Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aging with 7/26/2022 patch

crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
Is anyone else seeing their sims on the brink of aging up since getting the update? I resumed playing a household with an elder and he died right away, a teenager who had just aged up on my last save is ready to age into a young adult, and a young adult vampire (who is immortal) now has a completely green age bar. I decided to check a family that I never play and as soon as I played the household everyone aged up.

Comments

• Options
    MysimsmakecakesMysimsmakecakes Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi
    So I have a set of twins on my sims game (they were born rather than created) they were ready to age into young adults so I threw a birthday party and aged them up with a cake each. All was good, I got them jobs etc but then I suddenly got a notification that one of the twins was now an adult. So I now have a set of twins where one has just turned into a young adult and the other has just turned into an adult. Now I won't have time to do all the things I want to do before she ages into an elder. Any idea why it would do that? Is it a glitch?
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Hi there! Are you playing with any mods or CC's? :|
  • Options
    No, just the standard game
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2015
    Hi
    So I have a set of twins on my sims game (they were born rather than created) they were ready to age into young adults so I threw a birthday party and aged them up with a cake each. All was good, I got them jobs etc but then I suddenly got a notification that one of the twins was now an adult. So I now have a set of twins where one has just turned into a young adult and the other has just turned into an adult. Now I won't have time to do all the things I want to do before she ages into an elder. Any idea why it would do that? Is it a glitch?

Isn't this an effect of one of the aspirations? I know I have several the games says they are an adult but I created them as YA and it was due to their aspiration.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    I'm not sure. I don't think it's happened before in any of my games
  • Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    That has never happened to me. But to solve this just type in "testingcheats true" and then "cas.fulleditmode" and then enter house management and edit that family in CAS (age down to young adult). I don't know if you know this or not, but since you worry about how to solve this I just guess you don't know this.
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    pythonpunkgirlpythonpunkgirl Posts: 240 Member
    NatKingSim wrote: »
    That has never happened to me. But to solve this just type in "testingcheats true" and then "cas.fulleditmode" and then enter house management and edit that family in CAS (age down to young adult). I don't know if you know this or not, but since you worry about how to solve this I just guess you don't know this.

Just wanted to add:
    If testingcheats true doesn't work, try testingcheats on (that is what I have to do for it to work).
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    Do you have any mods that change the age spans?
  • Options
    No mods at all.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited July 2022
    I'm having the same issue, even after I removed my mods and repaired the game. For me it happens when I take a Sim into CAS, after leaving CAS.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    Ive turned off auto aging to fix the issue for now.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,333 EA Community Manager
    edited July 2022
    Hey all,

This was reported on Twitter as well and we've filed a bug report for it.

Please report this on Answers HQ here for tracking.

Edit: Updated link to bug report.
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I have this bug too and for me it also happened after leaving CAS.
  • Options
    batter6batter6 Posts: 1 New Member
    My game had updated and when I went in, my sim randomly aged into an elder despite having 38 days left (long life span). I went into CAS, got out of it, then my other sim aged to an elder. I reverted them back in CAS, but I am furious because I don't want to go into the game and constantly worry if they are going to age up randomly
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    This happened in the first family I played - an elder died and his wife aged up. I had changed sexual orientation in CAS for both of them. Nothing happened to their daughter. I didn't save but tried again from scratch without entering CAS and seems OK.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Has anyone had this happen with aging off?
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I'm actually glad I didn't allow myself to get too excited about this update even though I wanted these changes in sexual orientation for years now. I can't do any gameplay until this aging bug is fixed. I need to go into CAS all the time and even with aging turned off, days are still added to the age meter and it apparently also happens to households I am not actively playing at the time. I exited without saving and had my saves backed up anyway, but this is unfortunate.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I saw a few people saying it aged up every sim in their game, I just checked mine and thankfully my sims didn't age up but I do believe this is an early bug. I'm not sure if having my game as "aging off" kept it from happening but yeah quite a few are reporting this
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I've not patched yet, but from the back of my head - wasn't there a similar glitch a couple years ago? Problem mostly occurred after saving a sim in CAS, I think. Maybe it's an old thing that woke up again?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Some are saying it's also happening when you leave the lot with only part of the household. The ones remaining at home aged up.

Wouldn't you know that I, who have only played with aging off previously, experimented with leaving it on for the played household just before this update! And left it on! I'm not playing til we get a hotfix. Murphy's law, I guess.
  • Options
    SailorgreenylizSailorgreenyliz Posts: 107 Member
    edited July 2022
    I noticed it did the aging thing as well. I had just aged the husband of my sim a few sim days before into an adult (long lifespan) and the mother and two children daughters, not twins, both had the age up action queued. My sim also came home from work early for some reason though the children are still at school. They just had another baby so I can't see her age bar, but I did see her birthday had moved on the calendar. The first time this happened after I went to cas to change body hair and sexual orientation of the parents. It only happened to my sim and the children when I had the husband be the one using the mirror. I also tried turning aging off and reloaded the old save then saved a new save, reloaded and the bar was still up to ready to age for the three. went to the mirror as my sim and when came out husband who was just aged into adult was ready to age into an elder. Once I even just saved a new game, went back to menu and loaded it and they were ready for aging so didn't even go into cas for it to happen. First time it happened no mods at all (even disabled), tried to see if mcc would fix it but it's broken anyway so its been taken out again.

Edit to add: I tried loading the old save, turning aging to normal in the hood. Loaded into the house and checked the ages. Saved as to make a new save, left to menu and resumed game and everyone was on the ages they had been. This glitch may be effecting long lifespan only from what I noticed of all the reports.
    Origin ID - Sailorgreenyliz
    - Sims 4 Legacy The Green Legacy
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I went to CAS several times and so far nobody aged one day.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Looks like the aging bug affects long lifespan.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I'm a rotational player so I checked all the households that I regularly play and they are all ready to age up. I also checked with randomly generated families that were placed in empty homes, they are also ready to age up.I didn't have to go into CAS or do anything else for this to happen. Turning aging off seems to help me so far.