The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA App Required Now?

Comments

• EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 6,784 EA Community Manager
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    I am unable to start the EA App and therefore can not start my game. I tried going to Help Services to see if anyone else had reported it, but the Help Services in borked! Is anyone else having any problems with the EA App this morning?

I'm not aware of any issues at the moment, if this is still happening now please head over to AHQ so we can take a look.

Sorry about posting in the wrong section but I couldn't get to the Help to report it, so I posted it in Discussion. I came back to say that I called my cable company and was told there was a problem with the internet connection and that they were working on it. Sorry for all the confusion.

No worries at all! Glad you were able to get to the bottom of it :)
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited December 2023
    I was playing The Sims 4 today after installing today’s patch and after playing, I saved and exited the game like normal. After doing that, I tried to log out of the EA App, but am getting the error:

‘Close your game, first

You must close your current game session before exiting the app’

Since I had already exited the game, I tried to restart the game so I could exit it again, but was unable to. I’ve tried closing the EA app several times and keep getting the same error. I’ve already cleared the EA app cache, but am still unable to either log out of the EA app or restart The Sims 4 just so I can exit it again. There were no issues when I last played a couple of days ago before today’s patch.

I’ve already submitted an error report through the app, but don’t know what I’m supposed to do now so I can close everything and log out of my computer. Has anyone else had the same issue?
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,106 Member
    I haven’t updated yet, so I’m not experiencing this myself. Have you tried closing it with task manager? Or maybe just restart or shut down your computer? It will probably just ask if you’re sure since you have a program open, but I’ve never had a problem exiting that way when things glitch on me like that.
  • mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 164 Member
    edited December 2023
    I didn't update my game and I had a similar issue yesterday, even before the patch came out. I couldn't close the app, so I did it with the Task Manager.
    Post edited by mrs_starkey on
  • Jordan1975Jordan1975 Posts: 21 Member
    I'm having a different issue with the app, I didn't update my game, and in the last 2 days the app has crashed 4 times. During this I couldn't see my saved sims or houses in my library. I don't use the ones that other's create as it bogs down my game if I'm connected for online. This is only through the game options though. I'm offline through the app.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,294 Member
    Offline mode is useless if the app refuses to start without internet connection. The whole idea of offline is to allow the player to play their game at times when they do not have internet. At the moment that works unreliably. I was able to start EA app offline for days, but today it refused to load before I activated my wifi (why would I do that if I don't need it?).

On a sidenote, could the app please be a bit less cheeky? When I allowed it internet acces again it said "Sieh mal einer an, wer wieder online ist" - in english something like "lookie who's online again". That sounds like gloating at worst (Lol, I made the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 human do my bidding, after all) and trying to cover up a mistake with humour at best (aka unprofessional).

I'm sorry, but I'm fuming here rn and the actual words I'm thinking would get me a nice row of emojjis from the censor.
  • RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    edited December 2023
    Hey I just want to say that I really like the fact that EA App doesn't directly launch into offline mode when it detects server problems, so that I can like go out and smell the nature and get fresh air and stuff every once in a while.
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,153 Member
    Before I send off a bug report is anyone else having a problem with ea app not letting you log on? I was mid game when the app quit. Now I get a network error. When it came up once my games were gone.

"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    It’s down
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited December 2023
    Yes I am. It's been going on for a while now. Can't connect to the servers at all. :|

The error msg I get.

Login failed
    We couldn't log you in because the network failed to do its network thing. Try again in a few minutes.
    Error code: EC:10005
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited December 2023
    The down detector shows a giant spike in problems with the ea app network. So yep, seems it's down.
    I was just about to buy the new For Rent pack when the app froze and when I restarted the app refuses to connect. I feel so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 right now.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
    Thanks all for responding. I'm not happy about it but glad its not just me. :-)

"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 441 Member
    There seems to be a problem....
    OCvll0Rl.png
    Cheers
    C.
    Social Media: 🐘@[email protected] | 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | All my Sims link
  • SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    Here my Mom and I were thinking it was something like a Launcher Update that we missed somehow. In the Launcher menu... the main Sims 4 game is not appearing so that we can launch the game. Instead, it has 2 games to download: The Sims 4 and some EPIC game. It's good to know the problem is outside of our home scope.
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,107 Member
    I'm a little late but it's working for me. Maybe it just started working again?
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I just tried again. Nope still not working.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    It is not working for me either, in fact it shows my game library as being empty.
  • Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member
    Not working for me, either. Though I was mildly amused by what it said about "failing to do it's network thing" *LOL*
    edited December 2023
    It is not working for me either, in fact it shows my game library as being empty.

Mine wouldn't log in but I did get in once and that is the first thing I noticed was my empty library. :/
    I am actually going out this evening so I sure hope its back up when I come home. And I hope I didn't lose anything.

ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • shadyladynzshadyladynz Posts: 68 Member
    nada here as well... bah humbug!
    0rqatopx73kc_zpsa779gqg6.jpg?t=1509333538
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,298 Member
    edited December 2023
    I couldn't connect at first. Then, I was able to login, but now it is extremely slow. There's definitely something going on.

Edit: tried logging in again and received a message that said "Can't connect to network"
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    Logged in, finally. However, my Library is only partially there. If I reload then it's empty. :/
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited December 2023
    I’m not complaining but trying to get help! 😭

This last week has very difficult in getting the updates for the game. The current patch will sort the bizarre rents. All my landlords rent intake is -$1.

I cannot get the latest patch. I started at 7am this morning again and by 8.40am, still not able to get on. I cannot update as it freezes.

The EA App is not showing in my Control Panel anymore so I cannot uninstall anymore. I can get to repair via right clicking the app button but this force a reboot as if I’m uninstalling. It does not repair but freezes.

I’ve set up a tracker and I’ve got more hours logged trying to fix the launcher than play the actual game. Is there a way to transmit this data? It may help highlight what’s going wrong, the EA App needs fixing.
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • JosiCatJosiCat Posts: 1 New Member
    hey everyone!,
    i guess im late to the party but ive been wanting to finally play the sims 2. Quite a few years ago ea gave out the Sims 2 Ultimate collection out for free. which i claimed but when i tried playing it back then on my rickety laptop it didnt work as my laptop was not up to par so ive been letting the game sit in my library. Now a while ago the forced switch from origin to the EA app happened. now that i actually want to play the sims 2 again its nowhere to be found in the EA app. i can still see it in my friends library so it must exist in some corner of the app but i have no way of reaching it. I dont know if it has to do with me having moved continents since and ive had a bit of problems with my account when i migrated it over, continent wise and from origin to ea. I have been able to play sims 4 without other issues so it was good enough for me but now that im looking into the sims 2 UC thing it seems a bit farther reaching than i realized... do i just never get to play sims 2 anymore even though i purposely got it when i had the chance? :(
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,272 Member
    @JosiCat Are you logged in with the correct account you got the Sims 2 UC? The Sims 2 UC is showing in my EA app library.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top