it.

The Twins' Outfits on the Job

Dylan as an Entertainer

One of the ways that the twins will show up on the lot together is if one of them is an NPC.
    51551263288_82c3c2df13_h.jpg

Zephyr Passing Judgment as an Island Elemental
    51274162108_eb142a3f45_b.jpg

Instances of the Twins Wearing Different Outfits while Active on the Same Lot
    50320807876_3d0e2f09f6_b.jpg

51182991784_40e6cf74ef_c.jpg

Celebrity Walking on Water

Always a funny screenshot.
    51144701099_883c0d0059_b.jpg

Sharks in Sulani

A rare sighting that I don't see often. It's a shame that more wasn't done with this.
    50332452566_278b276660_h.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    If you want to catch up on my merfolk's Granite Falls Vacation. Just click this link:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18178701/#Comment_18178701

I decided to break up day 3 and 4 because I got way too many screenshots for day 4. This should help break up the posts.

Fishing around Granite Falls - The Granite Falls Vacation Day 3

After learning a little bit about merfolk history, the sun set and Jade met with her twin brother before he went to bed. The Radio was playing Country Music, so the twins danced for a bit. For Juniper, the merman side of him made it hard to resist lure of good music.

52360692626_31730cc0a5_b.jpg
    "What do you think of the Backyard Music?" Juniper asked.

"I love it!" Jade replied.

52361114865_8e5f06a242_b.jpg

"It's almost as good as the Island Music!"

"Who knew the forest mountains had such a great radio station?!"

52359744732_b7d36583e3_b.jpg

"If I had the energy, I would stay up all night listening to this music!"

Jade nodded in agreement. She started to grow envious of her older twin brothers. They had a solid relationship and weren't seperated by the day and night, sun and moon. As Jade grew in power, the sun became increasingly intolerable. And Juniper wasn't much of a night merman, preferring the sun and daylight.

52361114815_49007146a8_h.jpg

Once the moon rose over the Horizon, Jade could feel her power grow stronger. She knew it was time to hunt. Despite being a Vampire, she wasn't keen on hunting merfolk or humans, and if she could, she would prefer plasma fruit or frogs. She couldn't deny that fish were good for plasma packs though. Merfolk long since overcame the predators in the sea, but any merman or mermaid would be a tasty meal for a vampire on the hunt. Jade refused to feed on her family.

52395126640_5d99e7ca3b_b.jpg

Feeding on merfolk was sometimes a tempting prospect. Merfolk were bigger fish overflowing with the vitality of life. She could understand why others of her kind would hunt them, but no matter how tempting it might be. She wouldn't feed on merfolk. She angled the fishing line and focused more on a better kind of prey; something that she would prefer to feed on instead.

52394185392_8b71cc55cd_b.jpg

Granite Falls had a lot of trout, and the trout were easy to make into Plasma Packs. While Juniper spent a lot of time exploring the forest, Jade struggled with her thirst.

52394181567_0b0d0f028e_b.jpg

Had she been born a mermaid and not the Spirit of the Land and Moon, she wouldn't have to struggle with this. She would feel guilty drinking anyone's plasma without permission. It was a weakness. Still, her catch for the night was a good one!

52394986634_be64d683f0_b.jpg

After sipping on her fresh plasma pack, she felt better. While dancing with her twin, she had temptation from her untamed thirst. She needed to work on that. Watcher forbid that she attacked her twin brother or another family member.

52394686016_e845754bcd_b.jpg

While wandering around the woods, she found some unusual fireflies. They blinked in all the colors of the rainbow. She took this opportunity to catch them.

52395195903_b7dac2dcc5_b.jpg

The night didn't last long enough, and as the sun rose, she needed to take cover before her thin skin burned. Juniper woke up and headed for a lake near the Cabin. Using his mermadic powers, he drew strength from Dylan and summoned an aquatic lure.

52395195833_c77efc5a52_h.jpg

Juniper spent the day fishing with his older brothers. Dylan and Zeph were Children of the Sea, and that made fishing a bit awkward. His older brothers enjoyed fishing, but they didn't like to catch fish.

52395195798_9aa3a78862_b.jpg

Juniper tried to watch his brothers and learn more about the Reef Merfolk Culture. Reef Merfolk loved the sea, were strongly attuned to it, and their love of fish and sea life was something he struggled to understand. When Dylan and Zeph cast their lines, they were fishing for something different.

52395126480_07df93c5d8_b.jpg

When Dylan pulled some old lake grass out of the water, Juniper was more confused. Wasn't the goal of fishing to catch fish? Dylan seemed happy about his catch. His older brother tossed the weeds to the side and continued to fish.

52395195768_a94deb9e40_h.jpg

And then, Dylan pulled a chest out of the water. Every time he cast his line, it found everything except fish in the water. Dylan was excited about his catches, and Juniper grew more confused.

52394685821_24f1c36184_b.jpg

After Juniper felt a tug on his fishing line, he pulled a fairly large fish out of the water. He felt proud of his catch, but there was something that also felt wrong. He simply didn't understand. Dylan leaned back and cast his line out to deep water. Zeph patiently let his line drift in the water.

'What am I missing?' Juniper thought. 'Why didn't Dylan or Zeph congradulate me on such a big catch?'

52394986474_1b349710b2_b.jpg

When Juniper cast his line, Zeph pulled a chest out of the water. Juniper couldn't believe it.

'How did he hook that? His line was floating at the surface? Is someone helping him?'

Juniper started to feel exhausted. His skin was drying out. Even if he found a way to connect to his element, one thing remained true, his human form required energy to maintain and that energy was getting depleted.

52394185122_8c4a57796c_b.jpg

Soon, the weather began to turn. A rainstorm blew in just in time. The drops of water restored some of the merman's energy.

Zeph did say that there would be rain this vacation. It must be hard for them. They are spending so much time and energy on land so that I can reconnect with my element. But, I want to be more like them, like a true reef merman.

Juniper felt a tug on his line and caught another fish.

I wonder. Is it possible that the fish are helping my brothers hook the treasure in the water? Maybe. Maybe the fish aren't helping me because I keep catching them?

52395195588_6edf0eea3b_b.jpg

Just then, Zeph pulled another chest out of the water. His brothers managed to catch a lot of treasure, but there was more to it. Juniper just couldn't understand it.

52394685701_1d9da7e419_b.jpg

As the sun set, Juniper started to grow tired. His brothers, on the other fin, were on roll and not tired in the least.

52395195548_fac0a80a1c_b.jpg
  • Options
    Danielle and Londyn's snowy fun in Mt. Komorebi has come to an end, now they're off to a spot with special meaning, especially for Danielle. They're going to spend a couple of days in Henford-On-Bagley. That's where, right in front of the Gnome's Arms, Danielle knew for certain she was in love with Londyn. It was on this very spot she knew there was no else she wanted to spend the rest of her life with, nobody else she wanted to share everything with.
    MgCWQAd.png?1
    yd4lEGQ.png

I'm over my funk and ready to get the new honeymoon post done. I'm planning to redo the original post, with some edits of course, and include some new shots from Henford. I thought Henford is a special place for them too so they should spend a little time there before heading home. I might even include a new hint at what Matteo's surprise was for the ladies when revealed his plans to propose to Liberty...
  • Options
    @Metior_Ice I'm with Juniper, I can't wait to find out why Dylan and Zeph are only catching treasure.🤔
  • Options
    yogurrt_toobyogurrt_toob Posts: 51 Member
    edited October 2022
    On the path to get Famous all these celebrities are being jerks to me, so I strangified them and forced them to make-out with homeless Sims. Of course making sure to snap photos with my cell phone to sell to publishers 🤪🥳

Isn't letting me add a photo but ah well.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 I’m excited for your next update! I’m looking forward to seeing it!

Also, I’m happy to hear you are out of your funk!
  • Options
    @Metior_Ice I'm with Juniper, I can't wait to find out why Dylan and Zeph are only catching treasure.🤔

The world may never know. I took so many screenshots, and my twins really didn’t catch a lot of fish. I mean Zeph caught fish, and I didn’t include those screenshots in the story. But, in truth, they kept catching treasure in Granite Falls. I really don’t know how they did it.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited October 2022
    Looks like my sim self and his new wife are very happy at the moment. This popped up while i was playing my sim self's parents:
    ylVkMaj.png

Meanwhile, my sim self's youngest sister Jessica had her birthday as she aged up into a child:
    7aVN73I.png
    x22va5x.png
    zJL5vQ5.png

As the party ended, i switched back to my sim self's household and his new wife Elena was still holding it together. She eventually went into labour and her mother Penelope, who is a doctor ended up delivering her daughter's third child, first with my sim self. However, Penelope didn't seem to know what she was doing here yet she's delivered all my sim self's children and his grandchildren!
    pKW9mpe.png
    SYSlL9C.png

Eventually, Elena gives birth to a baby girl called Elizabeth!
    tZSIpmG.png
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    As the Third Term Spins, an Erik Cantrell Main Save RESET

“Babe,” Erik called out as he stepped into the ‘foyer’ of the Dorm, in the wee hours of Monday morning. “Kayleigh? You are not going to believe where I was tonight.”
    Kayleigh met him in at the elevator and just gazed at him. “Oh, no? I just watched you win your fifth Best Song Accolade. You were right there in the audience and then up on the podium making a marvelous speech. You’re really getting much better at it. I’m so proud of you. And thank you so much for that sweet sentiment at the end of it.”

“Well, yes, I was there. But I meant after I left the Studio Lounge.
    “You came back to the dorm,” she said, then glanced at the timepiece. “Oh, it’s later than normal. Way late. Just where have you been?”
    “Do you mind if I just tell you?” Kayleigh shrugged. “Okay, I was sitting there in the audience, trying my best to pay attention. I even ignored my phone that kept going off. I finally gave up and answered it. Right in the middle of Dirk’s speech. I tried to keep my voice low. I was called over to the Studio to take part in a Big Movie! Babe, I’m going to be in a movie, isn't that great?”

“Erik, sure. That’s great. But aren’t you afraid of spreading yourself too thin? You’re always on the go, as it is. I hoped we would have some alone time after we get married. You know just the two of us. Sans the crowd you always attract.”

“If I prove good enough, I can pick and choose the movies, you know. It’s just another avenue I always wanted to explore and suddenly the doors are opening. It’s who I am, Kay-Kay. I thought you knew that about me.”
    tMnTzjh.jpg
    INQdc9m.jpg

With that Erik took the elevator down to meet the crew. Today’s shoot was to be on the campus of Britechester-U.
    Nx0lSzl.jpg

One scene involved slapping. Disgruntled a tad over Kayleigh’s lack of support, Erik drew upon this to help make the scene real.
    ZziZ5VU.jpg

The term began on Monday. Come Tuesday, Erik’s birthday, they all diligently got their ‘daily task’ of homework done, while they awaited Aaron to get back from soccer practice. As soon as he showered and changed, they all left for one of their favorite eateries, the Old Home Place, bar and grille. Joseph Cantrell, Sr. also dropped by Wyvern Hall and joined the group.
    While they waited for the Server, they studied the menu.
    VYLllIj.jpg

Aaron quietly worked on his own assignments, lest he fall woefully behind.
    3Y8LKZO.jpg

Being in charge of this little foray out of the university campus, Aaron quickly asked their server to bring the cake. Blue Confetti, Erik’s favorite.
    pXayalh.jpg

After the candles were blown out, and Erik refused to say what he wished for, Aaron asked the server to kindly cut the cake and serve it. This they had with glasses of Van Haute Meloire, Erik’s favorite.
    XWaMA2I.jpg

Very early Wednesday morning, Erik was up and ready to go. He had another shoot, again on campus, to finish off the Scene. Then his part would be done for this movie. Kayleigh was also up. “So, you’re really going to pursue this?”
    “I made a commitment for this one movie, yes. As a matter of fact, I have to get downstairs for this shoot.”
    “Of course you did. Did you hear nothing that I said the other night? Erik, I want a life together. How can we have that if you’re off doing stuff all of the time?”
    "I made no false promises to you. This is my life. This is how it's been and likely how it will be. Don't ask me now, this late in the game, to quit my career."
    HDbGsoM.jpg

“Kayleigh, come here, I love you. Why can’t you just trust me in this?”
    wpx28Fz.jpg

“Oh, go do what you’re going to do, but I hope you don’t miss your first class.”
    “I got this. But I want a wife, not a mother.” With that he stepped into the elevator. “Bye.”
    9fzfD41.jpg
    XWnXlb1.jpg
    QWp2WJK.jpg
    HxTF86z.jpg
    o9VJAwb.jpg
    And then came Erik’s big moment. An onscreen meltdown.
    Q2SiIv2.jpg
    The director was ecstatic. “That’s a wrap, People. Erik that was fantastic.”

“I’m a little confused, Erik,” Brianna said as the two sat on a bench outside. “Is the wedding still on?”
    “As far as I know. Did Kayleigh say differently?”
    “No, I’m just noticing how often you two squabble, is all.”
    “Bree, couples fight now and again. That’s just the way it is.”
    6yTw9L2.jpg

“Maybe she’s unstable,” he said. “I don’t know.”
    “Or maybe she’s just being a nervous Bride. It happens you know. Cold Feet. Yours, too.”
    “My feet are perfectly warm. It’s these shoes …” Brianna just rolled her eyes.
    “Pre-wedding Jitters. Don’t be such a dunce.”
    “Dunce? Did you just call me a Dunce? Glad to know people think so highly of me. I’m late to class.”

All for now. Thanks for reading!
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    @GalacticGal, sounds like trouble starting to boil over in paradise. I've got to say, I agree with Kayleigh... relationships require communication and compromise, and young Erik seems to be struggling with both. Still, who among us didn't at his age. Here's hoping they work it out.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143, looking forward to the next installments. Londyn and Danielle look so happy together.
  • Options
    @GalacticGal, sounds like trouble starting to boil over in paradise. I've got to say, I agree with Kayleigh... relationships require communication and compromise, and young Erik seems to be struggling with both. Still, who among us didn't at his age. Here's hoping they work it out.

I have to say, the game just keeps throwing these zingers at me! I, too, hope they can work it out, otherwise they may need to part ways. (Not what I had in mind.) Either that or Father James is going to have to give them some more intense counseling. Yikes.
  • Options
    I'm really hoping to have an update to Wyrd Girls soon... but it's been a very busy week (including my birthday and my resignation from work due to disability... and yes, I'm not ashamed to admit I am fishing for well wishes and sympathy here).

I have managed to get some playing in. Just need to finish a couple things up before I start the next updates.

Teaser... Miranda with Shannon Charm, Elena Brujas and Claudette Blackwood at the Brookside Academy.
    hoQOneS.png
  • Options

I have to say, the game just keeps throwing these zingers at me! I, too, hope they can work it out, otherwise they may need to part ways. (Not what I had in mind.) Either that or Father James is going to have to give them some more intense counseling. Yikes.

I wonder if they need a break from each other... then reconnect again in a few "years," older and wiser.
  • Options
    @luciusstorm Happy Belated Birthday! And is it happy retirement? I hope you don't feel sidelined at all. The glass is half-full, not half-empty.
  • Options

I wonder if they need a break from each other... then reconnect again in a few "years," older and wiser.

Don't think that hasn't crossed my mind. I recall how Erik 'met' the NPC who would ultimately become Kayleigh. That certainly would be a rather dramatic twist to things. Hm. Need to wrestle with that a bit. They both just aged up, though. In my head-canon, he's now 20 and she's just 18. I'll give it a good think and see what the game throws at me next. :) Thanks for the creative fodder.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top