Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opinions on Werewolf Appearances?

Comments

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    1. The "lycan legs" people want would be WAY too much to animate. Seriously. Besides no werewolf in older games had those anyway.

See, I disagree with that theory. They could have been "boots" in a darkish color fur that you added and with the ability to paint the fur, you could have painted a gradual gradient color up the actual leg portion to seamlessly blend the leg fur in with the foot "boot" area and I would have been perfectly ok with that.

Hopefully CC creators will come to the rescue.

• Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 892 Member
    This is the Sims, has anything ever honestly been scary? The Ghost are not, nor the specters they created in the paranormal stuff pack. They were cute, not scary. What I don't get is people thinking there was a possibility of them being scary in the first place. I think they did fine with them. But I wasn't expecting An American Werewolf in London vibe from them in the first place.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    edited June 2022
    Wrong thread. Sorry
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    1. The "lycan legs" people want would be WAY too much to animate. Seriously. Besides no werewolf in older games had those anyway.

See, I disagree with that theory. They could have been "boots" in a darkish color fur that you added and with the ability to paint the fur, you could have painted a gradual gradient color up the actual leg portion to seamlessly blend the leg fur in with the foot "boot" area and I would have been perfectly ok with that.

Considering the geometry switching that the sims uses, I think that "boots" would interfere with pants that came below the knee, and possibly some skirts. And I don't think they would have looked right anyway, because the ankle joints would still be in the "normal" place.

I mean, making proper digitigrade feet involves scaling foot and shin bones, as well as moving the ankle joint considerably, which is why real ones were probably only briefly on the table until Animation looked at them and said "not happening."
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    My opinion will depend on how much we can customise them, I don't like the child friendly skinny jean wearing furries that they've shown, at all, but I think we should hopefully be able to make them look more menacing. For example in this screenshot the sim in the back looks much more wolflike and creepy (and is not wearing skinny jeans thank god), I don't mind that look as much

the_sims_4_werewolf_pack_04.jpg
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I pretty much agree with everyone. They are not exactly how I pictured them but I can understand why they went that route. I'm happy with what they gave us and I'm also looking forward to how "wild" cc creators are going to go with this. At some point I'm sure I'll be able to create the Ultimate werewolve like I did with my vampires and the tons of cc I have for a wide variety of looks.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    LeowyldLeowyld Posts: 73 Member
    Tails would've nice but I think they look amazing! I definitely like them way better than Sims 3 or Sims 2 - it's not even close for me.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited June 2022
    I hate the way they look. This might be weird, but I felt the female werewolves looked too manly. I was sort of expecting to be able to distinguish between the two sexes...and omg can a woman werewolf pee on the ground too?

I don't know. I was not impressed at all.

On a positive note, I like the world.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    While I am disappointed in the lack of tails, wolf/dog legs, and shaggy hair, and the heads look a bit too small for some bodies, I still think they look better than the past werewolves, especially Sims 3.

(The main reason I didn’t like playing Sims 3 werewolves because of their exaggerated brows and that scowling underbite.)

Outside of the small head, I thought they looked fine in the trailer. Cute and cuddly, almost doggy-like, but it meshes well with the cartoon-y artstyle of Sims 4, and it works with the goofy, light-hearted tone of Sims 4 . :smile: It’s to be expected. The look is growing on me.

It will also be awesome to see the CC made from this, now that there is a foundations for the talented creators to work from.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I like them!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I think its gonna grow on me after awhile. After seeing the trailer, I dont like their look as much as I thought I would, but Im not outright hating them. Once I mess with their physiques and find some cc I think Ill like them more.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I think they fit with the overall look of the game and I'm glad they'll have expressive faces.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 951 Member
    I think they look too furry and friendly, but I hope I can fix that with CAS and taking off their clothes! Maybe like one of my werewolves will be a cute pup, but generally I want them to be wilder and scarier.

I was a bit sad about the missing tail at first, but now I think it might be better like this.
  • Options
    BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    I like them. But I don't like that they can be dressed up, first thing I'll be doing is getting rid of the clothing on all the premade werewolf sims.

Other than that, it's fine. I understand they had limitations no doubt when it came to whether they should add digitigrade legs, and that there were certain things they had to keep in mind with modeling the wolf heads due to the customization and animation copy over.

All in all, I'm happy with it.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,929 Member
    I love them. What most of us wanted isn't realistically possible with this game, and it's way outside of the family oriented themes they've always used. They're so much better than the previous versions and far superior to no werewolves at all.
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member

There's already some existing digitigrade leg mods out there so there's bound to be more created that'll work perfectly for those wanting that look. (The current mods look good but might not be a good match for the furry werewolves in the pack.)
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,929 Member

I'd be shocked if they didn't. I'd bet several were sketching out ideas shortly after the trailer dropped. The legs and a bushy coat would be one-two on my list. Muzzles too, possibly, but I want to see what we can do with sliders to modify the default first.

• Options
    AnshinAnshin Posts: 446 Member
    edited June 2022
    It reminds me of the anime Beastars with the human bodies and animal heads. I really really wish they had tails!

Legosi_Anime.png
    This is the game that never ends
    Yes, it goes on and on, my friends
    Some people started playing it not knowing what it was
    And they′ll continue playing it forever just because ...
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    I love them! They kind of remind me of the werewolf Van Helsing turned into, sorta. Of course this is the Sims so mustn't scare the children, lol. But I really like them much, much more than the Sims 3, which I didn't play weres at all.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    Expectations are bound to disappoint.

I am good at not letting my imagination dictate what to expect. So while I would have loved scary looking wolves with digitigrade legs, I never expected them; I didn't even hope for them. Especially not in Sims 4 which has been the most child friendly version of the generations. I do not feel let down in the least. The only thing I really really wanted was an actual canine face (not the hairy Sims 3 faces), and we got that.

I am happy with how they look, and thrilled at how the pack looks overall so far.
    Plus we haven't even seen what all we can do with them in cas yet, not mention with cc.

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I dont play occults and didnt want werewolves but I think the design is really cute and will be popular. It does make me think Zootopia or Bad Guys movie. But I do think they look weird without tails!!
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited June 2022
    BookBear wrote: »
    I noticed that a lot of people have strong opinions on this topic, and though I don't know if there a thread on this already or not, I wanted to start one if not.

My opinion is that they did the best the could while still making the werewolves fit into the normal sim range of proportions. I do think they look a little derpy, with those short snouts and non-digitigrade legs, but the alternative of waiting 4 more months for the pack as every kissing or walking animation is updated for werewolves would probably have been worse.

What do you think?

🐺🌕

I think it is appropriate for the wolves to look the way they are due to how Sims 4 is drawn. I do not expect the Were Wolves to look serious like they are in games that are of a darker entity. I rather wait and see how the Werewolves play out.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited June 2022
    I would have preferred something more animalistic, with longer forearms, larger hands, longer claws and more of a gaping maw. Still, this looks good for a Sims game, and is quite an upgrade from the Sims 2 and 3. I give it my thumbs up.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,677 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    BookBear wrote: »
    I noticed that a lot of people have strong opinions on this topic, and though I don't know if there a thread on this already or not, I wanted to start one if not.

My opinion is that they did the best the could while still making the werewolves fit into the normal sim range of proportions. I do think they look a little derpy, with those short snouts and non-digitigrade legs, but the alternative of waiting 4 more months for the pack as every kissing or walking animation is updated for werewolves would probably have been worse.

What do you think?

🐺🌕

I think it is appropriate for the wolves to look the way they are due to how Sims 4 is drawn. I do not expect the Were Wolves to look serious like there are in games that are of a darker entity. I rather wait and see how the Werewolves play out.

This. A lot of expectation seemed to be coming from media that has a much darker and more realistic tone overall. Any Sims occult is going to match the aesthetic of the Sims. Nothing else. We can't expect Alpha CC werewolves in a Maxis Match game. But, I don't doubt it will happen.
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I'm fine with the appearance of the wolves and I'm sure that there will be mods to modify the texture of the fur if necessary. The only thing I don't care for (if it actually is a thing) is how small the werewolves heads and ears are. They don't seem to be in proper proportion to the bodies and it distracts from the positive features. I'm hoping it's just the screen shots taken and not a thing with the werewolf design, otherwise I'll be manually tweaking every single werewolf for their head and ear size.