Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Farmhouse interior decorating Contest 5150 SP in prizes CLOSED! WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Comments

• Options
    snowdove58snowdove58 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited May 2013
    This is a wonderful farm build. I'm missing 2 ex. I see I am missing the top windows. I am wondering if it's alright to make seperate rooms downstairs or do you want it left open? Also The windows, can they be adjusted, added to, or changed?
  • Options
    7aquaman77aquaman7 Posts: 250 Member
    edited May 2013
    Answered Questions to here
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bump
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Page 6? We can't have that! Back to the top with you! Hope everyone is too busy decorating to post! By the way, I would appreciate it greatly if you would show a little appreciation to my 2 FABULOUS judges Candygurl84 and My1helopilot and Do a little WRec'kage to their studios :) You will find they both do a GREAT job creating sims!
  • Options
    chococat9chococat9 Posts: 948 Member
    edited May 2013
    So just to be clear, this is NOT what you're looking for?

screenshot3vtm.jpg

screenshot2kw.jpg

screenshotad.jpg

Again, just want to be clear on that. Lol. I would submit a real entry, but you see what my decor always looks like and I'm terrible at landscaping. :) At least you got a free bump!
    fbb466ed-3c80-4341-94a8-f6b7439fcbce_zps74fe4b3c.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,736 Member
    edited May 2013
    Great use of the Katy Perry SP items ! @ chococat9 :) It looks fun and great! :) Just a little tiny bit different from what the real entries will look like!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Clearly Chococat knows what I do NOT like LOL
  • Options
    Candygurl84Candygurl84 Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited May 2013
    *hugs* thank you, you're too sweet :wink:
    7aquaman7 wrote:
    Page 6? We can't have that! Back to the top with you! Hope everyone is too busy decorating to post! By the way, I would appreciate it greatly if you would show a little appreciation to my 2 FABULOUS judges Candygurl84 and My1helopilot and Do a little WRec'kage to their studios :) You will find they both do a GREAT job creating sims!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lol :lol: Ok now I'm ready to see some real entries!!
    7aquaman7 wrote:
    Clearly Chococat knows what I do NOT like LOL
  • Options
    roboticromanticsroboticromantics Posts: 242 Member
    edited May 2013
    So, I've never done a contest here before, but I really love decorating and the farm style. (I spend way too much time in Riverview.) When I'm done, do you want me to upload the revised one on the Exchange? Should I post screenshots here too?

Also, I re-read the rules a few times but for some reason I'm still unsure of myself - do you want us to make tweeks to the exterior/outside, or no? (Quite frankly, I'm terrible with that so I hope you don't!)

P.S. I'm pretty sure you make better buildings than I ever could. Seriously, I'm terrible at it... which is why when I saw "farmhouse" and "interior" I was so excited. Oh, and "1750 SP in prizes"... that too... ;)
  • Options
    my1helopilotmy1helopilot Posts: 1,487 Member
    edited May 2013
    Aww thank you so much for the compliment Aqua :)

@chococat9 ~ Well I think it's adorable .. :P Don't worry Aqua I think I have a pretty good idea of what you don't like lol.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm at the place where I usually start testing for routing etc. I have a testing sim that I use to upgrade, fireproof, get things from the stores books etc. If you do not want this done, let me know.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    snowdove58 wrote:
    I'm at the place where I usually start testing for routing etc. I have a testing sim that I use to upgrade, fireproof, get things from the stores books etc. If you do not want this done, let me know.

That is a great extra. Testing is important though the upgrades etc are not needed for the others who do not wish to go through the additional trouble but still a nice extra. I look forward to seeing the finished product.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    *hugs* thank you, you're too sweet :wink:
    7aquaman7 wrote:
    Aww thank you so much for the compliment Aqua

You are both quite welcome. I am very happy to have you both helping with the judging as your friendship means a lot to me :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bump
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    :!: Bumpity :!: Another of my houses with minimal decoration just hit well over 100 downloads today. I decorated it but with base game only and no landscaping so more people could use it.

Wonderful Waterfall

It has a waterfall between 2 pools :)
  • Options
    SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    edited May 2013
    7aquaman7 wrote:
    :!: Bumpity :!: Another of my houses with minimal decoration just hit well over 100 downloads today. I decorated it but with base game only and no landscaping so more people could use it.

Wonderful Waterfall

It has a waterfall between 2 pools :)

I like your idea of making things downloadable for as many people as possible. I know once you have all ep's/sp's it's hard to stay on the straight and narrow, not to mention restraining yourself from using any of the store items you have.

Is this something you would be interested in for this contest?
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Options
    WillikesartWillikesart Posts: 98 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Working on the house! Having a lot of fun thus far. :) Should be done tonight-ish.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Entry- snowdove58
    link to lot- http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7282603

Description- 1 master bedroom,1 boys, 1 girls, nursery with crib and 2 beds. 3 bathrooms, study, art room, pool table room, kitchen & dining room, Big living room. There is a room upstairs with he sculpting,logic and alchemy table that could be used for your Sims interests. I put a cellar under the garage that has nectary, exercise, and martial arts stuff. Everything is unbreakable and fireproofed except stove that did not have that option(better cooking)and microwave(faster cooking. Garden has been fertilized and sprinklers are auto. There are some nectar bottles in the house wine racks and extra books and recipes in the living room and hallway bookshelves. Custard checked

81982f36-2080-47f4-87ce-8506d99c32c8_zps6b215464.jpg

Screenshot-85_zps10c41aac.jpg

Screenshot-86_zps967b54a9.jpg

Screenshot-50_zps9758fd76.jpg

Screenshot-51_zps777036c8.jpg

Screenshot-80_zps3c47456a.jpg

Link to photobucket- http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/SaskiaDay/media/Down On The Farm/Screenshot-83_zpsf358aa8d.jpg.html?sort=6&o=0#/user/SaskiaDay/media/Down On The Farm/Screenshot-83_zpsf358aa8d.jpg.html?sort=6&o=0&_suid=136830756169808087178800392967
  • Options
    SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    edited May 2013
    Since I don't own the windows that you've used. Would you mind terribly if I changed them into some that I do have? Because the replacements look horrid.
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the entry! So far I would say you are in first place! LOL
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Since I don't own the windows that you've used. Would you mind terribly if I changed them into some that I do have? Because the replacements look horrid.

Yes you may change the windows to ones you do have. I believe that is answered already in the Q and A but just to be sure... Yes
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Good job snowdove58 :thumbup:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,736 Member
    edited May 2013
    Great furnishing of the interior and landscaping work! @snowdove58 :) The wagon with the flowers around it looks good! The wheelbarrow out the front , the bench near the front tree ,benches out the back and the flowers around the steps all are great touches. Great to have the chicken coop and hives there for farmhouse living! Very nice colours and patterns that you have used through the interior. The furnishings all look very nice. Nice setting up of the bar and nectar rack area. It is very nice how you have done the dining room area with the light coming in, and the greenery on the windows and the flowers in the jars/*****, and plants nearby. The green chairs with the wood looks great, the red candles of the calling light combined with the red candle on the table looks good! Great wall pattern in this area and in the kitchen. Great middle counter area in the kitchen, and it looks good how you have done the mats there. Great countrified kitchen to cook in with the décor you used. Very nice loungeroom, the way you have placed the seats and the wall picture and colours you have used look so good! The large tv would be great to view tv/movies on. The horse themed decor you have used in the various rooms is great. The patterned curtains and towels in the bathrooms look so nice, and it was fun to see the little rubby ducky and bubble bath there! You have gone to so much details in the house, and it all looks so good! Very nicely done children's/teens bedrooms with the way you have done the walls, the floors and how you have chosen and placed and recoloured the items for the different bedrooms. Kids would like having them at their bedrooms. Sims would be able to do much skill boosting and making of items in the upper room, with the chemistry, alchemy , sculpting items. Great furnishing and landscaping work of this house! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Rosemow, you have got to be the greatest cheerleader the forums has LOL