Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aging with 7/26/2022 patch

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    Hopefully soon. It makes the game unplayable for me.
    Yeah, I’m afraid to even go into my games…… they are rotational, and my main game has been around since 2014…… I hope they fix this bug quickly. One reason I don’t use CC and mods is because I would rather not deal with problems like this. I want to be able to update my game right away and play it after a patch without worrying about stuff like this. I don’t use cheats much either….. only MOO occasionally.
  • Options
    misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,267 Member
    This is one reason I save often in my sims game, so I can go back to a point in my game and continue without issues or what bug caused issues in the game. Until they fix it, I'll just goof around in a new folder without any of my sims in it.
    new.png
  • Options
    misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,267 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Hey all,

This was reported on Twitter as well and we've filed a bug report for it.

Please report this on Answers HQ here for tracking.

Edit: Updated link to bug report.

Thanks for the update
    new.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

Could you copy the solutions and post here? I don’t have twitch and it kicks me off.

@SheriSim57

Solution

The most important thing now is to make a backup of your save if you haven’t done so. If your save is already affected you can try load one of the automatic backups.

After that you have a few possibilities on how to proceed. I really hope EA is giving us an emergency patch for this soon.
    Without Mod

Do not play any save games that you play on long until EA fixes this bug. Play a new save instead and choose normal length. This is the safest option as there might be more hidden issues with this.
    Disable aging on this save. Make sure to load the game through the Load button and then change the setting in your options before loading the household. Make sure the the aging is set to normal and then turn it off.
    Play on normal lifespan. The Sims won’t live as long but at least you’re not affected by the bug.
    I don’t recommend playing on short lifespan

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2022/07/sims-randomly-age-after-loading-into-live-mode/
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Is this supposed to happen right away or does it take a few simhours or so?

I'm testing my main save, and my young adults (as I'm typing this, at least) still have between 9-18 days before they age to adult stage.
    They're very fond of their cellphones, though. I'm playing on console.

As bug report enter to CAS then after exiit from CAS sims will be aged-up
    Ah, thanks. Missed that. Tried it out, and there it was. Guess my main Sims will take another break.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    KbobsterKbobster Posts: 157 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    How do you not update your game.? Doesn't Origin automatically update TS4? At least that's what happens for me. I didn't think you could launch the game without updating.

I believe it is under Origin. Go to Origin, not Sims.
  • Options
    KbobsterKbobster Posts: 157 Member
    I really hope they fix the bug soon! I'm not experiencing any issues, but I don't want issues later AND I want to go back to old my games. So many of y'all are having issues. That is crazy. I think the developers underestimated how complicated this patch is. They pretty much re-coded some parts of the game.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    edited July 2022
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

Could you copy the solutions and post here? I don’t have twitch and it kicks me off.

@SheriSim57

Solution

The most important thing now is to make a backup of your save if you haven’t done so. If your save is already affected you can try load one of the automatic backups.

After that you have a few possibilities on how to proceed. I really hope EA is giving us an emergency patch for this soon.
    Without Mod

Do not play any save games that you play on long until EA fixes this bug. Play a new save instead and choose normal length. This is the safest option as there might be more hidden issues with this.
    Disable aging on this save. Make sure to load the game through the Load button and then change the setting in your options before loading the household. Make sure the the aging is set to normal and then turn it off.
    Play on normal lifespan. The Sims won’t live as long but at least you’re not affected by the bug.
    I don’t recommend playing on short lifespan

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2022/07/sims-randomly-age-after-loading-into-live-mode/

@simgirl1010
    Thanks so much for the info and link. I have not updated my game yet, but all my main games are on long life span set to off, so I will make sure I go into origin and turn my online to off, then go in and make back up copies and change them to normal and off. Think if I do play I will just not go in while Origin is online, except that I do want the extra objects that the HSY is coming with so I hope they have this fixed before that expires.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    So I don't know if this would work for everyone but if you use MCCC and have custom aging it will go back to normal with this mod I kept from last time this happened. https://easyupload.io/3qyq2o But I stress that it might not work for everyone so use it at your own risk. Also save your games before trying it so you don't lose your favorite sims.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited July 2022
    Without reading all of this thread and Twitter is no help at all as everyone is complaining of the patch breaking everything and suddenly they discover it’s due to cc or a mod. Can anyone confirm if this is affecting vanilla saves (no mods or cc) and with ageing off? I don’t want to play and it affects my game.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    Without reading all of this thread and Twitter is no help at all as everyone is complaining of the patch breaking everything and suddenly they discover it’s due to cc or a mod. Can anyone confirm if this is affecting vanilla saves (no mods or cc) and with ageing off? I don’t want to play and it affects my game.

It affects vanilla games set on long lifespan whether or not aging is turned on or off.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/home/leaving?allowTrusted=1&target=https%3A%2F%2Fsims4.crinrict.com%2Feng%2F2022%2F07%2Fsims-randomly-age-after-loading-into-live-mode%2F
  • Options
    DarrenDarren Posts: 129 Member
    Lydz8_0 wrote: »
    Everyone is talking about aging up, has anyone had an issue with aging backwards? Updated my game n went into my house with mum n 3 daughters. Mum n daughter #1 are fine but the 2 teens have aged backwards. Teen #1 was 4 days away from y/a and now she is 11. Teen #2 was 10 and now is 17 days away. Saved game n went to their cousin's house and she has also aged backwards by a week. Mum, dad and younger child sis are fine. Not sure what happened? Anyone with insights would be helpful. I have no mods or cc, the gender bit in CAS works and so does wants n fears (tbh, they look like whims but I can't cancel them)

Do you play on short lifespans by chance?
  • Options
    telemwill wrote: »

It affects vanilla games set on long lifespan whether or not aging is turned on or off.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/home/leaving?allowTrusted=1&target=https%3A%2F%2Fsims4.crinrict.com%2Feng%2F2022%2F07%2Fsims-randomly-age-after-loading-into-live-mode%2F

Though mine was on normal I just have custom aging from MCCC so that isn't exactly true because it still affected me.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

Ah this is what I was worried about I have long lifespan with aging off for all played and unplayed households. I think I will wait for an emergency patch on this as it will massively affect my saves.
  • Options
    edited July 2022

Though mine was on normal I just have custom aging from MCCC so that isn't exactly true because it still affected me.

To be fair, I was answering a question about vanilla games. I don't know how MCCC is affecting games. I do also have custom aging, but I'm not opening my game until it's sorted out. I do know that MCCC has been updated, but I don't know if it's still a problem in the updated version.

Sorry if my answer was confusing!
  • Options
    edited July 2022

To be fair, I was answering a question about vanilla games. I don't know how MCCC is affecting games. I do also have custom aging, but I'm not opening my game until it's sorted out. I do know that MCCC has been updated, but I don't know if it's still a problem in the updated version.

I know but the game is on normal aging and yet it still affected my game. So I don't know if that is even accurate that normal is working. I know if you start from scratch with your Sims 4 folder it goes back to normal. But like I said you would need to start all over. So I am not sure where everyone is getting this information that normal isn't affected.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

I know but the game is on normal aging and yet it still affected my game. So I don't know if that is even accurate that normal is working. I know if you start from scratch with your Sims 4 folder it goes back to normal. But like I said you would need to start all over. So I am not sure where everyone is getting this information that normal isn't affected.

Sorry I asked specifically about ageing off with no mods and cc as I’ve heard little about this. Hence the post from the simmer. I didn’t know it’s affecting normal lifespan too both with and without mods. This seems such a bad bug and so ironic just before a teen pack comes out.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I can't believe that they ruin the launch of their most important EP this way. How could they oversee this for the second time? Why does such a dangerous patch drop just 2 days before the big date?
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    They are working on it, so fingers crossed 🤞🏻 for a quick fix.

Fingers crossed! I'd like to be able to play HSY when it drops but right now I'm too afraid to patch.

Having said that, I really do feel for the poor folks over at EA who must be frantically working overtime to try and sort this. I can't imagine the stress they are under.
  • Options

Ok, I get you. The link I gave was from the help site. So I would head over there to let them know.

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    They are working on it, so fingers crossed 🤞🏻 for a quick fix.

Fingers crossed! I'd like to be able to play HSY when it drops but right now I'm too afraid to patch.

Having said that, I really do feel for the poor folks over at EA who must be frantically working overtime to try and sort this. I can't imagine the stress they are under.

Yeah, I agree. Someone on Twitter said these big patches should drop a week prior to a pack and that seems like a good idea. This isn’t the first time a big patch has reeked havoc and won’t be the last I suppose and I am sure they’re working like crazy to fix it.
  • Options
    wrathykinswrathykins Posts: 23 Member
    Hope they resolve this soon, I was trying to prep my current save ready for HSY tomorrow! On the upside, I was planning on creating a new save to explore HSY and figure out how it all works anyway! I feel bad for EA, I can only imagine the stress :open_mouth:
  • Options
    KaijuLadyKaijuLady Posts: 1 New Member
    This is horrible. No mods or cc, and age-up is happening on super speed since patch. New family, both mother and father started off as new young adults. They're constantly aging up to adult within a day or two. I can fix this in cas, but they recently had a daughter. She just aged up from a baby to a toddler...went to sleep her first night as a toddler and woke up to age up to a child! Been fixing the parents in cas, as I said, but when I set the daughter back to a toddler, all her skills reset to level 1 again! Unplayable!