Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Goth Family, Days 303 through 307

wh1p2Ui.jpg
    I gave Jacob a makeover finally. I played it as he had the old hairstyle as a young teenager, then took on a more mature look about halfway through.

kLmUueV.jpg
    When everyone had woken up, the whole family ate breakfast together.

i6vK81P.jpg
    Since spring had come, Lily had to start working in the garden again. There are only six or seven money trees, a few cheese plants, and a Life Fruit plant.

hyObaOC.jpg
    After Jacob got the mail, he ended up playing guitar in the front yard, in his pajamas.

U7KBiJB.jpg
    Lily and Daisy sparred outside after Lily had finished gardening.

qSu7g5U.jpg
    To get cleaned up after sparring, Lily and Brandon shared a shower.

87ehrFk.jpg
    Daisy went to the theater so she could get a jam session going. She picked up the meteors I dropped on the lot.

LZe7OkN.jpg
    The jam session went well, but no one really made that much, and no one got a promotion either.

K5pqqmt.jpg
    Brandon saw his grandmother, Rain, so he stopped to chat with her a bit.

TgyeS9Q.jpg
    Lily saw Holly, so she spent some time chatting with her sister.

VZ7dwSB.jpg
    Jacob had to do his homework, as I want to be able to pick his trait.

SVLNOO1.jpg
    Then Lily and Daisy had another sparring session, and Brandon had his aura going to help them out.

fTxRlZH.jpg
    Daisy finally completed her wish to learn martial arts to the highest level. Lily did too, but she seems more proud of her mother than she does herself.

KjJyfzl.jpg
    With her skill maxed, Lily was the perfect teacher to help Brandon reach his third or fourth LTW. He still has a bit to go, but has roughly 30 more Sim days before he even becomes an adult.

YiWegRf.jpg
    However, he did gain another level.

***There are more updates to come. I wasn't feeling the best this morning so I ended up calling in sick. I felt better by early afternoon, so I decided to play for a while.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Goth Family, Days 303 through 307, Part 2

xWNVPji.jpg
    Brandon has already maxed the logic skill, so he helped Lily to finish learning the skill.

hQZrd9t.jpg
    Here is a random photo I forgot was on the wall. It is John Langerak, Quinton (Sekemoto) Langerak, Ariana Langerak, and Daisy when she was either a teenager, or young adult.

91H63UG.jpg
    Jacob watched the cooking channel. I don't know if he'll end up doing a career where he needs it, but it'll still help him in his home life.

CLyMTYr.jpg
    Daisy had a wish to hug Christa, so she summoned her to the house, chatted with her, then gave her a hug.

GfK0EM9.jpg
    Afterwards, Jacob took Christa on a date at the Bistro.

01WrmZv.jpg
    Front view of Christa.

Ka4WPZN.jpg
    Before the end of the date, Jacob gave Christa a kiss, then drove her to his house. Christa ran home from there as she doesn't live very far at all.

EJYL9EV.jpg
    The following day, Jacob had a field trip to the diner or bistro. He went to school like he was supposed to, and he went on the field trip. However, when he got home, Lily scolded him for missing work, telling him he was in trouble.

dW4tIjc.jpg
    Jacob wasn't very happy about it, but he took his time out like he was supposed to. I went off to do something else with one of the others, and Jacob must have left his time out because the next thing I knew, she was yelling at him again and took away his TV privileges. In an act of defiance, Jacob watched TV anyway. This made Lily mad yet again, and she yelled at him again.

KxLhQ7B.jpg
    Jacob finally had enough, and he yelled at his mother. The autonomy of scolding Jacob all those times caused them to not even be friends.

UsZBUnm.jpg
    Jacob ran off down the road, then randomly picked a place to throw eggs at. When the owner came out, Jacob ran as fast as he could.

Bnxv85G.jpg
    He ended up at the spring festival. I had him buy nachos, but a fan wanted his autograph before he could eat, and it made the nachos disappear. He bought another serving, but that one disappeared too. Luckily, another Sim brought a picnic so Jacob ate with that Sim.

JPIrp7P.jpg
    Daisy decided on her own that she wanted to play chess, so I just let her do it.

unsKOCi.jpg
    Jacob decided he'd had enough of being a deviant, so he begged Lily for forgiveness. She accepted, and he alternated between complimenting her cleverness and enthusing about athletics to bring their relationship all the way back to best friends.

***Probably have enough for one more long update, will post that soon.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Turjan wrote: »
    I’ve always pictured Bebe Hart as a kind of a happy-go-lucky kind of sim who doesn’t let life get to her and weathers the storms. She has a playful side to her and loves gently teasing those who she considers her friends but doesn’t have a mean bone in her body.
    It's your story, and Bebe will be as you picture her, but the one from SV is definitely not happy-go-lucky. My SV founder's oldest son married her, and they managed to move into Landgraab Estate. Bad mistake. Bebe already comes with "Technophobe" and "Frugal". She doesn't only target all TV's and computers, but she also switches off all lights and fireplaces every single day, and if she must, several times a day. That house has four fireplaces, which was a total waste, because they always stayed cold and dark. I had them move to a modern house with big windows, so they had at least light during the day and were only sitting in the dark after nightfall, and definitely not a single fireplace. Given she reads all the time, that was probably also better for her eyes.

She later ended up with Malcolm Landgraab (after the couple got separated by an incident, not personal difficulties). Malcolm never left his student job at the spa during all his life, and that was a much better match in the end (another "good" "bookworm").

True, it is my story. And one of the key pictures in my story was this one.
    AVvXsEiEMr31eNMuCaBmFSb8QBXSsnREhuZSRANfPO8oTWMQ-3jCNb8dDbhy--av9kdUB9mLkTHVJ0_7_dfUamNO08-Fsj5Id9l2fwocLF9sNdZ-t9tktUZesYPa8cMCKVZ0gsIscJuCSnvbM-0dGHTnv0D4d6j7lnEv1qca3XOKhgshpP_8ZA9KZRJEYqzB
    Three guesses what she was doing with the machine.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited May 2022
    @Nikkei_Simmer Awesome. I rarely use that function of the machine, but sometimes, it comes in handy, yes :smile: .

@texansky I forgot to answer your question regarding the lifespan I play on: It's modified long (3-12-30-30-60-60-30).

Just a pic of Karina Bling. That's the hair color that she inherited from Lilly-Bo Chique and Bronson Littler.
    p8rE73q.jpg
    I hope that at least one of her four children has similar hair.
    The guys in the front are two of Ethan's sons, Kelly Belle and Raymond Angelista.
  • Options
    @Turjan -exactly no more technophobe trait so that she can move up the teacher ranks without getting the desire to destroy electronics.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    She nodded and turned to head upstairs with Torao however leaned back into the dining room and stated. “No need for dinner for us tonight. We’re going to a movie and catching dinner at Hogan’s before so…” she trailed off.

River asked, “so where’s everyone else.”

“Eating out.”

“OK…” River said, “So it’s just me and Haruo tonight.”

“Yup, looks like it.”

River got up from her spot at the kitchen table and walked towards the stairs. “Gotta tell him the news.”

“Have fun…” Bebe smirked.

“You and your dirty mind…”.

Bebe just laughed as she retreated into her room with Torao.

River headed into her and Haruo’s shared room. “Hey, sweetheart, it’s just the two of us tonight. Everyone else is going off to do other stuff and eat out.”

“Great.” Her fiance looked up from the books while listening to Torelli’s Concerti Grossi in the background. “So it’s just the two of us, Babe?”

“Looks like it.” River sighed. “Cook together, I guess.” She gazed at him thoughtfully.

“Yeah, any thoughts on what we’re going to have?” Haruo ventured.

“Well we did get a plat of hamburger and some soft tortilla shells.” River informed him as she reached for his hand. “We also have salsa and sour cream.”

“Taco night, it is…” Haruo wrapped his arm around her waist.

“…and fun afterwards?”

“Yeah…but first…we gotta do what you said.”

“And what was that?” River smirked at him.

“Decorate the house for Christmas.”

“Good boy, you remembered.” She leaned in and kissed him. “So now that we’re finished studying, we need to head to the department store.”

“Well do we walk in this polar inversion or take the car?” Haruo thought for a long moment.

“Well…we could load all our stuff onto a toboggan and drag it home. Might work on the Christmas tree. After all, that’s what the voyageurs used to do for their supplies, y’know.”

Haruo leaned in for another kiss, “Yeah, honey, I know. Managed to get through Social Studies 8 and 9 where they covered colonization of Canada.”
    Everyday stuff with Haruo, River, Bebe and Torao.
    AVvXsEhTPqM-G7u9wrAB6qjuo0pAiv_Di-tlWJERkdfO8TxRuMrzwrUWtQX7dVec55Y74OaD85OTJ7M0BHKEsVEJeN1gu9FiLNMrx8d1jNjPCgD27y903A2gA-ZiyeK7l2F-sw0QNiWsdmgNaSP4JuhZFO7cAdr3AScusT2flDLAe9-svqOKQQqwvPWbUAYr
    Screenshot-217.jpg
    Better pics to illustrate this section when I get my replacement computer. 😁
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    Testing a few poses with my story couple Gwen and Parker.

3JxDYWZ.jpg

ymVxvpv.jpg

xnxHMQJ.jpg

m514Ndk.jpg

It is such a pain to stage these couple poses, I prefer the single ones.

• Options
    @Turjan

Ty, I deleted that folder after cause several folders take up so much
    space.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Screenshot.jpg
    Elizabeth: I'm so glad you made time to see me, how's life? Tell me about
    your family.I haven't seen them in a while.You been good, busier than ever, we small
    talk, work and the weather.

Screenshot-2.jpg
    Elizabeth: I go back to December all the time.It turns out freedom ain't nothing
    but missing you, wishing I knew what I had when you were mine, I'd go back to December
    all the time.

Screenshot-3.jpg
    Elizabeth: Oh you startled me!
    Derek: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. You like singing?
    Elizabeth: Don't judge me.
    Derek: I'm not judging, just asking...You sing well...
    Hang on a sec.

Screenshot-4.jpg
    Derek: Hey Jake...bout that favor you owe me...

Screenshot-5.jpg
    Derek: meet me here tomorrow at 4:30.
    Elizabeth: Uh...Why? What are you up to?

Screenshot-7.jpg
    Derek: I'm not up to anything...
    Elizabeth: Then what's with that goofy smile of yours?
    Derek: What smile?

Screenshot-8.jpg
    Elizabeth: That one right there, stop looking at me like that.
    Derek: Sorry...

Screenshot-6.jpg
    Derek: Stop with the spam calls! I already blocked you four times.
    Elizabeth: XD Its so funny when you get mad.
    Derek: It's not funny, Its annoying!

the next morning...

Screenshot-11.jpg
    Elizabeth was busy making floral arrangements for her friend's wedding.
    When someone knocked on the garage door.

Screenshot-12.jpg
    Derek: Can I come in?

Screenshot-13.jpg
    Elizabeth: Oh? Didn't expect to see you...
    Derek: Just a reminder to please meet me at the park..
    Elizabeth: Did you get a haircut?
    Derek: Don't judge...Kevin made me do it for a new film/
    Elizabeth: It actually looks good, don't get so defensive.
    Derek: Maybe I'll keep it this way. ;)
  • Options
    Have you ever revisited a story that you wrote and don't remember writing it.XD

Screenshot-29-1.jpg

Screenshot-43.jpg

I remember them moving to a new house like this but I don't remember THEM or what the story was about XD
    I only stumbled upon them because I was trying to find an old post with a road trip I had done.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I've done it. My two day mission to get my Big Game tidied up ended up taking me two months. It is now done. My spreadsheet is sufficiently up to date. I still don't have all of their ages and whey they are due to age up completed, and I stopped recording all of their various skill levels. But I do have all sims in the game now fully recorded and I have a report on a separate sheet that tells me how many sims are in each world and it all balances. So I'm ready to continue playing and I can get to work on the next video.

Problem is I'm still a bit miserable from Covid so may not make a lot of progress this week. I'll see how it all goes.

Happy Simming all.
  • Options
    Screenshot.jpg
    Derek: Good you made it, go get dressed before you go on.
    Elizabeth was confused.What did he mean "Go on"?
    Elizabeth: What did you do?
    Derek: I got you a chance to show off your talent..
    Elizabeth: What? Are you insane? I told you I do that in private.
    Derek: A simple thank you would have worked, not many people
    get that chance, maker!
    Elizabeth: I can't do this.
    Derek: You better, I put my reputation at risk for you.
    Elizabeth: Ugh...fine.

Screenshot-3.jpg
    Elizabeth: I can't...
    Kevin: You better, that fool put his career on the line.
    Elizabeth: I can almost see it, that dream I'm dreaming, but there's
    a voice inside my head, saying you'll never reach it.Every step I'm taking, every move
    I'm making, feels lost with no direction, my faith is shaken.But I...I gotta keep trying, keep
    my head held high.

Screenshot-5.jpg
    Elizabeth: But, there's always gonna be another mountain, I'm always
    gonna wanna make it move, always gonna be an uphill battle, sometimes I'm gonna
    have to lose, it ain't about how fast I get there, ain't about what's waiting on the other
    side...Its the climb

Screenshot-8.jpg
    Elizabeth: The Struggles I'm taking, the chances I'm making, might knock be down
    but no, I'm not breaking, these are the moments I'm gonna remember most and just gotta keep going..And
    I gotta be strong, keep pushing on..There's always gonna be another mountain, always gonna wanna make it move.
    Always gonna be an uphill battle, ain't about what's waiting on the other side, its the climb.

Screenshot-10.jpg
    Derek: I suppose you're mad at me?
    Elizabeth: A little bit...don't make me do that again!
    Derek: -rolls eyes- You're welcome?
    Elizabeth: -_-
    Derek: Are you heading straight home? Or do you have sometime to sit with me?
    Elizabeth: Sure, I can stay for a bit.

Screenshot-13.jpg
    Derek: You should really work on that self confidence, you were
    great.
    Elizabeth: You think so?
    Derek: Absolutely.
    They sat there in silence for a few moments studying each other.
    Derek pulled Elizabeth a little bit closer.

Screenshot-17.jpg

Screenshot-18.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2022
    I did a little makeover

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Penny_Pincher

This sim, link above

thCarbi.jpg

O67YTU2.jpg

To this one after the edit, she was difficult to makeover.

@Brandontaylor

He turned out great after the makeover.
    that hairstyle suits him.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I dunno if it’s just me, @Silverofdreams30 but she’s starting to look a bit like a young Naomi Judd (rest her soul).
    image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F6%2F2022%2F05%2F02%2FNaomi-Judd.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    It's been that kind of day. Actually, it's been "that kind of day" for a few weeks. I'm always grateful for SIMS to get away from reality for a time.

I have 3 games going, but I'm focused right now on trying to do the Jill of all Trades challenge. Wish me luck!
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    Summoned successfully!
    XFj6G6.jpg
    XFjcRK.jpg
    XFjyPx.jpg
    XFjrI1.jpg

Deterrent Squad
    XFxgDe.jpg
    XFxcuD.jpg

Jasmin everywhere! He is watermelon and jasmine flavor!
    XFx5Ct.jpg
    XFxogf.jpg
    XFxI8P.jpg
    XFxfUA.jpg
    XFxh4I.jpg
    XFxTv8.jpg

This is Patrick and Jasmin, killer and victim
    XkSpFA.jpg

And the cutie summoner Bronach and normal person (relatively speaking) Tol's house is opposite the weird duo...
    XkSFQf.jpg
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    @Turjan Wait, hold on, what are you saying? So if a couple of sims (that are in a romantic relationship) are sent to university, they won't technically be in one from then on, even if it says so? Or does the relationship only go away if one of them goes and the other is left behind in their hometown? Hmm...

Oh, and thanks about the comment on my most recent update. ;) Yeah, I guess my sims won't always be likeable in that sense, but they are who they are. Also, I don't consider Iselin and her family to be among my sims, technically. They were auto-generated by story progression must have randomly moved into town at one point from Sometown in Somewhere.. or wherever they came from...
    Ranveig used to be the favorite of all my sims, because I felt her struggles in life with being unlucky in romance and struggling to raise children on her own, but now with her most recent behavior I'm not so sure anymore.. :/ I'll probably have to change my profile picture soon if she doesn't get a grip on herself.. :P

---

Haha, what on earth? Is that a Napoleon gnome sleeping on his table? :P

@Nikkei_Simmer Interesting. I thought, kind of like Turjan, that Bebe.. happy go-lucky? Nah, not really.. She is not a very well developed character for me, all I know about her is that she was always embarrassed about her parents strangeness when she was younger (along the lines of what it says in the original bio somewhere.. she is now an elder), and so would often prefer to not hang out much in public, but stay at home to read books and write.. a little bit reclusive and moody.. and of course, since she hates tv's and everything technological, I made her the founder of the Sunset Valley Luddite Society. :P I have always liked the way your version of Bebe looks though, if you changed something about her appearance? You have made her look cute. :P

You would probably not like that River McIrish is a completely ignored character by me. :P I really don't know anything about her at all, but this is also in part because when I started the game I didn't want to play with the premades, so this goes for a lot of them. They were just background noise...

@Brandontaylor It was amusing to watch, but Lily is being unfair. :P From my limited experience of playing with teenagers it appears to be a very stressful time, with school and then homework and work in the afternoon.. and demanding parents that scold you.. not at all surprised he wanted to watch tv anyway, and went on to vent his frustrations by egging someones house. ;)

th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    @Turjan @Silverofdreams30 @MamaSimTee thank you all for your kind thoughts. I've been taking it easy and still have a cold which I suppose is still Covid as it has only been like a head cold for me so far. They told us if we get vaccinated we can still get Covid but it won't be likely to send us to hospital so I had 3 vaccinations so far and that seems to have kept me from geting worse - so far at least.

I think I'll start putting together the next Oscar's Teen Years video today. It will probably take me a week to get it up onto YouTube.

Over the past couple of months I've been working through all of the sims in the Big Game. I had ignored them all for such a long time things had got way out of balance and I could no longer rely on my spreadsheet to tell me where they all were currently living. Many of the worlds were overstuffed. There were large gardens that were making worlds difficult to play in and often impossible to save. I found dozens of imaginary friend dolls in inventories of sims aged between baby and adult. I'd been ignoring the dolls. I find them useful for toddlers to have as they tend to play with their dolls instead of sitting crying whenever they have some idle time. I usually have large households and if there are a few toddlers in the household it is next to impossible for me to keep them all entertained all of the time and crying toddlers tend to disrupt smooth running of the game for most of the sims in the household and they are also annoying to listen to.

I decided I would have some fun and turn real all of the imaginary friends I found in inventories of sims that were child and over in age. The child sims still like to play with their dolls but I decided to make the dolls real where possible at the child age to give them a chance of learning some child skills. I doubt that level of skilling is of much benefit though. It would be better for them to age up at the toddler stage but then that would defeat the primary purpose of them getting the dolls in the first place.

My aim was to remove all dolls from inventories. I soon discovered that was fraught with confusion - I was constantly asking 'where did he/she get that doll?'. It turns out some of the children love having the doll in their inventory. They are quite happy to turn their dolls real as they seem to have a way of obtaining a replacement doll. At first I thought they were stealing dolls from younger siblings but I soon worked out that was not the case. Somehow the game generates replacement dolls for them. As fast as I make them real they generate another doll. As a result, several households have more imaginary friends made real than sims who received dolls in the first place. Eventually I got the message and stopped making the additional dolls real. I decided if those young sims are so attached to having a doll in their inventory they can keep it. I was so over making them all real and giving them makeovers. I started experimenting with all sorts of looks for them. I like to give my sims a unique look but after a while they seemed to me to be looking all the same so when I was moving around facial sliders I started forcing myself to do the opposite of what I usually did and this did add a little more variety to some of them. They are all still just sims though.

I have lots of short videos I recorded along the way. I'm not sure if I should put them together and put them up onto YouTube as an 'outtakes' type of video. Or maybe to a few short videos containing a few outtakes every so often.

Here are a few recent screen shots.

This is one group of Sims gathered together in Cake Island and about to set off for another world. Possibly they are headed for Ridgeview - in Summer. That was one of the most recent new worlds I added to the game.
    AGroup-Of-Sims-Setting-Off-For-ANew-World001.jpg

This hair was given to a variety of newly made real imaginary friends. Not all had this particular colour combination. This is the second one I've posted here. It is not easily forgotten.
    Aother-One-Got-This-Look-Be-Default001.jpg

With this imaginary friend made real I resisted the temptation to give him a flat profile and a well defined nose. I'll have to do things like that more often.
    ASlightly-Different-Look-After-Make-Over001.jpg

ASlightly-Different-Look-After-Makeover002.jpg

I've forgotten his name but he was the Imaginary Friend of Stanley O'Shea. Stanley is the eldest son of Gloria O'Shea. Gloria is one of Gobias Koffi's daughters and she married Kearney O'Shea from Dragon Valley. Expect Eric and Susanne and Oscar to spend some time in this household. Gloria is almost an Elder now and she and Kearney had two teenage sons so during the time I've been doing this project I organised for them to have two more children. They now have a pair of toddlers named Tad and Grace. Tad was born while I was off doing something else and the game named him, I chose Grace and was so pleased to not have to look up a list of baby names beginning with c, or b, or j or anything not being a first initial of a given name of an imaginary friend.

Here are some more pics of the O'Shea household.

OShea-Household001.jpg

OShea-Household002.jpg

OShea-Household003.jpg

OShea-Household004.jpg

OShea-Household005.jpg

I tried to give most of the Imaginary Friends some skills after they were made real. While in Cake Island I made a lot of them real and they all had to go fishing at some point. Here are a couple of the latecomers. I was getting over the fishing idea by this time.

Cake-Island-IFs-Made-Real-Fishing001.jpg

This is the toddler I found living alone in the Lochlan house in Dragon Valley. Not only was he alone in the house, but he was the only sim living in the world. Last time I saw him he was a child living with his brother and mother in Norbrewych. Then he became corrupt and invisible. I tried really hard to fix him but couldn't and I think I eventually did the total annihilation on him to try to stop him from breaking the game. Much later I found him as a toddler in an otherwise empty Dragon Valley.

Davis-Mithrilen001.jpg

I took the toddler, Davis, to the library where it was quiet so he could get through reading his toddler books quickly. Fortunately the Sim with the megaphone didn't interrupt his studies.
    Davis-Mithrilen002.jpg

Melanie and Isabel arriving in Norbrewych with toddler Davis.
    Melanie-Kelly-Isabel-Howe-Davis-Mithrilen001.jpg

Since the game wouldn't let my sims travel from a totally empty world I made a new fairy to stay all alone in Dragon Valley. I don't know if we'll see her again. But here is a picture of her.

Titania-Flower001.jpg

Davis's elder brother is a teen and his imaginary friend was made real and given the name of Carol. I didn't give the imaginary friends of the Mithrilen boys blue skin, but I gave their hair a blue tint. I like to try to make the imaginary friends blend into their new families if I can manage it. Since Davis was a child in this world I aged him up from toddler to child and he made his imaginary friend real too.
    Riordan-Davis-Carol-Mithrilen-And-IF001.jpg

Riordan-Davis-Carol-Mithrilen-And-IF002.jpg

Riordan-Davis-Mithrilen-And-IF001.jpg

The little fairy with the curly yellow wings is the daughter of Lucy and Freddy Flower. Lucy is a genie and Freddy is a fairy. They also have a son, JohnPaul Flower. He is a hybrid Fairy/Genie. The little mermaid with the dark scales is Puck Kluver - he is the son of a version of Salty Seaworth and I changed his scale colour to reflect Salty's scale colour.
    Flower-And-Kluver-With-IF001.jpg

Puck-Cluver-And-IF001.jpg

IFAbout-To-Be-Given-APotion-To-Drink001.jpg

I don't remember the names of all of the dozens of imaginary friends I gave makeovers to but I did occasionally manage to get a screen shot.

IFMade-Real-Getting-AMakeover001.jpg

These are some of the children who were imaginary friends and are now real and enjoying the tree house in Cake Island.
    IFs-Made-Real-In-Tree-House001.jpg

IFs-Made-Real-In-Tree-House002.jpg

I moved all of the sims from the boarding school in Chocolate Cake Island. I deleted the huge farm/garden that was across the street from the boarding school building and the world is now playable. However I wasn't able to leave the world without any sims in it. The travel option didn't give me an error - it just didn't happen. So I moved a couple of households into it and left them there. If I ever use that boarding school again I suppose we might meet some of them. They've all come from really old games and haven't been played for years prior to 2014 so I'm sure they won't mind being left there without being disturbed.

Mara Nix was one of the teens who had travelled to the boarding school in Chocolate Cake Island and she was returned to her parents in Moonlight Falls. I had to enlarge their house to make room for her and her stuff and her imaginary friend made real.

Nix-Household001.jpg

Nix-Household002.jpg

This was interesting to watch. While Mara worked on making the required potion I watched her Imaginary Friend stand and watch her for a while but every so often it'd wander off and set a booby trap on something. It did it in the adjoining bathroom and then I got a pic of it standing up from making a trap on the computer. I actually watched it doing it. For some reason it had never occurred to me that it was the imaginary friends that were not yet made real that were setting all of those traps around my sims houses.

This is some other Imaginary Friend becoming friends with its owner prior to being made real. The owner could be another imaginary friend made real. Those dolls were multiplying in inventories and I eventually gave up the idea of getting rid of them out of all inventories by making them all real. They multiply.
    Pillow-Fight-To-Make-Friends001.jpg

Finally, once everyone was settled into their worlds we dropped Melanie Kelly off to live with Mary Genie in Twikkii Island and then Isabel Howe headed back to the Boarding School in Moonfall Island. That's were I found Aislin Walshe's cat and then discovered I'd dumped Aislin there too. She came with Dragon Valley. She is almost an elder when a new version of Dragon Valley first starts up. She has interested me for a long time because I found her so difficult to get a hold of. She is there and then she's and elder and sort of vanishes. So I dropped her off at the currently active Boarding School where I plan to give her a Young Again Potion so I can play her for a while. This of course means I'll have to move a current baby sitter or two out of the boarding school. I haven't decided which ones yet. I'll have to check on their skills.

Aislin Walshe and Elouise Britten a the Moonfall Island boarding school.
    Aislin-Walshe-And-Eloise-Brittian001.jpg

Happy Simming All.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Hey everyone. Sorry I have not been around commenting lately. My bank account is building though. :grin: I did finally get a window unit which has helped cool the front of the house, but will need to get another before the hottest part of summer gets here. I read the thread every morning while drinking my coffee and click the awesome button, because your stories and pictures are awesome and give me that sim fix I need when I cannot play.

I still have not had time to play my Ghost story properly to finish it. I do miss them terribly. When I do have a few minutes or half hour I'm building for DMK (Disney Magic Kingdom world collaboration) or messing around in create a sim fixing some of the homeless in Supernatural. I keep forgetting to pop in game and take pictures though.

I've got my grandson today and he is happily playing with blocks building tall towers and knocking them down. I think he has seen too many of @Nikkei_Simmer's pictures. :lol:

@mycami21 Was nice to see you pop in and you too @king_of_simcity7.

@Karritz So sorry about the Covid. I know you were being so careful! Hope you don't have any nasty residual from it.

I did pop in on Dwight and Lorelei back in April and found him watching her take a bath. :wink: I did remember to take a pictures of that. The triplets were playing in the barn. :open_mouth: I teleported them into their playroom. (So much for hands off. LOL) Much more fun than the barn! Perhaps I will add a few safe toys in the barn next time I pop in.
    51982052345_5a3477b710_o.jpg
  • Options
    I had three days off, with today being the last one before I go back for two more days. I didn't end up playing the save anymore during the three days, due to another game. A while back, I got that bundle deal on 8 different Batman games but had only played part of Arkham Knight. The other day, I decided to start at the beginning of the full story and I downloaded Arkham Origins. Instead of being a veteran superhero, Batman has only been Batman for 2 years and is just starting to meet some of his most famous villains. The game partially focuses on his first meeting with the Joker, and it introduces Dr. Harleen Quinzel, the psychologist that Joker twists into becoming Harley Quinn. Last night, I was fighting the character Bane, and it was a very intense fight that I kept losing. I finally beat it, and then I got into a fight with the Firefly, a pyromaniac, but it was easier than the Bane fight. In comics, Bane once broke Batman's back and someone had to fill in as Batman, but that guy got really insane and when Batman was healed, he had to take on the imposter Batman. Of course, the Arkham games are their own continuity, but there are a lot of similarities. Anyway, I'm going to try to get caught up on the thread and post my updates before the potential severe weather hits today. I mostly just plan on relaxing today.

@GraceyManor Yeah, it's an awesome bar.
    Being a lifeguard would be interesting.
    Oh yeah, the paparazzi would be swarming and the internet would be all abuzz trying to figure out who she is.
    Great update!
    Hmm, maybe she has a future in music? Then she'd be famous too, lol
    I hate those calls, in the Sims and real life.
    I don't remember that story of yours, but it may have been one I wasn't here for.
    I used to like that song by Miley Cyrus when it was out, but I never was like a huge fan or anything of her. I knew more of Billy Ray Cyrus and "Achy Breaky Heart", since it was a song that was out when I was really small. I did watch Hannah Montana a little bit in the past, and I did like it all right.
    Great update!

@jillbg And boy do you all deliver. I always get excited when I see new updates for stories.

@Sprottenham Yeah, I think that's who I meant. I forgot to mention her name though.
    I'm not sure who the woman is, but she's attracted to someone. Maybe the guy who is falling asleep next to her. It's funny, but she looks like she's looking at either Lily or Elizabeth.
    Lol, he must.
    Thanks!
    I know, I was getting irritated with her. I'm the one who made him watch TV. :naughty:

@Silverofdreams30 Nice job on the Sims!
    Thanks!
    Cool poses. I never mess with them much, but I have in the past.

@Karritz Sorry to hear you got COVID, hope you feel better soon.
    Nice job on the fairy.
    Great updates!

@Turjan It sure takes some time to get to 10, but it can be done.
    I think they are too, I hope that they have cute babies.
    Lol, I never have either, mostly because I don't play with ghosts much.
    Yeah, I thought it would be good to illustrate that I sent Harlan back.
    Lol, those fairies can be a handful.
    Thanks!
    Poor gnome, he's gonna get eaten.
    Neat hairstyle.

@Nikkei_Simmer Bebe is a good Sim to play. I haven't really played her much where I share her on here, but I have had a Sim marry her before.
    River's definitely got a fiery side, at least the way you play her. She's in my family tree for the Goth family, but I forget who she had kids with.
    Naomi Judd was a great singer. I was shocked when I heard about her death, especially as tragic as it was. The country music community lost her, then we lost another great country artist in Mickey Gilley. He's Jerry Lee Lewis's cousin.

@bekkasan I think Dwight wants to join Lorelei. :wink:

****Okay, I might be the only one interested in this, but I just saw the new trailer for the Elvis biopic so I of course have to share it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEsXZSqfwJs
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Another little excerpt: (River and Haruo go Christmas decoration shopping at Zellers (a former Canadian department store.).
    (A half hour later)

“So should we get that 6 foot blue spruce or the 7.5 footer Douglas fir?” Haruo asked eyeballing the large box on the shelf of the Zellers Holiday Section. Shopping with River for Christmas decorations was an eye-opening experience. It had shown him a passionate side of River who wanted to commemorate life events with an ornament for the tree. For them a Christmas tree was a life-tree and the momentous events of their life would be encapsulated by the ornaments on the tree, First Christmas Together, maybe a custom ornament to say First Christmas Together as a Married Couple, and Baby’s First Christmas. River had a dreamy look in her eyes as she looked over at the ornament in her hands as she envisioned a life with her husband to be.

“That seven and a half footer looks nice. Would last us quite a few Christmases.” River pondered. “But the Blue Spruce also looks nice. I just don’t like the size. It just seems a bit on the small side.”

Haruo hefted the box that had the seven and a half foot Douglas fir box. Artificial appeared to be the way to go until they had their property which they could do what they wanted with it in terms of decorating during the holiday season; whether it be bringing home a natural tree or continuing to put up an artificial one. “So, this is the one? Sweetheart?”

“Yeah, honey, I think so.” River responded. They’d gotten a few groceries at the same time so that Christmas tree was not going to fit in the cart. “Now we need to get some garlands.

“Tinsel?”

“No…if we got those we’d be having to vacuum the floor every time Franz goes near the tree. That stuff will constantly fall off the tree and make life hell to clean up. We’ll just stick with a garland.” River decided.
    Sorry, bc I have no computer, no fresh pics this time.

@bekkasan - 😁👍 Bank account increasing is a good thing. Ours has gone on a permanent diet. Everything keeps going out in expenses. (~sigh~) 🤣 however being away from sims is probably not fun, regardless of your increase in funds.

I’m coping with no computer. Haven’t gone nuts yet. 😁. I do find writing text helps move the story along and I can add in the pics I need later when I replace my dead computer with a live one. 🤣

@Sprottenham - I figure each sim gamer has their own way of playing and thus the premades just act a certain way unless they’re interacted with. I chose to interact with my favorite premades and well they integrate well with my OC family I’ve created with multiple “ever faithful” moodlets popping up here and there. I’ll see what my two new “cousins” of Haruo do with their girlfriends but they’re incidental characters as opposed to Haruo, River, Torao and Bebe, the main four who will be the focus of what is going to turn into an Inmortal Legacy. (i don’t do challenges). 😁.
    B1F97DE9-1F8F-4987-8285-9250C4FFB77E.jpeg

@Brandontaylor - I’ve tried to play River as much like @Featherbelle temperament-wise. Had to since she shares a backstory with my RL wife.

Bebe on the other-hand is pretty much a carefree spirit, the way I play her. But I had to get rid of her technophobe trait and the brain-wave scanner from University EP was the only way I could do it within canon Sims play. She’s friends with Holly (that’s canon) and River (not canon from what I can tell.

But I enjoy story-telling and well creative writing was my forte in high school so…😁.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer

That was a bit similarity between them,
    Cool photo.

My fiber network was down all day, now Im off to sleep night.
  • Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    @Brandontaylor I LOVE the Arkham games. I played all of them. I was always terrible, but I don't care. I love the Arkham version of Harley Quinn as well.

Work is insane right now. I was talking to an old co-worker from the museum. I told her that my weeks right now are like the high energy time in the Fall in Sleepy Hollow. Just now it's near the end of the school year and all our school kid patients need their exams so they're approved for September.

Thank goodness I have my SIMS because playing the games turns my brain off from the stressful stuff. Last night when I was playing the Jill of all Trades save, I didn't notice the time. I loved it. Yesterday, as most people now, it was just a terrible day for the United States (please no political stuff, I 'm just pointing out it was a hard day). I refused to keep the TV on. I played my game while watching a cute, sweet show I like on Netflix to turn off my brain.

I think I'll do the same tonight, just to relax and find some fun and kindness in the world.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    @Brandontaylor

I need to get back to my story, not played it for a
    while. Thank you.
  • Options
    I had started working on the next Oscar's Teen Years video before I started fixing up my Big Game. I thought it would take me about 2 days to fix up all the issues with the Big Game. In fact it took me closer to 2 months.

Now I inspect the video I was working on I can see why I abandoned it to fix up the game. It might take me a while but I'll get it done.

Happy Simming All

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top