Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

POSSIBLE LEAK - The Next Sims 4 Expansion Pack

Comments

• Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »
    If this is real I hope it includes hotels and Bed and Breakfast as well. Rental houses as the theme for a whole EP seems a little shallow. Guess we shall see...

We already have Bed and Breakfast in base game though...rental lot type exists in the base game so do we need an entire EP for rental cottages? I hope it won't be as shallow as we are afraid it to be...omg lol :disappointed:
    (however, it is possible this is either a placeholder title, or it will include more than just residential rental houses, even community lots for business purposes = real estate?)
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    Well Horse Ranch already was shallow. We are getting now Game Packs for the price of an Expansion, i fear 😣
    I really hope the noodle dish and the elephant kettle from the roadmap trailer at least lead us to Thailand 😻

And this is not the final cover as it seems ^^
    Found this on tumblr, if the pic is real this house is two years old?
    62fc1141138a84292596dbd81c217dec42773ffa.pnj

Thanks for letting us know! That alleviates some of my concerns lol
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    Meh, this supposed leak just leaves me scratching my head. So, sims can rent a house to live in instead of an apartment? Yay, I guess?

As for hotels, I don't get the hype, honestly. I can't think of a feature that a hotel EP could include for me to get really excited about it. We already have rental vacation properties and whole walled-garden vacation worlds we don't even use most of the time because there's no option to live there too. Hotels just represent another opportunity for me to have a bunch of lots in my worlds that I don't use most of the time.

Actually, I can think of one thing that would make me excited: if a hotel EP means that we'd be getting a pre-release update that frees the vacation worlds and makes them residential, and we can put hotels there too if we want. Now that would be something.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Since it's rental properties. I got a feeling this expansion might introduce burglars as a new lot challenge. If our sims are playing the part of landlord. I can imagine our landlord sims being complained to about the crime by the tenants. I'm also hoping this expansion pack allows us to make our own apartments. I already have built apartments. It's just hard to get the different families to remain in their own homes and then you want them to be able to visit their neighbors too. So right now the sims who live in my apartment building, they socialize outside of their apartment homes.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I hope there will be an actual ability for a sim to rent a house like renting an apartment. And speaking of apartments, more apartments in the new pack please.
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    edited October 2023
    Apparently it's called The Sims 4 For Rent, just seen a post on X. Also looks like the reveal will be next Thursday 2nd November as that's when pre-order goes live.
  • Options
    Bren91Bren91 Posts: 299 Member
    Seems kind of like the sims 2 apartment life. Could be fun
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    It looks awesome! I just saw the leak, there's an animal sanctuary and a spirit house. You can build apartments, duplexes, or basement suites. And it mentions breaking and entering!
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    The updated description sounds like exactly what I've been hoping for in the game. Depending on the functions of residential rental lots, it could also provide a nice solution to the limited number of lots in the game. That residential street in Del Sol has 3 lots, but suddenly it could be the home to 6 families (or more?).

My biggest fear is that the lots won't treat separate homes on the lot as separate households, and that a residential lot will only be able to hold 8 sims maximum. I really hope that a residential rental can house 2+ families with their maximum sims, the same way apartments work currently.
  • Options
    chaccechacce Posts: 49 Member
    The updated description says we can build APARMENTS. OH MY GOD.

City Living, you're BONES! ☠️
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Here is a link for the speedbuild of the building in the thumbnail

https://youtu.be/yLBaYvfrP1Q?si=42Piw7K-dECOlHFY
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    If it includes multipurpose lots and multifamily lots, I'm in. I really miss my trailer park in the Sims 2.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Hmmm.
    Night market sounds interesting, maybe the speculation about an Asian inspired world is correct.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    If the leak from twitter is true, this may be the most psyched I've been for a Sims 4 release since werewolves were added...and I dare say, I might be more excited for this. Maybe it's my Sims 4 pessimism talking, but that sounds like a whole lot of features. A night market? Building apartments? Drama? Owning out places for sims to rent? And an animal sanctuary? It's almost too good to be true.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 134 Member
    edited October 2023
    God, how much longer will it take to have cars? This is getting unreal, 9 years and something BASIC and included in all the sims games is not here yet, instead we are about to have another apartments pack (and no hotels or resorts).
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    It looks awesome! I just saw the leak, there's an animal sanctuary and a spirit house. You can build apartments, duplexes, or basement suites. And it mentions breaking and entering!
    Holiday wrote: »
    Apparently it's called The Sims 4 For Rent, just seen a post on X. Also looks like the reveal will be next Thursday 2nd November as that's when pre-order goes live.

I just saw what y'all are talking about, I certainly hope this is true and not a doctored image but I love the description. It matches what I kind of thought it would be like but I didn't expect animals to be in this pack. I'm skeptical about that part.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    A comeback of the Sims 2 apartment system with the common grounds? Count me in! It would be nice if the landlord could set rules like pets allowed/not allowed, no open fire and so on.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    Okay, duplexes actually sound kind of cool. I just need to think of what sims I would want to put in one, lol.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    So the new world’s called Tomarang? It looks and sounds Asian-inspired from the pic and description.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    Holiday wrote: »

I’m glad that we only have to wait one more week! I was really thinking that it was going to be two.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    I so want to build apartments <3
    Please be true..
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Night market and botanical garden and animal sanctuary sound really interesting. Wonder what animal we'll get this time, could be monkeys or maybe even tigers. And from the picture it looks like there will be mail? Hope sims will be able to send and receive actual letters, not just bills.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    OMG yess the "leaked" information about the EP is exactly what I imagined this EP to be in my mind! Please be true oh gosh <3 haha
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Uhhhh. $40 for that? Seriously? Real estate?
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I really miss old Sims games were adding food was just the obvious thing to do and never really mentioned as a pack feature now in Sims 4 pack after pack it's used as a filler for a main game play feature because not much is there. Your Sims can now eat like never before at a potluck. :o

Where's my new neighborly group activity you know something I could not do since 2014 having Sims eat together. I see how 3 expansions this year were possible not much to them at all.

Multifamily lots are nice but now I have little hope in ever seeing multi lot community lots seeing as this is not a patch but the main feature of an expansion.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"