Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An Important Update on the Future of These Forums

Comments

• Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    @EA_Cade I have a question, please forgive if it's been asked and answered already, I don't remember seeing it. Whenever I go to AHQ, I have to log in again even if it's only been less than an hour since I last visited that site. Will the new forums keep us logged in like this one does, or will we have to log in every time we visit? I know it's small thing, but I find it kind of annoying. Thanks.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    @EA_Cade I have a question, please forgive if it's been asked and answered already, I don't remember seeing it. Whenever I go to AHQ, I have to log in again even if it's only been less than an hour since I last visited that site. Will the new forums keep us logged in like this one does, or will we have to log in every time we visit? I know it's small thing, but I find it kind of annoying. Thanks.

That's odd. I have to log in every day but that's because my account is super duper special.

I'll flag this to our AHQ team to see if they can see why that happens, and hopefully prevent it from happening on the EA forums as well before they go live.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member

It's not just you. Happens to me too and is one of the many reasons I generally try to avoid AHQ.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    edited February 29
    EA_Cade wrote: »

That's odd. I have to log in every day but that's because my account is super duper special.

I'll flag this to our AHQ team to see if they can see why that happens, and hopefully prevent it from happening on the EA forums as well before they go live.

Thank you so much. :smile:
    EDIT:
    It's not just you. Happens to me too and is one of the many reasons I generally try to avoid AHQ.

Thank you for posting @luciusstorm I'm glad to know it's not just me this happens to.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,965 Member

everytime I open page on AHQ it tells me i have to sign in first even though I am signed in
    then i have to battle for a bit refreshing the site so it realizes I'm signed in

wouldn't be so bad if it didn't redirect me to front page everytime it deems me not to be signed in
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    Yep, I too have to log in to AHQ every time. It’s very frustrating and puts me off using it.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Not consistant but it seems to depend how long since I was onsite, but generally I dont have to log in every time during the day. @Simmingal

"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Cassandra52182Cassandra52182 Posts: 525 Member
    I too have to also log in every single time, plus the last time I even tried to submit a ticket on a bug I was having I clicked submit and nothing happened. Since then I haven't been able to start a new topic and submit, I'm only able to make replies on existing topics.
    yqCsdo8.gif
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member

Same, I thought it was just me.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    911TruthBear911TruthBear Posts: 626 Member

Well, I'm ready for the change...

As Dame Shirley Basey would say, let's get this party started!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqNcyFNMfLM

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    I too have to also log in every single time, plus the last time I even tried to submit a ticket on a bug I was having I clicked submit and nothing happened. Since then I haven't been able to start a new topic and submit, I'm only able to make replies on existing topics.

Are you putting something into the comment field (other than a picture) ?

That's the most common reason for this. The other is if your language is set to another language than english.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

Same, I thought it was just me.

Since I do game support, I just leave AHQ open til I'm done with it. So I only have to sign in daily.
    image.png
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,860 Member
    It depends if I’m on my phone or my computer. I have to sign in every time on my phone but just once a day on my computer. On my computer I can hop in and out and it’s just the one time that I have to login.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    I also get constantly logged out after minutes, even while I'm on the site writing a post...
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

@EA_Cade

Okay, I have gone through all 23 pages of this discussion and searched for "EA_Cade" to read your answers to our questions, and I haven't come across this one yet.

I read the New EA Forum Rules & Guidelines from May 2017, and I have a question about the following:
    Don't advertise. For anything: pay-to-play gaming sites, products or items for sale, referral links or advert links/images in forum signatures, avatar posts, blogs, profiles, you name it! But feel free to link to free gaming fan sites and free-to-enter league sites.

The above is confusing. Our community on these forums has allowed us to share our stories, including links to our blogs outside of the forums, and this seems to suggest that we are not allowed to add links on the EA forums to our blog sites and domains specifically dedicated to our Sims games.

Is this true? Will the rules be rewritten for the new site going live in July?
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    edited March 1
    texansky wrote: »
    @EA_Cade

Okay, I have gone through all 23 pages of this discussion and searched for "EA_Cade" to read your answers to our questions, and I haven't come across this one yet.

I read the New EA Forum Rules & Guidelines from May 2017, and I have a question about the following:
    Don't advertise. For anything: pay-to-play gaming sites, products or items for sale, referral links or advert links/images in forum signatures, avatar posts, blogs, profiles, you name it! But feel free to link to free gaming fan sites and free-to-enter league sites.

The above is confusing. Our community on these forums has allowed us to share our stories, including links to our blogs outside of the forums, and this seems to suggest that we are not allowed to add links on the EA forums to our blog sites and domains specifically dedicated to our Sims games.

Is this true? Will the rules be rewritten for the new site going live in July?

I've always hated the wording of that rule, at the time it was written we were seeing a huge spike in spam and phishing attempts both here and on AHQ. I'll flag this to the powers that be to see if we can finally get it updated.

The only thing I care about AT ALL is if you link to a blog that contains adult content, this includes adult content in your stories.

Keep it in line with this rule and you'll be golden:
    • Keep content clean and appropriate. Players of all ages see EA Forums, this is true even for T and M rated games. Make sure that any posts or images you use, or any websites you link, are in line with the EA Forum Rules & Guidelines below and the EA User Agreement.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Congratulations to all the new ones added to the list, @EnkiSchmidt, @DaniRose2143, @Bluegayle, and @Metior_Ice
    Congrats, @Metior_Ice :)

@luckyheather Thank you. I’m sorry I missed you when I quoted everyone. Tried to catch everyone I saw.
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited March 4
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    Thought it would be handy to have all the relevant dates in one post.

March 3: Cutoff for nominating threads for migration.

March 7: Verify Answers HQ account.

March 12: Content posted after this date will not be migrated.

July 2024: Sims Forum will close.

July 2024: EA Forum Launch.

Can you link me to the post where it says the cut-off day is March 3 for nominating threads dear, I want to link it to my discord correctly.

Never mind dear I found it. <3

Some good news here thanks to @EA_Solaire being awesome and able to keep on top of the nominations thread so far. I m i g h t be able to push the nomination thread deadline out by a few more days, but we do have to lock it before March 11th due to our deadline to get that information with the migration team.

I'll post any updates in the Nominations thread here.
    @EA_Cade Hi! Is the nomination cutoff date still March 3rd? Hoping its been pushed a bit further out. If it's still March 3rd, what time zone?

Also, is it alright to post a list of nominated threads with the same general reasoning for all of them at the top (i.e "these threads cover making mods, file details, etc."), rather than trying to list a reason for every single one? Would make this go a lot faster for similar threads and threads I may not be able to explain properly or shortly as to why they should be moved. Or is the "why" just for fun/others, rather than fully required?
    I know we can post in threads to include them for migration but that feels like it could get...spammy? So want to avoid posting too much if I can help it. Also I noticed it says edits count for thread activity, but is that edits of any kind or just the owner?

Edit: Also I saw this when going through here, curious about the answer to this as well: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18354552/#Comment_18354552

And I'm not seeing a technical modding and/or modding tutorial section on AHQ's temp forums. Could a general one (or two to separate them if allowed) for modding be made as well for these threads to be safely moved to? The current setup would lump it in with regular user discussion or the issues section, neither would be a fitting place.

Edit 2: For the technical modding threads I'm nominating, some have physical uploads such as TDESCs and .bts (like in this thread). Since they are official accounts, will these uploads be moved too?
    Also if we bump a thread that's very old, in case the nomination date has not been moved back and miss the cut off, are those threads going to be locked after because of the necroposting rule (even if we state it's to preserve the thread)?
    Post edited by MizoreYukii on
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,965 Member
    edited March 2
    Uh oh 10 days and then new posts will not transfer to new forums 👀
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EA is slowly trying to get rid of the sims. They've squeezed it dry for all the money they can get and they are trying to throw it out.

I don't think that creating an EA-owned forum instead of paying for a third-party forum is a way to get rid of the Sims? This forum has been really buggy for the last couple of years.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

:s So much pressure to finish my large post I'm planning... :s

Well then, important threads made after that I'll download as HTML file in hopes it works and shows all that content for me to transfer over to the new forums.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,661 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

:# And so the countdown begins :#
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,661 Member
    edited March 3
    EA is slowly trying to get rid of the sims. They've squeezed it dry for all the money they can get and they are trying to throw it out.

I don't think that creating an EA-owned forum instead of paying for a third-party forum is a way to get rid of the Sims? This forum has been really buggy for the last couple of years.

Totally agree with that. What would be the point in starting a new forum if that was the case?
    MLgj4Vx.png