Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Thank you!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I updated MCCC but I still can't see prom on the calendar. Should it be there? I thought it was meant to happen once a week.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    @MaggieMarley do you have other mods installed? I too have updated MCCC but still don't have Prom on the calendar (though it still happens as normal). I do have a few other mods so I'm wondering if one of them may be the culprit. I'm not going to have time in the next few days to do the 50/50 thing unfortunately.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    @loubyloulou nope just MCCC. It's the only mod that I use. No CC either. Oh right so even if it's not on the calender it will still happen? That is good to know. I am wondering if maybe you need to invite another sim to prom in order to go?
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I updated MCCC but I still can't see prom on the calendar. Should it be there? I thought it was meant to happen once a week.

Just wanted to make sure you knew that MCCC has a second update to fix that very issue of prom not showing up.
  • Options
    @loubyloulou nope just MCCC. It's the only mod that I use. No CC either. Oh right so even if it's not on the calender it will still happen? That is good to know. I am wondering if maybe you need to invite another sim to prom in order to go?

OK, good to know, thanks. Yep, Prom still happened no problem. My Sim was invited to go by her crush (love that!) but I'm guessing you'll still get the pop-up to go even if you've not been invited by, or have invited, another Sim.
  • Options
    telemwill wrote: »

Just wanted to make sure you knew that MCCC has a second update to fix that very issue of prom not showing up.

I'm on version 2022.4.2, which I think is the latest version?
  • Options
    edited July 2022

Yes I downloaded the second hotfix this morning. The notes for that hotfix was what made me aware that MCCC had likely been the cause of prom not occurring previously for me.
  • Options
    Yes, I caught that in an email from this forum early this morning. I'm updated and playing my game! Thank you.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    @Bonxie Just wanted to report that in my game MCCC seems to be stopping my sims from getting followers on social bunny. Been playing for about a week in sim time and none of my sims could get any followers at all despite posting, adding friends, tagging sims etc. MCCC is my only mod and was fully up to date (yes I downloaded the second hotfix). Just took out mccc and within a few minutes one of my my teens has 120 followers, her brother has 89 followers, and her parents also have several followers.

ETA: Actually I have just done some testing with putting MCCC back in and my sims seem to be getting followers even with it now... So maybe they just need to be on social bunny for a certain amount of time before getting followers.

A note on aging: I also noticed that when I took out my mccc my first teen went from having 5 days to go until age up to having 13 days to go. And my second teen went from having 9 days to go until age up to having 17 days to go. So MCCC seems to be affecting aging for teens somehow. I am playing on normal lifespan and with MCCC all of the lifespan settings were left at default. (Basically, with MCCC installed, the normal length for the teens lifestage is 13 days, but when you take MCCC out the normal length for the teen lifestage is about 21 days. Either the 21 days as a teen thing is a glitch or they have intentionally made the teen stage longer and MCCC is interfering with that as it is set to the old default of 13 days as a teen. Either way, Mccc seems to be overriding the new normal length of the teen lifestage as without mccc the teen lifestage on normal lifespan is 21 days and with mccc it is 13 days)

Prom: I'm still not getting prom showing up on my calendar in my game even though I believe the latest mccc hotfix was meant to fix that. Not sure if prom will actually happen this time despite that though as the weekend hasn't happened yet (it did not happen the first time round but that was before the second mccc hotfix)
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    @Bonxie Just wanted to report that in my game MCCC seems to be stopping my sims from getting followers on social bunny. Been playing for about a week in sim time and none of my sims could get any followers at all despite posting, adding friends, tagging sims etc. MCCC is my only mod and was fully up to date (yes I downloaded the second hotfix). Just took out mccc and within a few minutes one of my my teens has 120 followers, her brother has 89 followers, and her parents also have several followers.

ETA: Actually I have just done some testing with putting MCCC back in and my sims seem to be getting followers even with it now... So maybe they just need to be on social bunny for a certain amount of time before getting followers.

A note on aging: I also noticed that when I took out my mccc my first teen went from having 5 days to go until age up to having 13 days to go. And my second teen went from having 9 days to go until age up to having 17 days to go. So MCCC seems to be affecting aging for teens somehow. I am playing on normal lifespan and with MCCC all of the lifespan settings were left at default. (Basically, with MCCC installed, the normal length for the teens lifestage is 13 days, but when you take MCCC out the normal length for the teen lifestage is about 21 days. Either the 21 days as a teen thing is a glitch or they have intentionally made the teen stage longer and MCCC is interfering with that as it is set to the old default of 13 days as a teen. Either way, Mccc seems to be overriding the new normal length of the teen lifestage as without mccc the teen lifestage on normal lifespan is 21 days and with mccc it is 13 days)

Prom: I'm still not getting prom showing up on my calendar in my game even though I believe the latest mccc hotfix was meant to fix that. Not sure if prom will actually happen this time despite that though as the weekend hasn't happened yet (it did not happen the first time round but that was before the second mccc hotfix)

Thanks for the report. I forwarded it to Deaderpool to have a look into it. I will be back if I got an answer.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    edited July 2022

I'm on version 2022.4.2, which I think is the latest version?

Correct. Here is the link to my announcement:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18160418/#Comment_18160418

(don't know why the important posts are always the last one on the previous page :D)
  • Options
    dawgminddawgmind Posts: 5 New Member
    First of all apologies for not taking this to Discord. I have tried several times to figure out how Discord works but I couldn't wrap my head around it for the life of me, was never able to find out where to post things or how even the forum structure works over there.
    I am currently seeing a weird issue in MCCC with the "Set Days in Age Span" function, and was wondering if anyone could check if they're seeing the same thing since the update/new pack?
    Just before installing the new patch & pack I went through my save and set it from Long Age Span to Normal Age Span, and then went and adjusted all age spans via MCCC (previously I found that whatever agespan was set in MCCC was quadrupled under long life span, so to accommodate for the age glitch I switched to normal age and increased all my ages times 4). I then made sure all the sims in my household were still the same amount of days away from aging up as they were previously and adjusted it via "Set Days in Age Span", that worked all well and as expected.
    Now after installing the patch & HS pack, I wanted to adjust the "Days in Age Span" for one of my Elder Sims and found a very weird issue across all of my sims. Example for the Elder:
    Elder Age Span duration is set at 448 days (confirmed this within MCCC on the computer, and also checked the mc_settings.cfg file). When I click the MCCC menu on the Elder Sim to check his time left, it said "Days left 32 Days including 0 Bonus Days" in the main menu.
    Now when I went into "Set Days in Age Span" to add some days to his Age, I found something very weird. It says:
    Minimum Value: 0, Maximum Value 14336(!), when the Maximum Value should say 448? Also, his current days said something like 14192, not 14304 as expected if you subtract 32.
    I have checked my children and YA sims in the same household, and they too have veeerry high numbers in the thousands, even though the actual agespans aren't nearly as long as that. And for them as well, the "Days left in lifespan" visible when you open the MCCC Sim Menu doesn't match the value under "Set Days in Age Span".
    My question is: is this a me issue, is this a glitch with the new MCCC update, or did the new patch mess up something within MCCC and it will be corrected? Thank you!
  • Options
    I have to report back. Initially resume school wasn't showing up on the first hot fix. I got support over at Discord, and I removed all other mods. Voila, resume school was available again. Phew! I thought I had set every school age Sim in my game. I added back the mods I need, and the cc hair, so Kayleigh doesn't walk around bald. Then realized there was one Child I missed. Holding my breath I discovered resume school was right where it was supposed to be. I'm thinking now, one of the mods I did NOT return to my folder is the culprit. But, I selected the mods I needed the most, and all is well. :)
  • Options

Hey, Maggie Marley. Here is the answer from Deaderpool:
    Deaderpool wrote:
    1) Sounds like EA changed the way followers worked to me to require Social Bunny. Would not be a suprise.

2) Aging. The only thing MCCC would do to change aging is if they have custom age spans settings, then removing MCCC would change the ages of the Sims, like they said. From 5 to 13 or whatever. It's perfectly normal for Sims ages to change when removing a mod that they have custom age spans in use. Also, MCCC can disable the random aging, if they have that setting set in MCCC and if they remove it, random aging is turned back on which could have effects as well.

3) MCCC doesn't "re-add" prom to the calendar. There's no way for that to happen. If they go through and save their game with Prom removed from the calendar, it doesn't get re-added by getting the new version of MCCC that no longer removes it.

I don't see anything in any of what they're reporting that sounds like verifiable MCCC issues versus just the way things always work or the way it works.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    MCCC is not displaying ages correctly in my game, but the game seems to be acting according to what I set and not what the MCCC panel displays.

I played a household for a few days without mods to let the dust settle after the update. I was watching the game's display of the aging bar carefully to make sure that I wasn't having the aging bug. So I know that my YA sim's age prior to reinstalling the newest version of MCCC was 17 days, and my settings for custom lifespans is 36 days for young adult. Since reinstalling, when I click on the sim to view the MCCC panel, it says his age is 25/54 days. I clicked on a computer and confirmed that my settings are for 36 days. I changed the setting to 40 to see what would happen, and that changed his info panel to say 25/57 days. When I changed it back he showed 25/54 again.

However, when I look at the calendar his birthday is shown as 19 days from now, which would be mathematically correct for the 17/36 that should be his true age, and incorrect for 25/54.

This may be the same thing as @dawgmind mentioned above but with smaller numbers, I'm not sure. I haven't checked any stage other than YA because that's all I have in the household I'm playing at the moment.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    @dawgmind
    @Daephene

There is a statement from Deaderpool regarding this topic on Discord, I want to quote for your:
    Deaderpool wrote:
    ..., but EA just changed the way ages work. So if you take MCCC out and put it back in, you're changing the way aging is happening with and without mods. It's not unusual for ages to change in that case. Random age setting is another example on that I mentioned.

I mean, it's one thing if you leave the mod IN and the ages change but it's not if you take it out and put it back in. That's not unexpected at all...

Also, though, like we've been talking about. EA changed the way aging works. I fixed the errors that were caused as a result, but I don't know that the age being displayed in MCCC Sim dialog is right now because they no longer use the multiplier the way they did before. I just fixed it so it wasn't getting an error, so anyone basing any sort of age problem analysis on that is using wrong data as well.

Hope, that this clarfies things a bit. We have to live with it for the time being, until we could develop more insight, of what's going on the game.
  • Options
    dawgminddawgmind Posts: 5 New Member
    Thank you Bonxie for keeping us in the loop here, and thank you Daephene for confirming it looks like we‘re seeing the same issue, albeit yes my numbers are much higher, but then I have my age spans to quite high numbers. And to reiterate what you said, despite the weird numbers showing in the „days in age span“ window, my Sims seem to be aging up on the expected days according to the calendar, so it seems to be a display issue in that window.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    @Bonxie just wanted to make you aware that the latest patch changed the length of various life stages. On normal lifespan, the teen life stage used to be 13 days but since the patch it is 21 days. Young adult has gone from 21 days to 24 days. Adult has gone from 24 days to 33 days. Not sure about the elder stage but that has probably increased too. Toddler and child appear to have remained the same, however. EA Cade has confirmed that these changes are intentional:
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Martinv wrote: »
    How long *should* the teen lifestage now be on normal lifespan? Because on normal lifespan the teen lifestage is now 21 days long (it used to be 13). Is this an intentional increase or a glitch?

Teens on normal should be 14 days; unless they changed it.

Right now I'm taking advantage of the glitch. One of my stories is that one of my sims (Nancy Drew) kidnapped the Prescott sisters so they don't age without me knowing since I planned to play with those sims anyway.

It's now 21 days.

@luthienrising is this intentional though? Or is it a glitch? You'd have thought that if it were intentional it'd have been mentioned somewhere in the patch notes but there's nothing about it there.

It isn't just the teen lifestage which has changed either. The young adult and adult life stages are now also longer (young adult has gone from 21 days to 24 days on normal lifespan and adult has gone from 24 days to 33 days. Those are some pretty major increases. If it was intentional, why weren't we warned?

@MaggieMarley Wow! Those are significant changes to the length of the life stages on normal lifespan. I wonder why the lifespan changes were not announced in the patch notes? Anyone know? @EA_Cade ?

Hiya,

Not sure why this wasn't called out in the patch notes, but yes these re-tuned lifespans were an intentional change.

The problem is that MCCC's 'default' lengths for each lifestage are still set to the OLD EA defaults- I.e. to how long the teen/YA/Adullt life stages were before the patch. The MCCC defaults are overriding the new EA defaults. So, if you have MCCC installed and have it set to EA defaults for all of the life stage lengths, then your teens will only be teens for 13 days (whereas they should now be teens for 21 days), your young adults will only be young adults for 21 days (whereas they should now be YAs for 24 days) and your adults will only be adults for 24 days (whereas they should now be adults for 33 days). And if the elder stage has likewise increased, then your elders will also not be living for as long as they now should be.

A temporary fix is of course for the player to manually change the length of each life stage in MCCC to the new Ea default lengths, but I thought I should mention this issue so that the MCCC default lengths can be changed to match the new EA default lengths.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I just wanted to add a note about prom. I couldn't get it to show up in my game until I turned aging off. I don't think it not showing up has anything to do with Mc Command Center as much as it has to do with aging.
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    I asked before about if it is possible to increase the numbers of teens in school, but it did not work. I tried that and it is still 20 limit. Hopefully in the future.
  • Options
    BsteveyBstevey Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm almost certain you answered this question but i cant seem to find it. How do i stop my townies from randomly moving around?
  • Options
    MCCC 2022.4.2 is cleared by Deaderpool for use with patch v. 1.90.375, released August 2, 2022, no update necessary!

There have been no errors reported so far after that EA update.
    Everything seems to work as expected.

Find the download link on this page:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases

Alternative DL site, just in case you're facing issues.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-2022-69613054 - FREE DOWNLOAD!

If you are a Legacy user, stay on MCCC version 6.6.0.
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-6-6-0-31490960 - FREE DOWNLOAD!

You might also have a look at @luthienrising's post regarding broken mods and CC:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/997549/broken-updated-mods-cc-feb-2022-patch/p1

If you have any questions please ask,
    or visit our Discord: https://discord.gg/mccc

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Patch #Update
  • Options
    Bstevey wrote: »
    I'm almost certain you answered this question but i cant seem to find it. How do i stop my townies from randomly moving around?

Try this setting with a high value from an in game computer MCCC menu:
    Computer:MCCC > MC Population > Moving Settings > Open Houses
    When moving homeless Sims into empty lots, this setting defines how many lots in the world should be left unoccupied. Setting this to a high number like 50 will prevent move-ins by homeless Sims. Additionally, individual lots can be edited and if the number of beds is set to zero in the Lot Info, then no Sims will move into the house.

You might also check the other settings in Computer:MCCC > MC Population > Moving Settings
  • Options
    Chimp2678 wrote: »
    I asked before about if it is possible to increase the numbers of teens in school, but it did not work. I tried that and it is still 20 limit. Hopefully in the future.

We don't have any HYS specific settings, commands and cheats in the current MCCC version.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top