Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aging with 7/26/2022 patch

Comments

• Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Hope they fix this soon. I still haven't updated my game and have been playing in offline mode until this issue is resolved.
  • Options
    crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I'm so glad I only play vanilla on my PC. :p I don't have the aging problem. However, I do have the aging totally turned off for all sims & have the wants/fears off also. ;)

I also play without mods so they aren't the problem. Since I turned off aging I've created a new family and moved them in to a house, they dont have the aging problem.
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    Crinrict just confirmed that vampires/immortals are age glitching just like other sims, so flagging a sim immortal will not help with the age glitch.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    It's kind of Murphy's law this, when they release a patch with body hairs and sexual preferences which automatically make take my Sims in to CAS. I was kind of lucky that I chose to play with my Wolvies yesterday and not my big major save. One of my Sims aged up to an elder suddenly and I thought maybe I forgot who old he was since I borrowed him from my big save don't know what happened to my other Wolvies. I am also concerend about the HS pack. With aging off they will be in high school forever...
  • Options
    jmac2727jmac2727 Posts: 306 Member
    Honestly I don't think this will be playable for awhile.... fortunately by then the price will have gone down :) ... I think this is one I'm gonna wait for them to fix before I give them any money for it... why buy something broken when you can buy it later fixed...and for less money...
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Not that I need to worry about it because I'm still playing offline waiting for a few fixes, but for people that use MCCC and have already updated the game there is a temporary solution. You can change the number of days sims live in normal game mode to equal long life spans.

Go to a computer> MC Command Center > MCCC Settings > Set Age Span Duration

I know it's not ideal, but it's an option if you just don't want to wait for the patch.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    I was scared to log all the way in but the aging bug warning message is no longer showing for me when I launch. Has it been patched, because I didn't notice Origin loading in another patch?

*Edit* and I never ran into the new "fame bug" ... should I wait longer or is it safe.....

Two game breaking bugs in the latest patch... Maxis must be trying to outdo themselves hehe.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    No, there would be a patch - and a thread.
  • Options
    So why did they remove the warning? ...
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    No idea. Maybe because it's all over the place now? I don't work for EA.
  • Options
    If they knowingly took the warning down even though the bug (which does ruin games) was still there..... Wow... just wow... that's a new level of low right there
  • Options
    The warning message at game launch is gone.. but I'm hearing the bug is still there, can anyone else confirm?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Your game is probably set up so it knows you've seen that warning now.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Nope... Logged in and my elders still instantly die... still 100% broken, and now with no warnings .... priceless, really brings into focus the state of the gaming industry today.
  • Options
    crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    jmac2727 wrote: »
    The warning message at game launch is gone.. but I'm hearing the bug is still there, can anyone else confirm?

I have auto age set no No and lifespan set to Normal that has "fixed" the bug for me but I am afraid to go back to a Long lifespan to see if the bug has been resolved. Lol
  • Options
    Changing my life cycle is not an option for me, it's a multi year generational playthrough... changing the age at this point would mess all kinds of things up. I bit the bullet and loaded in, all my elders instantly died so yeah... still broken. Thank goodness I didn't buy the expansion, if just the patch is causing this many problems I can only imagine how bad the expansion features are going to be.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Has anyone notice this new bug if you have laundry day stuffpack and washer dryer in your sims household seem sims can no longer wash clothes since the july 26 2022 patch? only option avlable is put from hamper in washer and move from washer to dryer
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I think I had that bug before and selling and rebuying the washing machine fixed it. Kind of tedious to have to install all the upgrades again though.

*edit* Should mention this was well before the patch though
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,449 Member
    I have to agree with @luthienrising, it was probably set up so that after seeing the warning so many times (say 5 or 6) players should know about the bug and that it's being worked on. They did their part in warning folks, so I don't feel it's a "new low" for them. And, if they had it there constantly players would likely get annoyed always having to "x" out of it. Just my two (senior) cents, for what it's worth.
  • Options
    thelawtmanthelawtman Posts: 1,424 Member
    It only appeared once for me. Logged in this afternoon and told me. I have logged back in and out about 6 times since then and nothing. I figured it was just a one and done like usual.
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,449 Member
    @thelawtman hmm, I got it about 5 or 6 times.
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    so my issue in addition to the aging and celebrity thing is that if I go into CAS (i'm on normal lifespan, no aging on) - when I come out of CAS time has reversed. I went in on Wednesday morning at 5 am and came out on Monday at 12:34 am - looking at the calender I am back to the first/second day of the season. These bugs are beyond believe and hard to believe they weren't caught before release. So much for any saves - it's not worth the aggravation.

This is when they should have given the option on Origin to roll back to a previous patch and auto deactivate new content. At least then I could play without this garbage.

No mods and no CC. Thanks for the buggy patch - I will NEVER patch again until I am 100% sure it is safe and stable. If you haven't patched I urge you to avoid it like the plague.
  • Options
    DamagedGoodsDamagedGoods Posts: 5 New Member
    I unfortunately have it on long lifespan and aging. My Sim married Catarina and moved her and her 3 cats into the house... the cats all instantly die when I load it, so I've exited without saving. I can't change the lifespan/gameplay unless I open the game, and if I open the game the cats instantly die... any suggestions for a workaround?
    Also a random issue I encountered is that the radio will only allow listen to "Island music", though my sims have wants to listen to others. Not a biggie, just an observation.
    Hope they fix the aging glitch really really soon!
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    @DamagedGoods If you use the Load option (NOT resume) you will be brought to the world screen where you can change the options to normal with aging off, before you open your household. Go here to see pics of how to do it: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2022/07/sims-randomly-age-after-loading-into-live-mode/