Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

POSSIBLE LEAK - The Next Sims 4 Expansion Pack

Comments

• Options
    GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    Hope this means they will make apartments playable again by making the walls go down again in play mode. I really miss being able to play them without doors and stuff blocking the view.
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    aelias24 wrote: »
    I will be upset if the animal sanctuary is a rabbit hole.

I don't think it will be but it will probably be on a non lot like the Amusement Park in Copperdale. I'm hoping we'll be able to visit and interact with the animals eg feed the elephants or ride the elephants.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I wonder how many premade apartments Maxis will add to our libraries.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,676 Member
    If we get elephants, I hope for mice :) Anyone else looking forward to dropping a mouse in the elephant area?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    MarteziaKingMarteziaKing Posts: 277 Member
    edited October 2023
    Honestly, out of all the expansions packs they released so far this year, this one in particular appears to be the most boring one. It's basically Apartment Life but without the magic and other stuff. I'll get this one when it's on sale but I might change my mind/opinion on it once more features are revealed.
    Post edited by MarteziaKing on
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥
  • Options
    RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 134 Member
    lynreplies wrote: »
    It's a game it's not that deep! calm down girl

Yeah, in a game where you can trap and starve neighbors, get impregnated by aliens, and run a restaurant serving only poisoned foods, I don't really care if the game doesn't follow the exact same housing regulations as the United States 💀💀(not to mention this world is supposed to be Thai inspired, so it wouldn't even follow American building regulations).

I'm sure some of the default EA builds already break some sort of housing or safety regulation.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    At least those that EA built without a toilet do.
  • Options
    MarteziaKingMarteziaKing Posts: 277 Member
    > @Ziafar said:
    > At least those that EA built without a toilet do.

Oh yeah...how could we forget that. How did the team made that mistake? (I'm being sarcastic, they were probably in a rush when they built that lot and forgot to place the toilet...of all things). 😬🤦‍♀️
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    I wonder how many premade apartments Maxis will add to our libraries.
    I don’t know how many they will add, but I’m sure looking forward to the ones simmers make!
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I built some New York brownstones in San Myshuno a while back (they even have basement suites with their own basement level entrances from the front street), with a little mom n' pop corner store next to them (a typical NYC Brooklyn neighbourhood thing). Both brownstones have a basement suite and even the pretend corner store has a couple of apartments above it with their own entry at the back corner of the building. I built this lot with the hopes that some day we would get multi-family functional lots in the future (even if the corner store can't function as a proper retail venue and is only there for looks).

I hope this upcoming EP will let me use this build as originally intended? :)

Brownstones and corner store:
    h3uDgwf.png

Basement suite entry from the street:
    KF4Lh4I.png

Rooftop terrace:
    KIffjML.png

Back view with fenced in yards:
    iaMrJaR.png

Maybe if they can function as proper townhouses and apartments, I'll post this lot to the gallery for others to use.... I think the basement suites in particular would be fun to play. Fingers crossed our speculations are correct! :smiley:

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    I’m hoping basement suites will allow me to properly give my evil sims a supervillain lair that’s underneath a cover operation… >:)
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited October 2023
    It will be interesting to see what system they use this time for custom apartments.
    I've been through this with the Sims 2 and the Sims 3. Both had their drawbacks and required tricks to get the apartment to perform how I wanted it to. I really did enjoy my apartments though. Whatever they do, I think at least one of my apartment ideas will crossover to the new system.
    snapshot_0000000e_55fcb290.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    snapshot_0000000e_158fe0b1.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Screenshot-365.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Screenshot-383.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Screenshot-2497.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Screenshot-2557.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

This will be another pack for my sim, Olivia Banks.
    She inherited her mother's Clothing Boutique, which will help her quick rise to riches, but owning rental property will be a welcome additional income stream.
    12-26-20_7-06-24_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    I am looking forward to more info. I haven't played TS4 for months, this will probably get me back to simming.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Wow so everything we can already do in game If you have city living??

This is an expansion???
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    graventhe wrote: »

This is an expansion???

You can't build your own apartments with city living and you can't be landlord either.
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    edited October 2023
    So cryptic tweets today, teaser trailer tomorrow nov 1st and full reveal trailer, blog posts and preorders starting on thursday nov 2nd?
  • Options
    RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 134 Member
    I hope they fix the apartments in San Myshuno first. I'd hate it if they released a bunch of new apartments and just left the old ones there to rot and glitch out.

So many issues have stacked up over the years and San Myshuno can be kind of a glitchy mess nowadays, which sucks. There's issues with the see through walls, unpaintable roof tiles in multi-level apartments, and mismatched lighting on the shell exteriors, and probably others I'm forgetting.
  • Options
    SimmingBee90SimmingBee90 Posts: 24 Member
    graventhe wrote: »

This is an expansion???

Multi family housing isn't in the game already. It's just not.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    @AncientMuse I really like your appartment building with the little store.
  • Options
    ShannonMarie_76ShannonMarie_76 Posts: 46 Member
    I really hope this is true, I have been waiting for the ability to build apartments since Sims 4 came out 9 years ago. I was so disappointed when they did not give us this ability in City Living.
  • Options
    ShannonMarie_76ShannonMarie_76 Posts: 46 Member
    Someone on X said Lil Simsie had been building a lot of hotels lately.

I have not seen that and I have gone through her newest vids since this was said and it seems not to be true. She has built townhouses, but she often does because she likes townhouses.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited October 2023
    If we get elephants, I hope for mice :) Anyone else looking forward to dropping a mouse in the elephant area?

We have mice. The ones that run out of the mice holes (City Living/Cats&Dogs,) and the caged one from My First Pet Stuff.

They are tied to objects, though. :/
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,676 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

We have mice. The ones that run out of the mice holes (City Living/Cats&Dogs,) and the caged one from My First Pet Stuff.

Ok, but I don't expect us to be able to place those elephants in the San Myshuno flats. Need to respect the worried neighbors living one floor down... ;) MFPS could get a new mission, though :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    The image and their youtube tagline - "Take a peek at the neighbor's secrets..." - make the leaked info seem accurate.

If true, I'm excited for the potential that multi-family lots could hold. My sims have been waiting to live in a functional trailer park forever :D