Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

POSSIBLE LEAK - The Next Sims 4 Expansion Pack

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited October 2023
    Would being able to build apartments and being able to rent them out be a way to create hotels?

I don’t know if it will be a way to create hotels, but if we are going to be able to make apartments, I can see another later pack being devoted to making hotels and resorts, as they do not seem all that different.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,693 Member
    Yay for the world name, Tomarang has the right schwung in my head! I like that we get something thailand-ish in this game.

I wonder if the Night market could be a river with a floating market like there is in RL? I really don't need more food in this game, but I can see the night market atmosphere could be a reason to visit, especially for tourists and honeymooners. And maybe locals can go there to sell their stuff?

The Spirit house seems to bring in some regional culture, I think it has a lot more to it that just a "spooky house with a ghost". I think in this region there is deep respect for passed ancestors, so maybe there will be a deeper mechanism than just cry/leave flower/food as a gift to deceased sim. In Mt. Komorebi there are graves that separate a bit from the regular graves in game. Maybe this takes it further.

The animal sanctuary I think of as a tourist attraction, but I really have no idea. I would prefer a zoo to have its own pack, because then we could get a wide specter of animals. The elephant would be cool though (just not sure how to make use of it in other worlds). Remember the elephant tea pot (teaser), was it a hint to the animal sanctuary?

The landlord concept seems intriguing, but I need more info. Playing on rotation, I fare it won't work well, so I might keep my imaginary rentals with side notes in a spreadsheet. I need to know if say a rental basement will hold 8 sims and be played separately, or if you need to play all sections on one lot at the same time. I also would like to know if we can now own multiple homes even if they are not up for rent. Aaaand, I do expect the landlord functionality to make it possible to build a hotel. What would the limit be regarding amount of sections/room on the lot? A hotel would work satisfyingly with just 4 rentable sections (I'd easily just imagine there were 4 more floors...). But again - if stopping by for just 2 days on my rotationally routine, might not even be long enough to bring in any money from renters?

Hoping we can set restrictions to rentable sections, like "singles only", "elders only" (for my retirement home), "no pets allowed" etc.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    I'm hoping the animal sanctuary won't be a rabbithole. Also it may include reptiles and birds something that a lot of simmers have been asking for.
    I’m hoping we will be able to buy birds and small reptiles like lizards and snakes as pets and that it ties into parenthood.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,879 Member
    It kinda feels like stuff that should have been in City Living. I feel ripped off by EA.
    I mean they seem to be splitting content that should come together (Horses for instance could have been included in either Cats and Dogs or Cottage Living) to milk more money from their customers.

That being said, I’m curious to know more about this EP.

Also : Give. Us. Cars. Already. Please, this is torture.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    How will this work with neighborhood stories?! My Sim rents out a one bedroom appartment, soon there will be a single Sim who multiplied into a family of eight. Shall I then rebuild the whole house so it can accomodate the extended family or should I evict the Sim?!
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,447 Member
    If we really get to build apartments, I am all for it. I enjoyed that part in sims 2 apartment life. It felt like a missed opportunity that this was never in sims 4 city living. I hope we can build apartments in any world.
    Dianesims wrote: »
    It kinda feels like stuff that should have been in City Living. I feel ripped off by EA.
    I mean they seem to be splitting content that should come together (Horses for instance could have been included in either Cats and Dogs or Cottage Living) to milk more money from their customers.

That being said, I’m curious to know more about this EP.

Also : Give. Us. Cars. Already. Please, this is torture.

Sims 4 seems to revisiting existing themes lately. The result is more in depth features, but split over more packs. Animals are spread over cats and dogs, my first pets and horse ranch. Family gameplay is spread over parenthood, kids room and growing together. Even small features like making drinks (juice fizzing and nectar) are revisited. I guess cities are next.

I am looking forward to a new city and new apartments but buying 2 packs for every theme will become expensive.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,945 Member
    Finally the forums are back up so I can say what I'm thinking.

This gives me Apartment Life vibes, just the biggest features being building apartments without cheats, being a landlord, and, well, apartments, though they already exist in The Sims 4 (with City Living and Eco Lifestyle).

If it is true, I really feel like they should explain how will this lot type work. For example, how to set up units, will it allow multiple households to live in there etc. I feel like I for example need these rules so I can start building these lots for this pack.

I need more info to be excited about it. Will it update City Living apartments? If multiple households can live on one lot, how much is the limit?

If the leak says that the release is on December the 7th/8th, then knowing the trend of the time between trailer and release (6 - 4 weeks on Thursdays), we'll see more info at around November the 9th if they want to keep us guessing or November the 2nd if they are generous enough.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    From what we've heard so far, the new world sounds great, so I'm cautiously optimistic about that.

I'm reserving judgment for now on whether it feels like "enough" to be an EP. FWIW, I was not in the camp that thought the Horse pack should have been a GP, even if there were a few additional elements I would have liked.

That being said, I suspect I will definitely use this for at least two things: (1) I have a lot that I downloaded from the gallery that is a rundown triplex; I added it to the middle neighborhood in DSV. The story I have envisioned for it for years is to have an old lady (once an aspiring actress, who still occasionally gets small roles, mainly in commercials) who owns the triplex, one renter who is a low-level criminal, and another household made up of a single dad and his kids. The old lady is not exactly a slumlord, but she's also not up to taking great care of the place. This will be perfect for that, although I see the dad as a mechanic, so I may still have to wait for cars to really get that household fully set up. (2) I really want some classic Painted Lady townhouses, in the style of Bella's Belles from TS2, for that skinny rectangular lot in San Sequioa, but I haven't found the right lot in the gallery yet. (All the ones I've seen that look good are too large for that lot.) Anyway, if I can ever find the right lot, that would be a great spot to have a resident landlord.

I also suspect Nancy Landgraab might enjoy some quick cash from slumlording...
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 558 Member
    The million simolean question for me is, if I have multiple households on the same lot, will I have to go through a loading screen to visit a different part of the lot? If I can just knock on the door to visit, and if all of the features listed are properly executed, this is going to be better than Sims 2 Apartment Life. Definitely an Expansion Pack concept. I do not see this as a retread of City Living. City Living apartments are just different lots like we have in suburban neighbors, but closer together and with some extra neighbor interactions. Not much difference between visiting a neighbor in the apartment next door and visiting your neighbor in Willow Creek.

Also being able to convert any house into a rental will provide more options for families just starting out.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Been waiting for forums to go back up. Something just occurred to me. Two things, myb more. Kinda big.
    We might be getting elevators 🛗 ones we the player has control over. If we can build apartments, how do you get to the other floors? How high can they go? Surely you're not expecting us to make our sims walk up 10 flights every time?
    More importantly if we get elevators we might get more sizes. Rn there's city living ones but we don't have those really. You'd have to get mods. That's a whole thing. But imagine a nice smaller one for inside your house? Your mansion?
    Leading me to my other thought, ACCESSIBILITY ♿️!!!!! Okay, normally I might think I'm being a bit too hopeful. But if I can build an apartment, I can make it ADA . Elevator in the house, surely you can have the slimmer profile one that helps you get around in your wheelchair or using other mobility aides.
    The disabled community has been begging for more representation for years. And though it's been slow going, we've been getting more examples of various health conditions and the like in game. We just got horses, bikes sort of work. Idk I think they could swing a wheelchair or two ♿️, a rollator, and some nice canes.

They wouldn't even have to be in this pack, but as an update patch b4 it. This could go so well. They would just need to include ADA options with the other build/buy stuff in the EP. And have some other options be free with the update. Like have the push handicap buttons for free, but the ones where you just wave your hand in front without touching in the EP.

Grab bars, bed stools, other low effort accommodation stuff for free. But like the stuff to make it a really nice apartment or house could be in the pack. Certain stoves could be labeled as accessible. The washing machines are already front load.

Myb I'm too excited. But as soon as it occurred to me that giving us the ability to make apartments >elevators, my 1st thought was ADA apartments.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited October 2023
    O.m.g. I had told myself if a rental style pack comes out I wouldn't really be interested because I never use rental lots in the first place, especially since I rotate a lot.
    However,reading this description sounds like an insta-buy for me😱😱 to be able to have multiple families living on lot would be a dream come true! I don't know how exactly this would work but I've wanted multiple families to live together for years like apartments. And with this we could build our own apartments!😱😱
    Never thought about being a landlord but now I'm thinking it would be quite interesting. And I could tortur- uhhh care for my tenets (I think they are called😅😅)

Breaking and entering sounds like burgelersssss😱
    I hope there are consequences. And I would love to totally spy, snoop and mess with my neighbors all day 😅. It's kind of like a mini open world.
    The animal sanctuary has my attention 👀 no such thing as too many animals.
    I'm curious to know if it's like the goats we have. And I can't stop thinking about the possibilities of MONKEYS😳 my favorite animal in the world.
    Or if it's more like a lot type where you can go see wild animals. Hmmmm...

The world definitely seems south east Asian based on what we know and the hints from the summit too!! That's super exciting 🤭🤭🤭🤭
    I really can't wait to find out more! Even when I think I'm going to be "no so excited" about something the sims manage to excite me anyway 🤭🤭🤭
    Post edited by Babykittyjade on
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I definitely would be able to use this pack a lot! I have already built duplexes and apartments. The only problem is the sims from each apartment treat the whole house like their own! It's fine for me, as I usually put people in the apartments to meet others and connect, but of course you can only have 8 sims on the lot so they are typically 1-2 bedrooms. I have duplexes with 3 bedrooms each apartment but then each couple can only have 2 children and no pets. I won't mind if the apartments have a loading screen like in San Myshuno. That way I will be able to play each family and their families can grow up together. I will definitely enjoy it!
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I am very curious about this pack!

I bought Coral Island a long time ago, looking forward to playing in an asian world in the Sims.

Curious about the animals. I enjoy playing in apartments. This could be fun.

Will wait for a patch or two after the expansion comes however. Want to see what the forum says concerning bugs and so forth before going online.
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    Almost every single world in my template save has at least one multi-household situation: lots with apartments, triplexes, duplexes, etc. Mixed use buildings, boarding houses, hostels...I'm just so excited to be able to play them for real. Very curious as to how much will have to be updated for each lot. It's going to be a big undertaking to update everything! If it's anything like Sims 2 (one of my VERY favorite expansion packs ever, right up there with Freetime), you had to be really specific about fencing, doors, etc. Which is fine, but yeah! My work is cut out for me.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 714 Member
    edited October 2023
    Would being able to build apartments and being able to rent them out be a way to create hotels?

Maybe with mods but I don't think they'd want to miss the chance of making Hotels their own Expansion Pack like Cats & Dogs // Cottage Living // Horses.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    O....M....G....!!

Rowhouses, apartments, and trailer parks. Oh my! :smiley:

Is it true? Is it really true? Am I going to be able to play the role of a nasty crabby old lady slumlord who owns and manages a trashy trailer park? :o

**inhales deeply**

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

2fvvzCj.gif

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    SimmingBee90SimmingBee90 Posts: 24 Member
    plumboy23 wrote: »
    God, how much longer will it take to have cars? This is getting unreal, 9 years and something BASIC and included in all the sims games is not here yet, instead we are about to have another apartments pack (and no hotels or resorts).

I feel like cars add far less than this does. But of course, depends on your personal wish list. We havent had multiple family housing yet in the game. And Sims can now rent out portions of their house. Pretty cool for me. Cars would just be visual.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited October 2023
    - "discovery an animal sanctuary" Willing to bet simoleans that it's going to be a rabbit hole. :# Just being realistic since It's not the main focus of the pack.
    - The way "breaking and entering" is described leaves me suspicious. I won't get my hopes up for burglars but I will be celebrating if it's confirmed.

Looking forward to more info once something is officially announced. :)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 134 Member
    Well, maybe spiral stairs and burglars are part of this, please let it be.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,191 Member
    O....M....G....!!

Rowhouses, apartments, and trailer parks. Oh my! :smiley:

Is it true? Is it really true? Am I going to be able to play the role of a nasty crabby old lady slumlord who owns and manages a trashy trailer park? :o

**inhales deeply**

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

2fvvzCj.gif

LOL I'm hoping we can put in a basement suite for those kids that just won't move out on their own.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    plumboy23 wrote: »
    God, how much longer will it take to have cars? This is getting unreal, 9 years and something BASIC and included in all the sims games is not here yet, instead we are about to have another apartments pack (and no hotels or resorts).

I feel like cars add far less than this does. But of course, depends on your personal wish list. We havent had multiple family housing yet in the game. And Sims can now rent out portions of their house. Pretty cool for me. Cars would just be visual.

I think cars would be great too, There a lot of things cars could bring to the game too.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,879 Member
    edited October 2023
    Well that’s the thing. I know it’s a leak but, it only speaks about « rental residentials ».

So unless they add multi-purposes lots to the basegame, we’ll have to pay for another expansion for it.
    telemwill wrote: »
    If it includes multipurpose lots and multifamily lots, I'm in. I really miss my trailer park in the Sims 2.

I'm hoping we'll have multi-purpose lots,too! Multi-purpose community lots would open up a lot more gameplay for everyone. I'm also hoping the new world will be inspired by Thailand,Tibet or India.

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,425 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Well that’s the thing. I know it’s a leak but, it only speaks about « rental residentials ».

So unless they add multi-purposes lots to the basegame, we’ll have to pay for another expansion for it.
    telemwill wrote: »
    If it includes multipurpose lots and multifamily lots, I'm in. I really miss my trailer park in the Sims 2.

I'm hoping we'll have multi-purpose lots,too! Multi-purpose community lots would open up a lot more gameplay for everyone. I'm also hoping the new world will be inspired by Thailand,Tibet or India.

I wonder if it's not possible to rent out lot space for commercial/community activities because of how lots function and lot requirements for community lots? If it will be possible to freely use amenities outside the designated apartment space, we could probably set up things like bars and bowling alleys maybe.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 519 Member
    AlanSims wrote: »

Maybe with mods but I don't think they'd want to miss the chance of making Hotels their own Expansion Pack like Cats & Dogs // Cottage Living // Horses.

Yeah, I guess that's true.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,664 Member
    After finding out there can only be up to two families on a multipurpose lot, I really wish they would free up the possibility to for commercial use of the lot as well. Even on a 30x20, I can make two households and a commercial store or cafe on the ground.
    I also wish it would allow bed and breakfast, but it doesn’t seem to be described that way. Hotels and B&B with this expansion would be great.

@Simmerville
    Yes I found this on the internet about Spirit Houses in Thailand
    https://theculturetrip.com/asia/thailand/articles/how-to-set-up-a-spirit-house-in-thailand#:~:text=What is a spirit house,them from any wayward spirits.

Animal Sanctuaries vary a lot in Thailand. Some are more like zoos with cages and electric fences, and others are a lot more free, like a safari. I much rather prefer a Safari type setting where you are completely immerse in nature and it’s not exploitive to the animals.

@Amapola76 I have a townhouse row of houses on that lot in San Sequoia on the gallery. I can message you the information when I am in game, if you are interested.