The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

January Patch Speculation 2023 (Jan 31st Patch Out Now)

Comments

• lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    crown, tooth-tooth fairy-- maybe fairies would be added? Or a game pack in this year??
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,819 Member
    Someone on Twitter said the Tooth Beary. 😄
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,308 EA Community Manager
    Haha! Molar Bear is gold :D
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    A dentist career would be far to much to hope for, but well done it could be very fun since it would impact so much, like eating habits, brushing teeth, fear of the dentist, and not at lest brawl day
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    everyone think's Molar Bear is a tooth fairy and that is a great Ida but he could also be a imagery friend like in The Sims 3 Generations either why he is so cute
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    It’s very exciting regardless. I am glad they came out with this, hopefully it will all move very quickly :)
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    PhilSims wrote: »
    A popular Patreon that I follow has indicated a patch on 17th, not sure where they got the info from....

Well the 17th is a Tuesday so that would make sense. I'm wondering if it's just bug fixes or the patch though. Assuming they're even right.

Perhaps we can expect a roadmap on the 10th then? Which should give us a general time frame of when to expect the first pack of this year. It seems a little close to have the roadmap potentially release on the 10th, and then have such a big update only a week later. But it is possible I suppose.

I'm not sure why, but I have a feeling the expansion pack may release in February rather than January. I'm not really sure why but it's just a feeling I have. And this is assuming the EP is even coming in the first quarter of the year.

This is my line of thought right now

January 10
    Roadmap covering January, February, and March.

January 17th
    Possible Infant Update (if we are indeed getting a patch then)

January 24th
    Possible Infant Update (if we don't get the update on the 17th)

February 7
    Possible Expansion Pack Release Date

OR

February 16
    Possible Expansion Pack Release Date.

I don't forsee them releasing a pack on Valentine's Day which is why I skipped a couple of days during my prediction. Of course somewhere in there we'll probably have an Inside Maxis and perhaps a Kit. But I'm not sure where to squeeze them in.

Well... I predicted the Roadmap correctly. :joy:

And we know that there's a community stream coming out on January 31st. But I'm wondering if it's related to the upcoming expansion pack at all?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    edited January 2023
    A popular Patreon that I follow has indicated a patch on 17th, not sure where they got the info from....

Well the 17th is a Tuesday so that would make sense. I'm wondering if it's just bug fixes or the patch though. Assuming they're even right.

Perhaps we can expect a roadmap on the 10th then? Which should give us a general time frame of when to expect the first pack of this year. It seems a little close to have the roadmap potentially release on the 10th, and then have such a big update only a week later. But it is possible I suppose.

I'm not sure why, but I have a feeling the expansion pack may release in February rather than January. I'm not really sure why but it's just a feeling I have. And this is assuming the EP is even coming in the first quarter of the year.

January 10

January 17th

January 24th

February 7

OR

February 16

I don't forsee them releasing a pack on Valentine's Day which is why I skipped a couple of days during my prediction. Of course somewhere in there we'll probably have an Inside Maxis and perhaps a Kit. But I'm not sure where to squeeze them in.

And we know that there's a community stream coming out on January 31st. But I'm wondering if it's related to the upcoming expansion pack at all?

That more then likely means the expansion will get announced before the 31st.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member

January 10

January 17th

January 24th

February 7

OR

February 16

That's what I was thinking. Assuming the stream is related to the new expansion pack. The streams come out what...like two weeks before the pack releases usually?

Meaning we should hear something next week in regards to an actual release date/trailer?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,467 Member
    I'm personally not expecting any information on infants or upcoming Eps until maybe January 9th at the earliest. According to my phone's calendar January 2nd is being treated as a holiday/day off due to New Year's Day falling on the weekend, and if EA follows suit, I would assume that the gurus would probably be returning to work that Tuesday which seems a little too early to be dropping an update or any big informational updates. Maybe a teaser trailer with a date of when to expect extra information, but I don't see anything significant coming out on January 3rd.

What I do think though is that Infants might be the predecessor/pre-expansion update of some more family related content. That's not to say that it will be the Generations-esque pack in the sense that everyone is expecting it seeing as we've already gotten Parenthood and High School Years separately, but I do feel some family content may be coming this year. Hopefully they'll drop a roadmap sometime in January to give us a better idea of what to expect and when to expect it with some sort of hint.

Personally I would love to get Fairies later on in the year, but I doubt EA would drop two big occults two years in a row, so a Plant Sims update would be totally okay with me as it would satisfy my need for new occult content.

And you missed it by one day. The Roadmap, as shared near the top of this forum, came today, which is Jan. 10th. Not a bad guess at all!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • BabycakelingsBabycakelings Posts: 100 Member
    At this point, I 100% think we'll get an update on the 17th. No clue though if it will include infants though, but I do think we'll get an update then either way.
    tumblr_pjpuetVQKC1vjcb7vo1_1280.jpg
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited January 2023
    I’m more excited about the infant update than anything else!

Molar Bear is the best name. No idea what the bear will do! 😂
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
    At this point, I 100% think we'll get an update on the 17th. No clue though if it will include infants though, but I do think we'll get an update then either way.

Even if infants aren't in this update they'll probably be in the Patch before the Expansion.
    I hope the February Patch since it will be the Pre EP Patch will add Boy/Girlfriend in CAS.
  • RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    edited January 2023

January 10

January 17th

January 24th

February 7

OR

February 16

That's what I was thinking. Assuming the stream is related to the new expansion pack. The streams come out what...like two weeks before the pack releases usually?

Meaning we should hear something next week in regards to an actual release date/trailer?

I think the stream is more related to the big update, the procedure for EP release is trailer-preorder-gameplay streaming-release as usual.
    I'm beginning to think this patch won't add much but bug fixes. It's the February Patch that's going to big and I expect in February to get an Update that lets children ride bikes.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I'm still crossing my fingers that the patch is the 17th for infants. The community stream doesn't feel like it would be about infants. Especially because they use the word community. That feels like a collaboration stream which makes me think it's about a kit collaboration or expansion pack.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
    Nothing from The Sims on Twitter today other then a new white color for their icon probably cause it's a holiday.
  • lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    There is some chance that we might get infants tomorrow:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCWOEBkFyiU&ab_channel=Pixelade

edited January 2023
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    It's pretty small so no infants?
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    If it's just fixes this time, all I really care about is the "keeps moving after pausing the game" issue. I played again recently after months away, and I can't believe this is still happening... sometimes it's unintentionally hilarious, but mostly it's just creepy AF.
  • CharSimsCharSims Posts: 44 Member
    Well this sucks lol but whenever they are ready is the best time for it to come out.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited January 2023
    lunnarila wrote: »
    There is some chance that we might get infants tomorrow:

... or not :p

Laundry list = Kit patch

Infant update aka EP patch