Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• Options
    simcindysimcindy Posts: 1 New Member
    Thank you all for this mod and your support. My game is working great. I do not have the new EP. I have a question about sculpting my population. I play an all adult game. I am trying to create a world based on the fallout of China's "One child policy," a strongly majority male population. My female sims wish to take full advantage of their scarcity and open a gentlemen's club and get rich off these desperate, arrogant men. I set my population numbers at 70% male. My last MCLE showed my population was 51% female. How do I increase the male population? Is there a way to get the population numbers without waiting for an error report? Thanks again.
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,697 Member
    edited August 2022
    simcindy wrote: »
    Thank you all for this mod and your support. My game is working great. I do not have the new EP. I have a question about sculpting my population. I play an all adult game. I am trying to create a world based on the fallout of China's "One child policy," a strongly majority male population. My female sims wish to take full advantage of their scarcity and open a gentlemen's club and get rich off these desperate, arrogant men. I set my population numbers at 70% male. My last MCLE showed my population was 51% female. How do I increase the male population? Is there a way to get the population numbers without waiting for an error report? Thanks again.

Check the following setting on an ingame computer:
    Computer:MCCC > MC Population > Populating Settings > Percent Male
    The % chance a spawned homeless Sim will be male. Otherwise, it will be a female. Default is 50.

Logging details (including the headcount of female and male sims) of the sim population can be get with the following command from a sim's MCCC menu:
    Sim:MCCC > Sim Commands > Logging Commands > Log Population Details
    Choose "Basic Output" and then "Create Detail Log". The Log file is created in the same folder, where your MCCC files are located.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,101 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    MCCC 2022.4.2 is cleared by Deaderpool for use with patch v. 1.90.375, released August 2, 2022, no update necessary!

There have been no errors reported so far after that EA update.
    Everything seems to work as expected.

Find the download link on this page:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases

Alternative DL site, just in case you're facing issues.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-2022-69613054 - FREE DOWNLOAD!

If you are a Legacy user, stay on MCCC version 6.6.0.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-6-6-0-31490960 - FREE DOWNLOAD!

You might also have a look at @luthienrising's post regarding broken mods and CC:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/997549/broken-updated-mods-cc-feb-2022-patch/p1

If you have any questions please ask,
    or visit our Discord: https://discord.gg/mccc

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Patch #Update

Does this correct the lifespan issue?
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »
    MCCC 2022.4.2 is cleared by Deaderpool for use with patch v. 1.90.375, released August 2, 2022, no update necessary!

You might also have a look at @luthienrising's post regarding broken mods and CC:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/997549/broken-updated-mods-cc-feb-2022-patch/p1

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Patch #Update

@Brd709 no, MCCC still uses the old EA defaults for the various life stages. If you want the new EA defaults for the life stages, you have to set them manually with MCCC as custom lengths for those life stages.
  • Options

from Deaderpool on aging

EA changed age spans last release as well as how they do the Short, Normal and Long age spans. So MCCC has to be updated to work with that. This is known. It's not something we need any save files or anything for. It's just going to be that way until the next release.

Also, MCCC has default ages for "normal" always set in the settings. Those no longer match EA's defaults at normal so when you take the mod out and put it back in, you will see different ages. Also known. Also possible to work-around by just setting the ages as the same. Also, with MCCC, we have ALWAYS recommended just not even using "Short" or "Long" age spans. We just recommend setting the Normal age spans to however many days you want.

...It sounds like you set the normal age span in MCCC but you are using "Long" in game settings for the age span, which used to be 4*normal. It also depends on where you're looking for the Sim's age. If you're using the Sim menu in MCCC and looking at the detail at the top of the dialog, that may no longer be correct. Since EA changed the way they were doing ages, I had to add some code to fix errors in that dialog, but I don't know if the ages are correct in it any longer. It wasn't something that was a critical issue that needed to be fixed in a hotfix versus a public release. If you're talking about in the in-game UI it says that's the age, then it sounds like it is showing "Long" age span and not normal, but again, with changes that happened, issues are known and expected right now until things get worked on in the next public release.
  • Options
    UnspeakableSpoonUnspeakableSpoon Posts: 1 New Member
    I have the latest MCC files (4.2) extracted to my Sims 4 documents Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods
    directory, running the latest update from Aug 2nd. ; it shows up in the mods section in the Sims 4, I have mods enable custom content and mods and script mods enabled in options and I still get nothing in the game itself on characters or computers...Anyone have any thoughts on what i'm doing wrong/how to fix?
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,468 Member
    I have the latest MCC files (4.2) extracted to my Sims 4 documents Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods
    directory, running the latest update from Aug 2nd. ; it shows up in the mods section in the Sims 4, I have mods enable custom content and mods and script mods enabled in options and I still get nothing in the game itself on characters or computers...Anyone have any thoughts on what i'm doing wrong/how to fix?

Here's some troubleshooting tips from Deaderpool:

https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/troubleshooting
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Can MCCC be used offline? I haven’t downloaded the update or patch and want to play offline but found that MCCC seemed to disappear and couldn’t change the speed that time went in the game. Can anyone help me?
  • Options

Are your other mods working (if you use any)?

What happens if you try with all other mods removed except of MCCC? Make a backup before you start testing and do not save when your mods/CC ar not in game.
  • Options
    Can MCCC be used offline? I haven’t downloaded the update or patch and want to play offline but found that MCCC seemed to disappear and couldn’t change the speed that time went in the game. Can anyone help me?

MCCC can also used offline without issues. There is only one online function, the "version check" feature, but this is disabled by default. You have to manually enable it to work.

By the way: we don't recommend to use the "game time speed" setting during normal gameplay, because it messes with a lot of things from the standard game mechanics. Issues could go so far, that you might use your entire save.
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member

MCCC can also used offline without issues. There is only one online function, the "version check" feature, but this is disabled by default. You have to manually enable it to work.

By the way: we don't recommend to use the "game time speed" setting during normal gameplay, because it messes with a lot of things from the standard game mechanics. Issues could go so far, that you might use your entire save.

How can I access MCCC offline and in-game? I started a new save last weekend and whenever I clicked on a sim, the option wasn’t there. There was no computer in the sim house so I didn’t test that. I’ve used the speed function ever since starting with Sims 3 - I cannot play without it. I tried last weekend and all the sims in the household ended up starving and exhausted. I have never had any issues with using a different speed in normal gameplay. I also use slightly customised age spans, which if I was to play my main save offline, I would definitely need or a lot of adults would automatically age to elder!
  • Options

How can I access MCCC offline and in-game? I started a new save last weekend and whenever I clicked on a sim, the option wasn’t there. There was no computer in the sim house so I didn’t test that. I’ve used the speed function ever since starting with Sims 3 - I cannot play without it. I tried last weekend and all the sims in the household ended up starving and exhausted. I have never had any issues with using a different speed in normal gameplay. I also use slightly customised age spans, which if I was to play my main save offline, I would definitely need or a lot of adults would automatically age to elder!

If there is no computer in the lot you're playing, just type "mc_settings" in the command line.
  • Options
    Reffy2Reffy2 Posts: 18 Member
    Is there a way to prevent a specific sim (my sim in this case) to do certain actions?
    I don't want my sim to kiss or hug when the conversation is flirtatious, in example.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Reffy2 wrote: »
    Is there a way to prevent a specific sim (my sim in this case) to do certain actions?
    I don't want my sim to kiss or hug when the conversation is flirtatious, in example.

No, there is nothing like that in MCCC. You might check out the flags, which allow you to enable or disable different behavior on a certain sim. But the flags aren't designed to go into such a detailed level as to stop one single action.

You might try the MCCC autonomy scan feature to stop unwanted interactions, but there are also restrictions. A interaction blocked by that function is blocked for all sims in the game, not only for a certain one. And it's pretty cumbersome to find the particular interactions you want to block.

I don't think that's the function you're looking for.

In case you want to check out MCCC autonomy scan, you can find a explanation here:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/automation
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,101 Member
    edited August 2022
    I see the latest version of MCCC is available on Patreon, when will the general release be?
  • Options
    I see the latest version of MCCC is available on Patreon, when will the general release be?

We're at pre release no. 1 at the moment. Usually there are 4 or 5 pre releases and one RC, which is used for the translators to translate the new strings. It's just the beginning of the development process so you have to be patient. There is a lot of work to do and therefore it will still take some time until 2022.5 is published.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited August 2022
    @bonxie I remember they used to have an option where you could stop annoying actions like random flirting through MCC on the older versions, you had to click on a computer, it used to stop all those annoying actions the only one I stopped was the autonomous flirting because its super annoying. I can not find that option anymore I think it was on MCC tuner.

Edit: The current version has the mcc tuner but no way to turn off the annoying actions, I've tried looking on the sims options, pc and even tablet and laptop and can no longer find it unless I'm looking in the wrong place. ^^;

Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    BMSO wrote: »
    @bonxie I remember they used to have an option where you could stop annoying actions like random flirting through MCC on the older versions, you had to click on a computer, it used to stop all those annoying actions the only one I stopped was the autonomous flirting because its super annoying. I can not find that option anymore I think it was on MCC tuner.

Edit: The current version has the mcc tuner but no way to turn off the annoying actions, I've tried looking on the sims options, pc and even tablet and laptop and can no longer find it unless I'm looking in the wrong place. ^^;

We changed this some time ago. It's done with the automation scan and the the mc_tuner.cfg file.

Have a look at this:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/automation

There is also an example for the mc_tuner.cfg for downloading, with all of the original annoying action ID’s included within it. As an option, the player can download this and then just remove the sections they don’t want to block and add any other from the in-game UI that are needed. Note that when MC Tuner loads this file into the game and makes any changes, the remarks/sections will be removed and the clean file with only the interactions in it will remain.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    @Bonxie I see, it is a little disappointing that it won't save it for all sims keeping it permanently in the config file like it used to when you decided to wipe out your whole game and start a new save file. That was actually my favorite feature of the mod. I completely understand though. Thank you for taking the time and explaining the changes to the mod. :smile:

• Options
    BMSO wrote: »
    @Bonxie I see, it is a little disappointing that it won't save it for all sims keeping it permanently in the config file like it used to when you decided to wipe out your whole game and start a new save file. That was actually my favorite feature of the mod. I completely understand though. Thank you for taking the time and explaining the changes to the mod. :smile:

With the mc_tuner.cfg you have those settings permanently available and also for all sims, like any other MCCC setttings with the mc_settings.cfg.

Or did I misunderstand your question?
  • Options
    @Bonxie Nope, ya got it, :smile:

• Options
    NeliellNeliell Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, i'm new to using mc. I was wondering if there is a way to make some specific families to not move out from their home without making them playable households (if i do i believe i would lose some perks of mc pregnancy that i enjoy).

For example: Have the goth family always live in their default mansion and at the same time having other townies moving into empty houses. I tried to config by myself but what keeps happening is families already established moving out of their houses and other townies moving into the recently vague ones.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Neliell wrote: »
    Hello, i'm new to using mc. I was wondering if there is a way to make some specific families to not move out from their home without making them playable households (if i do i believe i would lose some perks of mc pregnancy that i enjoy).

For example: Have the goth family always live in their default mansion and at the same time having other townies moving into empty houses. I tried to config by myself but what keeps happening is families already established moving out of their houses and other townies moving into the recently vague ones.

Try the MCCC "Ancestral Home" feature from the sim's MCCC menu:
    Sim:MCCC > Sim Flags > MC Population > Flag Household as Ancestral

Unlike Sims 3 where home lots could be marked as “Ancestral”, in the Sims 4 there isn’t a way to “flag” a home lot. So, instead, I am flagging the household that lives in the lot and the household retains the ancestral nature rather than the home itself.

Flagging for Ancestral Households are not available for all Sims. Due to the fact that its purpose is to prevent Sims from autonomously marrying/moving-out/changing household names, it doesn’t make sense that it would apply to Active Sims, for example. Also, if the Sims don’t live on a lot, there is no reason to flag them as an Ancestral Household due to having no lot to be Ancestral.

Here’s some of the effects Ancestral Households have with the other modules.
    • When Sims get married, then will stay on their ancestral lot if there is not someone else there young enough to carry-on the family name. The new spouse will move in to the ancestral lot and they’ll raise their family there. The new spouse will be renamed to match the ancestral name.
    • Random pregnancies and marriages don’t work between two Ancestral Households. Those rich folk don’t like to intermarry, it seems!
    • Random pregnancies and marriages will not work between an Ancestral Household and a vampire household if “Enforce Vampire Homes” is enabled.
    • If the setting is enabled so single Sims move-out when they get old enough, if they live in an ancestral lot, they will only move-out if someone is there that can carry-on for the family.
    • If syncing married names is enabled, when syncing names on an Ancestral lot, all names are kept with the ancestral name.
    • If you try to flag a Sim in an Ancestral household as homeless, you will not be able to do so.
    • If you move the household that is flagged as ancestral to a new household lot, then that new house becomes their ancestral home. If you make them homeless, by evicting them from the neighborhood screen, then MC Cleaner will remove the ancestral flag when it runs cleanup on households next.

Basically, what I was trying to do here was allow you to take a family, like the “Goths”, flag their household as ancestral and there would be Goths as long as possible in the game. The only way there wouldn’t be any in the future is, if at some point, they manage to not get married/pregnant and everyone dies out. From my personal experience, there’s usually two siblings and their families living in the ancestral houses so I think that will be a lot less likely.
  • Options
    wingedwalkerwingedwalker Posts: 5 New Member
    :D SPEAKING OF FLAGS! (haha)

I've been playing with the new "TS4 Premade Household Tool" (by denton47) that allows you transfer edits to the game's pre-made sims (like, the Pancakes etc) to new saves. Tonight, I discovered that any MCCC flags you set on a Sim get saved when you package up your edits! I am delighted as this means less prep work to get naughty Townies behaving when I make a new save!

For example, with Realm of Magic's (infamously easily broken) Sages, I normally make sure to add flags to freeze them from moving into homes, getting married or getting jobs (activities that break their functionality as Sages). Now, however, the flags and appearances I've customized them with in MCCC are saved by the Household Tool into the sim's package.

Now, when I start a new save, I no longer have to go and add in all those flags to keep those NPCs from running amok!

I just thought I'd throw this out onto the internet in case someone else was wondering about this. It's pretty awesome.

(I'm already thinking of other Townies to add flags to, flags that will now stick between saves! Like making sure story progression stops insisting on having Don Lothario get married the first chance it gets. (Although, once, it married him and Paolo Rocca together and they adopted a stray dog and I couldn't be mad.))
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    MCCC 2022.4.2 is cleared by Deaderpool for use with patch v. 1.91.186, released August 30, 2022, no update necessary!

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Patch #Update

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top