Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA App Required Now?

Comments

• Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Tonight the EA App is telling me I don’t have an account. 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️.

I am going to try and disable auto updating and see if this helps.

When will I ever get to play Sims again? I miss the gameplay of 3 and the build tools of 4. 😭.

It’s been about two months since I was last able to play. 😭
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    Wait, so if I start the game offline to avoid updating, my game could just start updating on me while I'm playing it? :s

That would literally break my mods right as I'm in the middle of using them...

No, that won't happen, I usually play offilne due to the lag I get everytime I have the EA app connected online, and never did that to me. That weird pop-up was when I tried to run it totally disconnected from internet, and even then didn't stop me from playing.

Now, the crash I get on the EA App after +3 hours in offline mode is more severe, because the next time you run the game you have, by force, to enter your user and password to get in, basically renders offline mode useless. So that's why I don't recommend the offline mode, at least for the moment.

Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,860 Member
    I haven't seen anything yet that suggests that the EA app has come to Macs but my Origin is acting weird all of a sudden. Two weeks ago we had a terrible line of storms go through that knocked out our power for a few hours. Ever since the power came back on I can no longer stay signed in and the message that 'Origin for Mac' is our home is gone too. Now I have to log in every time I restart my game and if I try to check the box to stay logged like I had before it clears my information and I have to type it all in again so it doesn't allow me to stay signed in. Checking that box before I type in my user name and password doesn't work either. Not having to switch to this buggy app has been one of the many benefits to being a Mac gamer but now I'm beginning to wonder if the party is finally over and this is the last step before we get told we have to switch too.

I hope not because given what I've seen I'm in no hurry to switch. Given the myriad problems with the EA app for PCs, I hope that EA never switches to it for Macs, for TS4, Rene, or TSwhatever. If things are this bad for the most used platform in computer gaming you can only imagine what it will be like for the least used one.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,236 Member
    edited July 2023
    I haven't seen anything yet that suggests that the EA app has come to Macs but my Origin is acting weird all of a sudden.

It's possible by trying to take down Origin for PC, EA may have damaged Origin for Mac.

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,860 Member
    edited July 2023
    I haven't seen anything yet that suggests that the EA app has come to Macs but my Origin is acting weird all of a sudden.

It's possible by trying to take down Origin for PC, EA may have damaged Origin for Mac.

I had my computer on but I wasn't in the game when the power went out. Before that power outage I hadn't needed to login to Origin since 2020 when I bought this computer. I think I'm stuck with this situation until the next Origin update which could be months away. Since EA launched their app we've only had one, maybe two, updates to Origin. At some point we're going to be forced over like PC users were. My biggest worry aside from the bugginess is whether or not the EA app will require Mac simmers to have Apple's proprietary processor. My Mac has an Intel processor and I've run into newer software like 'Dreamlight Valley' that can't even be loaded on Intel powered Macs.

So far I've gotten no information on whether or not any future Sims or EA titles will run on my machine or if I need to trade this one in for one of the Apple chipset machines. So far all I've been told is more information will be available later. All I want to know is very simple, is the EA development team working on making software for Intel and Apple processors both, or are they going entirely with Apple processors only like some developers? That's it. That's all we need to know at this point. Mac gamers on older machines need to know now so we can start planning accordingly. Older Macs used Intel and AMD processors, the Apple made M1 processors only came into existence in 2020 or thereabouts, so lots of simmers will be affected by whatever EA decides to do development-wise. It can take months to get a new custom specced machine like the one I'm on now. Another plus to Mac ownership is we can go through Apple and trade in our machines to help defray some of the cost of a new one but we're still talking time here. I can go to a big box store and get a bottom end Mac that barely meets minimum specs in minutes but a high end custom like I want that can run the game with all settings maxed out takes time to build and isn't available in most stores, not even Apple stores.

• Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Wait, so if I start the game offline to avoid updating, my game could just start updating on me while I'm playing it? :s

That would literally break my mods right as I'm in the middle of using them...

No, that won't happen, I usually play offilne due to the lag I get everytime I have the EA app connected online, and never did that to me. That weird pop-up was when I tried to run it totally disconnected from internet, and even then didn't stop me from playing.

Now, the crash I get on the EA App after +3 hours in offline mode is more severe, because the next time you run the game you have, by force, to enter your user and password to get in, basically renders offline mode useless. So that's why I don't recommend the offline mode, at least for the moment.

Ok! Thank you for the clarification, I misunderstood
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,403 Member
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    How to update the game with EA App ???

EDIT :
    Solved. Epic Games launcher must be opened before EA App
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Tonight the EA app is telling me it can't connect to the server and that a reload should help. But it doesn't. Is there an issue with the servers? I also haven't been able to sign in to the AHQ in two days, it also says it can't connect. What gives?
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,661 Member
    Tonight the EA app is telling me it can't connect to the server and that a reload should help. But it doesn't. Is there an issue with the servers? I also haven't been able to sign in to the AHQ in two days, it also says it can't connect. What gives?

Yes, I've got that happening right now.
    I just looked at EA outages, and the graph shows loads of reports.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options

Here's what I found.

gfrlZA8.jpg
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Ooh, that's pretty weird!
    I just tried again, and it was still the same. I hit the three lines at top left, the menu came up. I hit go offline, the same screen was saying can't connect to servers, but I still hit the play sims 4 arrow anyway to see what would happen, and my game started!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    edited July 2023
    Hello,

I have recently returned back to playing the Sims and while all of this time I was using Origin, I have now installed the EA app as I thought it would be for the better.
    Needless to say, I have regretted this decision.
    Very often when I try to log in, it gives me errors which are only resolved if you restart the application. I do not understand how this app can be so problematic.
    Is there a way to go back to Origin? It was so much better.
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,676 Member
    If on PC I don't think you had a choice, app is the only way.

But - in Windows (2nd screen where all apps are listed) you can repair the app (seems to be named "recovery"). I did this whenever having login problems, it normally fixed it, maybe helped by a reboot.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,403 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    Here's what I found.

gfrlZA8.jpg

I love down detector! An accurate and useful resource in general.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Is the EA App back to allowing us to run Sims 4 in offline mode without having to update again yet?

Launching game offline using that hard to see button in upper left corner can still be problematic.

The app routinely has issues launching or staying active once it does. Lots of crashes.

My primary, stops at DU, installation got trashed yesterday by an update I didn't know existed. Had just gotten back from school overseas where the internet was spotty and had more important things on mind than Sims. Lots of repair work ahead, if it's worth the time & effort.

Am highly displeased with EA and its deplorable app that's not worth the powder and shot to blast it to bits.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,885 Member
  • Options
    AlyssaBrosiBAlyssaBrosiB Posts: 17 Member
    edited July 2023
    i really hope ur working too get this fixed i know alot of people who want this fixed asap but no rush ive emailed ea more than once they said i just gotta be patient hope fully we can play it soon but my high school yhears has the same problrm
  • Options
    edited July 2023
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I hate this app so much. I've been playing in offline mode and it keeps crashing forcing me to sign back in.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,885 Member
    Are there issues with the purchases from Steam and Epic Games ?

I've seen Steam players having an issue with missing text.

• Options
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    I hate this app so much. I've been playing in offline mode and it keeps crashing forcing me to sign back in.

Is that if you've been logged in for a good few hours?
    I was having that problem a few months ago, and don't have it anymore. I wondered if it was happening if I played for more than a couple of hours - which still shouldn't happen.
    I haven't been logged out by the App since.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    What seems to be finally working for me with the EA App was using compatibility manager and selecting run as Windows 8.

I still have to log in and okay online for a bit. I still can’t stay offline but I’m glad it’s working and I can get back to my Sims! 😊
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top