Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

POSSIBLE LEAK - The Next Sims 4 Expansion Pack

chaccechacce Posts: 49 Member
UPDATE - The Boxart and Pack Description for The Sims 4 For Rent Expansion Pack has allegedly been leaked by user anadius on Twitter:

qypN8HM.jpg
7zaXUCd.png
πŸ”— https://x.com/anadius/status/1717244678846796249?s=20

Instant Gaming has a new listing on their website for The Sims 4: Rental Houses Expansion Pack with a December 8th release date.

tWWAicf.jpg
πŸ”— https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/15236-buy-the-sims-4-rental-houses-pc-mac-game-ea-app/

Instant Gaming previously leaked Horse Ranch a couple weeks before the pack was announced: https://simscommunity.info/2023/06/06/sims-4-horse-ranch-ep-speculation/

What do you think of this possible leak?
Post edited by chacce on

Comments

• Options
    AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    I definitely think it’s a real estate pack then. The name and release date may change but instant gaming as been right in the past.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    So that's what they mean by neighbourly. Wonder how they will work and if we'll be able to build a second house on the lot and rent it out.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    If this is real I hope it includes hotels and Bed and Breakfast as well. Rental houses as the theme for a whole EP seems a little shallow. Guess we shall see...
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited October 2023
    Rental houses as the theme for a whole EP seems a little shallow. Guess we shall see...

I was thinking the same. Sounds a little like Dream Home Decorator 2 (which is one of the shallowest packs for gameplay to date imho). And that one was a GP.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    edited October 2023
    I agree that it sounds shallow as is, but I'm excited to learn more if this leak proves true. I've wanted hotels for a while now, I'm just concerned that it'll only be about owning hotels, not staying in them. Plus, with rental lots already being a feature of the game, having an expansion pack dedicated to rental houses is a bit...underwhelming, but we'll see.

Edit: also the image on the site reminds me a great deal of the wedding pack's build buy, to the point where I'm not certain that it's not. but take that with a grain of salt because I don't play with that pack often.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    It's not confirmed but speculation and a possible leak

https://youtu.be/_rmxbpICRq4?si=Gn3ANYNVYwc0T28s
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    How is this different than just setting up a rental property? I can already rent in Sulani, San Myshuno, and anywhere I want.

I really really want townhouses.
  • Options
    BlackGirl73BlackGirl73 Posts: 66 Member
    edited October 2023
    A difference could be, if you can own multiple houses and then let them as landlord. THAT would be marvelous!
    Or if you can own several shops/restaurants and build a franchise.
    Or if you can finally buy community lots like bars etc.
    Or something like live in business from lilsim
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    Rental houses alone does sound extremely shallow, even if we could own and rent out several of them.

Add real estate career, being a landlord, and townhouses/apartment managing and more business options (like renting out shop space, restaurant space and living space in one building), then we might be talking about something substantial.

Without multipurpose lots, hotels or apartments, I cannot see how a rental property would warrant a full EP.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Someone on X said Lil Simsie had been building a lot of hotels lately.
  • Options
    aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    Someone on X said Lil Simsie had been building a lot of hotels lately.
    What, OMG!

Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    If this is real I hope it includes hotels and Bed and Breakfast as well. Rental houses as the theme for a whole EP seems a little shallow. Guess we shall see...

That's what I was thinking bc we technically already have vacation rentals. No they're not permanent, but just giving a permanent rental could've been a patch not an expansion.

I'm honestly not super clear on how rentals make you more neighborly. (Like other than myb living in apartments? )But I'm thinking the real pack title might be a bit better, and that they'll force some puns to make it make sense. πŸ€”

But this could be good if it means we Finally can own our own apartments. From having a sim be a landlord and having a separate home. To them living in the penthouse and renting the other units. Or even having their extended family in the other units.
    I know it's not open world so load times would still be a thing. But you literally could have all of a sims extended family living in condos or something. The roommate system might change too who knows?

And this would technically be a kind of live-in-business which gives me hope. But that's based on speculation and extrapolation. Rentals>Resorts>Bed and Breakfasts>Condos&Cafes
    Condos > Families
    Cafes> Live-in-Businesses

But I think being able to do any kind of rental ownership and renting it out would require a system kind of like oh I've forgotten the name the restaurant pack that was fixed with a mod. Out to Eat? Go to Eat? Idk. But one that actually works. Same with Get to Work.

It had seemed like they were hinting at a refresh for a bit. And showing ideas that really require those systems, especially GTW, being fixed. It'd be cool, but unlikely, if that came out right before this released.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    I guess this is probably accurate based on previous EP leaks. But the picture must be just a placeholder, as it was for the leaks for HSY and Horse Ranch. And I think the date may change, presumably to December 7, which is a Thursday, rather than 8th, a Friday?

I too am curious to know how this theme will be developed enough to be an EP. (Now I feel I'm sounding like all those who thought Horse Ranch should be a GP not EP :) ).
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Strange.
    If it were a game pack, it would make sense to me.

If it is real, I hope our sims can invest in real estate and buy and own rental properties.
    I hope house flipping is a thing too and you can see townies purchase and populate houses you buy and renovate.
    Perhaps there is a real estate agent career.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

Well Horse Ranch already was shallow. We are getting now Game Packs for the price of an Expansion, i fear 😣
    I really hope the noodle dish and the elephant kettle from the roadmap trailer at least lead us to Thailand 😻

And this is not the final cover as it seems ^^
    Found this on tumblr, if the pic is real this house is two years old?
    62fc1141138a84292596dbd81c217dec42773ffa.pnj
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited October 2023
    If it's just rental houses, I am like: why?
    Like, it seems that they try to make EP's out of every little feature nowadays to stretch the lifespan of the game.

At least I hope it will add buildable apartments at least, so we don't have to use that roommate system anymore to make fake ones.

Also multi-purpose lot's. I would love to run a home business.
  • Options
    Buildable apartments would be nice. But AirBnB is the opposite of neighbourly, so I'm confused.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    A difference could be, if you can own multiple houses and then let them as landlord. THAT would be marvelous!

Iβ€˜m quite sure that it is already possible to own multiple shops/restaurants.
  • Options

Iβ€˜m quite sure that it is already possible to own multiple shops/restaurants.

Yup, I've done it, and I don't use mods.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    Yeah, I don’t really see how this could be an entire expansion pack, nor do I feel like my sims will ever rent houses or own real estate, lol, but I’m excited to see what this entails! Idk why, but I feel like the build/buy is going to be very promising.
  • Options
    Yeah, I don’t really see how this could be an entire expansion pack, nor do I feel like my sims will ever rent houses or own real estate, lol, but I’m excited to see what this entails! Idk why, but I feel like the build/buy is going to be very promising.

I guess the CAS and BB will be worth checking out. If we get a new world, then that is fun.
  • Options
    EsiaEsia Posts: 67 Member
    The title sounds like a placeholder.
    I just hope we can build townhouses with this pack.
  • Options
    WrathSixxWrathSixx Posts: 33 Member
    Well I have good vibes about this! Hopefully it turns out to be more than just rental houses, but a new real estate career would be amazing.

Really looking forward to hearing more about this! Wonder when it'll be announced? Next week maybe?

• Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    If it doesn't include real estate, customizable apartment tool, multipurpose lots and townhouses then what is really the point of this being an EP? I am concerned until the trailer and more information of the EP are dropping. I feel like while it could be better off to save hotels for another pack, still it could make sense in this type of pack as part of the features, but still...I am worried this will disappoint a lot of Simmers, more than the other DLC Maxis has put out for Sims 4 in the recent years. But I do want to wait and see what kind of features this will have to make it worth 40 euros. I hope multipurpose lots and real estate are finally coming though! <3
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Interesting... I had a feeling the pack may go down a route with rentals. Will be good to see what they have come up with as the title doesn't sound all that awe inspiring, think I'd prefer Rental Living or Renting Together. :joy: