Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aging with 7/26/2022 patch

167891012...Next

Comments

• LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited August 2022
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Hey all,

The patch that went live yesterday on PC/Mac does resolve the aging bug for new saves, unfortunately it cannot resolve the issue for saves that were hit with this issue already.

Also be aware that all lifespans were retuned with the release of the latest base game update.

You all literally told players to either continue playing on 'normal' lifespan or with aging turned off... so, many of us did just that... and now you're basically telling us our saves are permanently broken and there's nothing you can do? What a joke!

You need to fix this problem. What you gave us was a partial fix. We need a FULL fix!

Paralives is looking better and better! :)
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    @EA_Cade Screenshots from my new save for your info:
    oSucmtj.png
    ziqmnsD.png
  • _jodielaura_jodielaura Posts: 19 Member
    I would check your mods if you have them because I’ve just updated my game (console) and I tested it (I saved my game multiple times while the ageing was broken) and my game is absolutely fine. No one is ageing up, no one has any days added. They’re right where I left them age wise so I’d check mods especially if you have MCC because they’ve changed the amount of days in each life span so that could be causing conflicts
    edited August 2022
    I would check your mods if you have them because I’ve just updated my game (console) and I tested it (I saved my game multiple times while the ageing was broken) and my game is absolutely fine. No one is ageing up, no one has any days added. They’re right where I left them age wise so I’d check mods especially if you have MCC because they’ve changed the amount of days in each life span so that could be causing conflicts

The only mods i have are MCCC and the pose by packs and custom content such as walls and objects and no other mods.
  • ConstantineSnowConstantineSnow Posts: 2 New Member
    > @crebo19 said:
    > Is anyone else seeing their sims on the brink of aging up since getting the update? I resumed playing a household with an elder and he died right away, a teenager who had just aged up on my last save is ready to age into a young adult, and a young adult vampire (who is immortal) now has a completely green age bar. I decided to check a family that I never play and as soon as I played the household everyone aged up.

Yes, my sims are ready to age up, all of them, and doors can't be placed anywhere AT ALL. Whennnn is an update that solves the issues coming? Gahhh
  • flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    @ConstantineSnow @crebo19

I made a bug report on the bug forum about this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-age-up-on-first-load-days-added-once-on-load Maybe you can click "me too" to give it a push.

Are you also on short lifespan?
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    Whenever a new pack is coming out I start a new game. I label it Test for Teens or something appropriate. Then if something goes wrong, I can wait until they fix it and then dump the game if necessary, and go back to playing with my normal saves.

Do you honestly think testers can find every flaw. They probably don't play with mods in their game and I used to test with aging off. So I wouldn't have picked up on the aging bug if it were me testing. Either back up your saves or make a testing game to protect your long term games. I think that this is the best expansion pack they have ever made.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited August 2022
    lori171957 wrote: »
    Whenever a new pack is coming out I start a new game. I label it Test for Teens or something appropriate. Then if something goes wrong, I can wait until they fix it and then dump the game if necessary, and go back to playing with my normal saves.

Do you honestly think testers can find every flaw. They probably don't play with mods in their game and I used to test with aging off. So I wouldn't have picked up on the aging bug if it were me testing. Either back up your saves or make a testing game to protect your long term games. I think that this is the best expansion pack they have ever made.

I agree that there will always be a risk of bugs no matter how well the new dlc is tested. I also suspect that a great deal of frustration comes from simmers using mods, I even saw simmers stating they did not have mods, but later figured they had some cc they did not think was a mod. But that said, in this case EA adjusted the coding for lifestages, something that is normally not affected by new packs, so I really think EA should have told testers: "Do test HSY with aging ON because we made changes to life stages". There ought to be some communication between EA and testers re what parts of the game got new coding. Each pack should not be tested in the same way...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • _jodielaura_jodielaura Posts: 19 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »

The only mods i have are MCCC and the pose by packs and custom content such as walls and objects and no other mods.

MCC has been causing issues because it still uses the old lifespan settings and not the new ones. I don’t know if that is definitely the issue but I saw some people say it was causing their ageing sims

edited August 2022

MCC has been causing issues because it still uses the old lifespan settings and not the new ones. I don’t know if that is definitely the issue but I saw some people say it was causing their ageing sims

@EA_Cade @_jodielaura Oh wow you were right! I took MCCC out and my sim self now is at 73 days until aging up, where as with the recent version of MCCC he had 9 days until aging up!

EDIT: Just checked out the new save i made earlier and aging with the new character in that save is fine as well with out MCCC!
    CW6Cixr.png
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 995 Member
    When I did a save as to create a new save for the game I played pre-patch 2 my game continued bugless. I switched from normal lifespan, aging off to long lifespan aging on and no bugs occurred except some of the parents of my teens reverted to being young adults at the beginning of the range so I upped them to adult with the CAS cheat. My old saves, unplayed versions saved pre the first patch are all fine.
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    edited August 2022

That’s one way to do it. I always back up my saves on external drive and put it away. Then I play with my regular saves. If all is good then great and if not I know that my old saves won’t be affected.
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member

Funny thing is, there was a video on this, and it's been shown that they've been hiring less and less QA staff from the early packs to the newest packs (i.e... Wedding Stories). So, they can't find every flaw because they didn't spend any money for people to look for them.
  • flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    > @EA_Cade said:
    > Heya.
    >
    > I don't believe we've shared all the updated values as of yet. I'll poke around and see if I can get a full list.

Thank you.

I would also really appreciate to learn about the reasoning about this change and especially why it wasn't made for short lifespan. So far it seems only normal got some weird adjustments (making it longer) and short is even 2 days shorter now (?!)

What does that mean for highschool on short lifespan? Does that even work?
    I would really like to get the HSY pack, but if it's even worse on short lifespan because this has not been taken into consideration than that would be a bummer :(
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Hey all,

The patch that went live yesterday on PC/Mac does resolve the aging bug for new saves, unfortunately it cannot resolve the issue for saves that were hit with this issue already.

Also be aware that all lifespans were retuned with the release of the latest base game update.

@EA_Cade will there be a fix for saves that were hit by this?
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    honestly as a player that plays with aging off and with the mccc mod install i see nothing wrong i find it more fun playing the game with aging fully turn off in the game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • CiralindeCiralinde Posts: 81 Member
    edited August 2022
    rudolpha wrote: »
    When I did a save as to create a new save for the game I played pre-patch 2 my game continued bugless. I switched from normal lifespan, aging off to long lifespan aging on and no bugs occurred except some of the parents of my teens reverted to being young adults at the beginning of the range so I upped them to adult with the CAS cheat. My old saves, unplayed versions saved pre the first patch are all fine.

Can confirm this. It appears that most of my sims have had their ages set back 10 days or more. But at first glance, I can't make any sense of it. Some of the sims had less days subtracted than others. And most sims that were about 70 days away from their birthday, are now set back to 86. And Dominic Fyres, his days remained unchanged. These were just a couple of households, so it varies wildly it seems?

Lifespan is long of course. Also no strangeness upon entering and exiting CAS so far *knocks on wood*

Edit: So Cecilia Kang lost 2 days, but Liberty and Travis have gained a whopping 22 days! :o
  • chileno99chileno99 Posts: 9 New Member
    can someone help my sim cant have romantic relations
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    My save was fine after the update with auto aging turned off and a normal life span.

After another update, I encountered severe lag and will be creating a new save.

When I save my game, the game sends me to the main menu.

I play on console so I can’t use mods.

I think people were encountering problems with their mods.
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    Hey all,

You all literally told players to either continue playing on 'normal' lifespan or with aging turned off... so, many of us did just that... and now you're basically telling us our saves are permanently broken and there's nothing you can do? What a joke!

You need to fix this problem. What you gave us was a partial fix. We need a FULL fix!

Paralives is looking better and better! :)

:D Technically, he is Not Simguru, he is the Personification of EA. So no point of saying any game technicality to him. Whether understand or not.
    :o We All Being Monitored!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    edited August 2022
    I don't know if anyone has shared these here on the forum, but I found charts that compare the lifespan changes.

y4mJzf2lxKNnDb2hZitWeLGwH51NrTdxqU4xIXNTtVPhjxveAZ590vfEWa58kA2pHGmGixdDFOwBdRAMxyQ_NWhFrdkGVrLryED6YLyEvNY4gtBUTlcVhwEipeRFkVllTODh6e-cyAW6c_2jzFp4CZbYPZkfDiOak9_b1-IAieLSVENFYX0mzXZqZYxoZuQ-jbU?width=600&height=318&cropmode=none
    Sims Community
    Answer HQ
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    Lulu29 wrote: »

There's been an update and I'm just about to switch the game on and see if its fixed this issue. The way I'm feeling at the moment it is putting me off playing the game. It feels like I'm wasting time fulfilling wants just to get the "Potion of Youth" to try and turn them back into Young Adults again!

A new update today? (3rd August?)

Yes. :) It seems to have stopped them from aging prematurely (at least on my end.) Sorry for the late reply!