Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

Comments

• Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Other
    I'm hoping there will be some really great custom content made for Life By You and Paralives! And i'm hoping there will be a lot of gameplay in those 2 games as well!
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    Do they already have different hand types in the game? On the wedding ring photo the ring finger looks so short that would forever annoy me but on the wedding photo the ring finger and the index finger are the same size as I prefer.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    I am 100% getting paralives when it comes out. I check back regularly for updates on it because I think it looks beautiful.

The fact it is taking so long doesn't put me off and I actually have more trust in the quality of this than I do Project Rene. The smaller team behind Paralives will have much more to prove to their customers and fans than EA and Maxis will. I love the teams transparency with the work they are doing, bugs and all.
    As much as I do enjoy Sims 4 I can't say I particularly like the fact that bugs go unfixed and content is not always up to scratch. You would expect more from a more experienced company.
    Also, I was so shocked at the reveal of Project Rene and how similar it looked to Paralives that I am really not interested in giving EA my money for someone elses work.
    Paralives all the way for me.
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    pvrescue1pvrescue1 Posts: 61 Member
    Also, I was so shocked at the reveal of Project Rene and how similar it looked to Paralives that I am really not interested in giving EA my money for someone elses work.

Paralives isn't exactly 100% original either. It incorporates a lot of features that were present in Sims 3 (but not in 4), like color wheels for absolutely everything.

Also, the vertical BB catalog seems to be a lot more intuitive than the horizontal catalog of 4. It makes sense that both Paralives and Rene would adopt it. Competition is healthy and needed!
  • Options
    Whoever doing these animations did a group job love the facial expression before he drops down it's all so good.
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,400 Member
    edited August 2023
    I plan to buy both.
    So far, Paralives has the best animations of the three Rene/LBY/PL
    Post edited by simmerorigin on
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    Other
    I will try Paralives, I like the style of the characters.

And for a small studio, they are doing a very good job so they deserve our support more than the million dollar companies.

• Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,400 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    862525imyz98.png

Based on trends, they're doing fine. While monthly revenue has dropped from 41k to about 36k, the number of patrons has increased. This is likely due to patrons switching from high-tier levels of support to lower ones. I am a part of this group as well.

I don't see LBY or Project Rene impacting the development of Paralives.

He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    862525imyz98.png

Based on trends, they're doing fine. While monthly revenue has dropped from 41k to about 36k, the number of patrons has increased. This is likely due to patrons switching from high-tier levels of support to lower ones. I am a part of this group as well.

This makes sense a lot of their costly tiers only required you subscribe for 3 months to get their bonus added to the game like naming items not much of an incentive to continue longer unless you have money laying around and you really want to support once that 3 months is up you can drop to $20 and still receive the same thing.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    Other
    It depends. I most likely will get paralives if I don’t have to pay a monthly fee. The same goes with sims 5. If I have to pay a monthly fee for 5, it will really have to be good. I dropped sims 3 after buying the base game because of the rabbit holes and crashes. Sims 4 doesn’t crash, but the lots are so few, and so little comes in the DLC packs. It depends how good Paralives and life by you are and if there are monthly payments for them as to which of the 3 I will be getting. I might get them all, I might get none.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Have come to the point where if Rene/TS5 is by EA it's off my list. The train of enthusiasm done been and gone. Both Paralives and LBY have their drawing points and their issues. The winner, for me, will be which resolves the issues the best. Assuming they do. Not to be an art critic, but the lines in the bride illustrations just look weird. Contour variations should be shown by shading variations, not lines.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Other
    86252510.png

Maybe I'm totally wrong but I read these graphs like this

Project Rene possible consequence : 40k -> 38k in 9 months
    Life By You possible consequence : 38k -> 36k in only 3 months

Note :

The 36k -> 40k milestone allowed the team to hire somebody else so this loss could almost lay off 1 member of the team.

patreo10.png
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Other
    The articles about Life By You had probably a positive effect if they also talked about Paralives, more people have discovered this project.

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Other
    the number of patrons has increased.

People can join for free now.
    The total increased but several paid members left.

8,034 paid members (Graph 1) in July 2022.
    8,502 paid members (Graph 2) on August 20, 2022.

7,666 paid members on August 21st, 2023.

sims_061.jpg
  • Options
    Diamondback7TCDiamondback7TC Posts: 20 Member
    No, I'm going to stay with Maxis and wait to buy TS5 or whatever their new AAA game will be
    I prefer Sims 5 over the competitors, because Sims 5 looks way better in features and gameplay, and it will obviously be better because they know what they're doing. The competitors are newbies who don't know what they're doing.
  • Options
    I prefer Sims 5 over the competitors, because Sims 5 looks way better in features and gameplay, and it will obviously be better because they know what they're doing. The competitors are newbies who don't know what they're doing.
    Rod Humble who is leading Life by You is far from a newbie he's the exact opposite of that, that man is a legend. Now Paralives might be a team of newbies but it's a passion project and from the look of it a lot of thought and care is being put into every feature don't count them out just yet.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Other

We don't know for a fact that Sims 5 will "be better" than Paralives or Life By You...for all we know,Sims 5 could be just a 5-lot town with 3 houses,a bar and a library in the base game since EA wants to make Sims 5 compatible with smart phones. We can't go around stating our opinions as facts unless we have proof that one company will be better than others. It's just not right to accuse the teams of Paralives or Life By You "newbies who don't know what they're doing" just because you like the Sims games.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Other
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Rod Humble who is leading Life by You is far from a newbie he's the exact opposite of that, that man is a legend. Now Paralives might be a team of newbies but it's a passion project and from the look of it a lot of thought and care is being put into every feature don't count them out just yet.

Yeah Rod Humble knows how to make money, he created TS2 Store beta and TS3 Store when he became VP/GM of The Sims Studio/EA Play.
    He also was CEO of Linden Lab (Second Life).

Paralives project isn't about making profits yet, they try to do a new game which isn't a TS3/Second Life clone.

• Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    Nice to see some form of gameplay from Paralives!
  • Options
    brizgalbrizgal Posts: 147 Member
    I am so excited about the possibilities that these two new games bring as well as the long-overdue competition in this area of gameplay.
  • Options
    brizgalbrizgal Posts: 147 Member
    Rod Humble being involved guarantees I will be trying that game, even if I wasn’t excited by the previews being released. As for Indie games, the passion and drive required to complete a project of that size and depth is incredible.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member

@simgirl1010 Whoa, English text embedded in the images? That's going to make a huge workload for them customizing for different countries

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top