Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,970 Member
    @GraceyManor ugh, I know the feeling! When I go into the Stories and Legacies/Creative Corner section, threads all seem to have a really cool-looking title, and then I’m just like “err… the Baker Family???” :D:D
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    A throwback pic of River n’Haruo.
    Screenshot-165.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    I could upload some old screenshots. I transferred my Sims 3 folder from my laptop to my PC so I still have them, over 4000. The most recent are of the Jennings family, who used to live in Monte Vista before I transferred them to Sunlit Tides. I remember the names… well, searching this thread for my past posts about them helped :D I remember I didn’t want the parents to die off-lot, so I ended up with a multigenerational household containing 11 Sims.
    Tom and Verity were the parents. Eldest daughter Katie married Daniel Parker and they had son Nicholas and twin daughters Francesca and Felicity. Middle daughter Lottie married her former imaginary friend Luke (originally Puzzle) and had a daughter Marie. And then there was youngest daughter Maddie who was a mermaid. At least they didn’t have any Plumbots too!
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Wish there were more instruments that one could play in the Sims 3. Had a feeling that with this new pose set from Hazely_Sims tumblr https://href.li/?https://www.mediafire.com/file/1kcoco8j6lzxumg/Hazely_Quartet_Poses.rar/file
    When I get my replacement computer, I’ll be introducing the Sunset Valley Baroque String Quintet performing the works of Corelli, Telemann, Handel, Bach and Graun for their inaugural concert😝.

Screenshot%2B%2528474%2529.jpg
    Playing violin in the snow is probably not wise for the violin nor for the player’s health.

I know, I’m a #baroquesnob
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    Uh, it's really hard to keep up with this fast-moving thread lately :wink: . I hope the reason is that it's just too nice outside of the house, like here (I at least plan on spending more time traveling a bit, too). Anyway, I thought I'd wrap up the university trip of my "homeless" household.

During the weekend, there was some time for the beach. Not that the bunch seemed overly interested, if I consider where they placed their blankets, which wasn't anywhere near the water.
    KV7B5aH.jpg
    I assume it was the only place with some shade.
    q0ZePAP.jpg
    Still, who wants to lie beneath a grill?

Back in the dorm, everyone had to recover (that shot was completely autonomous).
    47rp4j4.jpg
    I have romance switched off for university. This doesn't mean "no romantic interactions", it just means no "going steady", marriage or anything like that. A side effect is that everything ends up being a bit of a free for all. When their main romantic interests are gone to class, Brandy and Jamison are more focused on each other. Then again, they aren't even really proper "romantic interests" in the game sense.
    NieIo8b.jpg
    On Thursday before the finals, Vanessa and Jorge (Communications major) were doing some writing for their performance, while Brandy and Jamison played their instruments in the dorm's hallway.
    mAreiwC.jpg
    One aspect of Malan Hall is that it's a bit too close to the Group Science Project. That Science Project proves to be irresistible to the roommates I don't control, and they tend to spend most of their time over there, completely neglecting themselves. Most importantly, they don't sleep. From time to time, one of them drags himself into the dorm and tries to take a nap on one of the sofas in the hallway.
    This Thursday afternoon, the first one was Dan.
    6zMvoQx.jpg
    They try to sleep, then wake up and get angry at the musicians, go back to sleep, get angry again... you get it. Well, there are some perfectly quiet rooms with perfectly fine beds upstairs, so if you would?
    We're still on Thursday afternoon, and it's Clark's turn.
    d4d2grl.jpg
    Allyson didn't want to be left out, either. At least she had the decency to take her leave after the first "awakening".
    a01OVfs.jpg
    Cody completed the circus of angry roommates.
    id6YGps.jpg
    The finals went without too much of a hassle. You always have to have an eye on things, as other students tend to draw your students out of the finals via "take photo with..." or "play kicky ball with...". I killed the first one via Retuner, but the second one still hits. Not sure who thought this was a good idea. Anyway, the bunch went bowling after the finals were done.
    yVx4ryH.jpg
    oma8BJo.jpg
    eaoHoPf.jpg
    hAsJVfL.jpg
    8c28oVA.jpg
    I love the faces they make.
    Next morning, the zombie roommates were trying to convince themselves they were still alive by drinking hot beverages.
    weiy8K4.jpg
    Everyone got their degrees and stuff to put on the wall (I had just given the girls the starting points). Here we have a happy Brandy.
    aPQAgBE.jpg
    Jamison was already plotting his next moves.
    Zj4tSUF.jpg
    For some reason, Vanessa, who is grumpy, decided to let out all that grumpiness she had mostly hidden during the last two weeks on that Saturday. She managed to severely damage her relationship with some of the others :lol: .
    qvuw8xL.jpg
    Anyway, they managed to get over it after a while, and even the roommates got lively for a last farewell.
    UsOPqXY.jpg
    All in all, they all got their degrees, everyone got both of their university traits (the social ones pretty much without my doing), and Vanessa fulfilled her lifetime wish. Jamison completed his LTW immediately after they arrived in Bridgeport. Brandy wants to be surrounded by family, so she will have to work on that during most of her life. Jorge still has some work to do, but it doesn't really matter that much for him.
    I'll leave that bunch alone for the time being and see how they will sort each other out.
    See you all soon.
  • Options
    I never got my Sims to earn a social group extra trait, they only ever earned the graduation one. Several of my Sims enjoyed playing computer games so they’d often get to level 1 or 2 of the Nerd group outside of university.

I agree about the lack of instruments @Nikkei_Simmer . It’d be cool if there were a few woodwind instruments like flute or clarinet. And I always wished kids could play an instrument of some kind.
  • Options
    TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    @Lucy_Henley and others who may be interested: there is an excellent mod over at Mod The Sims that allows children to play musical instruments (without stretching or otherwise messing up the animations). With this mod, they can play all instruments except the bass. It’s the No Stretch Children Can Series by kapaer.
  • Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    @texansky My Sim has been a busy lady! I love the names you chose for her daughters. IRL my son will be 30 on Thursday. I'm not ready for this!

I've been away because of work and just not having the energy to take time for myself. I was sick for a little bit so I would just sleep (nothing major). Plus, this time of year, when it's nice out, I'm outside more. I started my little container garden a few weeks back and now that everything is growing quickly, I'm tending my little plants.

I hope you're all well. Sorry I didn't address everyone. I know all of you have something going on besides your games. @Nikkei_Simmer I feel like we should do a fundraiser for you. Or maybe you can sell your fan fic to gain some extra cash to move the computer purchase date sooner. Take care of yourself. Waves to @emorrill @bekkasan @GraceyManor and anyone else I missed!

Happy Simming!
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    I haven't played the Firefighter career that much so I decided to try it again and my sim, Ben, (son of Odin and Heather Crosby in Riverview) rescued a kid and carried him out of the house! I've never seen this happen in the game before so that was neat.

gCftcKk.jpg

So, later I made him go on a hot date with his wife to celebrate after the earthquake cleanup <3:D

CYNJEEh.jpg
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,144 Member
    Hmm, I guess my next update is now postponed until.. it gets done. <_< :P Over the weekend I got caught up in a completely different creative outlet that I just had to finish... I guess sometimes I get this almost autistic like tunnel vision, for better or for worse... :P So umm, yeah, things are just gonna have to go at their own pace..

@texansky I hope you weren't insulted about my mistake there, there was no thought behind it, and I don't think it has anything to do with the tone of your writing. I think its just my default go-to assumption when I see someone online that they're male when I don't know any better. :P

And whoa, that Craig Clarson has got a lot of love interests..

Haha, that was an early midlife crisis for Mark Simself-Woods. ;)

Haha, funny, who would have thought my simself would have a knack for repairing things like that? I wouldn't.. I wouldn't consider myself the most handy of all people... :P

@emorrill Lovely house there, I like the living room. The calm colour palette appeals to me. :P

@Brandontaylor
    This is when I found out that Jacob and Christa do like each other, so everything should work out just fine.

Ah, well then it should be no problem, maybe they will even arrange their relationship themselves. :P

@Turjan Thanks, well it would probably be a good house for a sim interested in the criminal career.. or law enforcement, as criminals sometimes run across the lot to get to "work". ;)

Wow, going 26 hours without getting to eat... usually I have found that I won't really have to direct sims to do basic things like eat, sleep and use the bathroom. They are pretty good at doing that themselves, so that's unusual. Oh, well, sometimes they may screw up their daily rythm and go to bed at odd hours, but usually they're doing surprisingly well.
    I have romance switched off for university. This doesn't mean "no romantic interactions", it just means no "going steady", marriage or anything like that. A side effect is that everything ends up being a bit of a free for all.

Makes perfect sense, its university after all. ;) Settling down can be done later... :P (Well, of course, there are a few exceptions, but..)

@king_of_simcity7 Oh, thanks! Wow, it's an entire family of 8 people. :P Might come in handy if I should need more sims for my.. uh, sims. :P

I guess from your username you also started out playing Sim City before moving on to the sims? :P

th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    LamaaaayLamaaaay Posts: 66 Member
    I've never played the firefighter career either (despite having the pack for several years) but maybe this will inspire me to give it a try @StephSteb. In my game I just started playing a sims 3 version of not so berry and my sim just got married. The only thing that caused me to choose her husband is that he was wearing a green shirt (the current colour) and has red hair (the next colour). So in my mind was clearly the only option for my sim to marry.
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Hello, long time since I've last posted here, sorry for the glimpsing and for not paticitipating / commenting more, it's been busy lately plus technical computer issues. The result is that I now play with my old laptop with half of the CC and half energy of the computer (so I play very basic, only one EP at a time).

Anyway....
    I've been playing a few sim-weeks (and a few human days) in Twinbrook, mainly with the High-Tech Friends/Roomates household.
    I put Justin Kayes in the architecture career (just in case, haha). And Lang has been in the criminial career until recently when he started at the Ghost-something (hunter?) career.
    In addition Lang is romantically involved with Dilly Pidgin at the start of game- I followed this story and the bottom line is that they are now married with 9 children. |LOL|
    What I love about professions in Ambitions is that it gives the opportunity to meet the premades of the town through the story/career.
    I usually play rotational because I like to play with many families, so in this save I haven't changed the household very much but still get to play and see many houses/households.
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Lamaaaay wrote: »
    I've never played the firefighter career either (despite having the pack for several years) but maybe this will inspire me to give it a try @StephSteb. In my game I just started playing a sims 3 version of not so berry and my sim just got married. The only thing that caused me to choose her husband is that he was wearing a green shirt (the current colour) and has red hair (the next colour). So in my mind was clearly the only option for my sim to marry.

You should definitely try it. It's a lot of fun <3
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,774 Member
    Only had to work today, now I have two more days off before I work Saturday and Sunday. Mostly spent time doing price changes, an almost every day task. For some stupid reason, the system had me raise milk prices last week, but then they dropped some today. Doesn't make any sense. The weather has been nice recently so I've been going for walks around town when I'm not working. There hasn't really been a lot going on, but I have played the Goth family some, and I have a bit to share from that soon. I mentioned to below that gas jumped up again, then it reminded me I have been wanting to share a song for you all about gas prices. I don't know if some of you remember when I shared "The King Is Gone" (Elvis tribute song) by Ronnie McDowell or not, but the song I want to share is called "Hey, Mr. Oil Man."

@Nikkei_Simmer I know what you mean. Both Dwight and Brandon were extremely muscular. Dwight lost it as an elder, and I know Brandon will to. Kind of a weird thing.
    Yeah, and it seems to be getting worse. Gas jumped from $4.75 to $4.89 now, and they expect it to go over $5 here.
    Nice throwback photos!

@TinySpaceFox Exactly, lol. Actually, it'd be very hard to balance on a motorcycle like that.
    Yep, he does, lol.
    Yeah, it's a nice mixture of different Sim types.
    It probably would.
    Oh yeah, Brandon pulls pranks on everyone, lol.

@Silverofdreams30 You're welcome.
    Nice pictures of Elizabeth, I really like the way she looks.
    Nice pictures!

@texansky You're welcome.
    Congrats on your Sim-child!
    Poor Craven, Imogen doesn't love him anymore.
    Then it looks like a few couples are doing a lot better.
    Lol at Al not paying child support.
    You won't be disappointed reading The Grey Witches. @jillbg is another of my favorite Sims writers.

@polrbear Great pictures of Jay!

@Sprottenham Yeah, that's partly why I decided against it. I just wanted to play Elizabeth, but I may have to make a different save to play her in if I do.
    I'm not sure what her career is, but the criminal outfit was her Spooky Day costume.
    I do think Christa will be a better match for him.

@Turjan Great picture of Vivian and Stephen!
    Awesome update!
    You're welcome.
    Yeah, Moonlight Falls doesn't seem like a Plumbot town.
    Yep. I'm trying to get to generation 10 as soon as I can so I can get the move done. It'll give enough time for some people to die off too.

@emorrill Awesome house! You and @soocoolsim did a great job designing and building it!

@king_of_simcity7 Great pics of the Sim!

@GraceyManor We probably all have had days we just want to be done with.
    Doesn't sound like Elizabeth is impressed by Derek.
    Great updates!

@MamaSimTee Hi!

***I'm going to post my update next, it is only 20 images so I'm just sharing it as one.
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,774 Member
    Goth Family, Day 298 - 299

W6Voxve.jpg
    Lily wants to get to know Christa. She suspects that she will be her daughter-in-law soon.

sz99pwa.jpg
    The weather wasn't that great so I instead just had Jacob and Christa share their first kiss, and become boyfriend-girlfriend. They can go on a date a different time before young adulthood.

7w9gSE5.jpg
    Brandon also wanted to get to know Christa. When he approached her, I was afraid he'd try to prank her like with everyone else, but he didn't.

I4bxXVw.jpg
    Lily ate a few more Life Fruits when she woke up the following morning.

jOqbUan.jpg
    When they were both up, Brandon and Lily spent a bit of time together.

Pclb1tw.jpg
    On the opposite side of the house, so did Daisy and Harlan.

pbZIUQP.jpg
    Lily had a wish to practice martial arts with the dummy, so I had to set it up in the kitchen.

gWydqNT.jpg
    After breakfast, Harlan took Jacob to learn how to drive.

r6IHvAY.jpg
    Brandon was going stir crazy, so I sent him to the park. He got a wish to snowboard, so that's what he did.

sSfoH9J.jpg
    Everyone got together later to learn the cooking skill together. Jacob still didn't gain the first level though.

VLGvRTy.jpg
    I decided to throw another Snowflake Day party. Carrie Naquin wanted Harlan's autograph as soon as she arrived.

TEYJpmF.jpg
    Some of the guests included Rose Langerak, Holly Langerak, Rain Yu, and Elizabeth Radford. Daisy and Brandon were also on the far right of those guests.

LenA7VR.jpg
    Most of the guests did get presents, but a few did not.

Jacob Goth - Bicycle, roll of toilet paper.
    Christa Goth (distant cousin, also girlfriend of Jacob) - 2 guitars
    Lily Goth - Amphibi Clops or whatever it's called and a chess table.
    Nicholaus Radford (soon to be husband of Elizabeth-Too-Many-Last-Names) - coal. He's also Sheri, Daisy's grandchilds, father.
    Brandon Goth- Sleeping Gnome McNulty
    Holly Langerak - Easel
    Rain Yu - Coal
    Daisy Goth - coal, chess table
    Pierre Langerak (one of Daisy's son-in-laws) - chess table
    Gregory Langerak (another SIL) - umbrella

tQvUeZ3.jpg
    Sheri was the next one to want an autograph, so Brandon obliged.

chIzTMv.jpg
    Harlan got to know Elizabeth a bit. I can't remember if they knew each other prior to this or not.

Jj1h4Jb.jpg
    Lastly, the family sat down to eat supper together.

DAY 300 IS FINALLY HERE!!! Will probably play that tomorrow, but it's not going to be anything special other than we hit 300 days.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Screenshot-93.jpg
    Throwback Image.

When my sims used to get gifts in the mailbox. He could start a piano school or at the very least a music store. 😝

@MamaSimTee, I’m managing. Unfortunately with rights management, You can’t sell “fanfics” for profit. 😁. So I just have to create my own little playground and characters that other might be interested in reading about. Much easier said than done however.

OR I have the patience of a Buddhist monk until I can get together the cash flow to replace the computer. All I know is I’m not paying new prices for a system. If I can manage to get a good solid second hand gaming system; that’s fine.

@Brandontaylor - yeah, that’s the one thing that bugs me about Sims elders is that they get all frail all of a sudden the second they turn elder.

*Big hint*. That’s why the Chikamori Selfacy is turning into an Immortal Legacy. Each Generation gets one immortal couple. First Gen gets the Founders (not killing off River or Haruo).
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Screenshot-11.jpg
    Since being out of work, Elizabeth picked up on some new hobbies.
    Including jogging, after having a quick breakfast, she hopped into her
    work out clothes and headed for the beach, when a familiar face called.
    Derek: Hey you.
    Elizabeth: Surprised to see you here..Where's
    your little minion?
    Derek: My what? Oh...Kevin...I sneaked out.
    Elizabeth: No cameras following you?
    Derek: You think my life is all glam and cameras?
    Elizabeth: Pretty Much.

Screenshot-12.jpg
    Derek; Race me to the diner, if I win you owe me a drink.
    Elzabeth: Fine, but you aren't gonna win.
    Derek: We'll see about that.

Screenshot-14.jpg
    Derek managed to beat Elizabeth to the diner, meaning she owed
    him a drink.

Screenshot-17.jpg
    Elizabeth: Your life isn't all glamor and ritz?
    Elizabeth said as she rolled her eyes.

Screenshot-23.jpg
    Derek invited Elizabeth to his favorite hang out spot, usually the
    cameras don't find him there.

Screenshot-25.jpg
    Tonight, they somehow managed to find him.Derek gave a customer
    one last autograph for the night.He grabbed Elizabeth's hand and dragged
    her out of there, both running from the annoying paparazzi.They ended back
    at Elizabeth's house.
    Derek: Think we lost them.Here give me your phone for a second.
    Elizabeth: No.Why do you need that?
    Derek: Just let me see it, sheesh.

Screenshot-29.jpg
    Elizabeth: What are you doing?
    Derek: I gave you my number and took your numbwr.
    See ya.
    Elizabeth: Why?
    But he left without answering her question.She rolled her eyes
    and headed to bed.

• Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited May 2022
    Another cutie Jasmin Panic. Patrick no need to wait for Gore to be summoned!
    He is Morgue's first crush and Lirije's first love. He's just like the English of his name looks like. It seems that none of my self-created sims haven't dark history...
    He was killed by Patrick
    Oqw0oT.jpg
    However the ghost form doesn't seem so cute but handsome
    OqwwwV.jpg

I have one more thing to say.
    last night. I. Almost woohooed Tol. In dream.
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @Brandontaylor

Thank you, Its only minimum cc in this folder and mostly
    hairs.

I have been playing sims 2 more this week, it is so much fun with cc.
  • Options
    I find that CC hairs load up very slowly - takes a lot of time when you switch types in CAS for all the hair selections to come up. So once I stick one hair on there that’s it except for the slicked back one which I use strictly for ~unmentionables~. 🤣
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Alright, I got the update done today, finally.. also, please don't expect anything grand just because it took me a long time, I am probably very far from being the best writer on the forums, I'm just doing my own thing here. :P

Also, the update became very long - again - so I'm gonna split it into two parts.

The last update ended with Eirin in the bathroom upstairs freshing up her looks and giving herself a peptalk before the party.

Chapter 17.3 – Sunset Valley – December 2022 part III: Painting on the wall..

Edguy - Painting on the wall
    Strong on your feet, you were blinded
    Building up a tower on shaking ground
    Once in a world full of colors
    Back to see just ruins there to be found
    And now you're falling, crawling
    Digging in the broken remains
    Of what had to be taken for strong
    Slowly it's been fading away

Come into the painting on the wall
    So the joker smiles
    Come into the painting on the wall
    No more crying
    Illusions let you in from the rain
    Follow Mr. Hopkins, get insane

Stories are told - wanna hear him
    Talking from the picture to your head
    Follow the call of a puppet
    Led into a black room painted red

Where life is painless, brainless
    You don't think of broken remains
    Of what had to be taken for strong
    Slowly it's been fading away

Look at the picture
    Point at the child there on the floor
    Realize that it's a looking glass...

Eirins notes:

Pj7hmEc.jpg

I came down the stairs just in time, as what must be the younger sister of Olivers girlfriend came through the door. Of course, I wanted to give the best impression possible, so I immediately put on my cleanest set of clothing.

Zvj6ld3.jpg

I guess her mother, Iselin, had the same idea, though I do think she was a little to scantily clad for a family woman maybe, but oh.. it does remind me a little bit of me in my younger days! Oh, those were the times, guys were swooning for me left and right, mm mm!

JQqQLOG.jpg

I thought I would walk outside to welcome everyone when they came, when I heard this snickering laughter around the corner, and I knew it was one of those pesky garden gnomes again. "Get off my property, you little scoundrel" I told it, as I gave it a kick to the head. "And stop stealing my fruit!"

Ingmar Motorsen profile:
    Full name: Ingmar Motorsen.
    Place of birth: Geekmos Farm, Little Enebakk.
    Date of birth: January 18th, 1953.
    Personality traits: Couch potato, loner, absent minded, inappropriate, genius
    Education: High school.
    Current career: Retired from medical career (World Renowned Surgeon).
    Lifetime wish: Chess Legend (achieved).
    Spouse: Eirin Motorsen.
    Children, grandchildren and family tree is the same as Eirin Motorsen from the previous update.

Ingmars notes:

RJFe89s.jpg

The christmas party that Eirin had been talking about all month was coming up, so I guess I had to pull myself out of my little cave for a while to socialize with the family. And, well, I was getting a little hungry, so I went to the kitchen to get a little snack.

LVXVt0F.jpg

I think Oliver has a bright future ahead of him, being the first of the family to go to university to get a degree. Of course, he had gone and got himself a girlfriend too, and from what I understand they've been steady since high school. I hope she is of a different calibre then her mother, she didn't really impress me much at all.

Continues in spoiler:
    llDnHxC.jpg

I suppose the flowers could have been a nice gesture if she had stopped there, but the lewd suggestions she made afterwards, were about as unfitting as the length of her skirt.

2A8Syoq.jpg

Eirins notes:

9zwfyJA.jpg

When I came back inside, I saw Ingmar coming from the kitchen saying he would go back to the office room for a while for some rounds of chess. Over the years we've had our quarrels over that room.. I bought that computer to write reports for my job, but more often than not when I came home in the evening after having interrogated someone, or even late at night after I had been literally out digging through peoples trash for clues, he would sit there, playing his chess game..

xmP11h2.png

It was rough combining all that with taking care of the kids. He wasn't really much of a dad at times.. and we nearly divorced after the twins were born. That was a tough time. I am happy for all my children today, they have grown up to be the most wonderful human beings, but back then.. we had agreed to only have two kids. One boy and girl was what we hoped for, or, well, what he hoped for. He was a little disappointed when Monica was born, and we had two girls.. so we ended up giving it a try one more time, and, well when Eivind and Knut was born, he got his wish fulfilled there for sure, two-fold... All of a sudden with four kids in the house and two demanding full-time jobs (he worked at the hospital..) the situation was immensely stressful for all of us. If it hadn't been for Ranveig, our oldest daughter, taking care of the toddlers when we were all burnt out, I don't think we would have made it, to be honest...

DlImDRT.jpg

Needless to say, our love life suffered greatly, too, there wasn't much going on in the bedroom to say it bluntly. We even slept in seperate beds for a while. As the kids got older and got their own bedrooms, I could feel my energy returning and I wished for things to go back to the way they were. I often had to go the extra mile to get some.. I tried everything, from lingerie to nothing.. until I learnt that swimsuits was the thing...and boy did that work! I still resort to this trick nowadays when I want his attention, or when I sense that something is up..

UIraFwr.jpg

I wanted to call Justine to catch up and hear she was doing. It was so nice to be back at the office to do some police work and see my coworkers again. I was pleased to hear that our case won, and that the criminals ended up behind bars. I felt useful again, old lady still got it. Maybe I should go back to my job fulltime...

vjGxmov.jpg

While I was on the phone, Oliver Freddy, Inge and her father had also arrived, and Inge decided to turn off the lights to tell a scary story while her sister was really enjoying the music.

7Kr0ebk.jpg

Robert Bråge came soon thereafter, but I didn't see Ranveig anywhere, so I walked up the stairs on out on our balcony in the back that we had built for this gigantic space rock that fell into our garden!

y2RQPdO.jpg

After all these years it still fascinates me how something like that can just fall out of the sky! Oh, I'm just happy it landed where it did, and not on our house! It was still a bit of a hassle, though, since we had to rent a crane to put it where it is now, and an excavator to fix the hole it left in the ground, but selling it to make money was never an option! It was so special, I wanted to keep it!

Ranveigs notes:

bkARovY.jpg

I'm always happy to visit my parents house – the home where I grew up with my sister and brothers. When I look back on it, I have plenty of good memories from growing up, though I'm not gonna lie – it was a struggle sometimes, but now is not the time...
    If you want to know more, Ranveig has already recounted some of her past in "Prologue 0.3: What are memories but snapshots in time?" (https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17773194/#Comment_17773194 ) (This links to thread in story forum.)

mmbIalW.jpg
    When I walked inside, christmas music was playing, and Inge was telling a ghost story to Oliver Freddy and her dad , but I didn't see mom anywhere, so I walked upstairs to look for her.

ytZsfDl.jpg

That hallway upstairs always felt a little claustrophobic to me, I never really liked it to much up there. The house had already been expanded with another floor holding Monicas bedroom, an additional bathroom and mom's workout machine, but when my brothers got of school age we needed a few more bedrooms as well, and that's when the hallway was built.

P5SEImP.jpg

I could hear mom's voice from just opposite the door, sweet talking to the meteor that crashed in our backyard not long after my brothers had started school.. yes, really. A meteor almost hit our house and obliterated us all! I wanted to get rid of it, but mom wanted to hold on to it, so she had made a special balcony for it just behind this door, and that's when things started to get weird upstairs, almost like something else came down with it... It was around this time I heard that voice for the first time. I wanted to talk to mom, but I didn't really want to go out there to that space rock...

fqq73n9.jpg

And I'm not even going to talk about that painting on the wall there that mom came home with late one night after rummaging through the towns dumpsters.. She was doing her best to hide it, but Knut, whose bedroom was to the left at the end of the hallway, later said he could hear mom talking in the hallway at night, and when he peaked through the door he saw her in what appeared to be a conversation with that picture... and this, he said, would happen repeatedly over the following years, and always late at night... I never asked mom what was going on with that picture, but.. I never really liked spending time upstairs in that hallway... so I walked back downstairs to watch some tv..

z5lBvGs.jpg

Inges notes:
    After I finished the ghost story, I wondered where Olivers grandma went, as she had been gone for some time, so I walked around to look for her. I heard her voice from just opposite this door upstairs, and it sounded as if she was sweet talking someone she called her "big little rock from outer space". I didn't want to intervene and ask her what that was all about, but curiosity killed the cat, of course, because as I was standing there she came out the door and caught me listening..

vGe1ucH.jpg

I quickly made a lousy excuse, stuttering that I was just enjoying the art on the wall.. no way could she believe that, but she said she understood what I meant, titlted her head slightly as she looked at me and gave me this weird, but empathetic smile as if we both all of a sudden shared some kind of secret... and yeah, I couldn't help but notice that the picture on the wall there was a copy of the same cheap picture from our student dorm that gave me this strange feeling.. so... I don't know.. I don't know if it's me, the picture or what it is, but there is something weird here...

1xlpK46.jpg

Eirins notes:

I admit, I got a little lost in thought there, reminsicing about the old times and that space rock. It happens from time to time that I sometimes just forget what I was about to do.. something that started happening more often in my early teenage years around the time of my parents divorce...
    Oh, but anyway, I remembered what I had planned again when I saw Oliver Freddys girlfriend Inge outside the door. Of course, I was throwing a christmas party! And I couldn't leave the guests waiting, so I had to go downstairs and tell everyone they could begin opening the presents...

She said something to me, though, that she was admiring the art on the wall. She must have meant that old picture I found in the Landgraab familys trash can when they were under investigation for financial fraud and tax evation.. I have no idea if the painting is worth anything (probably not since they threw it away), but I thought it was nice enough to put up on the wall... She looked a little frightened, so I told her I understood what she meant about the painting.. poor girl, she must be hearing it, too...

qSZRiTx.jpg

Narrators notes (gift opening part):
    Ignoring that Ranveig has her hands through her dress, this to me, is one of the best shots of the update, because it has everyone on board, eagerly waiting to open their gifts..

UA5gzR1.jpg

And it's nice to see that my sims honor traditions by letting the youngest one start the show. ;) Here is Robert Bråge (age: 12) going for his present. Everyone was happy about the presents they got, but for some reason everyone except the hosts, Eirin and Ingmar, as well as Ranveig and Oliver Freddy chose to not reveal what their gifts actually were...

nhwCdM1.jpg

Kristina (age: 13) is a little shy to take a peak at her gift. Expecting to get pranked? But don't worry, there is no such tradition here...

jEtI5iC.jpg

Inge (age: 22) opens her gift. She is 5 months younger than her boyfriend. ;)

2wvKhKA.jpg

Oliver Freddy (age: 22) was happy about the chessboard he received. Inge makes a comment about having a combined library and art room in their future home, and that the chessboard would make a perfect centerpiece for that room.

DyiU8Nh.jpg

Well, they did follow the rule of going by age until it was the adults turn, as the first of them to open his gift was Jarle (age: 45). I hope he got something he can use for his garden, because that's his main interest. ;) Robert Bråge in the background disagrees with Inge, and thinks its better to put the chess table outside, because, well, he thinks everything is better outside..

idCN9n7.jpg

Then it was Ranveigs turn (age: 44) to open her gift. She got a console, a perfect gift for a couch potato. Inge is still talking about furnishing her and Oliver Freddys future home.. she is making plans...

H56UgOc.jpg

Next it was Iselins turn to open her gift. It would have been perfect if she got a fishing rod, or maybe a fish bowl, because what she dreams of, is to have her own aquarium. ;)

xe3mw6F.jpg

After opening her gift, she's being rude and shouting at Ingmar for rejecting her romantic advances earlier..

H1XjZ6L.jpg

Then its time for the party host, Eirin (age: 68) to open her gift. She got an indoor chess table as well, and was happy to receive it, even though they already have one. :P

zjN0Q9k.jpg

And lastly, its Ingmars (age: 69) turn to open his gift. Eirin looks at him opening his gift, and gets a wish to kiss someone under the mistletoe. ;) Kristina is talking to Robert Bråge about travel and vacation. Ingmar got another chess table as well...

nsjlMay.jpg

After they have finished opening their gifts, they all get up to react to each other. Ranveig is, of course, happy about celebrating christmas with her son, and likewise, Eirin is happy to celebrate with her grandson. Iselin is happy to have Oliver Freddy as her potentially future son-in-law, or maybe she has some other thoughts, because I have seen the way she looks at him sometimes... There's something odd about every family, also the Reppe family....

Oliver Freddy is not to happy to see his grandfather there, and the feeling appears to be mutual right there... And Inge keeps pointing and laughing at Ingmar for wearing his everyday clothes.. When Eirin invited everyone, she wrote that they should put on their formal wear, but well, its the Motorsen family. Since when did they care about the correct and appropriate clothing? :P

Jarle doesn't approve of this, and is a little mad with Oliver Freddy for wearing his sports wear on christmas eve...

UcnoTMC.jpg

Eirins notes:
    After a successful round of gift opening, it was time to gather everyone around the table to eat. Oh, well that was another thing I had forgotten.. to make food for the guests! But I was lucky that Inge had brought hamburgers and Iselin had brought a pumpkin pie, or I would've had to leave everyone waiting while I was preparing the food...

W0fnGhe.jpg

That was a bit embarassing, but what could I do? I heard no complaints, and everyone appeared to be enjoying themselves.

iEfxQRH.jpg

And my sweet grandchild Robert just had to made sure everyone knew that he wasn't going to be doing any of the dishes. That was perfectly fine by me, I wouldn't have expected him to.. I know, of course, how important christmas eve is for the children, so I would never have him do that! There was absolutely no need for him to anyway, as Kristina and Oliver volunteered to clean everything up without anyone saying anything. They're such lovely and helpful kids!

UhwD7GG.jpg

Ranveig had already sat down in the sofa to watch tv, when I got this impulse where I wanted to run out into the garden to have some fun with the sprinkler.. Since I was already in the swimsuit, I thought to hell with it.. why not?

OFqI7A1.jpg

Eeek! Oh, hahahaha, that water, it was so cold! This brings me right back to my childhood! This is how we used to cool off on the warmest days! Oh, I had so much fun out there, and realized I had completely lost track of time when it started to get dark and my guests started leaving! When Robert was about to leave, he saw me playing and joined me for a while! It was great fun, I felt so much like a kid again!

L2YDTYk.jpg
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    Chapter 17.3 – Sunset Valley December 2022 Part IV: Under the mistletoe..

Inges notes:

My Ollis grandma is a funny, cute and strange old woman! After we had eaten our first round and Olli and my sister went to do the dishes, she all of a sudden darted outside! Later when I got a glimpse through the window, I could see her playing with the sprinklers! So cute and funny!

VF3nJPP.jpg

And I overheard my sister talking to mom about how she wants to be a writer, like me! Well, I'm not much of a writer yet! I haven't been writing any on my book, "A miners heart", that I started working on last christmas since, well, I started on it... University and painting has taken up to much of my time, but it was still very heartwarming to hear those words from my sister..

JmFzKn6.jpg

..I just had to shed a few tears again after I had finished my second burger.. I know Kristina will mock me for this later, but I just can't help it.. She always thinks I'm weak and whiny, but my tears are tears of love, joy and happiness, and I just can't hold them in! Nothing could be better for me than celebrate christmas surrounded by my family members, I just feel it so much!

Iselins notes:

MF3Q31P.jpg

Oh, that sweet boy Oliver.. mm, my daughter has made a really good catch there! I know I shouldn't be hoping for it, but...

Bq3r81C.jpg

...I just had to ask him for a slow dance right there under the mistletoe.. and I didn't mind at all that he was clumsy and constantly stepped on my feet..

PMF9gTu.jpg

His cute face and the way he moved his hands everytime he apologized himself.. I know this isn't right, but there's something about that boy...

Continues in spoiler:
    Kristinas notes:

FjKH2PD.jpg

I had a great time at Eirins christmas party, but my mom can be so embarrassing sometimes! I didn't want to stay there anymore when she started slow dancing with Oliver! I'm not stupid, I know what she's thinking and that's just so gross! I'm just happy there wasn't any juice served at this party as well, because I know mom wouldn't be able to leave that alone either...

Ranveigs notes:

zkENV7R.jpg

I probably should have kept my mouth shut, but oh.. as I have begun to settle with it not being just a fling between my Oliver and Inge, well... I just blurted it straight out and asked her when they were getting married!

V0p4Xgz.jpg

I could tell she was taken aback by the question. I didn't mean it like that, I just wanted to... I have been so preoccupied with these thoughts lately.. I just want to know that my son is in good hands! Well, she said "Not for many months yet! Our plan is to finish our degrees at university first..." but it didn't calm me down much at all...

77RjCtY.jpg

"And children? What if you get pregnant and have children, what are you gonna do then? Huh?" I kept pressuring her, and I'm not proud of this behaviour at all..

fB9VMb4.jpg

I suppose my father could hear me getting a little tense, as he tried to change the topic by expressing the joys of working out, even though I'm sure he has never worked out a minute his entire life..

5sjIKmf.jpg

"I... I don't know, we will.. we're going to get ourselves a house first, and then.." Inge did her best to come up with a response.

JgJ8tQN.jpg

"..and then? How are you going to get the money for this house? Have you thought about that?" I continued, still concerned.

ag2gGDZ.jpg

"Eirin really knows how to pick the best christmas music, don't you think..?" my father asked, once again trying to change the topic, and I could tell that Inges father was beginning to feel a little uncomfortable too as he thanked my father for being invited and expressed how he had enjoyed the evening. He probably had as he sounded sincere enough, before he said it was probably time for him and his daughter to head back home...

64Tt1AR.jpg

"You know, Ranveig.." my father said with his eyes focused on the video game in front of him "I'm confident that Inge will be successful in her career as a painter and writer, and that there will be no problem for them financially... isn't that right, Inge?"

Inges notes:

Wow! Well, the evening didn't quite end like I had.. expected? Or maybe I should have expected it to go that way? I don't know, but especially since last christmas I have felt this animosity from Ranveig towards me, and I don't know what it's all about..

U2dolZC.jpg

I know her father probably only tried to keep things calm, but I was starting to feel that these questions were getting a little to unpleasant. I mean, all in all, it was a great evening, and I was happy to be invited and spend time with them, I just wish his mother could be a little nicer sometimes.. so I told them I had really enjoyed this evening, before I excused myself to go home..

Ranveigs notes:
    Maybe my father had a point there, that she would do just fine in her arts career, but, that wasn't.. that didn't solve it for me.. I still felt uneasy about it all, and then Inge just excused herself and said she had to leave.. well, I probably wouldn't blame her there, I was.. I did create a bit of an uncomfortable scene there..

K1xQI5I.jpg

"Ranveig, honestly," my father continued after she left "I know this must be hard for you, but I really don't think you need to worry. Even if Inge will turn out to be completely penniless, I know for a fact that Oliver Freddy will have no problem getting a job at the Science Centre. I mean, Monica has pretty much already promised him a position there.."

And of course, I knew very well he was right there. My sister Monica was really doing great in her science career, and thanks to her Oliver has already had a position here already before he went to university... Not only that, I think she is even what inspired him to pursue that career, so... I was never worried about him getting a job and being able to make a living.. but still I always carried this feeling that something awful could happen just around the next corner, ever since.. ever since I myself was a child, and I.. I have always feared for my boy, for my boys, for both of them...

"I.. I guess you're right, I'm just.. so worried.." I did my best to continue.

"Tell me something Ranveig, this isn't really about money, is it?" His question was a mild punch to the stomach and it pushed me back to my dark cell again, yet it also provided a tiny ray of light passing through the bars of its small window..

"I..." I said, as I got up from the cell floor, doing my best to keep standing. I had to stay present in the moment, and not let it pull me down again.
    "Look, Oliver is a sensible young boy, he's smart." I heard my fathers voice talking and his fingers mashing the plastic buttons of the game controller through the cell window. "He knows what he's doing, and I'm sure Inge is a really good girl, and you know.. It's not like he will.. It's not like he's exiting your life forever, but you know.. and I never really thought I would have this conversation, but you... you have to let him go, Ranveig.."
    Those last words made me feel my fathers hand on my shoulder as he entered the cell and pulled me back and the stone walls of the cell gradually faded away and reversed back to the dull cider orange walls of my parents living room..

"I know, I'm.. I'm sorry for... I'm sorry for letting it get the better of me...I just want the best for him, you know.." I apologized as best as I could.

"Yes, we all do, but I think it will all be fine.." my father said while lining up his offensive formation on the football game he was still playing..

"Thanks dad, you're ..you're probably right, I should.. I know I shouldn't w-" my sentence was interrupted by my father shouting and banging his hand against the games controller.. "No, darnit! I just got tackled!"

"..oh, well... it's.. it's getting late and we should probably head back... back home. Thanks again dad.. it's been, it's been a nice evening where everyone could be.. could be gathered, and.." I said as I shifted my eyes against Oliver that had been standing there the whole time delivering a rant, from what I could hear, appeared to be about betrayal.
    "Oh, don't thank me, thank your mom" my father interrupted, "it was her idea.. and Ranveig if you would ever need....if you would ever need to talk or just... you know....... we are still your parents, we will be here for you..."
    Having my parents support is always nice and though it made me feel better for a while, I think there is only so much they can do.. like everything else, I knew that this worry was something I would have to find ways to cope with on my own...

Eirins notes:

sH2F90Z.jpg

Oh my, time really flies when an old lady has fun.. I didn't get back inside until after Robert had left, but I was happy to find Oliver still there, bless that boy! Ranveig was just on her way out as she thanked me for hosting the party and said she was getting tired, so it was probably time for her to leave.

LivrvjC.jpg

I apologized to her for losing track of time while playing with the sprinkler, but she must have been really ready to go to bed, because she didn't seem to be to interested as she literally yawned her way out. Oliver followed his mom and left shortly thereafter, and then it was only me and Ingmar left.

SUhvQYt.jpg

Oliver assured me it was a great party, but I still felt I could have done better and been a little more attentive.. oh, maybe next time..

yhjBqYO.jpg

After having had all these guests over, the house felt near empty, which I must admit, was a little nice. I mean, having everyone over was good, but.. a little peace and quiet isn't bad either. Only the christmas music was still playing, as I went for another small painting...

FO5bTH0.jpg

Ingmar must have snuck past me up the stairs while I was busy painting, because after a while I could hear a steady additional bass rhythm coming from upstairs that didn't blend to well with the christmas music. I thought he might need an audience, so I followed the sound to find him in the bathroom. I suppose he went in there for the acoustics or something.

PgUTAqU.jpg

One good thing about being retired is the additional time one gets to pursue other interests and hobbies. I never knew when we were younger, that myhusband had any musicality in him, but there he was now, playing that bass almost as if he had been doing it his whole life.

1hBn1u8.jpg

Watching his fingers move around on the neck of that bass made me think about... ahem, well, it made me think about one last thing that had to be done before bedtime.. I was already in the swimsuit, so I put on my most charming smile and all it needed was a little extra sweet talk..

uUA99B9.jpg

..and he was ready for a kiss under the mistletoe, and maybe some pie for dessert, I thought as I stood there waiting for him with my eyes closed...

P7fCM0u.jpg

Christmas can be a time of year to be a little silly, and I have always said that kissing under the mistletoe makes sparkles appear, and it sure felt like it did...
    a6u8QjK.jpg

U3xsgKx.jpg

..and now, dear reader, I think it's a good time for me to end this here with a Merry Christmas and best of wishes to all of you from me and my family! Until next time!

Narrators notes:

That's alright, because I'll take over from this point on! ;)

fcEDH8D.jpg

Eirin wants her privacy from here, which is perfectly understandable, but I want to show this part anyway! :P

SVE0cE2.jpg

This couple has had their struggle over the years, raising for children alongside their demanding careers, and it is true as Eirin recounted earlier, that they were close to divorce once, but luckily they managed to stick together through it all, and put their love back on track - and it still thrives, which is a very beatiful thing, after all. ;)

IYT4b2B.jpg

So this moment is theirs...

q85icKM.jpg

Good night.. ;)
    SmxgMeW.jpg

Other happenings in Sunset Valley this month:

gQGvR6U.png

The town council has found that Amena needs to find a more suitable home now that her nephew George has moved in. Amena already has plans to do so, and will start looking for a new home in january.

5KCWPyG.png

Ingrids parents, Kathrine and Jonathan have been renewing their affections for each other. I found them hanging out at the park, though currently doing seperate things.

KYdxQwL.png

A little bit of teen love. Margrethe Holm-Fredriksen, the daughter of the Prison Warden Fredrik Holm-Fredriksen and Oliver Freddys half sister, was observed at the beach with her new (and first) love interest Otto Hillestad.

RdWGXI5.png

And some more elderly love. Lucie, Jonathans mother and Ingrids grandmother, is now apparently in a relationship, and appear to be totally comitted to Carlos Opsahl. I was expecting them to be on a date, since I found her at the bowling alley. Well, of course they were in two completely different locations, since he was hanging out outside the Prison Warden Pub in the New Town Area. So... will it last? :P
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

I've got an update for my Simselves game ready but decided to catch up on my comments first.

@emorrill
    I can't remember if I commented on your work on Bluebell Cottage with @soocoolsim
    It's lovely. I don't normally go for chandeliers, but the one you used in the living room is beautiful. So many crystals!
    That master bath makes me want a bubble bath.
    The evening photo is very pretty! I especially liked the elegant gable vent at the peak of the roof.

@Nikkei_Simmer
    The text between River and Haruo is so cute. Just yesterday, I sent my hubby a text to pick up bread after work!
    I'll have to find your Youtube channel.
    Wow! Seven grand pianos.

@Silverofdreams30
    Beautiful sunrise. The lack of color in the sky suggests it is not a sunset. But I could be wrong.
    Walter Fullman is handsome. Why do the blondes always look grey-haired in the dark?
    It looks like Anoki Moon is browsing the web. Research?
    Nice dip-kiss Walter!
    At least Lizzy isn't letting being on the Dean's list keep her from having a social life.

@Brandontaylor
    Lily wasn't very nice to her mother.
    Brandon looks like he found his zen place.
    I'm going to miss seeing Lauren in your gameplay.
    I'm glad you sold Toaster too.
    How do you get snow days in Sims 3? I have Seasons and have yet to see a snow day, just the typical Thursday off for the festivals. (I have each season set to 7 days.)
    It's good to see Harlan back, even if he is a ghost.
    Jacob is a handsome teen, and now he and Christa are in the same age group again.
    Lily is enjoying witnessing her son's first kiss. How sweet!
    It's fitting that Harlan teaches Jacob to drive. No worries about dying in a crash.
    Love that Ronnie McDowell song!
    Thank you for your comments.
    I don't know who's worse for not paying child support. Probably Booker Fairfax-Singleton, then it's a toss-up between Al Calavicci and Sprotten Sprottenham. :wink:

@Astro
    I hope the new motherboard solved your computer problems.

@jillbg
    I'm up to 1-38 Arrivederci. I'm not sure if I am further along now than when I stopped reading it in the past. There are some things I am reading that seem familiar, and some stuff I don't remember reading at all. I've been so wrapped up in the story, I haven't commented on this forum since the 14th and haven't played my Simselves game since the 13th. :open_mouth:

@Turjan
    It looks like you got your four homeless Sims to University. Now to see if they can come home again.
    I haven't played with University in quite a while. Your game makes me want to take a few Sims there for degrees.
    I laughed hard at the picture of Allyson with her hot beverage! The look on her face is priceless!
    It will be interesting to see what these homeless Sims will do with themselves. I am guessing you will be putting them all into a home and letting them do whatever their little hearts desire while you play your main Sims?
    Ethan has eleven children and nineteen grandchildren! He has been busy. Do you play on long lifespans?

@king_of_simcity7
    Thanks for sharing the link to the Divine Sims! I came up empty when I tried to find them.
    When I saw the face of your unnamed Sim, my first thought was Wendell. And he looks like he should be wearing glasses.

@GraceyManor
    I'm glad your game is running faster. Sorry that you had to go through all of that to get it working right again.
    I'm enjoying your story with Elizabeth and Derek.
    I hope you find the inspiration you need to title your story for its own thread. I haven't created a thread for any of my stories. They are either posted here or on my blog, The Legacy Report.

@Lucy_Henley
    Sorry to hear your game has been crashing. I hope you are able to figure it out.
    I don't think I have ever gotten the social group extra traits until a recent game that was just for fun. I am usually micro-managing my Sims to the point that they hardly ever get to climb the social ladder in any group.

@MamaSimTee
    Happy Birthday to your IRL son! My daughter turned 41 last month, and my son will be 40 in November. I feel so old.

@StephSteb
    I've only had one Sim with the Firefighter career in my Legacy game, but I had a full house and didn't really have the time to give it the attention that it needed. One day I will create a single Sim and play the Firefighter career to the top.

@Sprottenham
    Thanks for your comments. At my age, there isn't much that offends me. :lol:
    I don't know what to do about Craig Clarson. The last townie with a complicated romantic life was sent packing out of town. But, of course, I can't just send a Simself packing or it would ruin the story. :wink:
    I liked your latest updates. You really show the Sims true to their character traits. I like how both the host and hostess disappeared from the party for a time.
    And Igmar knows his daughter Ranveig very well. He knows just what to say to calm her down.
    The combat boots with that skirt on Iselin! :grimace:
    So much going on at the party. It looks like everyone had fun.
    Putting the tree in the corner was a good idea. That way you could get everyone in the same shot as they waited to open their gifts.
    Glad the guests brought food, as Eirin clearly forgot to make anything before the party.

@Avatarit
    I've never played in Twinbrook. It sounds like it's a lot of fun.
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member
    edited June 2022
    SIMSELVES 3.22

Week 3, Saturday, part 1

Oriole Bird was in labor all day Friday and had a girl at 1:00 AM on Saturday. Meet Ana Bird-Lestat!
    c4e74b_fc9bef019b314882a6eae00cb7ff7087~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_a1d8b8edc70e411088f76cd21a5b8fa3~mv2.jpg
    Ana Bird-Lestat, daughter of Craven Lestat & Oriole Bird.
    Born: Week 3, Day 7
    Sign: Scorpio
    Favorites: R&B, Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich, Hot Pink
    Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Good

Al Calavicci and Nicola Stanford are going steady.
    c4e74b_9432b4aa2f4e4058b77a61ad17306703~mv2.jpg

Emma & Booker Fairfax-Singleton have been seen around town together.
    c4e74b_18309a101cc247bbabcc1776db870a7a~mv2.jpg

Hemera & Sam Fin-Beckett have had another son!
    c4e74b_9ad31f65b84b4da7b7e0ab4e5f85e0cf~mv2.jpg

Meet Sammy Fin-Beckett!
    c4e74b_cb39154c34c54d28afb4283201ed4e85~mv2.jpg
    Sammy Fin-Beckett, son of Sam Beckett & Hemera Fin.
    Born: Week 3, Day 7
    Sign: Scorpio
    Favorites: Beach Party music, Cobbler, Red
    Traits: Loner, Evil

Sammy's older brother Jamel Fin-Beckett will be aging up to a child today as well. I was unable to find a suitable home for their needs, but I was able to add a basement to their home to accommodate them.
    c4e74b_12e7848bcba74124bdef067e25af4f65~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_4aa98bd400534521a8ca64f5f88a3c04~mv2.jpg

Lisa Dawnlight just won't let go of Chuck Hobble.
    c4e74b_0b3f548c0c2a4bcdbc1d088e2e54bb5a~mv2.jpg

I found her hard at work on her latest novel, The Power of Players.
    c4e74b_df1676446f0648f88094804bea86ba89~mv2.jpg

Lisa Dawnlight has new titles of Master Weeder and Fertilizer Flinger in her gardening career.
    c4e74b_83a22c02c2df4e0b9d2d1ecf4c18b4f8~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_091dc8cb0c3d46309990aa454ea6726e~mv2.jpg

Cheri Nash was building a snowman at the Novigan Community Cat Jungle.
    c4e74b_67f37d845fa2433488ecd7625650adfc~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_bab3bde471a441febf0b97acf5a336db~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_b019d9dbe0694115a3814ffa8f1e3031~mv2.jpg

It's nice to see that the parents of two toddlers, Mark & Emmaline Simself-Woods, make time for one another.
    c4e74b_c0ce41aec4444926b305ba4c207d8477~mv2.jpg

Al Calavicci, Sprotten Sprottenham, and Booker Fairfax-Singleton aren't paying their child support again.
    c4e74b_ead93ce1bb3142cbb45c32d9119a3824~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_dabbf073665545ae95d183e7fea0d0df~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_74b7d249dc8e4476ba15904f65930904~mv2.jpg

AJ Bishop made his child support payment in a timely manner.
    c4e74b_3a2e75ca3a234d4a8d366728f5005364~mv2.jpg

Sprotten Sprottenham is cooling his heels in jail for not paying his child support.
    c4e74b_57f996a6cb724cd09084479e20aa5606~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_310dac47572c473d89b808d10ef25f60~mv2.jpg

Vallari Chandra has been promoted to Ringer Up-er.
    c4e74b_63d958ea015641d3a0a7977706667acb~mv2.jpg

Happenings Around Town:
    c4e74b_6b015f9d5a2447d48876d0b2e53e5728~mv2.jpg

Torrey Parrott has been fishing again and increased his skill.

Keagan Rees most likely increased his Athletic skill. He's currently at work at the Stadium.

@CravenLestat - @emorrill - @king_of_simcity7 - @Kayzaplyr - @Hemera123 - @lisasc360 - @texansky - @thuggishsplicer - @Sprottenham

Edited to make a correction to my comment about Mark & Emmaline Simself-Woods.
    Post edited by texansky on
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    @texansky

What to do about Craig Clarson and his love life? I don't know, sit back and grab some popcorn... :P

Oh, thanks, well mostly I just let them roam free, which can make it a little tricky to make it into a coherent story, and some things they do are left out if I can't make it fit. :P

Oh yeah, I noticed Iselins boots when I was looking at the screenshots.. that's the kind of thing I don't notice so well in game, because everyone keeps moving about, but on still photos, it really stands out. :P And that's when I think I should change it, but next time I load up the game I will probably forget and her shoes for her formal outfit will remain unchanged :P

Eirin forgetting to make food is a little bit my fault, too so I share that embarassment... :P

Hahah, oh no! I literally said out loud to the screen when I saw that my simself was in jail for not paying child support.. I hope the jailtime makes him learn, but I guess I shouldn't be to hopeful.. :P
    th1das9.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top