Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

POSSIBLE LEAK - The Next Sims 4 Expansion Pack

Comments

• Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    Would being able to build apartments and being able to rent them out be a way to create hotels?
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    OMG! Super excited for this pack! I have been wanting the ability to make my own functional apartments without having to use the "room mate" system in like, forever!

If the pack is as good as it sounds, then it will rejuvenate my interest in TS4! I haven't even opened my game, updated, or bought new packs for probably 6 months.

But, now I'm concerned if these new features will be limited to that world only. I'm hoping we can build them in any world!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Would being able to build apartments and being able to rent them out be a way to create hotels?

Not really, an apartment building might look similar to a hotel, but they function differently.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Huh, I wonder what this thr...

Jko5zj6.gif
    🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Lmao
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited October 2023
    Being able to build apartments is a real game changer for me, so yes now I am pretty excited for this pack.

Loading screens between neighbors: be gone!
    I recently build an apartment building and I kinda managed to fake it by having roommates taking up the other floors/apartments, but the system is quite buggy and even if I lock the doors, they still come into my houses every now and then.

I hope this will solve that and maybe i'll be able to convert that building into real working apartments without all the issues.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Ugh I feel so sorry for Marketing everytime this stuff leaks. But at least tons of players won't actually see the leaked stuff. But also OMG I COULD FINALLY BUILD MY REAL HOME??? An actual triplex/row house?!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Being able to build apartments is a real game changer for me, so yes now I am pretty excited for this pack.

I recently build an apartment building and I kinda managed to fake it by having roommates taking up the other floors/apartments, but the system is quite buggy and even if I lock the doors, they still come into my houses every now and then.

I hope this will solve that and maybe i'll be able to convert that building into real working apartments without all the issues.

We still have loading screens between the game's apartments in San Myshuno, so I would expect a residentail rental to work the same way.

If we do lose the screens, I hope that doesn't limit the number of overall sims. I have a family of 7 sims who I'd love to move out of San Myshuno without having to downsize the family.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I'm hoping that we don't have to do the management stuff if we don't want to. I want to be able to build and have my Sims live in duplexes and apartments without having to own them. I also want to be able to have the families I want move in, so I can create my own neighborhood stories.
  • Options
    ValravnWitchValravnWitch Posts: 91 Member
    Animal Sanctuary?
    Is that a fancy pc word for Zoo? If so....Id loove it!!!!

Night market also sounds cool, cant help but think of the midnight market in stardew.

The main feature "renting" ...meh...
    dont see myself using that much.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    If this video is even close to accurate, it could be good. I really, really hope they're QA'ing the heck out of it...
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    https://youtu.be/G3uOMGGTyK0?si=sewp9uz7VNvukFa0

If this is true, it should be a pack that I can use.
    A lot of made over University dormies have been added to my group of sims.
    It would be nice to have more apartment options and be able to put them in other worlds.
    That is if the pack allows you to build them in other worlds.
    10-10-21_9-05-23_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Description sounds like best EP since TS3 Island Living.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »

We still have loading screens between the game's apartments in San Myshuno, so I would expect a residentail rental to work the same way.

If we do lose the screens, I hope that doesn't limit the number of overall sims. I have a family of 7 sims who I'd love to move out of San Myshuno without having to downsize the family.

True, and to be fair we don't know yet how it will work, but I think it's a complete different system.
    I think there will be -some- limitation, but I think the way they will set it up is that they function more like The Sims 2 Apartments.

We don't know for sure yet, so it remains to be seen though, but if it is really the case, I will be very happy.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,858 Member
    Being able to freely build apartments anywhere is a dream come true. I've wanted that from day one. I hope it comes with the ability to modify the exterior walls and entry doors on the apartments from City Living and Eco Lifestyle.🤞
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Couldn't this have just been a City Living refresh? You can rent apartments in that already.
  • Options
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Couldn't this have just been a City Living refresh? You can rent apartments in that already.

If it brings a new world and lots to build on, I wouldn’t mind
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »

If it brings a new world and lots to build on, I wouldn’t mind

I have toyed with trying some of the real estate mods that are around already. In my current story, my sim self has bought the house next door to him and plans to let it out to one of his newly married children. If this is involved the next EP makes this story a reality.
  • Options
    The only thing that is weird is says release date Dec 8 a Friday. They release EP’s on a Thursday always. If it’s accurate they usually announce packs with around ~30 days before launch, so next week Tuesday could be announced🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    HaymitzHaymitz Posts: 27 Member
    I can't imagine how it will be big enough for an expansion pack 😒
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    It's not a very exciting theme for me. Still, I'm going to get it, because I appreciate the idea and can use it. For once I'm more interested in the world and CAS, since those sims and that background look crisp.

The Spirit House sounds cool, but it's probably just a lot or overworld place with some ghost NPCs that don't do anything. Or worse, a rabbit hole where your only reward for participating is one of three moodlets. The botanical garden is interesting, but I hope it's part of the world and not a lot, because I doubt it'd be much more to it than a pretty location with a WooHoo bush in the corner.

The animal sanctuary has my interest. I hope the animals have some interactivity to them, like they move around and can be fed. And that they're in debug. Even better if they have friendship bars. Forget some stupid sanctuary, I'm going to do everything in my power to have my sim bring a tiger home and keep it as a pet. I'll run a sancutary out of their home.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    will wait and see waiting for more info
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    The only thing that is weird is says release date Dec 8 a Friday. They release EP’s on a Thursday always. If it’s accurate they usually announce packs with around ~30 days before launch, so next week Tuesday could be announced🤷‍♂️

The leaked text description of the pre-order bonuses says they will be available "in-game on launch day, December 7". I think the 8th is a typo.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Yeah we can finally make apartments and maybe town houses.