Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

POSSIBLE LEAK - The Next Sims 4 Expansion Pack

Comments

• Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    After finding out there can only be up to two families on a multipurpose lot

Was this confirmed somewhere?
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    After finding out there can only be up to two families on a multipurpose lot, I really wish they would free up the possibility to for commercial use of the lot as well. Even on a 30x20, I can make two households and a commercial store or cafe on the ground.
    @LeucosiaX When did they say we can only have two families? Not a deal breaker for me, I can still make a Vampire vs Werewolf family feud lot with two. I would have preferred the option of having up to four, though.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member

Animal Sanctuary? 🥹

Could this mean that we'll be able to build an entire apartment complex for say, spectacled langurs & lar gibbons?
    How about renting out a penthouse to odd couples such as Othello the sunbear and Lorraine, his elephant wife, and give the basement to a very decent little family of bright eyed slow loris... lorisses. Lorissees...Lorissay...Lorisidae..

Will there be water dragons?

Can we teach bearcats to break and enter?

Can they all have petsnails? Please?

I mean, ofcourse I will buy that!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Finally the forums are back up so I can say what I'm thinking.

This gives me Apartment Life vibes, just the biggest features being building apartments without cheats, being a landlord, and, well, apartments, though they already exist in The Sims 4 (with City Living and Eco Lifestyle).

If it is true, I really feel like they should explain how will this lot type work. For example, how to set up units, will it allow multiple households to live in there etc. I feel like I for example need these rules so I can start building these lots for this pack.

I need more info to be excited about it. Will it update City Living apartments? If multiple households can live on one lot, how much is the limit?

If the leak says that the release is on December the 7th/8th, then knowing the trend of the time between trailer and release (6 - 4 weeks on Thursdays), we'll see more info at around November the 9th if they want to keep us guessing or November the 2nd if they are generous enough.

If that date is correct we have 41 Days Left.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited October 2023
    Eleri wrote: »
    After finding out there can only be up to two families on a multipurpose lot, I really wish they would free up the possibility to for commercial use of the lot as well. Even on a 30x20, I can make two households and a commercial store or cafe on the ground.
    @LeucosiaX When did they say we can only have two families? Not a deal breaker for me, I can still make a Vampire vs Werewolf family feud lot with two. I would have preferred the option of having up to four, though.

They didn't say that. They only mentioned two families when they talked about a ''duplex'' house, which makes sense, since a duplex are two homes, so two families. If you make a flat with apartments, I am almost sure you can have more families.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited October 2023
    bizuktag wrote: »
    After finding out there can only be up to two families on a multipurpose lot

Was this confirmed somewhere?

Nope, see post above ^
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    edited October 2023
    @bizuktag it's not confirmed but a 2nd leak was made from apther online game store with more detail. Two households only

https://youtu.be/ONdubdkM-2c?si=hxX_HHqew1cF-joj

@rudy8292 @Eleri
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    @bizuktag it's not confirmed but a 2nd leak was made from apther online game store with more detail. Two households only

Thanks! I don't see anything in that video other than the leaked features list that's now in the first post in this thread. The features list includes different rental scenarios, including: "a basement suite", "a duplex to keep 2 families close" or "even apartments", and the order of the list reads like the number of rental units is going up each time - basement suite (1 unit), duplex (2 units), apartments (more than 2 units). I would be very surprised and disappointed that apartments were included in the description if we could only move in a maximum of 2 families.

Of course it's possible, but personally I'm not going to take that video as anything other than the person's interpretation of the same info we all have. Hopefully we'll know more soon!
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member

@rudy8292 @Eleri

I was a bit worried about that too.

Duplex means two houses in a building, and a basement apartment would be a different floor, l but I don’t think they actually said we could only have 2 apartments. I’m hoping we can have at least 4.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

@rudy8292 @Eleri

I was a bit worried about that too.

Duplex means two houses in a building, and a basement apartment would be a different floor, l but I don’t think they actually said we could only have 2 apartments. I’m hoping we can have at least 4.

@SheriSim57 Yes I already have row townhouses with up to four and other condo apartments with more in my game, so I really hope they permit more than two families.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member

@rudy8292 @Eleri

It's the description of the pack shown on the first page for those who are curious.

And I think this is the part that brings this thought:
    The New Lot Type in Town - New Residential Rental lots give you the chance to get creative with multi-family dwellings. Give your Sims a basement suite to rent out, create a duplex to keep 2 families close or even build apartments.

For me, this isn't confirmation that only up to two households only, but rather as one of the examples on what can you do with the lot type. I guess we could take this as a confirmation that multiple playable households can occupy this lot type, but yeah, this is just an example as you could build and place duplexes in The Sims 2 too.

Though I might be bad at reading between the lines, I really don't think that two households only thing is true. I'll rather wait for the official info on that.
  • Options
    MeTime85MeTime85 Posts: 142 Member
    edited October 2023
    I hope they fully integrate this pack in with Dream Home Decorator. And pls let this pack have features from all the real estate mods. It's so many out there that it's hard to keep up with them.
    For-forum.jpg
  • Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    Rental houses alone does sound extremely shallow, even if we could own and rent out several of them.

Add real estate career, being a landlord, and townhouses/apartment managing and more business options (like renting out shop space, restaurant space and living space in one building), then we might be talking about something substantial.

Without multipurpose lots, hotels or apartments, I cannot see how a rental property would warrant a full EP.

I would LOVE a real estate career option!
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    plumboy23 wrote: »
    Well, maybe spiral stairs and burglars are part of this, please let it be.

And functional elevators 😍❤️🥺😭
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I agree that I don't get the idea that only two families are allowed from that description. We can have duplexes, and we can have apartments. Probably there will be a limit of some sort since the number of Sims on a lot is limited. How many can be in an apartment complex might depend on whether or not there are loading screens.

I hope we find out all the details soon!
  • Options

@rudy8292 @Eleri

It's the description of the pack shown on the first page for those who are curious.

The New Lot Type in Town - New Residential Rental lots give you the chance to get creative with multi-family dwellings. Give your Sims a basement suite to rent out, create a duplex to keep 2 families close or even build apartments.

For me, this isn't confirmation that only up to two households only, but rather as one of the examples on what can you do with the lot type. I guess we could take this as a confirmation that multiple playable households can occupy this lot type, but yeah, this is just an example as you could build and place duplexes in The Sims 2 too.

Though I might be bad at reading between the lines, I really don't think that two households only thing is true. I'll rather wait for the official info on that.

Oh goodness I really hope so. Fingers crossed the game will update we can fit more than two families on one lot.

Also huge bonus we could have commercial used and mix used spaces.That would make this expansion pack valued as gold. It's absurd wasting a whole lot for just a bar where there is ample space to put apartments above like in real life. Since they can't give up bigger worlds this would be a life saver.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    The animal sanctuary has my interest. I hope the animals have some interactivity to them, like they move around and can be fed. And that they're in debug. Even better if they have friendship bars. Forget some stupid sanctuary, I'm going to do everything in my power to have my sim bring a tiger home and keep it as a pet. I'll run a sancutary out of their home.
    What if the animal sanctuary was for dragons?

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited October 2023
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    The animal sanctuary has my interest. I hope the animals have some interactivity to them, like they move around and can be fed. And that they're in debug. Even better if they have friendship bars. Forget some stupid sanctuary, I'm going to do everything in my power to have my sim bring a tiger home and keep it as a pet. I'll run a sancutary out of their home.
    What if the animal sanctuary was for dragons?

Well there is Komodo Dragons in Indonesia which is close to Thailand 🤔 there is also Bearded Dragon but those are in Australia
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options

@rudy8292 @Eleri

Oh goodness I really hope so. Fingers crossed the game will update we can fit more than two families on one lot.

Also huge bonus we could have commercial used and mix used spaces.That would make this expansion pack valued as gold. It's absurd wasting a whole lot for just a bar where there is ample space to put apartments above like in real life. Since they can't give up bigger worlds this would be a life saver.

Agreed. While this lot type does help to reduce the amount of residential lots to fit more commercial lots, it would be awesome to have these type of options too.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited October 2023
    I can't see why this wasn't implemented in City Life or whatever that pack was called. I mean, apartments have now appeared in TWO different past packs (City Life and Eco Living - names may be off, my brain isn't working this morning, sorry lol). EA, SMH.

Also, if this really is only two families to a lot, that's really disappointing. They've had so long to get this feature right, and are now selling it separately when it should have been in a past pack, and they're going to short change us after selling the content in pieces to begin with?

If the leaked description is what we see for the final description, I'd say that yes, that means only two families to a lot. I know it doesn't seem absolute, but I've been through two decades of The Sims games and pack reveals and releases now, and I can tell you, you should never expect more than what is said/shown initially.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    While I am in LOVE with the concept, because Sims 2 apartment life was a really enjoyable experience, I'm afraid that the Sims 4 take on Apartment life is going to focus only on one main feature whereas Sims 2 added way more in terms of content : the whole apartments system with a landlord NPC and all the neighbor interactions, a reputation gauge (we got that in get famous), roommates system (got added to base game alongside University EP), witches and magic (got that in realm of magic).

The leaked description of the sims 4 EP make it seem like we're only getting the apartments with the twist being that we can both be renters AND landlords, which sounds cool but.. That's pretty much it.

So just in terms of pure content/new systems to explore and discover, Sims 4 EP are kinda underwhelming when compared to their TS2 and TS3 counterparts because instead of adding more than what we are used to we are getting only a fraction of it.

Purely based on the leaked description, it seems to be a City Living refresh hidden behind a new world to justify slapping a 40€ price tag on it. We already got apartments and it was the main feature of the EP it appeared in, lol.

Don't get me wrong, I am going to buy it regardless but I just wanted to point this out and this is in no way the fault of the sims team but EA allowing less and less budget for packs most likely, it's an old game after all and the decline in sales is probably showing in their results and budget allocations.

As someone else pointed out in this thread, this seems to be the perfect opportunity for future hotels mod, because there's no way we're getting it in this EP otherwise it would be part of the key features list and EA wouldn't miss the opportunity to re-use a whole system created for a pack, tweak/enhance it just a little bit and sell it as part of another full price pack lol.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member

@rudy8292 @Eleri

I agree with your take.

Did you notice the way they worded the new lot type “in town”? Why didn’t they just say New Lot Type? It makes me worry we can’t just use the new lot type anywhere.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    babajayne wrote: »

@rudy8292 @Eleri

I agree with your take.

Did you notice the way they worded the new lot type “in town”? Why didn’t they just say New Lot Type? It makes me worry we can’t just use the new lot type anywhere.

Marketing, I guess. To be young and hip. I don't know what it is exactly referencing.

But yeah, if I overanalyze this thing, I don't see "the town" or "new town", so I guess it means any town, meaning every world can have this lot type.

Though still, more info in the future, I guess...
    Post edited by EgonVM on
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    The most important question for me is can we make multi family lots in all worlds? I hope this feature won't be restricted to the new world. It would be a great solution to some of the small worlds like moonwood mill and glimmer brook.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    I can't see why this wasn't implemented in City Life or whatever that pack was called. I mean, apartments have now appeared in TWO different past packs (City Life and Eco Living - names may be off, my brain isn't working this morning, sorry lol). EA, SMH.

Also, if this really is only two families to a lot, that's really disappointing. They've had so long to get this feature right, and are now selling it separately when it should have been in a past pack, and they're going to short change us after selling the content in pieces to begin with?

If the leaked description is what we see for the final description, I'd say that yes, that means only two families to a lot. I know it doesn't seem absolute, but I've been through two decades of The Sims games and pack reveals and releases now, and I can tell you, you should never expect more than what is said/shown initially.

That would make no sense the way they separately mentioned "or even build apartments", English grammar doesn't seem to include the comma mark before the last mention/text in a sentence. Duplex is not the same as apartments (plural), only 2 houses next to each other. In that case this would be false advertising of features on EA's behalf, and it will DEFINITELY cause a lot of discord. I will be angry and upset if this will happen, because many of us have wanted buildable apartments for so long, if this pack is about duplex living, it will be very limited and boring.