The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Farmhouse interior decorating Contest 5150 SP in prizes CLOSED! WINNERS ANNOUNCED

This is a contest to help me design the interior and landscape of my farmhouse. Now, I normally do all that but this time I was building a shell for a contest and well, I want to see how the community would finish this project so here we are...

The house can be found here...
Down on the Farmhouse

And a couple pics...

Farmlotfullview_zpsd83b9515.png

Farmhousefront_zps75d92ef0.png

Farmhouserear_zpsc6f5b52c.png

What I want is the interior to be finished and the landscaping done. If you decide the stairs need to be moved and interior walls redone, Or even want to add a basement, (Ask if you are not sure how to put stairs through the foundation... I didn't know for the longest time myself) that is fine as long as the integrity of the main home is kept. (And no scoffing at my build that you could do better as I am getting better but I know I am not amongst the upper echelon of builders by any means) ABSOLUTELY NO CC!!! I have no CC in my game and I don't want any. I own literally EVERYTHING in the store so anything from the store can be used but please refrain from using anything from the Katy Perry Stuff Pack, the one pack I have no intention of buying.

Deadline May 16 12pm EST so be quick about it... Edit Deadline extended to May 20 11:59pm EST
to give the newcomers extra time to get their entries in.

Comments

• Options
    7aquaman77aquaman7 Posts: 250 Member
    edited May 2013
    RULES:
    1. Absolutely NO CC

2. Each person can enter ONCE to make it fair so give it your best shot the first time.

3. All store items other than no longer available items may be used

4. All EPs and SPs other than the Katy Perry SP may be used

6. No more than 6 pics in the main post but pics are a must as these will be used in the judging as well. If you wish to use more, post links **Edit** It is HIGHLY recommended that you DO use more than 6 photos as 2 of the judges may not own everything that you place in the home so they will not be looking at the home in person but from the pictures you provide. Be sure and be as detailed with your photos as possible. A link to a slideshow would be recommended**

7. Do NOT add any sims or households to the home.

8. Fill out the following entry form:

Entrant:
    Entry name:
    Link to entry:
    Description: (include here any extras you want to bring to the judges attention)
    Pictures: (If more than 6 add link to photo gallery or slideshow)

9. In the description of your house you must give 7aquaman7 credit for the original build.

10. Judging will be based on the following: All of you SHOULD receive a 10 on the first 2 points if you follow instructions...

Filled out entry form 1-10 *Snowdove58 receives a 10... She filled out a form without the form being in place
    Followed the rules 1-10 *Snowdove58 receives a 10... She followed all the rules that were here at the time...
    Interior use of space 1-10
    Interior use of color 1-10
    exterior landscaping 1-10
    WOW factor 1-20 This includes attention to details, inclusion of little extras and just WOWing the judges in general
    Total 6-70 x 4 judges (My wife is also judging) for a possible total of up to 280 pts.

Judges
    7aquaman7
    Candygurl84
    My1Helopilot
    7aquaman7's wife
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Prizes:

First place 1900 SP venue or other set (Single item) from your WL or single WL of your choice OR 1500 SP split up as you wish from your WL or WLs of your choice

Second place 1000 SP in your WL or the WL of your choice
    Third place 750 SP in your WL or the WL of your choice
    Fourth place on 250 SP in your WL or the WL of your choice

Sponser ErinAwesome101 Sponsering 50 SP of the Fourth place on prizes so those prizes will be in a 50 SP increment and 200 for the rest split as you wish.

AS AN ADDED BONUS... I WILL BE REC'ING UP TO 3 PAGES OF EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOUR STUDIOS. THIS MAY TAKE A LITTLE TIME BUT I WILL GET TO THEM ALL.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Winners

1. Litabelaqua
    2. scrapper42
    3. tanubanue
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Questions and Answers:

1. Could I use photography on the walls that the sims took in game? I don't consider that CC but I wanted to check with you.
    Yes you can use photography and paintings on the wall

2. Recoloring patterns that are EA are ok right? No CAP patterns? I don't many CAP & would not use them but others might want the answer to this too.
    Recoloring patterns are fine. I would prefer no CAP patterns to keep it as clean as possible.

3. Do you have a household in mind for this lot? I ask because will you want things like a nursery, kids room or anything like that?
    A nursery/kids room would be great. Though I don't have a specific family in mind my families are always on the grow so it is a good idea to include a nursery/kids room combined so that they can grow from baby to child at least in the same room (Crib and childs bed amongst the toys)

4. Is there any special style of interior you are looking for? Whatever styles you think would fit with the house but I have fairly eclectic taste. Just nothing super bright.

5. Any colors you don't like? I am not real fond of super bright colors

6. Any type of room/activity that is a must for you? A Nursery/kids room but my sims also enjoy skilling so if there is room to intermingle skilling items that would be great as long as it fits the style.

7. Oh, you used store stuff in it? I don't have the three store items listed on the exchange, nor do I have Showtime, so those things will have to be replaced in my game. That's okay right? It is acceptable as long as it doesn't change the integrity of the house itself. I honestly don't know what from showtime would have been in the house... That is possibly just a glitch of the exchange.

8. Is there a budget? Any guidelines? No, there is no budget. My sims tend to be, well, wealthy. Even when I don't use cheats I choose careers and hobbies that make them a great deal of simoleans. Either that or they marry into money hehe

9. Can you add walls to the bottom floor or do you want it left open? As stated on the first page you can move walls add walls even move the stairs and add a basement if you like. The interior is yours to play with

10. Can the windows be adjusted? Yes. If you don't have the items used in the build they can be replaced with a reasonable alternative

11. Also, I re-read the rules a few times but for some reason I'm still unsure of myself - do you want us to make tweeks to the exterior/outside, or no? (Quite frankly, I'm terrible with that so I hope you don't!) No, you do NOT have to tweak the exterior. I want the farmhouse to remain intact. You are only to landscape and decorate the interior. You can redesign the floorplan on the interior and add a basement IF you wish but it is not a must, just so long as the interior design 'works' and wows me.

12. Can I turn the roof outside the second floor into a porch? Can I change the roof elsewhere? I'm sorry no. It states on the first post "As long as the integrity of the main home is kept" The idea is to decorate, not to remodel my build.

13. *Question I am adding* How do you add a basement to an existing foundation? Glad you asked LOL First you add the basement itself using the basement tool, then you choose the stair tool and choose the stairs and from the MAIN FLOOR where you want the stairs to go down position them then press shift and click. Your stairs should be placed where you want them through the foundation all the way to the basement floor without having to do a 2 stage stair.

14. Are we allowed to change the outside at all? Like roof color or wall coverings? Changing the home itself is not allowed in this contest... If you wish to change it for your own use after the contest feel free but for the contest purposes the home outside is to remain intact. This is not a contest to show that you can do a better job than I can at my own creation as I know so many can. LOL

15. what world do you intend to play this lot in?, or at least, where do you currently have it? I don't play any one particular world though currently I have been playing Glenvale City (Made by RFLong) because It has a LOT of empty lots to put my various builds in and several 64x64 lots as well as places to put more.

16. Can the planted area be changed around. yes the planted area may be changed as long as there is a fence to keep the horses out and a single sized gate so as not to let them in
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Let the games begin: You may now post!
  • Options
    scrapper42scrapper42 Posts: 1,881 Member
    edited May 2013
    I have never done anything like this but I will have to think about taking a stab at it. It might be fun to decorate this build for you. I will decide soon & let you know.

Questions:

1. Could I use photography on the walls that the sims took in game? I don't consider that CC but I wanted to check with you.

2. Recoloring patterns that are EA are ok right? No CAP patterns? I don't many CAP & would not use them but others might want the answer to this too.

3. Do you have a household in mind for this lot? I ask because will you want things like a nursery, kids room or anything like that?

Thanks for having such a fun lottery & it is a great way for you to get your lot decorated. :mrgreen:

edit question 3
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,847 Member
    edited May 2013
    Welcome to the gifting forums.

What you are doing is called a "contest" around here, not a "lottery". Just for not getting anybody confused.

Good luck with your contest!
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Erja888 wrote:
    Welcome to the gifting forums.

What you are doing is called a "contest" around here, not a "lottery". Just for not getting anybody confused.

Good luck with your contest!

Thanks for pointing that out :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bump
  • Options
    Candygurl84Candygurl84 Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited May 2013
    I will be glad to help you judge. I'm not that awesome at landscaping sooo I guess I would rather judge than enter. Sounds like a great contest though I can't wait to see some entries! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I will be glad to help you judge. I'm not that awesome at landscaping sooo I guess I would rather judge than enter. Sounds like a great contest though I can't wait to see some entries! :mrgreen:

You may not be awesome at landscaping but you ARE pretty awesome so welcome to the judging panel :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Aww thanks :wink:
    7aquaman7 wrote:

You may not be awesome at landscaping but you ARE pretty awesome so welcome to the judging panel :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bump for entries :-)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bump for entries
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bump
  • Options
    my1helopilotmy1helopilot Posts: 1,487 Member
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like a fun challenge so if you are still needing a judge would love to help out :)
  • Options
    SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    edited May 2013
    This sounds really interesting. I've bookmarked it and will get back after flashmob has been done.

Is there any special style of interior you are looking for?
    Any colors you don't like?
    Any type of room/activity that is a must for you?
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yay! Hope you can enter :-)
    This sounds really interesting. I've bookmarked it and will get back after flashmob has been done.
  • Options
    dawnrobdawnrob Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited May 2013
    Bookmarked ... I may give it a try :D great Idea
  • Options
    SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited May 2013
    Bookmarked :D

Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    sunsetsorbetsunsetsorbet Posts: 3,171 Member
    edited May 2013
    Oh, you used store stuff in it? I don't have the three store items listed on the exchange, nor do I have Showtime, so those things will have to be replaced in my game. That's okay right?
    My SimblrMy ShowcaseMy StudioMy Page
    tumblr_inline_ncxfq7fK9U1t2rf78.png
    (no ts3 wishlist, because I own the store)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like a fun challenge so if you are still needing a judge would love to help out :)

I was SO hoping you would say that! Another Awesome friend to help in the judging :)
  • Options
    my1helopilotmy1helopilot Posts: 1,487 Member
    edited May 2013
    You're very welcome .. looking forward to it :)
  • Options
    DorymaeDorymae Posts: 570 Member
    edited May 2013
    Is there a budget? Any guidelines?