Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opinions on Werewolf Appearances?

Comments

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,112 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    @kaiwrysims @GlacierSnow
    keekee53 wrote: »
    omg can a woman werewolf pee on the ground too?

I would hope so. If the males can, why can't the females?

This reminded me of when I was little and when we were out on the road and there was no bathroom my mom would tell me and my sister to squat and pee behind the car door. Might be too tmi but I wonder if I am the only one with that experience lmao 🤣

We used to do that too.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    screen2werepack-768x432.jpg
    Image can be found here
    I had looked at this picture last night. A lot of the wolves give me a children's Little Red Riding Hood vibe, but the one on the bottom far right looks exactly how I would want my werewolves to look.

I don't think we'll get it, but I would love to have my wolves bulk up when they transform into their wolf form, but not be a hulking mountain of muscles in human form, especially my ladies. Since we can't do that with the vampire normal/dark forms I doubt we'll suddenly gain the ability to have separate bodies sizes for our wolfies. A girl can dream can't she?

Did anybody else hear Jaqen H'ghar or Arya Stark when they read 'A girl'? I heard Arya as I was typing it.

Well, they did say that the beast form can be unlinked from the sim's usual form, so I take that to mean that we could make the beasty one bulkier than the original sim. I hope so, anyway. I especially want to make my beasts with larger heads, but without affecting the head size of the original sim.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2022
    Vampires were great. I'm not thrilled with the art style for werewolves. I don't particularly like them since the 'hair' seems like clumps and or no detail textures. Sorry, but I really loved the forms for vampires. It was my favorite GP. Not so much for this one. I'm not thrilled their clothes don't rip away when they have changed (?) I didn't see that happen in the trailer if the clothes do fall away etc. Even the Hulk has ripped clothes if he grows a few sizes and bulks up.

I'm not thrilled with feet, lack of 'hair', too cutesy for me. I shouldn't have been surprised now that I think about it since dogs and cats have that same clay look to their fur, too. :/ It's the art style of TS4, and I guess though I really wanted werewolves I'll have to pass on this pack, too.

The trailer song did nothing to inspire me to buy this pack at all. Scores (music) can be a turn off. It was different for the trailer about the Vampire pack...marketing nailed how to market that pack. What I saw in this trailer was more meh, than anything.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,985 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    Image can be found here
    I had looked at this picture last night. A lot of the wolves give me a children's Little Red Riding Hood vibe, but the one on the bottom far right looks exactly how I would want my werewolves to look.

I don't think we'll get it, but I would love to have my wolves bulk up when they transform into their wolf form, but not be a hulking mountain of muscles in human form, especially my ladies. Since we can't do that with the vampire normal/dark forms I doubt we'll suddenly gain the ability to have separate bodies sizes for our wolfies. A girl can dream can't she?

Did anybody else hear Jaqen H'ghar or Arya Stark when they read 'A girl'? I heard Arya as I was typing it.

Well, they did say that the beast form can be unlinked from the sim's usual form, so I take that to mean that we could make the beasty one bulkier than the original sim. I hope so, anyway. I especially want to make my beasts with larger heads, but without affecting the head size of the original sim.

Maybe we can change it after unlinking? I didn't think we could alter their physique, I thought that was permanently linked? There may be hope yet.
  • Options
    Image can be found here

Maybe we can change it after unlinking? I didn't think we could alter their physique, I thought that was permanently linked? There may be hope yet.

I haven't heard about details yet for the werewolves, but I'm hoping that the forms can be linked/unlinked in the same ways as vampires, which have several different options if you want some parts linked and others unlinked (or you can do a complete link or complete unlink). I've made a few of my vampires look vastly different in their dark form than they do in their human form, but I haven't actually tried altering the body on those. However, there is a body option in the link/unlink submenu, so I assume it can be edited to at least some extent.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    At first I was like nah I don’t like them but they’re growing on me not gonna lie. I didn’t realize just how customizable they are. When I saw a picture of one wearing glasses I was sold.🤣 I think I’m going to have fun with this pack after all.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 707 Member
    I'm happy with the werewolves. I had no idea what to expect and was keeping my expectations in check. I like the direction they took.
  • Options
    GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    My first reaction was, "lol, furries!" :D But I can see why they chose this style to make it easier to animate. I don't like the feet and the hands, though, they're way too human. The lack of a tail is also a disappointment. :(

Too bad they didn't add a proper wolf form. That would have been so awesome! It totally would have been okay if they reused some dog code from the C&D pack for that.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited June 2022
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    I like the look of these werewolves. They no longer have human faces like they did in sims 2 and 3 but look a lot more wolf like. I like the cartoony style of the sims 4 in general and think these werewolves fit in with that style perfectly. Personally I don't need them to look scary, just wolf like enough. I do wish they had different feet. That part is a bit too human for me. But I can live with it. A tail would have been nice too.
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I hate the way they look. This might be weird, but I felt the female werewolves looked too manly. I was sort of expecting to be able to distinguish between the two sexes...and omg can a woman werewolf pee on the ground too?

I don't know. I was not impressed at all.

On a positive note, I like the world.

I am the opposite because I love when animals aren't given "feminine" features to make it obvious it's a female animal. Like when a male dog looks like a regular dog but the female dog has breasts and lipstick that make no sense given how actual female cats look. Most animals don't really have any distinct features between male and females. There are some like 🦚 (can't say the actual word) and lions but even then their body shapes are usually the same with the only differences being stuff like fur colour and manes. For wolves male and female ones look virtually the same so I like it that they made the wolf forms look the same for both sim frames.

I was going to say the females look too male but after reading your explanation about distinguishing males and females with real animals, I somehow don't mind this one as much anymore. Sure it would be practical for gameplay purposes to see the difference, but it all in all I can live with it.

The customisation can do a lot. I like to have so many options though I think they look a bit better without the clothing. Adding glasses is definitely making them too cutesy. screen2werepack-768x432.jpg
    Image can be found here

Remember the reporter in the Howling at the end she turned into one and she was a cute one.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    happyopi wrote: »
    Love them, hate the human feet.

Yeah, I love them too but if you going to do werewolves at least go all in meaning every part of a human that transforms into a wolve part has changed even the feet. as far as the tail I can overlook that as in werewolves' movies most do not have the tail or I just did not notice. The best transformation for turning for me goes to the "The Howling" which got noticed for it back in the day. The other werewolf that great was in the Werewolf in London it actually turned into a full fledged werewolf and did not walk on two legs in saying that werewolves in various movies were different in how they looked, or acted.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,558 Member
    To those wondering if you can link-unlink the werebeasts, YES you can!

From website:

"A werewolf can be many things - fierce, playful, dramatic, cuddly - the list goes on! In The Sims™ 4, werewolves come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and themes. In Create a Sim, you can fully customize your werewolf to tell the story you want.

All werewolves start with a beast and a Sim form that are linked, providing parity and matching up changes to body shape, clothes, and facial features to the other form. But that’s not to say that you can’t create a beast of your very own! Unlink the forms and make them as distinct as you’d like! Whichever direction you take, edit their face structure, ears, eyes, tufts, and more! Paint on menacing scars to tell the story of a dramatic fight between opposing pack members or cover them in silly jellyfish; you have full control over your beast form’s pelt, so create one that’s as traditional or as wildly unexpected as you are!"

(source: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/embrace-the-full-moon)

That is awesome news!
  • Options
    ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    They look like cats.
    I don't mind the cartoonish look, if they'd look like actual wolves, that would be perfect. 👌
    Whoever designed them never saw a wolf in his entire life, to say the least...
    🐱
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,441 Member
    I would have loved a bushy tail on them so I could make a sexy were lady to sing my lounges. Maybe they could add them as an accessory for whoever wants them.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited June 2022
    Their faces are not angular enough - they’re too round looking. Snout needs to be longer but it is what it is I suppose! 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I dont mind the cartoony look, I actually like that about the game, its more something about their face proportions that doesnt seem quite wolfy to me (like the short snout), but that might be fixable in CAS, same goes for a more dark/scary look.
    Also the fur color does a lot for me, if they have proper wild wolf coloring instead of looking more like a domesticated dog or a fox with some of the colors. So greys and black, and more of a greyish brown would help there.
    They certainly do not look like cats to me tho.
    musteni wrote: »
    I've seen people mention the appearance reminds them of Cats musical - but I personally liked the look of the cats, so yeah I like the werewolves too :*

Oh gosh ...as a child I was terrified of those Cats cats....dont make me remember the nightmares :D
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited June 2022
    Image can be found here

@VeeDub @DaniRose2143
    Body sliders (push/pull) are a bit wonky (in some respects) when it comes to normal vs. secondary forms on occults, but on the whole the only things that cannot be changed in the secondary forms are "fit" and "fat". You can give the illusion through maxing out the body sliders, however. Likely this is to keep consistency between forms during the progress of fitness level, especially regarding relevant aspirations and holiday resolutions.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    @KyreRoen Good to know. That does make sense regarding consistency. Thanks! :)
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I think they look pretty good and are expressive. I think being able to add patterns and furrowed brows etc will help with the "darker" werewolf stereotype.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,541 Member
    They are making me think Furries more than werewolves.
    I also don't believe they will be as fun to play as vampires are, but that remains to be seen.

At first I was excited about having werewolves because I wanted to make professor Lupin,
    but someone pointed out that he probably won't be able to be a spellcaster and a werewolf.
    So Lupin would probably just be an NPC in my game-play.

I am on the fence if I will get it.
    The world is singular like Forgotten Hollow, but I would like to have the Lunar Cycle and the Build/buy could be useful for sims first starting out, but those objects had better be dirt cheap.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I know this ain't perfect, but it's a small and quick fix made in paint.

6266ef19d7742453d921271fc6df6aed3fbb33af.jpg
    Post edited by Elisdream on
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,293 Member
    Elisdream wrote: »
    I know this ain't perfect, but it's a small and quick fix made in paint.

6fcd6d971e6fc2ec7ffdbdfcfa0ccb4ebc7e8c2f.jpg

That actually looks heaps better. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I know it's a weird complain but what about their teeth. They legit look like cat teeth. Like what are those tiny little fangs, my cat use those to eat its tuna! 😂

I don't really like their body neither, I don't think it matches well, I think it looks too human, I feel like maybe they could walk with a little hump or maybe have longer extremities or biggers hands with claws, that would help. They look like people wearing masks idk.
    Post edited by Elisdream on
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,343 Member
    I think they look great.