Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

January Patch Speculation 2023 (Jan 31st Patch Out Now)

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2023
    Patch Notes

Sul Sul, Simmers!

Happy New Year! We’ve taken care of all kinds of issues in this patch. Thank you all for your patience, and for staying vigilant in your reporting. We have a full year of The Sims 4 ahead of us, and we can’t wait to hear what you think. Happy Simming!
    The Sims Team

Bug Fixes

Base Game
    Toddlers were all looking a little too similar to each other. Now, they’ll reflect their parents and account for genetics.
    Sims will no longer break the space-time continuum by moving when the game is paused.
    The Mint Green Belted Cardigan (yfTop_CardiganBelted_SolidGreenMintBlack) no longer makes your Sim look like human spaghetti.
    The Open Blazer (yfTop_BlazerOpenCollarTucked) now covers your Sim’s midriff properly.
    A Juice Party will now count towards Throw 3 parties in the Party Aspiration.
    Objects mounted on walls will no longer be removed when a different wall texture is applied in Build mode.
    The Check for Pen Pal Replies option will now display as intended.
    The Return from Daycare notification will now only appear once.
    Fixed a crash that could happen when entering Live Mode.
    The Promise to Help interaction will now trigger in the appropriate situations.
    It’s now possible to enable the free build cheat (bb.enablefreebuild) while in the Making Money Scenario. This cheat doesn’t even disable Achievements/Trophies on consoles either.
    Removed duplicate Clean up prompts when around two Activity Tables.
    When using the Off the Grid filter, objects will display the proper information about what skill they may impact.
    Disabling Wants & Fears will now function as intended.
    Fixed missing Comfort stats from many Comfort objects and items.
    Fixed Public Bathrooms description information stating they’re for Hygiene instead of Bladder.
    Sims will be able to use public bathroom stalls. No more holding it until you get home!

Consoles
    Adjusting the UI Scale from Game Options > Accessibility while in Create a Sim (CAS) should be more responsive so you can see your adjustments without waiting.
    The Show: All Households list in the Manage Households menu can be scrolled meaning you can now see all Households as well.

Bust The Dust
    *Sniff Sniff* Sims will perform the smelling animation the appropriate amount when their environment is dirty. No one likes a dirty litter box!

Get to Work
    When your Sim grows up; Alien nose, chin, and eye width will carry over.
    A respectful introduction will now fulfill the Greet Co-workers/Patients task as a part of the Doctor Career.

Seasons
    Sims won't freeze to death in the Summer when interacting with sprinklers. Someone must’ve forgotten to turn the air conditioner off… we’ll be sure to hand out blankets next time!
    Sims are now able to properly schedule holidays when they have a teen in the house. Scheduling family trips is already hard enough!

Snowy Escape
    Work Withdrawals are now removed when working during their off hours.

My Wedding Stories
    Your Sims will no longer talk about planning their wedding ceremony after they are married.

Werewolves
    Werewolves are now able to change their fur in CAS mode. Furtastic!
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    PhilSims wrote: »
    A popular Patreon that I follow has indicated a patch on 17th, not sure where they got the info from....

Well the 17th is a Tuesday so that would make sense. I'm wondering if it's just bug fixes or the patch though. Assuming they're even right.

Perhaps we can expect a roadmap on the 10th then? Which should give us a general time frame of when to expect the first pack of this year. It seems a little close to have the roadmap potentially release on the 10th, and then have such a big update only a week later. But it is possible I suppose.

I'm not sure why, but I have a feeling the expansion pack may release in February rather than January. I'm not really sure why but it's just a feeling I have. And this is assuming the EP is even coming in the first quarter of the year.

This is my line of thought right now

January 10
    Roadmap covering January, February, and March.

January 17th
    Possible Infant Update (if we are indeed getting a patch then)
    Got the patch, but no infant update

January 24th
    Possible Infant Update (if we don't get the update on the 17th)

January 31st - Livestream + Possible Infant Announcement?

February 7
    Possible Infant Update or EP announcement

OR

February 14

February 21 to 28
    Promotion Period?

March 7
    Possible EP Release Date or Promotion Period if released later

March 14
    Possible EP Release Date

I don't forsee them releasing a pack on Valentine's Day which is why I skipped a couple of days during my prediction. Of course somewhere in there we'll probably have an Inside Maxis and perhaps a Kit. But I'm not sure where to squeeze them in.

If it's just an announcement or Infant Update, it could possible come on Valentines Day if it's not February 7th. I'm thinking the EP might come in March at this point but could be wrong

Decided to update my "predictions"
  • Options
    lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    PhilSims wrote: »
    A popular Patreon that I follow has indicated a patch on 17th, not sure where they got the info from....

Well the 17th is a Tuesday so that would make sense. I'm wondering if it's just bug fixes or the patch though. Assuming they're even right.

Perhaps we can expect a roadmap on the 10th then? Which should give us a general time frame of when to expect the first pack of this year. It seems a little close to have the roadmap potentially release on the 10th, and then have such a big update only a week later. But it is possible I suppose.

I'm not sure why, but I have a feeling the expansion pack may release in February rather than January. I'm not really sure why but it's just a feeling I have. And this is assuming the EP is even coming in the first quarter of the year.

This is my line of thought right now

January 10
    Roadmap covering January, February, and March.

January 17th
    Possible Infant Update (if we are indeed getting a patch then)
    Got the patch, but no infant update

January 24th
    Possible Infant Update (if we don't get the update on the 17th)

January 31st - Livestream + Possible Infant Announcement?

February 7

OR

February 14

February 21 to 28
    Promotion Period?

March 7
    Possible EP Release Date or Promotion Period if released later

March 14
    Possible EP Release Date

I don't forsee them releasing a pack on Valentine's Day which is why I skipped a couple of days during my prediction. Of course somewhere in there we'll probably have an Inside Maxis and perhaps a Kit. But I'm not sure where to squeeze them in.

If it's just an announcement or Infant Update, it could possible come on Valentines Day if it's not February 7th. I'm thinking the EP might come in March at this point but could be wrong

Decided to update my "predictions"

why 24th crossed out?
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Presumably because we get one substantial update a month, and we've already had January's one.
    (That, and the extremely high likelihood that the stream on the 31st is about the impending infancy update)
  • Options
    I now think the EP will get announced Next Week instead of this week cause of the Kits releasing Thrusday.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Presumably because we get one substantial update a month, and we've already had January's one.
    (That, and the extremely high likelihood that the stream on the 31st is about the impending infancy update)

Thank you for answering. :blush: This is exactly the reason I crossed the 24th out.
  • Options
    I hope we get an SDX Tomorrow.
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    I posted this in the Feb patch speculation, but there’s a good chance we’ll get a game patch on Jan 31st :p
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    jpajari wrote: »
    I posted this in the Feb patch speculation, but there’s a good chance we’ll get a game patch on Jan 31st :p

Yes it's looking quite likely we're getting a patch Tuesday. I think it's going to be infants too cause the livestream is 2 hours earlier then it usually is. For sure though the base game will be getting a light switch with this patch which may or may not be functional.
  • Options
    jpajari wrote: »

Yes it's looking quite likely we're getting a patch Tuesday. I think it's going to be infants too cause the livestream is 2 hours earlier then it usually is. For sure though the base game will be getting a light switch with this patch which may or may not be functional.

I don't think it will be functional because the one in bathroom clutter isnt
  • Options
    CharSimsCharSims Posts: 44 Member

Because it probably is the object baby
  • Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member

It is, I was more thoughtful about the caption.
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited January 2023

New The Sims 4 Update is coming January 31st!
    The first update for The Sims 4 was thought to bring the Big Infants Update that was teased in the beginning of the year with the official Roadmap. However, it turned out to be a Bug Fixes Update.

A new discovery by a popular modder TurboDriver has started a new rounds of speculation about the potential release of The Sims 4 Infants Patch. It was discovered within the EA App / Origin platform that Maxis has a new The Sims 4 Update scheduled. Just an hour after the scheduled Behind The Sims!

https://simscommunity.info/2023/01/30/new-update-for-the-sims-4-is-coming-very-soon/#google_vignette
  • Options
    Makes sense. TurboDriver was right about update speculation a could of times before and why would they make stream earlier? I only hope it will include infants <3
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Tomorrow's going to be entertaining, if they finally release the babies update. :smile: Hope they have other interesting news to present.
  • Options
    Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member

But according to this, it's just a speculation article from the Sims Community and they're in no way affiliated with the official Sims.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Phantasi33 wrote: »
    But according to this, it's just a speculation article from the Sims Community and they're in no way affiliated with the official Sims.

Exactly why I posted it in Speculation. 🙂
  • Options
    Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    Phantasi33 wrote: »

Exactly why I posted it in Speculation. 🙂

Oops. I forgot what part of the forums I was in 🤣
  • Options
    Babies launch March 14th... I didn't expect them today (even though I hoped) but why March?
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    So with no "arrivals" my guess is fixes. I think there will be an SDX drop tomorrow with light switches and a new swatch....
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Wait, I thought they said there would be SDX drops every month. Or am I misremembering?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    The patch has arrived.