Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Farmhouse interior decorating Contest 5150 SP in prizes CLOSED! WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Comments

• Options
    scrapper42scrapper42 Posts: 1,881 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hello everyone! I wanted to know if there are still issues with trying to download my lot? If so I can try & re-upload it but I really don't know why it has issues since I did it the same way I have done all my other lots. I am not good with computers so all I can do is redo it & hope it works if there are still issues.

rosemow thank you so much for your praise of my lot & the kind words you have said about all the builds. It did take me many real life days to get all the photography for the lot. I like to add personal touches to all my builds.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I did the upload over so I have edited my entry post & put in the new link. :D I also added a chest in the entry way that has a lot of fun gift for your sim when they move in so don't forget to look in the chest. :wink: The chest is only in the new upload!

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    sunsetsorbetsunsetsorbet Posts: 3,171 Member
    edited May 2013
    Ugh, my game crashed twice yesterday while working on the house. Still so much left to do. I don't think my game like larger lot sizes.
    My SimblrMy ShowcaseMy StudioMy Page
    tumblr_inline_ncxfq7fK9U1t2rf78.png
    (no ts3 wishlist, because I own the store)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Aquaman I don't know why the first one didn't work but I have now put up a new upload on the exchange. You probably want to change the link to the new link on your entries post so people don't get the error but are directed to the upload on the exchange. I also renamed the lot to Horse Farm so people know that is the new uploaded lot (updated entry also). I could not figure out how to change a photo in my slideshow on photobucket so the layout there doesn't show the chest in the entry way. The photos that I posted here do show the chest with gifts for any sim that moves into the lot.

Please let me know if this upload works & opens up in game, thanks!

Here is a link for your reference & I put the new link in my official entry on page 8.

Ok we know that my other two tries at uploading the lot didn't work. I took down the links because I don't want anyone to download it when the lot doesn't show up in game. I don't use any CC so I think there is just a glitch or computer gremlins. It won't cause problems in your game but the lot won't show up either. For anyone that downloaded the lot, I am sorry. Please just delete it from your bin. My photos show what it looks like.
  • Options
    coolnebcoolneb Posts: 221
    edited May 2013
    can i change the outdoor wallpaper/ walls
  • Options
    coolnebcoolneb Posts: 221
    edited May 2013
    ignore what i said above
  • Options
    7aquaman77aquaman7 Posts: 250 Member
    edited May 2013
    This just in... Only hours before the deadline BUT we have a situation... Scrapper has her lot in and all is well... Or is it? There appears to be an issue with downloading it from the exchange and I can't judge it in game. SO to be fair to her, while NEW submissions will be closed as of midnight tonight (In 2.5 hours) unless I am a REAALLY nice guy and one comes in at a reasonable time thereafter, judging is going to somewhat postponed. Scrapper intends to redo her home in a hurry to see if she can get one in that will upload properly.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just wanted to pop in & say hi to everyone & say that I think all of you did a great job with your decorating.

Saltpastillen I just love the colors you chose & your outdoor fire pit area. The first floor has a great layout & flows from one room to the next. I thought a piano would be great but could not figure out how to add it in. You made it fit right in & look great.

Jenngnome Wow the way you divided up the house looks just great. The basement game room with a bowling lane means the sims that live here will have the best parties & won't have to leave home if they don't want to.

litabelaqua The kitchen area is beautiful & the way it looks into the beautiful sun room is really a nice touch. The bedroom are all done up & just waiting for a family to more in. Your outdoor pond looks very relaxing & inviting.

snowdove58 Adding the pizza oven in the kitchen is a really fun look. I really like how you put the wagon on the lot & the nursery is very cute.

fyrediamond My favorite part of you lot are the covered sitting areas outside. The way you designed the floors is just beautiful.

tanubanue I always find fun & inviting areas in your builds & this one has many of them. Your sun room painting area looks so inviting. The story you added is such a special touch. I also love what you did with the garage & barn, the way you used the fence as a divider is something I never would have thought of.

I have enjoyed looking at all the entries. I didn't want to look until I was done with mine.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    7aquaman7 wrote:
    This just in... Only hours before the deadline BUT we have a situation... Scrapper has her lot in and all is well... Or is it? There appears to be an issue with downloading it from the exchange and I can't judge it in game. SO to be fair to her, while NEW submissions will be closed as of midnight tonight (In 2.5 hours) unless I am a REAALLY nice guy and one comes in at a reasonable time thereafter, judging is going to somewhat postponed. Scrapper intends to redo her home in a hurry to see if she can get one in that will upload properly.

Hi Aquaman! I have tried everything I can think of to get the lot to work right. I think the only thing I could do is completely start over & I don't have time for that. Please go ahead & close your contest on time. I wish I knew why it would not show up in game once it was downloaded but computers are not my thing. I don't use any CC so I know that is not the reason why. I am calling it a night, going up to watch a tv show with my husband & enjoy a margarita. I am really sorry I could not get it to work. I spent lots of time on the lot & was happy with the way it turned out. I just wish I could have gotten it to upload right so others could enjoy the lot in their game too. Thank you for all the time you took this evening trying to help me fix it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ok... We will judge based on your photos. You still gave us a LOT to go by so you are still well in the running don't worry. Besides, everyone wins in this contest now :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Entrant: sunsetsorbet
    Entry name: Farm Fresh & Cool
    Link to entry: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7310944
    Description: 3 bedrooms and 3.5 bath. Kitchen has every appliance a sim could want. First floor has an entry way with grand piano, living room, office, kitchen, dinning room and bar area. Upstairs there is a playroom, and 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. The girls' bedroom is decorated just for you 7aquaman7 :lol: .
    Pictures:

Full album

Screenshot-2_zps6749a452.jpg
    Screenshot-11_zpsa9afe67e.jpg
    Screenshot-14_zps32da9aa9.jpg
    Screenshot-12_zps2759fe4e.jpg
    Screenshot-17_zps8f6a2e16.jpg
  • Options
    fyrediamondfyrediamond Posts: 11 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Entrant: fyrediamond

Entry Name: Down on The Farmhouse (originally Build by 7aquaman7)

link to house http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7292364

This house was built by 7aquaman 7, decorating and landcaping done by me. A 4 bedroom which includes a nursery that your baby can grow in. 2.5 bathroom a laundry room. A kitchen for entertaining a nice sitting area where you can sit an have lemonade while looking out to the back yard. Diningroom with a grand piano, an office, livingroom semi-open to a game section. Outside there is a lot of sitting area, one where you can watch the horses another adjacent to the garden, a picnic area and a fire pit. swing and hopscotch for the kids. This house is full of thing to do entertainment for both adult and children.

Screenshot-5_zps23a0691a.jpg
    Screenshot-6_zps3634c7cf.jpg
    Screenshot-7_zpsc59b3106.jpg
    [URL=http://Screenshot-10_zps6e4c0730.jpg/user/FyreDiamond/media/Screenshot-11_zps54a08ac9.jpg.html]
    Screenshot-11_zps54a08ac9.jpg[/URL]
    Screenshot-14_zps5678ebef.jpg
    Screenshot-17_zps8d2a143c.jpg
    Screenshot-12_zpse476b4dd.jpgScreenshot-13_zps41f50e1a.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,736 Member
    edited May 2013
    Farm Fresh and Cool looks good how you have furnished it @ sunsetsorbet :) It looks great how you have done the red curtains in the dining room which go well with the table/chairs there, and the mat looks good underneath the table. Nice furnishing of the kitchen, the greenery display there looks good, and it is great how you have the bar stools set up around the grill. The nectar racks and drink bar would be great to have a drink from. Pretty pink themed girls bedroom, and the ocean themed boys bedroom looks great. The shades of blue and purple you have used in the living room are nice. Great playground for kids to enjoy playing outdoors. It is a great home!
  • Options
    Candygurl84Candygurl84 Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited May 2013
    Everyone did a really great job! I left rec's for you all :-)
  • Options
    my1helopilotmy1helopilot Posts: 1,487 Member
    edited May 2013
    I have absolutely loved being a part of this contest and seeing everyone's designs. I have uploaded everyone's home and was able to get a view of your work in game. Everyone has done such an amazing job and such creativity. I definitely will be taking some of your ideas and applying it to my own homes.

Scrapper ~
    So sorry you had so many problems with your upload and I would of loved to see your work game. You have supplied us with an ample amount of photographs to be able to give a feel as if we were taking a walk through your home. Things happen and hope you don't feel too discouraged.

Good Luck to everyone !! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have absolutely loved being a part of this contest and seeing everyone's designs. I have uploaded everyone's home and was able to get a view of your work in game. Everyone has done such an amazing job and such creativity. I definitely will be taking some of your ideas and applying it to my own homes.

Scrapper ~
    So sorry you had so many problems with your upload and I would of loved to see your work game. You have supplied us with an ample amount of photographs to be able to give a feel as if we were taking a walk through your home. Things happen and hope you don't feel too discouraged.

Good Luck to everyone !! :D

Thanks! I just wanted to figure out why it didn't work so I don't have the same problem again. All my other lots in my studio work fine & some have sim photography in them to add a personal touch to the lot. Plus I spent so much time on it I was hoping other people could enjoy the lot in their game. :D There were so many things that I didn't get in the photos & I think to get a real feel for a lot you really need to take your sim on it or look at it in the build mode. I know I don't have any CC so it must have been some strange glitch.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The scores are in and each of you have done such a great job and spent so much time on this project that when I get back from running errands and post the winners EVERYONE is in for a surprise ;).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Wow, can't believe y'all are done with the judging so quickly!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just realized I forgot to take a picture of the office. Hopefully a few y'all saw it in game.

Good luck to everyone else who entered!
  • Options
    JenngnomeJenngnome Posts: 668 Member
    edited May 2013
    Wow, can't believe y'all are done with the judging so quickly!

LOl i actually agree XD Everyone did such a fantastic job, (in fact, I'm soo happy i am not a judge >.> I do not envy the judges positions what-so-ever. Everyone had so many different takes and interesting touches of their own to add..... yea... I'm happy i'm not judging!)

Oh, and sorry for not posting for the last 2 days. Been on, but ended up debugging and being 'techinical support' for friends XDD
  • Options
    Candygurl84Candygurl84 Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited May 2013
    :mrgreen: Yay Surprises! Good Luck Everyone!
    7aquaman7 wrote:
    The scores are in and each of you have done such a great job and spent so much time on this project that when I get back from running errands and post the winners EVERYONE is in for a surprise ;).
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited May 2013
    Good luck everyone! you all worked really hard on this project and its amazing to see how people have interpreted this build in their own way. Its been a fun contest, so thanks to 7aquaman7 for holding it!
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited May 2013
    Jenngnome wrote:
    3rd edit:
    Read Lita's post and decided that I should doa custard check on mine as well. Never downloaded any CC knowling (except hair, which wouldn't effect this) but low and behold, come kinda counter thing got mixed in.

SO. NOW custard approved~! ^.^b

I just saw this update on your post jenngnome, where does ths stuff come from lol! I would have put money on it that mine was a clean upload, but it was just an afterthought that I should check in custard. I fully expected to see it clean, and low and behold there was an issue. I was gutted! I was so thankful I checked which gave me the chance to reupload with a clean lot. I never download anything now without putting it through custard first and this has taught me a lesson not to upload either without custard checking!
  • Options
    JenngnomeJenngnome Posts: 668 Member
    edited May 2013
    LOL Trust me, i feel the same way XD

I don't mind CC-- that's not the problem... however, The CC i put in, i put in -knowingly- and it is -never- Decor or house stuff, or clothes

CC hair, make up, skin: That's the ONLY cc i want in my game, and I keep regular tabs on it.

So yea, I expected a compleeeeeeeeetely clean upload because... well.. I have never (knowingly) downloaded things that would effect a build.

And even after doing the check, and it said I had a counter attached to it-- i ran through the house to actually try and find what it was... never found it actually in the house and that kind of scared me. How did it attach if I didn't even put it in?

So THANK YOU for posting the "Oh shoot!" thing. I was able to delete mine via Launcher, but that was an eye opener for me. INfact, i checked a few of my sims that I -knew- had CC (always uploaded those on media fire instead of exchange because yea, don't want bad cc in my exchange) and guess what? that counter was attached to -sims- as well. HOW CAN A COUNTER BE IN A SIM CREATION?!?! xD

You probably saved me a lot of future drama with that one >.>
  • Options
    SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm so excited we are going to get the results today! I loved taking part in this contest. I do like building but there is something very rewarding with seeing how others decorate as well. I feel I got a lot of tips looking through everyone's entries which is great.

I hope you do similar contest in the future 7aquaman7!
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg