Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

January Patch Speculation 2023 (Jan 31st Patch Out Now)

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited January 2023
    Happy to hear a community manager say something XD Even if that something is basically a very polite way of saying "be patient"

Me too.

I'm wondering when we'll see an SDX this month and what the theme will be. Prehaps it will arrive with the Patch. I hope the January Patch brings a lot of bug fixes. I'm also hoping it will add some eyelashes and lip piercings. Something else I'm hoping is fixed it this months patch is the ferris wheel. When being placed out of debug it loses it's calayope music. I've got a thread on this on AMQ.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • PhilSimsPhilSims Posts: 190 Member
    A popular Patreon that I follow has indicated a patch on 17th, not sure where they got the info from....
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @PhilSims Who was it?
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
    PhilSims wrote: »
    A popular Patreon that I follow has indicated a patch on 17th, not sure where they got the info from....

That sounds about right.
  • Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    @PhilSims Who was it?

I did some digging, and apparently the info about a possible January 17th patch came from the creator, adeepindigo. Not exactly sure where she got her info from or if she's just speculating, but she posted the info on her patreon account.
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    edited January 2023
    i hope the next sims 4 expansion pack will have daycare for toddlers so i can see them go there and the other one will have grade school for children so i can see them go there too
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member

Well the 17th is a Tuesday so that would make sense. I'm wondering if it's just bug fixes or the patch though. Assuming they're even right.

Perhaps we can expect a roadmap on the 10th then? Which should give us a general time frame of when to expect the first pack of this year. It seems a little close to have the roadmap potentially release on the 10th, and then have such a big update only a week later. But it is possible I suppose.

I'm not sure why, but I have a feeling the expansion pack may release in February rather than January. I'm not really sure why but it's just a feeling I have. And this is assuming the EP is even coming in the first quarter of the year.

This is my line of thought right now

January 10
    Roadmap covering January, February, and March.

January 17th
    Possible Infant Update (if we are indeed getting a patch then)

January 24th
    Possible Infant Update (if we don't get the update on the 17th)

February 7
    Possible Expansion Pack Release Date

OR

February 16
    Possible Expansion Pack Release Date.

I don't forsee them releasing a pack on Valentine's Day which is why I skipped a couple of days during my prediction. Of course somewhere in there we'll probably have an Inside Maxis and perhaps a Kit. But I'm not sure where to squeeze them in.

• RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    OMG @simgirl1010 that was an awesome post by the simguru's. Very entertaining too. I love it when they do things like this, it makes things interesting. I don't always read the fourms everyday because there is so much and I don't have twitter so it is great when you all share these type of things.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited January 2023
    @EA_Cade wrote: »
    Holiday wrote: »
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Heya,

You'll have more to discuss relatively soon everyone, we still have folk trickling back into the office from holiday vacation time and getting back into the swing of things. :)

Define soon Cade... ;) Thanks for sharing! <3

I'm afraid that if I gave anymore away @SimGuruNinja would come for me over my disagreement over "live" mode pronunciation.

Google says "Live mode" like a live stream on twitch but The Sims is about living. This mode does both, LIVE game and life.

The modes are always a verb :
    • Create a sim
    • Build
    • Buy
    • Live

LIVE mode seems to be more natural to pronounce than live mode (to live)
  • lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    > @MeowchaFrappe said:
    > Well the 17th is a Tuesday so that would make sense. I'm wondering if it's just bug fixes or the patch though. Assuming they're even right.
    >
    > Perhaps we can expect a roadmap on the 10th then? Which should give us a general time frame of when to expect the first pack of this year. It seems a little close to have the roadmap potentially release on the 10th, and then have such a big update only a week later. But it is possible I suppose.
    >
    > I'm not sure why, but I have a feeling the expansion pack may release in February rather than January. I'm not really sure why but it's just a feeling I have. And this is assuming the EP is even coming in the first quarter of the year.
    >
    > This is my line of thought right now
    >
    > January 10
    > Roadmap covering January, February, and March.
    >
    > January 17th
    > Possible Infant Update (if we are indeed getting a patch then)
    >
    > January 24th
    > Possible Infant Update (if we don't get the update on the 17th)
    >
    > February 7
    > Possible Expansion Pack Release Date
    >
    > OR
    >
    > February 16
    > Possible Expansion Pack Release Date.
    >
    > I don't forsee them releasing a pack on Valentine's Day which is why I skipped a couple of days during my prediction. Of course somewhere in there we'll probably have an Inside Maxis and perhaps a Kit. But I'm not sure where to squeeze them in.

I agree with the plan. However, seeing their release history, I would think that we will get game pack in February ( its a month for gamepacks) and expansion pack June and the other one in November/December
    mollie1998 wrote: »
    i hope the next sims 4 expansion pack will have daycare for toddlers so i can see them go there and the other one will have grade school for children so i can see them go there too

Yes toddlers could meet other toddlers.
    edited January 2023

Well the 17th is a Tuesday so that would make sense. I'm wondering if it's just bug fixes or the patch though. Assuming they're even right.

Perhaps we can expect a roadmap on the 10th then? Which should give us a general time frame of when to expect the first pack of this year. It seems a little close to have the roadmap potentially release on the 10th, and then have such a big update only a week later. But it is possible I suppose.

I'm not sure why, but I have a feeling the expansion pack may release in February rather than January. I'm not really sure why but it's just a feeling I have. And this is assuming the EP is even coming in the first quarter of the year.

January 10

January 17th

January 24th

February 7

OR

February 16

I don't forsee them releasing a pack on Valentine's Day which is why I skipped a couple of days during my prediction. Of course somewhere in there we'll probably have an Inside Maxis and perhaps a Kit. But I'm not sure where to squeeze them in.

The Patch.

Also if a Gamepack or Expansion is coming out in February it would have to be announced this month.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    What makes everybody think that we get a Gamepack? 2022 we got 1 EP and 2 GPs. 2023 we get 2 EPs e basta.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member

January 10

January 17th

January 24th

February 7

OR

February 16

The Patch.

Also if a Gamepack or Expansion is coming out in February it would have to be announced this month.

True! It would have to be announced this month if we're getting a pack in February. I just wasn't sure where to slide it into the timeline.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member

January 10

January 17th

January 24th

February 7

OR

February 16

The Patch.

That’s right, meaning if no EP was announced this month then no EP in February, that doesn’t rule out GPs or infant update ofc, there’s still a chance a GP might drop in February if there’s no EP
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Just wanted to add, GamePacks don’t have to be announced prior a month before like EPs, so if no EP announced this month then we can’t rule out possibility of GP in Feb, they announced usually only 2 weeks before release..
    Cross yalls fingers for a Roadmap Tomorrow.
    It's Tuesday, almost middle of the month, sales end today so MAYBE we will get ANY NEWS.
    edited January 2023
    We're due for a patch. I think it will come Next Tuesday. Even if it doesn't come with infants I'm hoping for some lip piercings and cc looking female eye lashes.
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > We're due for a patch. I think it will come Next Tuesday. Even if it doesn't come with infants I'm hoping for some lip piercings and cc looking female eye lashes.

They were about to be fixing toddlers' faces. Was it announced somewhere? Its perhaps too early for infants but they could have at least given us a road map for winter/spring... at this point I can't handle the tension
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    I hope we get something today.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,262 EA Community Manager
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • aktexaktex Posts: 367 Member
    A bear as EP hint?! What could that mean?
    tcvoh84l0v7b6kg3g.jpg
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    > https://twitter.com/TheHenfordHen/status/1612847427127476225?t=NeC7qNDcE8foRVGM4hs91A&s=19

MOLAR BEAR