Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

January Patch Speculation 2023 (Jan 31st Patch Out Now)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
January could bring the Infant Update and this update could be part of a Pre EP Patch or just an Update on it's own. Remember Toddlers came out 2 weeks before the Vampire Gamepack.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• Ninja-Dan22Ninja-Dan22 Posts: 117 Member
    I really hope it's the infant update! They're supposed to be fixing the same face toddler bug in Jan as well.
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    I can’t wait for something new!
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    If I was the potentate of The Sims I'd have them drop a lil' baby update just before Christmas instead so we could all make Mary and Joseph
  • Bren91Bren91 Posts: 298 Member
    Mid January is going to be the big update and reveal of a new expansion pack. The expansion pack will release early February. January 3rd is when they will start hinting at all that is to come.
    I believe it will be a generations type pack. But I don’t think they will call it generations but I think it will add more depth to family game play
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    January could bring the Infant Update and this update could be part of a Pre EP Patch or just an Update on it's own. Remember Toddlers came out 2 weeks before the Vampire Gamepack.

I would like the Infant update in January.

I’m really hoping in 2023 we get a Stuff Pack. 🤞🥺

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I think it would be awesome to get the baby update prior to Christmas, but I do not see that happening. I do see it happening in January early on before the release on an EP or GP. I am hoping it will be a Generations EP.
  • BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    I'm really hoping we could get the infants update in January and then the first EP of the year in late February or March. I kind of want the patch to be separate from the release of the EP (in case there are any bugs/glitches).
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    It would probably be baby updates, new older baby lifestate with new baby stuff. Plus, there'll probably some more fixes in the base & maybe some packs.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    BreeSasha wrote: »
    I'm really hoping we could get the infants update in January and then the first EP of the year in late February or March. I kind of want the patch to be separate from the release of the EP (in case there are any bugs/glitches).

I think this will actually happen. Like with Toddlers that came out in the Update before Vampires 2 weeks before.
    One of the things I'm hoping for in The January Update is Filters for each Kit and SDX Items.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I guess it will have the infant update. Let's get that done and then I'd love to have an actual roadmap, please!
    One where I can see which kind of packs we can expect until the end of March.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I reeeally hope that it’s the infant update!
    Erja888 wrote: »
    I guess it will have the infant update. Let's get that done and then I'd love to have an actual roadmap, please!
    One where I can see which kind of packs we can expect until the end of March.

Actually I think the Roadmap will be announced first then we'll get the Update in Mid January.
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    I hope we get the infants next week! :)
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
    I think the update will be this Tuesday the 3rd. We’re over due for one. The last official update was November 22nd. Mid January is almost two months later. I think they will announce the official expansion mid January, but the update should release the 3rd or the 10th at the latest. I’ve never known them to go two months without an update. Maybe they have?
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    In the update trailer, I saw a Plantsim. Maybe they will get their upgrade this year?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I'm personally not expecting any information on infants or upcoming Eps until maybe January 9th at the earliest. According to my phone's calendar January 2nd is being treated as a holiday/day off due to New Year's Day falling on the weekend, and if EA follows suit, I would assume that the gurus would probably be returning to work that Tuesday which seems a little too early to be dropping an update or any big informational updates. Maybe a teaser trailer with a date of when to expect extra information, but I don't see anything significant coming out on January 3rd.

What I do think though is that Infants might be the predecessor/pre-expansion update of some more family related content. That's not to say that it will be the Generations-esque pack in the sense that everyone is expecting it seeing as we've already gotten Parenthood and High School Years separately, but I do feel some family content may be coming this year. Hopefully they'll drop a roadmap sometime in January to give us a better idea of what to expect and when to expect it with some sort of hint.

Personally I would love to get Fairies later on in the year, but I doubt EA would drop two big occults two years in a row, so a Plant Sims update would be totally okay with me as it would satisfy my need for new occult content.
    They have been quiet now for over a month. My guess is they have been working really hard to prepare for the big update January 3rd or January 10th. I think last Friday they pretty much got it ready, the 3rd of January they may have a little bit of finishing up to do, or prepare for releasing it later that day, or they will spend this next week finishing it up and it will release a week from this coming Tuesday. But I think their plan is was to release it the 3rd originally.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited December 2022
    Like I said in others it's been pretty quiet since the Sims summit Livestream at least Imo. So we may get an announcement early this month and a pack later in the month to early next month.
    Post edited by Briana2425 on
    I'm personally not expecting any information on infants or upcoming Eps until maybe January 9th at the earliest. According to my phone's calendar January 2nd is being treated as a holiday/day off due to New Year's Day falling on the weekend, and if EA follows suit, I would assume that the gurus would probably be returning to work that Tuesday which seems a little too early to be dropping an update or any big informational updates. Maybe a teaser trailer with a date of when to expect extra information, but I don't see anything significant coming out on January 3rd.

What I do think though is that Infants might be the predecessor/pre-expansion update of some more family related content. That's not to say that it will be the Generations-esque pack in the sense that everyone is expecting it seeing as we've already gotten Parenthood and High School Years separately, but I do feel some family content may be coming this year. Hopefully they'll drop a roadmap sometime in January to give us a better idea of what to expect and when to expect it with some sort of hint.

Personally I would love to get Fairies later on in the year, but I doubt EA would drop two big occults two years in a row, so a Plant Sims update would be totally okay with me as it would satisfy my need for new occult content.

I'm thinking we'll get a Roadmap Today or Thursday.
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member

That is what I'm hoping, but what time do you think they'll announce it? I'm hoping we get info on the infants today.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    Every sims save I've ever started is bugged to the point that it either ruins the experience completely or ruins it to a moderate degree. There are so many bugs and glitches and content that was created that don't work properly. This stuff should get attention by the developers and be updated and fixed. Most of you are on PC and probably have Mods that can fix stuff, but I'm on console and do not have those types of options. I still play the sims but usually have to sacrifice something and accept it as flawed in order to continue playing the game. I've never played a game that was as bugged as Sims 4. I'm not angry I'm just stating a fact. So, when the developers seem upbeat or excited about the new update that's going to fix the insulting coming soon. I can only sigh as there are like 50 other issues that need attention.
    Goodywood wrote: »

That is what I'm hoping, but what time do you think they'll announce it? I'm hoping we get info on the infants today.

There was nothing Today from TheSims on Twitter. When it's announced it could be from 11am to 1pm Eastern.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I suppose there is a possibility of a roadmap Thursday yet, but I don't think we'll get any actual updates until the 10th at least (I typed the 9th mistakenly last time. :joy:)