Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

This is the first time I have ever had a Sim abducted while visiting a friend's house! This is Ella Ashburn from the One Tomato Challenge. Sometimes I just need to play something else. :wink:

c4e74b_8a253a02365a4e77a8065311dd6ab64b~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_f346d6d31bdc425d9fcb4ea911dde286~mv2.jpg
    c4e74b_b957dd0014704a6f806d11eac104a33d~mv2.jpg

They dropped her off outside her friend's home.
    c4e74b_cd563851bb8141ab80f7f29d6dd739d2~mv2.jpg

• BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Goth Family, Days 303 through 307, Part 3

fYT522I.jpg
    At a party, Daisy chatted with Rain Yu. Rain has been in the save for a long time now, and is just now about to age into an elder.

i6EOGEq.jpg
    She also chatted with Sheena Langerak. Sheena needed a shower, but I somehow lost the moodlet manager, so I used MC to get rid of the moodlet, causing the game to think she took a shower.

WtFqb9J.jpg
    Before she left, she also chatted with the one who invited her to the party. I think his name is Jamal Tolliver, but I might be wrong. Doesn't matter though, he's not important.

hsJA543.jpg
    When she got home, she didn't even make it into the house before she died.

3KISnFD.jpg
    Only one family member was going to quit what they were doing to see Daisy go, but I made them all come out to say their goodbyes.

jbVB9gI.jpg
    Brandon did some meditation to calm himself after Daisy's death. It also helped him out with his martial arts.

mh0kPdw.jpg
    The meditation brought him to level 9 or a black belt in martial arts.

K0OEUGY.jpg
    Lily started to teach Jacob how to play chess.

2WyOaBF.jpg
    But then, Jacob met up with Christa and they shared some time together.

yBYR48A.jpg
    Knowing they were both about to be young adults, Jacob asked Christa if she'd be his wife, although not until they graduated. Christa said yes, so now they are on track for a wedding soon.

yq0pqzJ.jpg
    Lily went to a party, and she chatted with a distant relative named Kizzie Langerak.

bG8KwiR.jpg
    Jacob ordered a pizza, but he was the only one who had some, other than Christa who was still there.

QUO1r0z.jpg
    Lily chatted with Elizabeth about Daisy's death, and she ended up crying on her shoulder. Elizabeth lost her best friend as well, so I'm going to make Elizabeth and Lily be friends as well. They already are friends, but I'll be inviting her over some to hang out.

0ZUyUCV.jpg
    Lily also had to hand out an autograph to a fan, who I believe is also a distant relative. I'm pretty sure he is Dwight's son. If anyone remembers, I let Dwight move out when Melanie die and he had another wife and more kids.

2nNPY2i.jpg
    Lastly, Lily chatted with Christa.

***Went back to day 49 for a bit so I could get pictures of Sims who have long been deceased by day 308. I'm trying to put a picture to every person on the family tree I made on Family Echo. This is so I will have something to remind me of the Sims who are distant relatives. I'll eventually share the link again if anyone is interested. It's mostly just because I will be moving the family soon, and the family tree that developed in Sunset Valley will be gone when I move them to Moonlight Falls. Speaking of, I think it might be at least day 400 before they move, unless something happens where I have to do it earlier. I am going back into day 49 for a bit tonight to get more of the pictures, then might just mess around in that old save or I might load up the current day we are at and play, I'm not sure on that one though.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Just popping in to see how everyone is doing it seems like the boards have gone quiet so I been playing some other games in the mean tome
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Brandontaylor hehe, yep, I think that is exactly what Dwight wants to do.
    Sorry to see that Daisy died.
    Glad to see Jacob and Christa got engaged.

@Nikkei_Simmer Yep, good it's increasing but yeah, goes out too fast with bills. I found out I have an oil leak in the car needs fixing. If it's not one thing, it's another. I'm glad the writing helps you. I've been making notes, but have not fleshed out the writing for the story. Perhaps this weekend I can just enjoy some writing time. I'm cat sitting my son's cats, but other than that am not working...except housework...does that count? LOL

@Karritz I'm having trouble getting back into my story with my limited time. I have some stuff to do in the house today, but I plan on playing in Mary's story and doing some writing in it this weekend.

@texansky Great pics of the abduction!

@GraceyManor Still around but busy with life. I'm hoping for some play time today. I do have a build almost ready to post for Disney, perhaps later today I can post it. :grin:

I found some screenshots in a folder taken back in April from Supernatural. This is Sam Beckett rushing to an emergency at the hospital. He is a medical doctor in this world rather than a scientist.
    52103778622_206ebdf436_o.jpg

Sam's lovely wife, our very own @emorrill's simself, caring for their dog Audie. Does she have a certain glow about her?
    52104842703_eb67a8de61_o.jpg

Judy was watching her Jorge at the park but abandoned him to watch the train set.
    52103778762_6c0cd36c2d_o.jpg

She decided it would be more fun to play in the train rather than watch it go around.
    52105057514_70d863db89_o.jpg

52103778732_085c54cbd0_o.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    @bekkasan - hope the oil leak can be sealed with some welding and doesn’t result in the whole oil-pan having to be replaced - because that gets pretty pricey.

Never seems to fail does it? You think you have just a little extra put aside and then Murphy shows up. “Guess what, an unexpected expense - guess where that little extra’s going…”. Hopefully you get to enjoy some of that time writing.

Me: it’s just me n’the iPhone n’my somewhat “rusty” memory of what’s able to be done with Sims 3. 🤣
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Cedar Bay Cabin

Do you love cats? This is the starter home for you at just under §16,500. Designed with the cat lover in mind with all the kitty amenities and toys needed. Enjoy the beautiful views of Bay Lake from either the front porch or the back of the cabin. Plenty of room for expansion as your family grows. Built for Disney Magic Kingdom Collaboration at 14 Wilderness Trail. No CC, no CAP. Custard checked.

52091631623_62c422581c_o.jpg

52091631773_5639d3cb35_o.jpg

52091857119_19724e0c06_o.jpg

52091631733_56017c7e04_o.jpg

52104169352_b2a266a4af_o.jpg

52091857039_aabf3d48a1_o.jpg

52091857019_fc71c40d0b_o.jpg

52104169522_905ebec18e_o.jpg

52092117150_c9e0b418f0_o.jpg

Custard checked.
    52092490265_acc76dfeb1_o.jpg
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    @bekkasan beautiful house. I think I'm going to have to download it. The cat lover that I am really adores the house.
    @texansky how rude that the aliens couldn't at least drop her off at her house!
    @GraceyManor I've been quietly playing. RL is kicking my b**t. Changes at work. Busy schedule. It's pouring here today. I think I'm going to get some playing time in.
    @Brandontaylor, @Nikkei_Simmer and @emorrill always like seeing you check in, even when I'm really bad about checking in myself.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

@jillbg
    I am all caught up on your Grey Witches story (or should I say stories :lol: )

Your cliffhangers are worse than Who shot JR Ewing. :open_mouth:

Can't wait to read more. No pressure! :wink:
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    Great updates all, not been on the forums much this
    weekend but played a bit of s 3 yd.

@MamaSimTee Thank you. I've enjoyed building, but the starters are a challenge with that budget limit. :grin: I hope the real life challenges improve for both of us.
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    Oh, only one new page on this thread since my last visit, guess I'm not the only one being slow.. strangely, that makes me feel a bit better about being just that. ;) :P

I think I can safely throw my idea of posting updates every second day over board.. because I just find myself unable to do that... (splash).. there you go! Ah, the ship feels a bit lighter already! :P

@Nikkei_Simmer Yeah, I suppose interacting with a premade will change how they act in response, and so on, so there are probably many possibilities on how they will act and be seen in each persons game. :P

Seeing the "ever faithful" moodlet is always satisfying, especially if sims autonomously start their own relationships and I have done nothing to make it appear..

@texansky I haven't seen it happen, but I think I have heard they can come back pregnant after being abducted, which is umm.... "interesting"...

@Brandontaylor "I was smelly and in need of a shower, then somehow mysteriously the next thing I knew I felt as clean as I had just come out of a bath..."

Oh, and then she dies.. :( Rest in peace, Daisy..

And there's a teen engagement. Cute. ;) I'm sure Christa will be a good wife.

@bekkasan Starter home downloaded. ;) It looks nice, if I decide to use it anywhere I will try to somehow give credits for it. :P Building starter homes and having to stay with that budget probably isn't my favorite part of the game, so having some of those handy might be useful. :P
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    edited May 2022
    Chapter 17.4 – Sprottenham – December 2022 part I: In the circle of life...

Narrators notes:

Well you know, I'm just gonna have to do the usual round and head north again from Sunset Valley to the small coastal town of Sprottenham and the Chitrakaar-Bråheim family where everyone is sleeping, safe and sound.. kind of..

OuheWYQ.jpg

I am reusing a previously posted picture here (because I'm lazy). This one is from a year ago in their timeline, before the Jensen/Rasmussen family (marked with A) moved from Greenacre Road and just slightly down and to the left to the house at the end of Southfield Road.

Elton John - Circle of Life

Gautes notes:

OUUcRCJ.jpg

I usually don't get nightmares, but I had a pretty strange and uncomfortable dream tonight.. I was walking down this long narrow hallway lit up by a dim sickly green light when I was approached by a woman in a white lab coat, shoulder length hair and a pair of golden hoop earrings. She asked me to follow her, and for some reason she kept referring to me over and over as the undertaker, and that I would soon be there. I kept asking her "Where? Where are we going?", but she just kept repeating herself as we walked on. "We will be there soon, undertaker. We will be there soon..", but we just walked on for what would seem like an eternity, and no matter what I said or tried to ask her, she just kept on repeating the exact same thing "We will be there soon undertaker, we will be there soon..", before she suddenly turned around and put her hand on my chest and said "Stop. We're here. The door is on your left." And sure enough, there was a door, a grey door with a narrow window up and to the right of the door pull handle. The door looked very institutional, as if it belonged in a hospital or some other type of healthcare facility.
    "Open it. You have to open it" she said.

"Why?" I asked her. "Why do I have to open the door, and what happens if I do?"

"Just open it. You're almost there now, undertaker. Almost there now. Just open the door. Just push.. breathe, and push... almost there now, almost there..."

Well, I had no choice then, but to push the door open, and as I did, I could see my mom and my brothers, and then suddenly I was looking down on myself from above as I ran towards them shouting for my dad. "Where is dad!? What happened to dad!?" I shouted, but my voice was.. different, and when I reached them, they all vanished into thin air and then it was just me, alone, in a big empty room. Not even the woman in the white coat was there, and well, that's when I woke up and realized it was a dream...

YNaW64O.jpg

I couldn't go to sleep right away, so I stood by the window for a moment watching as the rotating beam of the old memorial lighthouse swept across the night sky. It was still three hours more until I had to get out of bed, and get ready for work...I eventually made it back to sleep again, and luckily I had no more dreams that night.

TAo2y3k.jpg

When I woke up again to get ready for work, the house was quiet and everything was by the normal, except for, well, the shower breaking. I had no time to fix it as I had to soon rush out the door, so I called for a repair man to come over and get it done.

Wapt5oB.jpg

I kept wondering about that strange dream on the way to work. I couldn't really figure it out, but I felt it had a message of some kind. I was certain it would have something to do with family, but I wasn't sure what.

Leyas notes:

eupuLJu.jpg

This morning started the usual way, with Orinder waking me up from his crib. I knew from his voice he was hungry as I had already learnt to interpret him. That sulk could only mean one thing..

IdwSQ9u.jpg

Mommy just needed to do a little private errand first, so I let him out of his crib and headed for the bathroom where a couple of unpleasant surprises waited for me.

HhwLzjq.jpg

This house has served us good for the year and half we've been living here with no major issues, but now water was gushing from the shower and kept leaking out all over the floor of the upstairs bathroom, and, well, I know this man was there just do his job, but I really needed to go..

4J99AUz.jpg

I heard the school bus honk outside and the front door slam shut, so I knew Bodil was on her way to school, she's such a good girl, getting up and making breakfast for herself alone already.

Py7HHZu.jpg

With Bodil out the door, Orinder had gone into her room to play with her dollhouse. Realizing he had crawled all the way over there I became worried he would hurt his knees or get splinters in his hands from these wooden floors.
    "So so, mommy's little boy. You stay here and play, mommy just has to go take a bath and I'll be right back."

Continues in spoiler:
    2POCu14.jpg

I didn't want to use the newly repaired shower, so I went for the bathtub, but as I filled it up I noticed the water pressure wasn't really there as it took ages to fill. Water wasn't leaking from the shower, but just to make sure I called the repair man again to have come over and inspect the piping, because there still had to be something wrong somewhere.

Narrators notes:
    A right decision by Leya, because earlier in the bathroom downstairs as Bodil was doing her morning routine to get ready for school...

MUwRQEn.jpg

Home owners will know, something will break sooner or later, and accidents always seem to pile up. ;) The elements are useful as long as we are in control and can keep them in their spaces, but they always try to find a way... It's a constant battle between order and chaos. :P Give and take...

Leyas notes:

xN79ZIx.jpg

With Bodil at school and Gaute at work I had the entire day to teach Orinder how to walk, so that he could move around more safely.. or uhmm, maybe not, but... I didn't want to see him have to crawl around on the floor anymore, so there was only one thing to do.

PHoyhvc.jpg

My boy is so clever, he was making really rapid progress and he was almost ready to walk around on his own by the time I had to get ready for my shift at the theatre. I'm so proud of him.

Gautes notes:

wzO0EhR.jpg

As I was playing a game of darts after work today, I started thinking about Selma. We had known each other since we were kids growing up by the Appaloosian mountains. I hadn't seen her in quite a while now since we moved to her new house and wanted to catch up, so I invited her over. She was fast to come over, because shortly after I had gone inside to change Orinders diaper we could hear the doorbell ringing. I ran quickly upstairs with him, so that he could stay in Bodils room to play with the toys.

GduQWIR.jpg

Selmas profile:

3AN2Hz1.jpg

Full name: Selma Vaddelmyr
    Place of birth: Dole Plains.
    Date of birth: July 2nd, 1992.
    Personality traits: Couch potato, slob, virtuoso, heavy sleeper, charismatic.
    Education: High school.
    Current career: Band Manager
    Lifetime wish: Super Popular (completed).
    Spouse: Christoffer Vaddelmyr.
    Children: Jorunn Vaddelmyr.

Gautes notes:

DlzrXHt.jpg

When I came downstairs again to answer the door, it looked like she had left, but just to make sure I took a walk around the house and found her on the way towards the backyard to play a game of darts. I asked her how her day had been and she said it was alright, but that she was struggling with back pains, which from looking at her belly wasn't to surprising.

PvhA2Em.jpg

She was still being har charming good old self, though, as she complimented my looks. I knew she meant nothing with it though, seeing as we are both married, but she has always been this way. I remember in school, she was always surrounded by a group of friends, and when we were teenagers we would alternate between throwing the wildest parties on the plains... After high school, I got restless and wanted to move on to bigger things, so I headed westwards to the coast and the city where I met Leya for the first time. I was still young then and not ready to settle down, so a year later I left the city to travel around the country, never staying to long in one place.. those were the days...

8lGlpc5.jpg

Selma on the other hand, had always been a country girl, though, so she stayed behind on the plains. We lost touch for a while during these years. It wasn't until after I had ended up here I ran by both her and Leya again as they were doing a performance with their choir in the park.. And it was Selma that (re) introduced me to Leya and almost played the part of the match maker, and, well, here we are...

529DOlE.jpg

Bodils notes:

awNiHI9.jpg

After school and ballet practice I wanted Edny to come over to hangout, so I called her and invited her over. Ednys mom has gone away to prison for having done some really bad things, but Edny isn't bad like her mom, she's a friend to me. I had to do my homework too, and I had just gotten started when she was at the door. Dad was out in the garden playing darts with Selma, one of his friends. Mom was at work, she always works in the afternoon.

onwTAdQ.jpg

I invited her in and we walked into moms painting room. Edny is the smartest girl in school, she is the best at maths and I can always ask her when I don't understand multiplication and division. I hate division the most, it's so difficult! Edny makes it sound simple, but I'm still not sure if I understand it.

WBO6xDM.jpg

She told me her father had began to put away money from the child support her mom has to pay in the bank for her when she got older and that the money would multiply. I'm not sure how that works, but I guess that's just what banks do, they make the money multiply to make more money.

0p4ymCK.jpg

We goofed around a bit, before we did our homework. Homework is very boring, but it's a little better when you have a smart friend.

qLI6OCG.jpg

Gautes notes:

AQqOiSY.jpg

I have always enjoyed pushing boundaries and going to the extremes, and one day I hope to be able to experience watching our planet floating around in space, completely weightless.. This requires extensive training that only the military can offer, which is perfect for me, I love a good workout. The only drawback is that it requires discipline and getting up early in the morning, which of course also means going earlier to bed. I had to excuse myself to Selma and went upstairs to put Orinder in his crib before I had to go to bed.

8Cu5Vdv.jpg

Of course, my rest didn't last long before Orinder was screaming at me. Well, that was the punishment for not feeding him before bedtime..

0WrjXxp.jpg

Selma was still hanging around, entertaining herself by playing an old country tune, "Riverview Blues", on her guitar.

XU9aNka.jpg

In the meantime as I was feeding Orinder I heard Leya out in the hallway walking up the stairs as she came home from work. She was probably tired from work and went straight to bed.

ICAMMu2.jpg

Bodil had her friend Edny over from school. I always knew something fishy was going on over at the old peat factory, I just never knew the scope of it, or that Edny's mom was involved in it. I mean, it's a good thing the case is cleared up and that the wrongdoers get their punishment, but it's still so sad for a child to see their parent get locked away.. I hope she's doing alright. She's welcome to come over here any time she wants.

Q35H4Yz.jpg

It makes you think about the importance of being present and being a good parent..and after she had biked home, it was bedtime for Bodil.

EvR349W.jpg

I got an uncomfortable message from Laranya, Leyas mother, when I was picking a book from the shelf to read Bodil a bedtime story. She was a the hospital with Deepak. He had fallen on the bathroom floor and when she tried to talk to him, he wasn't able to speak in sentences. His face looked really pale, and he could only answer with yes and no. Laranya had tried to call Leya several times, but she had probably turned her phone on silent.

Yellow textbox translation: Deepak Chitrakaar is getting old and will not live that much longer. Maybe it would have been an idea to pay Deepak Chitrakaar a visit!

bp6GvP0.jpg

There wasn't much we could do right now, and I didn't want to wake Leya, but I sent a message back to her mother, ensuring that I would tell her when she woke up, and that we would probably come over and visit them for the upcoming holidays, if not before...

9Yl64TZ.jpg

I wouldn't necessarily want Bodil to follow in the excact footsteps as me with some of the things I did when I was younger, but still, I felt it important to encourage her to be active and athletic, so I read to her a chapter from "Swish, Dribble, Swish", specifically focusing on how to prevent injuries when excercizing. I hope she learns something, but if not, atleast it makes her fall asleep...

hti0l9K.jpg

When I kissed her goodnight, I heard moaning from downstairs as if someone was in pain. Of course! Selma was still around, so I ran downstairs to see what was wrong and I found her holding her stomach in pain from being in labor (and the TV was broken, but that can be fixed later).

COpI3pL.jpg

Somebody wanted out right now, so I had to get her to the hospital as fast as I could. Sleep and everything else would just have to wait.

VpKyZSS.jpg

Once there, I called her Christoffer to tell him the baby was coming! He was a little grumpy as I woke him up from sleeping, but as soon as he heard what was happening, he was quick to jump into his clothes and come over. Hospitals at night aren't among the most exciting things, and time almost appeared to be frozen as I waited for them out in the hallway.

4BQT2vL.jpg

I'm not sure how she does it, as she is radically opposite from me when it comes to physical activity, but Selma is a woman of good health, and was out of the hospital already that night, with a newborn baby girl in her arms. She always says it's her love of singing and music that keeps her young, and well, who knows.. if that works for her, then nothing could be better. One things for certain, everyone has to find their path life, and the worst thing that can happen is to be pigeonholed, or forced into something other than what is right for you!

innaoqP.jpg

Even though it was early morning by the time we left the hospital, I followed them home to make sure everything was alright and that they got there safely.

PSGUUrp.jpg

New Sim:

Name: Rebbeca Vaddelmyr.
    Date of birth: December 15th 2022.
    Personality traits: Good, athletic.
    Biological parents: Selma Vaddelmyr, Christoffer Vaddelmyr.

lEZHD0H.jpg

Luckily I had the next day off, or I would have been pretty dead come next evening.. now I just had to get a short moment of rest, before waking up again to tell Leya the news about her father...

ueOeWEu.jpg

Other happenings in Sprottenham this month:

V4cYtOf.jpg

Elif Sagstad adopted a cat called Fluffy.

WVaXrqa.jpg

Jet Rēshingugāru have been collecting money at the Harbor Café.. The business appears profitable, I just hope it's not a crime story all over again and that this Jet is only a criminal when she's behind the wheel..
    Jet's character is based on a driver from the futuristic, but now old, racing game "Rollcage". Being a racing game, the characters backstory was no deeper than, well, being vehicle enthusiasts, most likely... and driving fast, futurustic cars and playing cat and mouse with the police. Some of the racing tracks in the game, though, takes place in a city called "Neoto City", which is, supposedly her home town. In that game, she shares her car with her brother Tetsuo, but he has not made the transfer to the sims universe (yet?).

rollcage-02-big.jpg

This is what I had to base her character off of, which isn't a whole lot..

KRzSKHW.jpg
    She lives in a household "The Rollcagers", with her fellow car crazy people, Lothar Maier, Ria Simba and Leon Maneval, all based on drivers from the same game.

Rollcage game intro:

Jet makes an appearance towards the end.

W9QXo7v.jpg
    Rune Rasmussen, son of Solvej and Patrik, has improved his skill in fishing to level 3 from the boy scouts.

UKaA8Tp.jpg

Ada Dalhaug and Eilif Sagstad are in a relationship. One can only speculate what brought them together, but their shared experience at the peat factory may have played a role.

umXiw9d.jpg
    Lamshey and Gretzel Trazlacat had a fine date at the park.
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    My muse appears to have gone AWOL. Haven’t been able to put more words down on my Legacy. Positive means I won’t have to do alot of scene setup to get through University in my game nor will I have to play a whole metric ton to get to where I need to be current on my story-line. But the flip-side is that I’m bored out of my tree.

Sometimes I hate muses that inexplicably go missing when you actually need them.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Mary Kendall, A Ghost Story
    Layla's Story

Damien and Dave return to the headquarters after a long walk in the fresh air. Elias catches up with them before they enter the building.

“I went to the coppers and gave them the information. I will be searching for other storerooms if you need me.
    “Let me know what you find out,” Damien responds.

Dave turns back to the doorway. “We'd better get downstairs before the others show up.”
    52106642125_d1a23a0dc0_o.jpg

Layla rouses from her trance and jumps out of bed, a fearful expression on her face. Her first thought as she rushes downstairs is to find Lee.
    52105123202_2be0062f7f_o.jpg

“What is the matter, Layla?" Bekka questions as she stops Layla from running out the door. "You seem frightened!"
    52106170328_4872ee6301_o.jpg

Layla's words rush out as she tries to scramble past Bekka. “I am!” she screams. “The Fates appeared to me while I slept. I saw Mary! I need Lee! Damien needs to know what is happening. We must prepare before Lee brings her back. We only have a couple of days left to be ready for what is about to happen."
    51906900142_775899d6f3_o.jpg

“Layla, please slow down. Take a deep breath...or two.” Bekka looks at her with concern. “You are not making any sense. I've never seen you this frantic."

Layla tries again to push past Bekka. “Come with me to find Lee and Jamie, and I will explain everything to all of you.”

“All right, but I think you should call Lee and let him know we are on the way. It's probably not a good idea for us just to show up in the middle of a police stakeout. After all, we are not supposed to know where they are.”
    51907867356_ee6c63fb93_o.jpg

Nodding her head in agreement, Layla takes a deep breath and tries to calm down. “Oh, yes, that is an excellent point! I'm obviously not thinking clearly.” Layla contacts Lee and explains it is imperative she speak with him and Jamie right away. Lee senses Layla's agitation and fear and asks her to come. He will explain to the others they are on the way.
    51907867186_0bf4451b43_o.jpg
    51907867151_a55304313f_o.jpg

Layla takes a few more deep breaths to calm her still racing heart. She grasps Bekka's hand in hers, closes her eyes and focuses on Lee. The two of them teleport. Lee and Jamie, who is up from his nap, greet their ladies with obvious concern.
    51911361037_efe7a55a9a_o.jpg

Detective Abbott grins at their prompt arrival and murmurs to Chief Gerrard. “We really should get a few more occult officers on the police force. That is a very handy and efficient way to travel.”
    Chief Gerrard cordially welcomes the ladies. “I’m sorry we cannot leave our surveillance, but please use the other room if you need privacy.”
    Layla sincerely thanks the Chief. "I understand you must monitor Damien and those criminals. This concerns him as well, so you need to hear what I have to say.”
    51912644114_4be6d45fe4_o.jpg

The surveillance computers are set on alert mode while they talk. The detective sits near one of the computers to monitor the screen while also paying attention to Layla.
    Once all are seated, Layla relates her nightmare and how the Fates found her and drew her into their realm. Lee, Jamie and Bekka are astounded to discover that Mary was originally a sister to the Fates. Detective Abbott and Chief Gerrard are amazed at Layla’s story of her journey into another realm. Her story is frightening if it is true and they have no reason to doubt her at this time.
    "Anything could happen with an angry god. We must prepare to keep Mary and the town safe when you bring her back, Lee. The Fates are in danger as well, although they are not concerned for some reason.”
    51908495425_db807ceebb_o.jpg

The only sound in the room after Layla completes her story is the soft whirring from the computers monitoring the criminals. Everyone seems stunned into silence by the revelations.
    Jamie stands up and then abruptly sits back down, his body unable to bear his weight. He passes his hands over his face as he exclaims, "Amazing! Our Mary, a Fate! And, she angered the demon god, Apophis by avoiding becoming a demon poltergeist. Yes, we must prepare to save Mary and prevent any backlash on the town. I have faced a few demons in my career. Minor ones though. This one sounds powerful, but he can be defeated. If we work together we will defeat him. I need to talk with Damien as soon as possible. This conversation cannot go through Elias."
    51912327671_4214f3d8b7_o.jpg

Lee reaches out and holds Layla’s hand. “I’m sorry you had to go through that without me.”
    He looks around the table at the others. “The underworld and demons are well known to me as well. This Apophis could unleash a hoard on us. We must find a way to contain him and provide protective spells for the town. I will notify the council and request help for the protective spells."
    "I agree with Jamie, Damien needs to know what is happening," Lee glances over at the Chief.
    51912644094_b65804d70c_o.jpg

Chief Garrard stands and strokes his chin. “We have a back up plan to get him out. If you think we should do it now, I will make the call."
    52106385724_0a453b171e_o.jpg

A ping from the computer interrupts them. Detective Abbott turns back to the computer and hits a few keys. “It looks like the boss has arrived. Damien and Dave are headed to his office now. If we are going to get him out it should be soon. We know the boss had plans to do a job with him tonight.
    52105107947_2c101205a0_o.jpg

Jamie stands walking back and forth in the cramped room. "I've been thinking, Damien does need to know what is going on, but I don't think pulling him out today is the answer either. I'm a little worried what this news will do to him. His bond with Mary almost took him from us before. I'm going in because he needs to hear about this from me. He is stronger than when she left. I don't think I will need to use a block again, but I will if I have to and then yes, we will have to get him out. I hope I can convince him to stay until we need him. Lee, I'm going to need a little help from you to get in. Plan B, which we discussed previously should work."
    52106169948_4eb78c8197_o.jpg
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    Hi, just a short wave in the round. I hope I'll get to comments and updates within the next few days. It was a more or less quiet holiday weekend for me.

Other than that, I'm still in my Bridgeport game.
    TGB8Div.jpg
    Let's see whether I'll take it up back where I left it with Vivian and Stephen.
    Great updates everyone :smile: .
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    Great photo @Turjan

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    You too @MamaSimTee <3

Sorry I haven't been checking in as much. :( We've been busy busy lately. The last week of school I swear I had something going on every single day! And this weekend we've been preparing for our 2 day trip to my family's family reunion this weekend in Arizona. We're all very excited to go! :smiley: Except our poor dog Audie... He's going to have to be boarded. I do hope he doesn't feel like we abandoned him being gone for a whole week!

In my free time I've been working on my story, dressing up Sims, setting things up and taking pictures. I probably won't be able to post anything about it before our trip, but I'll be ready to rock and roll when it when we get back. :star:

@bekkasan It was a joy to see sexy Doctor Beckett again. :love: As well as my SS brushing Audie. <3
    I'm still so excited she and Sam are gonna have a baby! :mrgreen:

Take care y'all and happy simming! Been enjoying reading your posts and handing out awesomes as always. :kissing_heart:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    I hope everyone is having a lovely Memorial Day today. :blush:

I decided to post some sneak peek pictures of what's to come next in my story over in my story thread. If you'd like to check them out. :)

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18118278/#Comment_18118278

<3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited May 2022
    @bekkasan It's great news that your bank account is getting along happily, shame it is taking you away from your usual fun activities though.

I did another covid test yesterday and I'm still positive but only slightly. So I'll be staying quiet for a bit longer. I too hope I don't get any long term issues from covid. I'm feeling a bit brighter today - I tried to type this yesterday but didn't get far and walked away from the computer to return later, after dark, to turn the computer off. Consequently, I didn't get much computing done yesterday and I wanted to work on my next Oscar's Teen Years video.

I am feeling a lot better today, and even a bit cheery. I had about 5 days where I felt as if I had a head cold. I didn't seem to feel too bad as I didn't want to lie in bed. I've felt worse when I had head colds previously. But I'm getting tired of being unwell at the moment. I know how I got it. My son got it from someone at work and gave it to me. I hope he doesn't bring the flu home too. It's rampant here now and I still haven't been able to get the flu vaccination for this year. It's so bad here now that the state government is giving everyone free flu vaccinations to try to keep people out of hospital.

Anyway, I hope you had a great weekend and managed to do all you hoped with your story.

@Brandontaylor taylor thank you. I hope to make some progress on my video today.

Your Batman game sounds interesting. I used to read Batman comics when I was a child. I might still have a comic from the 1960's somewhere here. I also watched some of the Batman movies on TV last year. The first one I watched was when his parents died and he started to set himself up as a crimefighter. I think I watched another movie after that but don't remember much about it. It was just batman in action against those evil villains.

Today I'm going to try to do more than 5 minutes worth of narration of my next video. Last week I managed to do about 5 minutes a day on 3 separate days so there is a lot still to do.

Happy Simming All

Auntie Gravity's Goodies

In the heart of Tomorrowland is a childs wonderland. An interactive toy store where children of all ages can play, dream, build, and have fun. Make your own dessert in the ice cream shoppe. Take the elevators from the future to the toy workshop. Learn to build your own toy to play with or give as a gift. Uses Savvy Sellers collection. Built at 107 Tomorrowland for Disney Magic Kingdom. No CC, no CAP, custard checked.
    52110973676_7196950551_o.jpg

I took some liberties with the inspiration from Disney since I was converting an ice cream/food shop into a toy store. I also didn't want all that cement. Kids need grass to play on. :grin:
    52111505265_e0a4cbf466_o.jpg
    52111242059_5d19aae001_o.jpg

52109944802_380076c051_o.jpg

52110973641_c4b5075e84_o.jpg

52109945042_315cdaf65e_o.jpg

52111483415_43d0d08db5_o.jpg

52111483520_b7994e0ecb_o.jpg

52111009933_f0675d5b77_o.jpg

52111219544_baaf50d693_o.jpg

52109944952_107d7c0fec_o.jpg

52111483425_1e14e3e363_o.jpg

52110973826_b43c4b10a9_o.jpg

I was excited to learn kids can make toys as well as adults.
    52109945012_3fcca2bdd1_o.jpg

Kites can be flown after they are made and in the sims inventory.
    52111219519_4e7c714ec9_o.jpg

I added scrap heaps for the invention workbench.
    52111483465_a1eb7a9627_o.jpg

Custard check
    52111030693_6b4e0398ac_o.jpg
  • polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    Hey :smile:

I've been building today!

But before I talk about that:

I haven't had much to update about til now because Jay's save got repetitive fast, and although I enjoy it, I can only share so many photos of her doing the same exact thing lol.

After editing the house in Isla Paradiso I was so excited to edit, I moved Juniper from my old legacy in there, because she was a born-in-game sim who didn't get chosen as heir, and although she almost got her own separate save back in the day, I never got very 'into' her separate save back then. So now after moving her into the house I edited in Isla Paradiso, she worked hard, and grew a plantsim baby who I named Sunny. I will share photos soon.

Jay has gotten promotions and is at level 5 of the lifeguard profession now. Like I said, I feel like now her save is fun to play, but all the photos look the same until her life changes up and maybe she meets somebody special. :lol:

Now that my game is running so well though, I also wanted to try my hand at building, and rather than looking online for inspiration, I decided to look outside my car window. My future husband's neighbourhood has so many beautiful houses in it, and I actually picked out three houses in his neighbourhood alone, that are just so beautiful I need to recreate them.

(For those of you who knew about my ex, yes, I broke up with my ex, but it's because it turns out that the guy I had a crush on for a loooong time, since I was literally 15, liked me back all along, and he's my true love, and now I'm going to get married to him... It's literally a fairytale :cry::heart:)

I took videos and photos of the houses I wanted to build, to get all the details I needed since street view can only help so much, and I already started creating my favorite one! It has two beautiful barns, a lot of porches, and a nice shed! I think my recreation is practically spot on too, beside having to size-down the barns!

I can't wait to share some photos and progress shots :blush: but I was so excited about building it, that I'm writing this about it on my phone while my game is still running :lol:
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @bekkasan I love the toy store. So much stuff has been used that I recognise and have hardly ever used in my games. Plus you've used lots of stuff I do use but hardly ever see anyone else using.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Screenshot-11.jpg
    Derek invited Elizabeth on a trip to Starlight Shores, his next movie
    was filming there, he also had put in a good word for Elizabeth to
    perform at a venue.

Screenshot-12.jpg
    Elizabeth: Your vacation home is beautiful!
    Derek: Glad you like it, I have something to tell you.
    Elizabeth: What is it?

Screenshot-17.jpg
    Elizabeth: What is it?
    Derek: Would you be upset if I had got you a chance to perform
    again?
    Elizabeth: You what?! I told you, I don't want to do that.
    Derek: I know, but you were so good, and a few folks asked
    about you.Please just once more?
    Elizabeth: Alright, Alright.

Screenshot-30.jpg
    Derek: I have no clue what I'm doing.
    Derek said as he attempted to make a drink, it didn't turn out so well.
    Peter: Clearly not.
    Derek: What's that suppose to mean?
    Peter: I mean about that gal....we can drop the act now, you cleared
    your name of any wrong doing you know.
    Derek: You're point?
    Peter: You don't need her anymore...we can ditch her.
    Derek: That wouldn't be very nice...now don't bring that up again.

Screenshot-32.jpg
    Peter: I will have to figure out a way to get rid of her.
    Peter spent the next few hours in solitude, contemplating on how
    he could get rid of Elizabeth.Until it was time to go to Derek's autograph
    signing.

Screenshot-34.jpg
    A huge crowd showed up for Derek's autographs, he was so
    busy signing and taking photos, that Elizabeth got pushed to the
    side.She spent a few moments watching the action, then decided
    to go for a stroll.

Screenshot-38.jpg
    After the signing, Derek tried to reunite with Elizabeth, but he
    wasn't able to spot her through the crowds.He managed to catch
    a glimpse of her heading to the night club.
    Derek: Hey! Wait up.

Screenshot-39.jpg
    Derek: Oh, your fast.
    Elizabeth: Oh, I figured you were busy with autographs, that
    I'd come visit the bar.
    Derek: I would have came with you, you should have waited.
    Elizabeth: That's okay.

Screenshot-40.jpg
    Elizabeth: Yeah, I know, but I also wanted to get out of the cameras
    I'm tired of them taking photos of me, its really annoying.
    Derek: Unfortunately, I can't do anything about that, if you're
    hanging out with me, your gonna be in the limelight. That's just
    how it is.
    Elizabeth: Well, its rather annoying, no privacy!
    Derek: If it really bothers you that much, then maybe
    we shouldn't hang out.
    Elizabeth: Maybe we shouldn't.
    Elizabeth stormed off and headed back to the vacation home.

Screenshot-41.jpg
    Derek: Oh maker!

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited May 2022
    So I was already dreading the moment I had to go to comments, given my last post (not counting my "hello") was more than a week ago, but I see it's on last page (at least when I started typing). Looks like the summer is great. Well, here it is at the moment.

@Nikkei_Simmer Yeah, I also removed the "Technophobe" trait. It was then the "Frugal" that drove me crazy. If you play "from rags to riches", the trait is great for the "rags" part, but veers into "unhealthy compulsion everyone suffers from" territory when you get to the "riches" part. Of course, the solution would be the same you mentioned, but I let it go into a different direction in the end.

@Silverofdreams30 Great poses. I never use them though, because I obviously have even less tolerance for that kind of "work" than you have. I would really like to have something like automatic poses for the whole household, like the game produces them for the household thumbnail. I would be fine with a generic off-white background, as long as I could make pics of the households without too much hassle.
    Ah, Penny Pincher. Well, if genetics are mostly off limits (except for eye size), Twinbrook residents are really hard makeovers, yes :lol: . Anyway, she looks like a real person now, so, well done :smile: .

@Karritz Good to hear you start feeling cheery.
    Organizing such a big game must be a pain, if I think of how long my loading times take, and I don't have any households of those sizes you tackle. So, your "two days" estimate had me think "is that enough for load and save times?" :lol:
    If a kid's doll bugs out, the game (or one of the NRaas mods) will produce a replacement, yes. I had lots of kids with several dolls. If I want to delete them, I first check the "Population" stat for the "IF" occult state, and all that have not been generated as sims yet get annihilated via "Object Stats" on the whole town.

@Sprottenham Thank you. What I meant with "relationships reset" is not that they lose their "married" or "steady relationship" status, but they lose all those benefits they have from being in such a relationship for a long time. For example, the "eternally faithful" moodlet keeps most sims from straying out of the relationship, but you have to work to get that back again at university. In that regard, it may become like herding cats.
    Iselin comes from a "homeless" background? I see. I noticed a few sims in your stories that look like zero slider ones. Zero slider sims always get CAS edits from me, at least as soon as they get close to my families. I don't want them to overwhelm genetics.
    Ah, Ranveig is great, I have no issues there. Even if she reminds me of my mother once in a while :lol: .
    Bebe and River are still teens at the start of SV, so everyone's will have a different fifth trait when they are adults. For example, "my" River got the reputation of wrecking every relationship she tried. Lots of kids from different fathers she fell out with. But don't tell Nikkei :wink: (okay, he knows :smile: ). But looks as if you made good use of your version of Bebe.

@bekkasan Nice bath pic.
    You managed to get one of the mission style beds from the basegame into your build, yay. I usually go the "cheap" way with that Showtime bed. Which for some reason has better stats than anything else in that price class, if the numbers don't lie.
    Uh, you finally got to work on your dramatic cliffhanger. Now it's even more dramatic :lol: .
    Looks like everyone just believes that "crazy woman". Well, it's a different world :smile: .
    Great toy store. Not that I'd need any. Do you visit them in-game? Eh, scratch that question, of course you do :smile: . I love those ceiling lamps for kids' rooms, btw.

@Brandontaylor: Thanks. I'm sure they will have great kids.
    You don't pull needs bars once in a while? I've given up on that restraint.
    Goodbye Daisy. You were an enjoyable sim. (It somehow takes the sting out of things if you know you can always just get them back if you really want.)
    Heh, your Selma is quite the cowgirl :lol: . Nice. And she didn't ignore her birth helper.
    For some reason, kids friendships are so hard. I usually let them play tag for a while. They won't cancel it as long as nobody is hungry etc., and it usually does the job. Of course, they rarely do it autonomously. Most kids just ignore their visitors (and vice versa) in my games.
    Looks like Deepak will be going soon. Oh well, that's life.

@texansky Yeah, those abductions can get bothersome. I had an abduction outside of the home lot only happen once.

@MamaSimTee Thanks, glad you like it. I hope you are doing okay.

@emorrill I hope you will have a nice Pentecost weekend with the family. If you somehow pass by Mesa, greet it from me. It's been a while since I lived there. Have fun with your family :smile: .
    __________________________________________________________________________________

If I look at the original hair in the game, I can see how this improved over the years. By the time of ITF, it finally looked nearly perfect. Here we have Heath Maloney (from my Bridgeport game) and Samantha Loo (one of the Oasis Landing townies) show two of my favorite haircuts from there. Even if you don't like the style, you can probably appreciate how it's done.
    l9WIc0r.jpg
    Post edited by Turjan on
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @Turjan

Thank you, yes it was really difficult to do a makeover
    on her, I usually don't go to Twinbrook much haha.
    I know some people are great at posing sims, but for me it is mostly a hassle so I prefer the single pose
    ones over the more than one sim.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top