Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opinions on Werewolf Appearances?

Comments

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited June 2022
    Leowyld wrote: »
    Tails would've nice but I think they look amazing! I definitely like them way better than Sims 3 or Sims 2 - it's not even close for me.

What no tails! Just kidding I can overlook that. A tail would been nice but no problem but do these Werewolves follow lore such as reaction to anything silver and that is no problem as well, I am just glad to have wolves in the game. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    Had a second look at them, and I can't get the Berenstein Bears out of my head. Now it's the "Berenstein Weres".
    They honestly look like the kinds of anthropomorphic cartoon characters that'd serve as an educational vehicle. Right after they fight, they'll "school" you on saving planet earth.
    I'm done. I can't. :D
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,380 Member
    I'm satisfied with them.

First of all... 1,000,000 times better than the werewolves in Sims 3. But they didn't have to try hard to get over that bar.

Personally, I prefer werewolves that transform into actual real wolves (in terms of appearance), so I wanted them to become animals that look like actual wolves. But that's just me, I suspect, and I did not at all expect that to actually happen.

For how they do look... they're growing on me. I'm not wild about the human style legs, especially when I saw the first image that was basically nude. Too unnervingly like a human in a costume. But when I saw the trailer, where the werewolves all have clothes on, I liked the look a lot better. So I'll be over here in the "totally clothed" (at least on the bottom half) camp. :lol:

It looks like there will be enough customization for their face features that I'll be able to make werewolves I like the looks of. I can work with this. I suspect I will have a lot of fun making them.

As for the cartoony art style, I'm totally fine with this. I love the art style of Sims 4, and I definitely want them to fit in with that aesthetic so they look like they belong in the same world/game as everybody else. So I'm completely happy with that aspect.

I'm very excited about the pack overall, so the werewolf form appearance is only a small part of the equation for me. Since it's customizable, and they can wear clothes, I'm still onboard.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,380 Member
    I agree @kaiwrysims . I'm totally digging the androgynous vibe in this pack. And I love that they didn't make the female werewolves look female in a human way. It makes them feel more wolf-like for me, with the males and females basically looking the same. Very happy with that design choice.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    I don't like how they look to be honest. Too cartoony...almost fake. Like it's a mask or something. I'm hoping there is more customization in CAS or CC make them look more like I'd like.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    edited June 2022
    @kaiwrysims @GlacierSnow

I agree! You can't really tell the difference between a male and female wolf easily so it makes sense to me. It keeps them more animalistic imo.
    One can always choose to make females and males have slight variances when in cas if they wanted to follow suite with animals that do have a variance.
    keekee53 wrote: »
    omg can a woman werewolf pee on the ground too?

I would hope so. If the males can, why can't the females?

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I like them way more than the hairy human werewolves from the Sims 2 and 3, but I also think they look like the wolf from that new Deeamworks movie. I think I can make the werewolves scary looking but in the trailer they looked goofy but it kind of works with the Sims 4 style.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,961 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I hate the way they look. This might be weird, but I felt the female werewolves looked too manly. I was sort of expecting to be able to distinguish between the two sexes...and omg can a woman werewolf pee on the ground too?

I don't know. I was not impressed at all.

On a positive note, I like the world.

I am the opposite because I love when animals aren't given "feminine" features to make it obvious it's a female animal. Like when a male dog looks like a regular dog but the female dog has breasts and lipstick that make no sense given how actual female cats look. Most animals don't really have any distinct features between male and females. There are some like 🦚 (can't say the actual word) and lions but even then their body shapes are usually the same with the only differences being stuff like fur colour and manes. For wolves male and female ones look virtually the same so I like it that they made the wolf forms look the same for both sim frames.

@kaiwrysims 100% agree. Just another way of implying that males are the normal beings and females are less or other. (Imagine if it was always the female animal that was drawn like a regular animal but the male animal was given like a cowboy hat and moustache to show that it was male!) I'm really happy about the androgynous wolves.

I wish they had tails too. But I'm sure some cc creator will come up with beautiful tails if they haven't already.

@Chicklet453681 That's a really good point. If they can do feet in high heels then they could at least get close to the ball-of-foot walk for wolves.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    There was one wolf with makeup on, it's an option if people are into that.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,961 Member
    @Chicklet453681 Another thought-- do there exist CC invisible high heels? I bet those would do the trick, or close enough.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    @kaiwrysims @GlacierSnow
    omg can a woman werewolf pee on the ground too?

I would hope so. If the males can, why can't the females?

This reminded me of when I was little and when we were out on the road and there was no bathroom my mom would tell me and my sister to squat and pee behind the car door. Might be too tmi but I wonder if I am the only one with that experience lmao 🤣 I also had a weak bladder (and still do) so I always wanted to use the bathroom lol
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited June 2022
    I hate the way they look. This might be weird, but I felt the female werewolves looked too manly. I was sort of expecting to be able to distinguish between the two sexes...and omg can a woman werewolf pee on the ground too?

Actually that's my only complaint... but the opposite. I found the male weres looking too cute and feminine or rather all of them do. (I also kinda found it funny that at least one Simmer here had the "Why do all clothes look feminine" question when it's all traditionally male clothing; I guess "Flannel Shirt" has travelled all the way from Lumber Jack Uniform via Grunge Rock Punk to Lesbian Uniform? For me, who is old (genuinely, I turn 50 in November) the clothes shown is still very much masculine-coded.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,145 Member
    I was hoping for wolf tails & taller heights.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited June 2022
    I guess I'll throw my 2 cents in. I like these werewolves overall. Better than TS2 & TS3, IMO. I do think the head looks a little too small for the body. But I feel the same way about cat and dog heads in the game too. I always enlarge pet heads a bit when in CAS. I'm hoping I can do the same thing for werewolves.

Yes, the werewolves are cartoony, but that's TS4. Again, hoping I can toughen them up somewhat in CAS, but I don't want them looking gross-ugly either. Narrower eyes and lower brows would help. From seeing the screenshots, I think we can change the shapes of the eyes, even using paint or makeup to accent them.

For instance, comparing these eyes from werewolf examples, I prefer the first two shapes of eyes rather than the round eyes of the 3rd.
    y4mRKifhQ-dptQQDQEuWUatQIzLEZmEgMNYlBELfOhJjLoxCg_UiSszjgdPGHLG7ULq2xXqxEzb5DakT8Smbv-huCfSoXyfOCsdN25OVysCZd37ODoRIod3wWXW3o3wJH56RQxnRzDLI415BTX8uLxtgRK9imng2toKfKyalbrdjKfVIrE9oPokPug3_qROJxuw?width=503&height=58&cropmode=none

EDIT: Actually, after looking at real wolf eyes, I see they are small and round but tilted, very little white showing. And the low brows and the black markings make them look more almond shaped.
    y4m-piFjoDagejeg002rbUvo7WWjUIiOVWXFBPjP4FD6_y6np5DAuzgXZVZJSc1MCAaUWrBeq9yf-BQY-dsUGttMaUwBd-FtDM6LGLZplnngIaeGL9CGz-wAvtpXY28kWeQT1YlFoHOhcQIs0Vjifwlspwl1Hyt2lt-_oS-XlCVEUgefvqoH0LVgtGDcJ_E50UR?width=275&height=325&cropmode=none
    Post edited by lanlyn on
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,144 Member
    edited June 2022
    I already have a character in mind from another cool game im gonna make. This will be interesting and actually if there are many CAS options then character making is going to be so much fun. They look guite masculine, but I can´t judge because I havent seen the whole CAS yet. I suppose it gives the wibes of a alpha male kind of story lol.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited June 2022
    I like the look of these werewolves. They no longer have human faces like they did in sims 2 and 3 but look a lot more wolf like. I like the cartoony style of the sims 4 in general and think these werewolves fit in with that style perfectly. Personally I don't need them to look scary, just wolf like enough. I do wish they had different feet. That part is a bit too human for me. But I can live with it. A tail would have been nice too.
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

I am the opposite because I love when animals aren't given "feminine" features to make it obvious it's a female animal. Like when a male dog looks like a regular dog but the female dog has breasts and lipstick that make no sense given how actual female cats look. Most animals don't really have any distinct features between male and females. There are some like 🦚 (can't say the actual word) and lions but even then their body shapes are usually the same with the only differences being stuff like fur colour and manes. For wolves male and female ones look virtually the same so I like it that they made the wolf forms look the same for both sim frames.

I was going to say the females look too male but after reading your explanation about distinguishing males and females with real animals, I somehow don't mind this one as much anymore. Sure it would be practical for gameplay purposes to see the difference, but it all in all I can live with it.

The customisation can do a lot. I like to have so many options though I think they look a bit better without the clothing. Adding glasses is definitely making them too cutesy. screen2werepack-768x432.jpg
    Image can be found here
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,130 Member
    edited June 2022
    Is it me or do their heads look too small in proportion to their bodies?

I think they look a bit too much like furries. If their snouts were more elongated, it would be fine. Maybe we can fix that in CAS?

Overall, they sort of fit in with the cartoony aesthetic of the game. I'll adjust, I always do. I'm still excited :).
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    They look too nice and cartoonish for my tastes but hopefully EA provides an update or either a mod creater fixes that with an override mod. Another thing I noticed is that the wearwolves have smaller heads than the humans which I mind very odd. It should be just the opposite and they should also have tails, longer snouts, larger hands, and feet. I hope all that can be modified. I would also like to see different fur styles and fur lengths.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,411 Member
    edited June 2022

I will rage if they can't! The pose anyway is more suited for a female canine.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,987 Member
    Is it me or do their heads look too small in proportion to their bodies?

I think they look a bit too much like furries. If their snouts were more elongated, it would be fine. Maybe we can fix that in CAS?

Overall, they sort of fit in with the cartoony aesthetic of the game. I'll adjust, I always do. I'm still excited :).

No, it's not you, that was the first thing I noticed when my eyes got up to the head. We can already stretch a sims jaw and mouth forward and elongate the lower portion of their face and give them a really exaggerated underbite. So unless they've modified the current sliders we should be able to make their muzzles longer and wider without much trouble. Head size should be an easy fix too. I don't know if they've got all new sliders for all sims, or if they have a separate set for werewolves or what. Working on their heads is the first thing I want to do when we finally get our hands on the pack.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited June 2022
    4005a2b45fae5d95f6cd9d32363631b8315cc826.png
    I tried playing with the furry mod but the lack of facial animations made it impossible for me. It's my little sim using the mod above here, it was so cute but in the long run I just couldn't play even if I liked it so much because it the sim was so wooden. That is just I it felt to me at least. If the sims 4 wolves have animated faces I am a very happy simmer.

If animations for the werewolves blend well with ordinary sims I am glad, and I can always equip a CC-tail because I got other CC for my own imaginary occult states that only exist in my save.

Something that I am wondering is if we will be able to see other sims in the town walking about in their werewolf state? I despise aliens hiding their true selves and use MCCC in order to have aliens walking around looking like themselves, even the townies. Since spellcasters are very good at hiding themselves I wonder how werewolf townies will act. If your played werewolf walks around in fur in the town, will everyone else hid their furry side and just look like regular people.

If werewolf sims walk around with the fur out I assume there will be threads with people complaining that they bought the pack for the grunge items and now there are furries in their normal world. If my werewolf is the only wolf in town and every other occult werewolf is walking around as their human selves this will not be the way I want to play. I want my sims to live in an world with visible occults.

Hoping for visible townie werewolves but looking at MCCC.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,558 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    screen2werepack-768x432.jpg
    Image can be found here
    I had looked at this picture last night. A lot of the wolves give me a children's Little Red Riding Hood vibe, but the one on the bottom far right looks exactly how I would want my werewolves to look.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,293 Member
    The furry bits on the cheeks give me major Princess Bala vibes (Antz) especially when they are brown. I’m gonna have to fix that somehow…
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,987 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    screen2werepack-768x432.jpg
    Image can be found here
    I had looked at this picture last night. A lot of the wolves give me a children's Little Red Riding Hood vibe, but the one on the bottom far right looks exactly how I would want my werewolves to look.

I don't think we'll get it, but I would love to have my wolves bulk up when they transform into their wolf form, but not be a hulking mountain of muscles in human form, especially my ladies. Since we can't do that with the vampire normal/dark forms I doubt we'll suddenly gain the ability to have separate bodies sizes for our wolfies. A girl can dream can't she?

Did anybody else hear Jaqen H'ghar or Arya Stark when they read 'A girl'? I heard Arya as I was typing it.