Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Farmhouse interior decorating Contest 5150 SP in prizes CLOSED! WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Comments

• Options
    Candygurl84Candygurl84 Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree! And a sweet cheerleader too :wink:
    7aquaman7 wrote:
    Rosemow, you have got to be the greatest cheerleader the forums has LOL
  • Options
    my1helopilotmy1helopilot Posts: 1,487 Member
    edited May 2013
    Finally got a chance to sit down so decided to take a peek to see how things are going :)

snowdove58 ~ Wonderful submission and absolutely love the green wall color you choose in the living room. I'm sure Aqua appreciates all the extras you threw in there too since his Sims are homebodies :D
  • Options
    7aquaman77aquaman7 Posts: 250 Member
    edited May 2013
    7aquaman7 wrote:
    :!: Bumpity :!: Another of my houses with minimal decoration just hit well over 100 downloads today. I decorated it but with base game only and no landscaping so more people could use it.

Wonderful Waterfall

It has a waterfall between 2 pools :)

I like your idea of making things downloadable for as many people as possible. I know once you have all ep's/sp's it's hard to stay on the straight and narrow, not to mention restraining yourself from using any of the store items you have.

Is this something you would be interested in for this contest?

I am so sorry that I missed this question earlier. No, I wouldn't be interested in having this home remodeled for this contest as 1) it would be comparing apples to oranges and 2) I am not really a big fan of the modern style of architecture for myself but I will likely redecorate that one myself for my own world anyways, I just wanted for others to be able to enjoy it first. I know there aren't a lot of people that own the entire store as I do and I was in the same boat not very long ago (Before the goodies boxes came out and I spent WAAAY too much money on them) and needed way too many store items to use people's goodies.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bump
  • Options
    my1helopilotmy1helopilot Posts: 1,487 Member
    edited May 2013
    Needs a bump :)

Enter now for an opportunity to earn some great prizes!!
  • Options
    JenngnomeJenngnome Posts: 668 Member
    edited May 2013
    Posting to give thread a bump ^.^

Downloading the farmhouse right now to give myself a try at it. -nod nod- May not come out ZAMG amazing, but at the very least, hey, I'll have a new decorated lot for my horse-woman sim ^.^
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hey quick question and free bump:

(btw this doesn't need to be added to the Q&A section. I designing is more fun if i look at it as 'Designing for a friend' rather than a contest ^.^)

How often do you use Seasons or Host parties? Water ballon fights and Snow ball fights?

(I ask for Landscaping reasons (if you don't have enough flat area, can't snowball fight... and While decore matters, if you throw a lot of parties and such, I will building around a nice 'flow' of things and sim routing versus just controlling 4 sims at a time)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Jenngnome wrote:
    Hey quick question and free bump:

(btw this doesn't need to be added to the Q&A section. I designing is more fun if i look at it as 'Designing for a friend' rather than a contest ^.^)

How often do you use Seasons or Host parties? Water ballon fights and Snow ball fights?

(I ask for Landscaping reasons (if you don't have enough flat area, can't snowball fight... and While decore matters, if you throw a lot of parties and such, I will building around a nice 'flow' of things and sim routing versus just controlling 4 sims at a time)

I don't do a lot of snowball fights but as for parties the basement of my main home now is one huge party room with a bar, bar games, stage with all the instruments, dj booth, karaoke machine, stereo and all the party fx machines with 4 dancefloors put together into 1 just to give you an idea of my parties. LOL I once had 29 people in one picture just on my dance floor at one party LOL. Of course this is in a 13 br home worth 1.4m furnished so I don't expect all THAT
  • Options
    scrapper42scrapper42 Posts: 1,881 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hello Aquaman. I think I will go ahead and take a shot at this but be kind it is my first time doing a contest like this. Since you are such a good friend of Tanu I just could not refuse. :mrgreen: I think it will be fun & a style I don't usually use. The good part is that I too will have a fun farm to use in my game too once I am done. :D

If I should be lucky enough to place I will decide where & who to use the simpoints on if that is ok. I don't currently have a WL because I own most of the store stuff I think I will use.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Awesome Scrapper! Glad you decided to join us. I MAY be extending the deadline a few days for the latecomers and because Tanu just now got her computer back from being in repair all this time and I know she mentioned her intentions of joining. Waiting to hear back from her as to whether she still plans on it. Need more entries to make this a real contest rather than a give away LOL
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm totally 100% ok with extending the contests for more entries.

I'm a professional Lurker. While I don't comment often in contests, and rarely personally participate-- I am absolutely fascinated by these types of contests.

I love the idea of starting off with a shell--- then seeing how that 1 simple idea can change from person to person. I also think it is honestly the best way to get new ideas for self projects.

Every day i like to look at pictures and see them 'evolve'. "Ohh... i like that idea" "oh, That was a brilliant use of -insert object here-" "Thats a floor plan I would have never thought of... and it worked well!" etc etc.

So yes. By all means, the more entries the better! Everyone has something of their own flavor to offer and I love seeing this sorta stuff xD
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    A lot of the reason I started this contest is I wanted a LOT of entries to get more and more ideas for my future use in decorating. Snowdove58 has already shown me I need a LOT more attention to the little details for sure LOL I tend to rush through things and half do them.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    7aquaman7 wrote:
    Awesome Scrapper! Glad you decided to join us. I MAY be extending the deadline a few days for the latecomers and because Tanu just now got her computer back from being in repair all this time and I know she mentioned her intentions of joining. Waiting to hear back from her as to whether she still plans on it. Need more entries to make this a real contest rather than a give away LOL

I didn't know I might be up against Tanu. :-o She does really beautiful outdoor spaces but it will still be fun to give it a try. :lol: I have the kitchen dining area done & the garage so far. Part of what I am not great at is dividing up the inside so I am still figuring out how to do the downstairs area. Hopefully once your contest is done you will have a few different farms you like & can use in your game. I will have it done by the deadline so no worries there.
  • Options
    Candygurl84Candygurl84 Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited May 2013
    Bump :-) Looking forward to seeing new entries!
  • Options
    sunsetsorbetsunsetsorbet Posts: 3,171 Member
    edited May 2013
    Can I turn the roof outside the second floor into a porch? Can I change the roof elsewhere?
    My SimblrMy ShowcaseMy StudioMy Page
    tumblr_inline_ncxfq7fK9U1t2rf78.png
    (no ts3 wishlist, because I own the store)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Answered question on question 12 and added a question 13 of my own :)

I KNOW there are a TON of builders out there that are more talented than I am but this contest is about decorating, not about building sorry.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    7aquaman7 wrote:

I KNOW there are a TON of builders out there that are more talented than I am but this contest is about decorating, not about building sorry.

I just wanted to double check. Don't worry, I'm not any good with roofs or too good with the actual architecture either. I was just hoping adding upstairs porches and changing the roof design would be minor enough that you wouldn't mind.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Good morning. :mrgreen: I will be working on the decorating again today. I am hoping to get a lot of it done by days end. I did change the windows in the first level back bump out area because when I looked they stuck out at funny angles (maybe you used MOO when you built). I hope this ok & I tired to put in ones that kept the look very similar to what you had built. I didn't want to change the walls or anything drastic. I am still figuring out the floor plan for the first floor since it is such a wide open space. It is one of the things I am not great at but hopefully it will work out when I am done with it. I really like the big lot & I am sure i will use this lot in game when I am done with it.

Mostly wanted to post so this gets back up on page one. :wink:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    7aquaman7 wrote:

I just wanted to double check. Don't worry, I'm not any good with roofs or too good with the actual architecture either. I was just hoping adding upstairs porches and changing the roof design would be minor enough that you wouldn't mind.

In the main home I use now I have 3 stage porches like that. I this home I really wanted the roof overhanging the porch to give it more of a farmhouse feel (And it actually took ma a good while to learn how to do. It was the first time I had ever done multiple pitches on roofs and trying to line up the pitch on all 4 sides was a bit of a challenge at first) I just want to keep it on this build.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have decided to extend the deadline to May 20 11:59pm EST to give the newcomers time to get their entries in so if you were toying around with the idea of entering but didn't think you had enough time now is the time to start!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Updated rules with entry form and rules 8-10 along with judging criteria to make it more clear
  • Options
    fyrediamondfyrediamond Posts: 11 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Entrant: fyrediamond

Entry Name: Down on The Farmhouse (originally Build by 7aquaman7)

link to house http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7292364

This house was built by 7aquaman 7, decorating and landcaping done by me. A 4 bedroom which includes a nursery that your baby can grow in. 2.5 bathroom a laundry room. A kitchen for entertaining a nice sitting area where you can sit an have lemonade while looking out to the back yard. Diningroom with a grand piano, an office, livingroom semi-open to a game section. Outside there is a lot of sitting area, one where you can watch the horses another adjacent to the garden, a picnic area and a fire pit. swing and hopscotch for the kids. This house is full of thing to do entertainment for both adult and children.
    Screenshot_zpsc005d521.jpg

Screenshot-2_zpscf1a200d.jpg
    Screenshot-4_zpsb412137d.jpg

Screenshot-5_zps4f9fe21b.jpg

Screenshot-6_zps29351a8f.jpg

Screenshot-3_zpsd389085b.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the extension. It's such a big house, I'm having trouble deciding what to do with all the space!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the extension. It's such a big house, I'm having trouble deciding what to do with all the space!

I understand and you're welcome. I look forward to seeing what you come up with :) Of course if you want to see a BIG house take a look at 'mammoth' house in my studio. I don't have proper pics up on it yet but it is a 13 br 15 bath 2 nursery total of 5 floors if you include the basement and sub basement and the basement is larger than the house taking up most of the 64x64 lot and all the space is utilized heh. That is the house I use primarily and the sims never have to leave. every skill and activity is under one roof LOL
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Great entry Fyrediamond :) Thanks for joining :)