Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Farmhouse interior decorating Contest 5150 SP in prizes CLOSED! WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Comments

• Options
    fyrediamondfyrediamond Posts: 11 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Your welcome and thank you, you know i never do anything on houses. This was my first major decorating job apart from the one i did on my first house i build. Thanks 7aquaman7
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,736 Member
    edited May 2013
    Great furnishing and landscaping work @ fyrediamond :) It looks great how you have the various outdoors activities and sitting areas for the Sims to enjoy using. Sims would like the swings and playing hopscotch. Nice outdoors sitting area and the nearby water feature looks good. Great to eat outdoors at the picnic spot. The flower work at the front of the house looks nice. The front porch would be great to sit on the seats and relax or have a read. Nice furnishing of the interior. The colours you have used look great. Great entry!
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hi Aqua! I saw your post on mypage and yes I finally got my computer back!!! Yay!!! :mrgreen:

I'll work on an entry and try to get it in either by Friday afternoon or Sunday. I skipped the rest of the thread cause I didn't want to see anyone else's ideas and derail mine, lol. But Hi to everyone!!

• Options
    fyrediamondfyrediamond Posts: 11 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for the nice compliments rosemow, I appreciate it so much :)
  • Options
    7aquaman77aquaman7 Posts: 250 Member
    edited May 2013
    tanubanue wrote:
    Hi Aqua! I saw your post on mypage and yes I finally got my computer back!!! Yay!!! :mrgreen:

I'll work on an entry and try to get it in either by Friday afternoon or Sunday. I skipped the rest of the thread cause I didn't want to see anyone else's ideas and derail mine, lol. But Hi to everyone!!

YAY! Glad you can still make it!

• Options
    Rawr2019Rawr2019 Posts: 14,407 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'll give this a try.

Are we allowed to change the outside at all? Like roof color or wall coverings?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Question answered (Question 14)
  • Options
    SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    edited May 2013
    Questions about moving windows.

Can I move the existing windows one step to the left/right if I need because I'm building interior walls?

Can I add one window next to the frontdoor?

Can I move windows slightly because to center them in rooms?
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Can I move the existing windows one step to the left/right if I need because I'm building interior walls?

Yes, I think this falls under being able to change the windows but sure, they can be moved to accommodate walls and room movements.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bump for entries
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    7aquaman7 wrote:

Yes, I think this falls under being able to change the windows but sure, they can be moved to accommodate walls and room movements.

Thanks! I just wanted to check because I had the feeling I might have taken to many liberties. I'm done with the downstairs and am moving upstairs.

I think it's great that you have extended the deadline because the house is rather large (or maybe it's just me and my perfectionist side kicking in).
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    There is 4 days left (Unless the contestants start begging for mercy and more time LOL) so enough time for some last minute quick decorators to get in on the fun. Lets get decorating!
  • Options
    JenngnomeJenngnome Posts: 668 Member
    edited May 2013
    Giving thread a quick bump ^.^

Still~ trucking through my entry. She's going slow, but i'm really, really happy with her thus far ^.^ Things are falling into place. MWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's slow going but the downstairs is all done and the upstairs just needs some recolors. do hope you like green - otherwise I'm out of luck :P
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    name ~ tanubanue
    Link ~ http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7297308

7aquaman7 had a problem. At first he didn't realize it as he had gotten this huge lot with a beautiful farm house on it for a very good deal. He first realized he had a problem when he pulled up in front of the lot and saw a house, barn, garage, horse training area, and a garden and not much else.

Worse yet when the door to the house swung open it revealed nothing except an echo. How could he manage to decorate and landscape this lot while still having fun in the town? Then it dawned on him...he pulled out his super cool new smart phone and dialed.

Tanubanue arrived a short time later and after hearing a bit of what Aqua required she put some festival tickets in his hand and firmly showed him to the door telling him not to return until she called again.

He was right in the middle of sharing a snow cone with a young woman born to be his bride when the call came telling him it was time to return. Excitedly he kissed his date good-bye and started for his new home.

He pulled up and noticed right away that there was a glimmering new sign surrounded by flowers and bushes and trees dotted the yard. The horse arena had been raked and soft new dirt put down for the horses hooves. A pond had been dug where he could spend a lazy evening fishing and the horses could drink their fill. The garden had been weeded and new plants were already growing beneath the watchful eye of the scarecrow. A playground area stood ready to entertain his future children. He ran first to the garage where he saw a brand new pick up perfect for carrying those hay bales and a special area just for his tools. The entire yard was now fenced in to keep out unwanted company and he made his way out the back door. On his way to the barn he noticed the rockers on the front porch and the brand new BBQ shining on the back porch. When at first he entered the barn the stairs between the stalls caught his eye and he ran up them. There was storage and an area for his barn cats. He rushed back down the stairs and in his hurry didn't notice the set of stairs heading down through the basement floor....

Aqua went around to the front of the house and with a deep breath opened the front door. This time it wasn't empty and hollow at all. A staircase was directly in front of him. He went up the stairs and at the top was beautiful stone fireplace, one of three in his new home. To the left were two children's room and a children's bath in between. There was also a master bedroom with a walk in closet and a master bath. On the left of the fireplace was a gate walk through to a nursery and large play area which opened up to the floor below. In the corner was a room with items to increase his skills while being able to keep an eye on the kids in the play room.

Back down stairs Aqua discovered a large kitchen with a formal attached dining room. Back out next to the stairs was a music/exercise area with a small room off to the side for tv watching and game playing. The back of the house was transformed into a living room which housed a chess table, sitting area, romantic nook, and an office reading area. The octagon room in the corner had been transformed into an artists room that his soon to be wife would love because of the floor to ceiling windows letting in plenty of natural light. Tucked under the stairs in the middle of the house was a room meant for romance and relaxation lit by little more than the fire place.

Just then the phone rang...it was tanu wondering how he liked the lot now especially the room under the barn....Aqua started back to the barn to find out...

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

I would like to add a link to a thread to show more pictures of the lot as I envisioned it:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/678927.page#10809069
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Awesome entry Tanu, as was expected... Great writeup as well... Lets see what the judges think AND what the other contestants still have coming in :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,736 Member
    edited May 2013
    Great way you wrote the descriptive story that accompanied your build ! @ tanubanue :) It was great to read it! Great way you have transformed the build through your landscaping and furnishing work. It looks good how you have done the fireplace area at the top of the stairs. The octagonal artists nook room is a very nice place for Sims to enjoy painting with the sunlight coming in. Great layout of the rooms in the house. The kitchen looks good, with the bar counter for eating at, and then leading through to the formal dining room. The pictures you have placed on the walls of the various rooms look good. It is a very nice family home that Sims would like living in!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If at all possible the judges would like to see links to more close up photos of interior decor. I personally will take a more hands on approach to judging (I add them to a world and tour so at least 2 of the judges will see EVERYTHING) but a picture is worth a thousand words as they say so pick out your highlights and link a slideshow for better odds :)

Oh, and Tanabanue? I will try HARD not to count off for the use of the word CATS and the placement of items for said creatures having anything to do with one of my homes since I didn't state it in the rules but know your client hehe. Fortunately for you 2 of the judges own cats :)

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for the nice compliments Rosemow :D

I will try to start a thread in creative corner to put up more pictures but I don't use photo bucket. Not sure if I'll have time though as I'm going away for the weekend.

And as for the cats, I didn't know you didn't like them but now I do and growing up around many many farms I never once saw one that didn't have barn cats but usually they slept in the hay :P Besides kitties are awesome! lol
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hi 7aquaman7, i think i will have a go at this, should hopefully have it completed by Sunday! Ive already downloaded the house and having a look at it right now.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    A quick note about the importance of photos in your submissions... *I* do own the store but my other 2 judges do not. That being said, they will be doing their judging based on the photos you provide. The more detailed you can be with your photos the better your chances. Take particular care in choosing what you consider to be your best rooms and features and showcase them as well as you can.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hi 7aquaman7, i think i will have a go at this, should hopefully have it completed by Sunday! Ive already downloaded the house and having a look at it right now.

Awesome! The more the merrier! Look forward to seeing it!
  • Options
    sunsetsorbetsunsetsorbet Posts: 3,171 Member
    edited May 2013
    I really need to get going on this. All I have done is the kitchen.

Screenshot-2_zps6749a452.jpg
    My SimblrMy ShowcaseMy StudioMy Page
    tumblr_inline_ncxfq7fK9U1t2rf78.png
    (no ts3 wishlist, because I own the store)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Nice start but you REALLY need to get a move on. It is a BIG house after all LOL
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited May 2013
    my apologies if you have posted this already, but what world do you intend to play this lot in?, or at least, where do you currently have it?