March 31st- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

January Patch Speculation 2023 (Jan 31st Patch Out Now)

Comments

  • Bren91Bren91 Posts: 233 Member
    I’m shocked they haven’t even said anything or hinted at anything. They are way over due they have been quite since thanksgiving
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 171 Member
    Wow I’m so excited about the infant update coming soon
  • JokubasJokubas Posts: 95 Member
    Bren91 wrote: »
    I’m shocked they haven’t even said anything or hinted at anything. They are way over due they have been quite since thanksgiving
    Yeah. I'm in no real hurry, but it's still super weird.

    We had this big announcement that was like "Sims 5 is coming eventually! Sims 4 will still be supported for the foreseeable future!" and then radio silence. I guess maybe that announcement was to explain why there would be radio silence, but when you hear Sims 4 will still be supported you expect to at least hear something's coming, even if you don't know what it is yet.

    I'm sure that will change now that we're on the other end of the holidays, but it's still been weird.
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,585 Member
    I suppose there is a possibility of a roadmap Thursday yet, but I don't think we'll get any actual updates until the 10th at least (I typed the 9th mistakenly last time. :joy:)

    I hope we can at least get the roadmap this week. And also hopefully we get the update next week like you said.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,585 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    I'm personally not expecting any information on infants or upcoming Eps until maybe January 9th at the earliest. According to my phone's calendar January 2nd is being treated as a holiday/day off due to New Year's Day falling on the weekend, and if EA follows suit, I would assume that the gurus would probably be returning to work that Tuesday which seems a little too early to be dropping an update or any big informational updates. Maybe a teaser trailer with a date of when to expect extra information, but I don't see anything significant coming out on January 3rd.

    What I do think though is that Infants might be the predecessor/pre-expansion update of some more family related content. That's not to say that it will be the Generations-esque pack in the sense that everyone is expecting it seeing as we've already gotten Parenthood and High School Years separately, but I do feel some family content may be coming this year. Hopefully they'll drop a roadmap sometime in January to give us a better idea of what to expect and when to expect it with some sort of hint.

    Personally I would love to get Fairies later on in the year, but I doubt EA would drop two big occults two years in a row, so a Plant Sims update would be totally okay with me as it would satisfy my need for new occult content.

    I'm thinking we'll get a Roadmap Today or Thursday.

    That is what I'm hoping, but what time do you think they'll announce it? I'm hoping we get info on the infants today.

    There was nothing Today from TheSims on Twitter. When it's announced it could be from 11am to 1pm Eastern.

    Oh ok. I wish they had said something today.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 829 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    I suppose there is a possibility of a roadmap Thursday yet, but I don't think we'll get any actual updates until the 10th at least (I typed the 9th mistakenly last time. :joy:)

    I hope we can at least get the roadmap this week. And also hopefully we get the update next week like you said.

    I've never really kept track of whether the roadmaps are released on Tuesdays or Thursdays. But it would be nice to get the Roadmap tomorrow with the infant update either on the 10th or the 12th. "Early in the year" makes me think Mid January to Early February timeframe. But I think most people would prefer the update sooner than later.
  • BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 627 Member
    They have been eerily silent most of December and so far this year. I'm not sure what the change is but I hope that means they're ready to hit the ground running on the Infants update and the roadmap. I'm thinking road map by the 10th or 12th, a teaser trailer of something the week of January 16th and then the actual infants update on the 24th or 31st. Usually they do a big patch right before they release a GP or EP so that'll be coming first week of Feb.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 92,579 Member
    BreeSasha wrote: »
    They have been eerily silent most of December and so far this year. I'm not sure what the change is but I hope that means they're ready to hit the ground running on the Infants update and the roadmap. I'm thinking road map by the 10th or 12th, a teaser trailer of something the week of January 16th and then the actual infants update on the 24th or 31st. Usually they do a big patch right before they release a GP or EP so that'll be coming first week of Feb.

    Nothing from TheSims again Today but Tomorrow is the 5th and last year we got a Roadmap on the 5th of January and Tomorrow is Thursday. Cross your fingers we get something Tomorrow.
  • BabycakelingsBabycakelings Posts: 98 Member
    I'm thinking they'll probably release a roadmap or something on the 5th too. (or well, the 5th their time. It's already the 5th here) It'd be weird if we didn't hear anything, especially with how restless the community is getting for any information.I'm quite enjoying how most of the replies to their tweet was "gimme baby now" XD
    tumblr_pjpuetVQKC1vjcb7vo1_1280.jpg
  • Bren91Bren91 Posts: 233 Member
    I don’t mind the silence of when they finally do do an update it’s a major one. And things begin to change. And by change, I mean less buggy updates that cause other issues in the game. An update with less glitches would be awesome. If they have realized they have got to take longer with the updates than a month to get it right, I’d rather that, then rush and update or gameplay, or any add on or expansion, if it’s just going to still have problems or fix the problem but then cause a spiral of others.

    I’d rather they really dive in, and figure out the spider web of glitches and game issues and untangle them before releasing anything else. Yeah being patience is hard for some of us, it is for me. But I’d rather complain about having to wait then to always complain and hear other people complain that the game isn’t sufficient enough, or the new updates or expansions are causing more in game problems. I think most of us would rather wait for a really well done fleshed out update or gameplay than have it being rushed.

    Granted I know they can’t fix everything. But back in the sims 1 and 2 era, there wasn’t constant game updates. Once something was released, to my knowledge, it came as is. The game developers had to get it right almost always the first time it released.

    I am confused that a game so popular and well done like the sims 2 didn’t need constant updating to fix glitches, but the sims 4 does. I know the sims 2 does have some small glitches, but they aren’t game breaking ones. How did they manage without releasing a new update every month?

    In my opinion the sims 4 should be more than capable of doing what its successors did before, if they need more time to get it right that’s what they should do. It would give the sims 4 more steam to run on if the focus was more about releasing content and updates that work without causing more glitches. It would give game players more confidence when purchasing new content or updating their game. Which in the long run would draw in more loyal players and fan base.
    Maybe the team has realized this and that if they want more new long term players and fans they got to do things right versus just getting it done and worrying about fixing it later.

    They drew in so many new players making the base game free, but if they go back to their old ways, of just dishing out the cake before it’s baked all the way they may lose new players just as fast as they got them.

    I’m hoping for more reliable updates and new content and I think if new players are going to stick around, they know things have to be done right and not rushed.

    If that’s why they have been so silent. I’m all for it. It’s strange that they have been so quiet since thanksgiving, but if that’s why it’s well worth it. And I fully support the sims 4 for doing this. And I’m sure many of you would too.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 7,239 Member
    edited January 5
    yesterday I overheard child saying sims isn't cool anymore 👵

    I wonder if dragons would change their mind🐉🐲 or is that too, grandma of me 👵
  • Bren91Bren91 Posts: 233 Member
    Quality over quantity is what I think when it comes to updates and add ons.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 92,579 Member
    Bren91 wrote: »
    I don’t mind the silence of when they finally do do an update it’s a major one. And things begin to change. And by change, I mean less buggy updates that cause other issues in the game. An update with less glitches would be awesome. If they have realized they have got to take longer with the updates than a month to get it right, I’d rather that, then rush and update or gameplay, or any add on or expansion, if it’s just going to still have problems or fix the problem but then cause a spiral of others.

    I’d rather they really dive in, and figure out the spider web of glitches and game issues and untangle them before releasing anything else. Yeah being patience is hard for some of us, it is for me. But I’d rather complain about having to wait then to always complain and hear other people complain that the game isn’t sufficient enough, or the new updates or expansions are causing more in game problems. I think most of us would rather wait for a really well done fleshed out update or gameplay than have it being rushed.

    Granted I know they can’t fix everything. But back in the sims 1 and 2 era, there wasn’t constant game updates. Once something was released, to my knowledge, it came as is. The game developers had to get it right almost always the first time it released.

    I am confused that a game so popular and well done like the sims 2 didn’t need constant updating to fix glitches, but the sims 4 does. I know the sims 2 does have some small glitches, but they aren’t game breaking ones. How did they manage without releasing a new update every month?

    In my opinion the sims 4 should be more than capable of doing what its successors did before, if they need more time to get it right that’s what they should do. It would give the sims 4 more steam to run on if the focus was more about releasing content and updates that work without causing more glitches. It would give game players more confidence when purchasing new content or updating their game. Which in the long run would draw in more loyal players and fan base.
    Maybe the team has realized this and that if they want more new long term players and fans they got to do things right versus just getting it done and worrying about fixing it later.

    They drew in so many new players making the base game free, but if they go back to their old ways, of just dishing out the cake before it’s baked all the way they may lose new players just as fast as they got them.

    I’m hoping for more reliable updates and new content and I think if new players are going to stick around, they know things have to be done right and not rushed.

    If that’s why they have been so silent. I’m all for it. It’s strange that they have been so quiet since thanksgiving, but if that’s why it’s well worth it. And I fully support the sims 4 for doing this. And I’m sure many of you would too.

    They did have patches in Sims 2 but to a lesser extent. I remember one patch fixed something in Apartment Life a lot of people were posting about.

    In the meantime it's now January 5th. Knock on Wood we get the roadmap today.
  • Bren91Bren91 Posts: 233 Member
    Yeah I’m sure the sims 2 era did have occasional updates but it didn’t need it constantly. And when they did it I don’t remember it causing a spiral of other in game issues. So It is hard for me to understand how in 2023 this is an issue with a game. The only reason I can think of is, it’s a bigger game that requires more time to complete add ons and updates. And more time is fine with me if it’s done right without causing other issues.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 92,579 Member
    Nothing yet and it's after 1pm Eastern. I'm really surprised a roadmap hasn't been announced. 😒
  • Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    Nothing yet and it's after 1pm Eastern. I'm really surprised a roadmap hasn't been announced. 😒

    I was really hoping for some news today 😮‍💨 at this point, I'm just gonna stop anticipating and go about my business so I'm not constantly thinking about it anymore 🙃 babies and roadmaps will eventually come soon...I hope.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 765 Member
    It is almost noon MST and no news yet. Not saying that they could not spring something on us at the last minute or by close of business today it could happen. I think we will hear something on the 10th that is the last day of the sales for the holidays. Whatever day, I am looking forward to seeing the infant update and more news.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 661 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Heya,

    You'll have more to discuss relatively soon everyone, we still have folk trickling back into the office from holiday vacation time and getting back into the swing of things. :)

    Define soon Cade... ;) Thanks for sharing! <3
    cuz we can't live forever, so show me how to love like it's the last night baby, like it's the last night baby.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 4,726 EA Community Manager
    Holiday wrote: »
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Heya,

    You'll have more to discuss relatively soon everyone, we still have folk trickling back into the office from holiday vacation time and getting back into the swing of things. :)

    Define soon Cade... ;) Thanks for sharing! <3

    I'm afraid that if I gave anymore away @SimGuruNinja would come for me over my disagreement over "live" mode pronunciation.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,088 Member
    Relatively soon sounds like February ;) .
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 206 Member
    I was really hoping for some news today at this point, I'm just gonna stop anticipating and go about my business so I'm not constantly thinking about it anymore lol me too just hoping to here something Tuesday
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,278 Member
    SimGurus are starting to whisper excitedly (metaphorically speaking) on Twitter. That's usually a good sign.
  • BabycakelingsBabycakelings Posts: 98 Member
    Happy to hear a community manager say something XD Even if that something is basically a very polite way of saying "be patient"
    tumblr_pjpuetVQKC1vjcb7vo1_1280.jpg
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 30,847 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    I'm afraid that if I gave anymore away @SimGuruNinja would come for me over my disagreement over "live" mode pronunciation.

    Too late @EA_Cade.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18215737#Comment_18215737
    TS Forever 💚
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top