Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Update: nothing happening on computer repair. Oh well. 🤨
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited October 2021
    Can you believe that I am still waiting for that d**n fan? Is it my fault that I thought that"in stock" meant"ready to be sent out" instead of"probably available at some Taiwanese factory"? I guess it's not the first time the world's trust in Austrians has been put to the test. After that completely unnecessary Godwin, I have to think about what to do while I wait other than type on this proprietary tablet that tell victim to planned obsolescence. Should I already plan for the future and start filling out an RMA form for the fan before it even got here? Should I do something radical and go for a walk? Well, we will see. At least I hope most of the rest of you are having fun with the game. :wink:
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,774 Member
    Not much going on with me today, just had to run some errands in the biggest town in the county, then ate some lunch at McDonald's. I did get to play a couple Sim days last night, so I'll work on posting those next. I have today off, but then have to work tomorrow, and attend a 3-4 hour training on what was supposed to be my day off Thursday. I will probably get some time to play tonight, then probably won't be able to play again until the evening after I get home from the training. It's just to get me certified to sell alcohol officially, although I can already sell it. This just confirms I took training to recognize if someone is of age or not, etc. Anyway, here are a few comments, not much going on here right now.

@Nikkei_Simmer Sorry to hear you can't play right now due to computer issues.

@Turjan Also sorry to hear about your issues as well.
    Yes, I'm enjoying the Sims 3 currently, but I know what's it like to not be able to play.

***Caught up.
  • Options
    Langerak Family Save, Day 154

ywOOBmL.jpg
    RKD8Hdt.jpg
    In the beginning of last night's play session, the Langerak family were all in bed when I heard the music for a ghost. I knew I didn't have any on the lot, so I was 100% certain where to look. In the family cemetery next door, both Melanie's aunt Jessica, and Dwight's mother, Kaylynn Langerak, were the ghosts who decided to visit for the night.

BGlixVY.jpg
    There were some leftovers in the fridge, but I decided that Melanie should cook some fresh food instead. Since she only knows two of the breakfast foods to cook, she made pancakes this time. As you can see, the rest of the family were trying to get theirs next.

tCTP1UT.jpg
    Daisy tried to get Michael to become her BFF again, but the option still won't come up so I'm not sure that it ever will.

HqnseoI.jpg
    Dwight constantly is making drinks, so I have to throw away a lot of them.
    Dwight: Hey, can I help it that these drinks taste so good?

Sd1PoBz.jpg
    Irene and Melanie had a little chat that morning, mostly to get to know each other better. Before long, Irene will be part of the family.

2cwXNHp.jpg
    Since it was the weekend, I decided to have Daisy start learning gardening. Since she is a PlantSim, I decided she should know how to take care of plants.

bDBwH9H.jpg
    Another thing I did since it was Saturday was to have Michael's bachelor party. I put the stereo out so that the three guys could dance.

I7fxsUa.jpg
    When the guests showed up, I had Dwight invite them to dance too. Everyone was having a very good time with dancing. I first made sure to invite all the male Langerak's, then the male friends of the three men in the household.

EFp1SMz.jpg
    Michael then asked his father if he would give the speech to everyone, and he gladly accepted.

WHlVade.jpg
    Then Dwight proceeded to spray his son with Fizzy Nectar, a bachelor/bachelorette tradition.

4M0MK0J.jpg
    Afterwards, Dwight and the other guy's were getting hungry, so he made some hamburgers for them all. Only Quinton, Michael, and himself ate any of them though.

Erm8ubU.jpg
    Meanwhile, the ladies of the household went out to eat at the Bistro for a girl's night out. Irene's party would be held the next night.

PsOhWNA.jpg
    And lastly for this day, Michael said hello to Nathaniel Wolff. Nathaniel is the boyfriend of Cori Lucas, and the potential father of Carly Lucas. And later on in the play session, I learned that he has indeed impregnated Cori, so I switched the gender before it is born, meaning Carly will be reborn. I'm thinking after I move Michael and Irene out, Ariana will have at least a son, probably won't be named Robert though.
  • Options
    Langerak Family, Day 155

o4Zt2gE.jpg
    After breakfast this morning, Daisy and Irene had a chat. For some reason, it is already saying Irene is her aunt, yet she is not because she hasn't married Michael yet so not sure what is up there.

ge05ifK.jpg
    Afterwards, they both headed outside so that Daisy could teach her "aunt" how to play chess. By the end, Irene had earned her first logic skill point.

ah9UwCi.jpg
    Ariana had to do the gardening, since Daisy was still teaching logic to Irene. These money trees are giving out some nice amounts when all of them need harvested. The previous day, Daisy got over $6000 while Ariana got over a thousand this day.

7S0CAU2.jpg
    Once it was getting time for Irene's party, I had Daisy begin to learn the martial arts skill. I don't know that she'll reach the level of her grandfather, but probably will be more around Melanie's level.

P0WSTOO.jpg
    Cori came to Irene's bachelorette party, and they hit it off pretty well. So well that she was the one to hit her with the Fizzy Nectar.

yjd6fz4.jpg
    Like at Michael's party, everybody danced together. What is nice is that they all talk to each other while they dance, building up relationships.

yabnATl.jpg
    Daisy reached level 1 martial arts, so that was a good stopping place for her.

8BFAzDv.jpg
    I had Daisy invite a family friend over named Harlan Goth. I checked the teenagers in the save, and there aren't any good men for her. Harlan is married, but I thought it'd be nice for the Goth's to get tied into the main household. She used an elixir to make him her friend, but I'm not sure about attraction yet, just preparing in case I go this route.

IocsSw2.jpg
    I about forgot about the girls, some of them were swimming but Ariana decided to spray her future sister-in-law with nectar.

mZuOejv.jpg
    And lastly for my updates, when the family went to the Bistro for supper, it was the night of the full moon. Of course, that meant that Ariana and Michael both transformed into werewolves. Since Dwight and Melanie were elders, they had previously used elixirs when they had their birthdays. However, Evan and Abigail also are still werewolves, so I imagine they transformed as well.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited October 2021
    Want to show you guys a cool technique you can use to give your house a nice touch.

You know how some homes have a raised bed out of stone or log in front of the foundation

Will show you the finished product and then tear it apart show you how to do it.

7btXh28.png

All you do is have a half wall *cast it however you want be it logs railroad ties stacked stone etc (Mine is brick in my example)

JdIDa0z.png

You make it look like it is dirt by filling it in with COUNTER ISLAND not regular counter cause they will not fill the entire space and the islands have the extra lip to put stools under etc

WBw7HuU.png

Afterwards just choose any decor plants rocks shrubs real life plants etc and fill it in to your liking.Always be sure not to have anything showing inside your home.I pulled out pieces to show you examples of what I used

OzbCBQL.png

Here is a quick example of another way to make your frame unique see how different it is just by changing my material

ywubJv8.png

That is all there is to it just be creative and have fun :p

@Emily4331 Will send your sim soon I had them ready just never put on simfileshare am slow but will mail to you today <3

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Hey everyone. :) It's been a few days...

Husband had a very serious autoimmune flare up last week (they also found out he has post COVID pneumonia despite taking antibiotics when he had it) that scared us a bit :( and he's just barely able to get around mostly on his own now without being in excruciating pain. Needless to say his well-being had taken precedence over everything else in life. I'm thankful for the medicines that are slowly, but surely helping him heal and for the prayers from family and friends on his behalf. That power is real and praise the Lord for His goodness. <3

Anyway, I've enjoyed reading all of your posts and given out Likes and Awesomes. :star:@GraceyManor Sweet new Halloween story! :grin:@Brandontaylor Fun posts of the Langerak Family and great Elvis music. 👍 @Turjan I'm so sorry you're having to wait still on a new CPU fan. (Have I told you how much I enjoy your sense of humor? ;) ) Everything is backordered these days, it's annoying. :pensive: Hope it arrives soon so you can play! @CravenLestat that is one rad raised planter box tip! :star: I love learning about how creative you can get with this game. @Emily4331 I hope your fur baby is doing better. <3@bekkasan You know I'm anxiously waiting for more of your story. ;):kissing_heart:

I'm hoping to start writing more of my story soon. My brain is feeling mushy again - mostly from stress and fatigue - but I'm doing the best I can to get it back in proper working order. ;)

Keep calm and Sim on my friends! <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    I've been in a depression rut lately, so I haven't been able to get any motivation to actually play the game. :lol: But, I did go into my Bridgeport save with Ruza today and gave out some makeovers. As per usual, I like variety. Not everyone is meant to be pretty. However, I do think EA sometimes went a little overboard with features on sims. :lol: So my goal isn't to make everyone a model, but to enhance their character with more natural features.

First off, we have Matilda Smart. As is the case with all other makeovers in Bridgeport, her eyes were way too big. I also noticed a lot of Bridgeportians have really high eyelids, which just makes them look like they're smiling all the time. :lol: Gave her CC skin, CC hair that was still long like her original hair, and changed her eye color from purple to blue. I would've kept the purple if she was supposed to be albino or something, but I couldn't find any evidence of this, so I just gave her a similar, more natural for non-albinos eye color. :tongue:
    qOumF3X.png

Next, Daisy Swizzle. A service sim of Bridgeport. We do no overlook service sims in my Bridgeport. :tongue: She had that dreaded shade of baby poo hair an awful style. Along with the Bridgeport horrifying eyeball syndrome. We fixed her up. :tongue:
    yG7u8ck.png

Buster Round. Not your usual "makeover" candidate, but the poor guy doesn't have to be a supermodel to deserve being saved from EA's horrors.
    YUrvqEl.png

Harry Marks is supposed to be the youngest member of his household...but, listen, that mustache ages him A LOT. Sooo, we got rid of it.
    ypuhcj3.png

I assume Kirby Wise is supposed to be Asian, so that's what I went with. :lol:
    EFKg9su.png

Lenny Shutter, saved from horror eyes and poo hair.
    CJyKAaN.png

Reuben Littler. I hate mega yellow hair. Also saved from perma smile and monster eyes.
    iDFSV3w.png

Suzy Strummer. Saved from perma smile and horror eyes. THERE IS A TREND IN THIS CITY. Oh, also no more purple eyes.
    bylh4g2.png

Caroline Custard. I forgot to give her back her sunglasses, sorry Caroline. Anyway, same old issues. But she also has a really small nose, so I added just a smidge more width to it, since I didn't want to change her too much.
    NAwi9yl.png

Lastly for tonight, Jessica Talon. Already a pretty sim, with the same side effects of being a Bridgeport resident as the others, but with the added ailment of helmet hair. She hath been saved hallelujah. Vampy red eyes turned brown, btw.
    a7qfgnm.png

Fun fact, Jessica is Ruza's friend. :3
  • Options
    Playing Carly at University in a personal save. Going to aim to get her all degrees.
  • Options
    @Emily4331 Fantastic makeovers! :star: You did well with them all. :)

I had no clue that all the Bridgeportians have huge eyes. :lol: Perhaps it was a single EA person who created all of the townies, giving them their own personal preference in looks. (ie: I like big eyes and I cannot lie. :joy: ) That's the only reason I can come up with as to why. :p
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Screenshot-19.jpg
    Edward: Care to go for a ride Sally?
    Sally: I love horses, I absolutely would love to...but
    these are strange looking horses.
    Edward: Really? They seem normal to me.
    Sally: Define your "normal" for me.

Screenshot-20.jpg
    Sally: More about the home?
    Edward: Oh right...Where did I leave off?
    Sally: Elizabeth was murdered...by who?
    Edward: Leota, a family friend.She was a 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    She was very jealous of Elizabeth...And wanted to marry m..my great grandfather,
    but he obviously turned her down. In a jealous fit, she poisoned Elizabeth and murdered
    the rest of the family...From stories I've heard...it caused a curse upon the house....And
    Leota didn't go unpunished, she got trapped, like the others.Afraid that's all I know.
    Sally: That's a terribly heartbreaking story...and kind of creepy...

Screenshot-22.jpg
    Edward: Here's another story for you, about this bridge.
    Have you ever heard of the prom queen?
    Sally: No, I'm not from around here...remember?
    Edward: That's right.It happened a long time ago, on
    prom night, girl was waiting here by the bridge, for her date
    to pick up, she was all set to go, in her prom dress and everything.
    But it was a foggy night, truly foggy.The kind that you can't see cars
    coming until its too late.So there she was waiting in the fog, when a
    car came ripping around the corner.Some say the driver had too much nectar,
    He took the turn too wide, he bounced over the curb and he hit her SMACK!
    Sally: Ah!-jumps-
    Edward: And the guy just drove off, didn't realize what he done.They found
    her the next morning, and a couple days later, they buried her...in her prom
    dress.
    Sally: That's awfu!
    Edward: That's not the worst part.
    Sally: It gets better?!
    Edward: Yeah, every year on prom night the ghost of the prom girl comes back,
    still waiting for the ride that never comes.
    Sally: That's rather creepy....no more.
    Edward: Isn't that her over there?
    Sally: Where?! Ah...
    Edward: I'm sorry, I couldn't resisit.
    Sally: Very funny, I'm going back...That wasn't very nice.
    Edward: Wait...I'm sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you.

Screenshot-23.jpg
    Sally: Like this is less creepy....stay by the bridge or go into
    a haunted mansion....ugh.

Screenshot-24.jpg
    Edward: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you.Its all just folklore
    Yes, there was an accident, but the rest is just stories...
    Sally: As far as you know...
    Edward: I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to frighten you.
    Sally: ...Its fine, your not the only one to do that to me.

• Options
    @Emily4331 -Great job on those make-overs. I’m on an iPhone8 so it’s a bit tough to type a decent amount of feedback. Big thumbs-that’s my excuse.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    edited October 2021
    @emorrill

I hope your husband will feel better soon.

@Emily4331

Always love seeing your makeovers, I do not change their
    facials these days mostly just change hairstyles, give them a skin and makeup
    and that's it. But Yes, the eyes are always so huge.
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    Some randoms from a personal save

oq7i1F6.jpg

LS69mi5.jpg

pMbTGP3.jpg

UUUGPGM.jpg

Threw a bachelorette party and these police dancers arrived
    but the game crashed.

ezx3oKm.jpg

Restarted and dancers now were something else
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,144 Member
    Oh dang, 271 new posts since last time I read this thread.. Nothing at all has happened in my game for the past three weeks or so... I was absent from this forum for a while, because I spent a lot of my time figuring out how to make my own custom clothing for the game..

Even with tutorials, it was quite a steep learning curve figuring everything out*, and the pitfalls where many. Sadly I won't say I will have much to show for.. I think I have finally mastered the technicalities of it, but I am not a clothes designer... and a soon as the free trial period of Marvelous Designer runs out, there probably won't be any either, unless there is some other good alternative.. Its a good program, but I'm not paying that monthly price just to make the odd sims 3 garment...
    * "...and then I click this little button right here.." the friendly voice from the youtube tutorial tells me.... <-- And my version of the program (in this case Blender) looks completely different (a.k.a. there is no "little button down right there") so I had to spend a few hours just to figure out what on earth that button was doing and where to find it, only to find it was some really simple thing... but its not the tutorial makers fault that programs keep updating and switching everything around.. ;) Low resolution on youtube tutorial videos wasn't helping either... And that was just one example of the struggles... oh, the struggles... :P
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    @Sprottenham if you can master some aspects of Blender, it has a cloth simulation mode in the newest version, which can mimic some things Marvelous Designer does.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited October 2021
    Update on my Adam and Eve challenge:

Baltazar married for the second time but first he had the craziest bachelor party.
    WTbmkbc.jpg

Look how happy he looks on his wedding day :lol:
    qYX1xja.jpg

His new wife loves horses so she'll be working for the construction of an Equestrian Centre.

I've also already decided that his daughter, Cassandra, will be working for the construction of an Office Building. Atm her occupation is writting books and managing her personal blog.
    In the meanwhile, Cassandra found her soulmate. They just had their first kiss :heart:
    HLm0Cnz.jpg

I'm a bit tired of looking at their dated home. I'm already at the 3rd generation and they never moved or renovated, so i started a home renovation. I've only done the kitchen for now, but i'll be doing the whole house, so for the next days i won't be playing in live mode...
    Fbywpxh.jpg
  • Options
    Hey howdy hey my friends. :smile: I'm in a good mood today, after feeling so blah yesterday. :star:

What happened in my game today? Well, I was trying out some new cc. Thought I would share. :blush:
    (Tagging @bekkasan just because. ;):kissing_heart: )

I feel like I'm severely lacking in cute shoes for my simmies so I did a little search for some. One post included a skirt with the shoes and it was cute too so I decided to check out both.

This random gal from Moonlight Falls is my model. :p
    Randoms-10-21-8.jpg

First I tried out the skirt. The quality it not what I was expecting and...it was SO HIGH on the waistline that most of the normal shirts wouldn't mesh with it. For example:

Randoms-10-21-11.jpg

Yeeeeahh... :grimace:

Now if you choose a shirt that rests higher, like this one, it fits better:

Randoms-10-21-9.jpg
    Randoms-10-21-10.jpg

But man, I wish that skirt was lowered down to the hips a bit more... Cause that's terrible! :grimace:@Emily4331 If this is a fix you feel like you could do with this piece of cc, please let me know. :kissing_heart: Because I do think the skirt is cute. (I just realized I forgot to check and see if it was recolorable... :unamused: )

Anyhoo! Moving on to the shoes that came with it. Some cute, simple slip-ons. (I think these are S4-S3 conversions)

One preset pattern:

Randoms-10-21-15.jpg

And you can recolor them how you like:

Randoms-10-21-16.jpg
    Randoms-10-21-17.jpg

Endless possibilities there. :)

If you'd like to add these shoes (or even the skirt) to your game, here's the link. (Oh hey, it says the skirt is recolorable so, cool.) :sunglasses:

Next, I found these pretty tie up shoes on Emily CC Finds as well. They don't look too bad...

Randoms-10-21-12.jpg
    (Sorry they look jagged in CAS, I bet they look smooth in Live mode)

However when you put them on the sim, the sim gets visibly taller in CAS. (Like her skeleton is being stretched?) I mean, brownie points for realism, but...I've never seen the sim shoot up like that while applying any other heels... 🤷‍♀️ I'm just wondering if that's ok...

Look how tall she is here (use the top of the mirror to gauge and compare it to the next picture):

Randoms-10-21-13.jpg

Now look at how shorter she gets with different shoes on:

Randoms-10-21-14.jpg

I'm just hoping that with these cc shoes making my sim taller like that, it's not going to cause issues in the game. (Forgive me if I sound dumb being concerned about that, but I don't like to keep any cc in my game that will cause issues. Please share your wisdom with me. ;) )

The download for these shoes is HERE if you're interested.

Next, I love some of the random item fixes @Pary does and shares on her website. :star: I've always wished there were different portrait options for the little lighthouse frame for YEARS and was very happy to find just that fix on there. :mrgreen:

Lookie! :grin:

Randoms-10-21-20.jpg

Other options in the Spoiler:
    Randoms-10-21-18.jpg
    Randoms-10-21-19.jpg
    Randoms-10-21-21.jpg
    Randoms-10-21-22.jpg

Isn't that rad? :smiley: Download HERE.

Other awesomeness Pary has also done HERE. Check it out and see what you're missing. ;)

And lastly, @CravenLestat I LOVE your new sparkly pattern! NEW FAVORITE! :star: Here's a couple of your favorite outfits I tried it on ;) using Maru as the model.

Randoms-10-21-3.jpg

Randoms-10-21-4.jpg
    Randoms-10-21-5.jpg

Hope y'all enjoyed. :blush: Keep the posts coming!

Happy Simming!
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    edited October 2021
    Great updates everyone... :)

So I've decided this morning that I wanted to see if anyone had created the Addams Family and their house as well as the Munster's and their house. Well I've found both of them with and without the houses, so I've downloaded them into my Frankenstein save which is in Moonlight Falls. Once they were installed and placed on the lots that I want them on, I took pictures of the families and their homes.

I'll start with the Addams family first... :)
    A6wfxZnl.jpg

Pictures under the spoiler
    I had placed their house right next to Grim's Ghastly Manor since the Addams has a family graveyard anyhow.
    Clumk0Rl.jpg

Next we'll start with the basement and work our way up to the top.
    gms9gtVl.jpg

Bonehilda's coffin in the corner.
    pmA63pWl.jpg

The fortune cookie maker in the other corner.
    go1spo6l.jpg

A display with a necklace and a skeleton on the ground.
    tx5tiVZl.jpg

Small ponds in the basement.
    g2AIhZHl.jpg

First floor/entry level.
    KTNP40jl.jpg

2nd floor.
    a6XTSGgl.jpg

3rd floor.
    PM50k7Kl.jpg

Roof.
    4BjTAGQl.jpg

Backyard.
    tKWRAUul.jpg

The Addams house
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9012259
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9453155

The Munster family is next.

Sorry about the thought bubbles but I couldn't wait any longer to get their picture as they all wanted to go off and do their things that they wanted to do.
    bg3cebul.jpg
    Their house from the outside.
    QxdX9B6l.jpg

The Crypt.
    CTlDKWfl.jpg

Backyard.
    J5GIhKil.jpg

The basement. I had to edit the pictures to lighten it up some since it was so dark even with all of the lights on.
    mhZhBODl.jpg
    RXmcWoRl.jpg
    V8MFDsIl.jpg
    l0xm0nhl.jpg
    7sBw7ivl.jpg
    jjnu1Hjl.jpg

Basement stairs.
    DxQH5gvl.jpg

1st floor/entry way.
    vDbXfskl.jpg

2nd floor.
    2yqPjZcl.jpg

3rd floor/2nd towers.
    WyRZKmSl.jpg

3rd floor towers/partial roof.
    qDgvLwPl.jpg
    5Y2ZKa0l.jpg

Inside of the crypt.
    cDDYHErl.jpg

Stairway under the crypt.
    jROGbRAl.jpg

2 links for the Munster house by the same creator.
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4774576
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7867483

The Munster Family. There were several creations of this family but I only downloaded these 2 here as they looked about right in my opinion.
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6632747
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4588343
    Post edited by lisasc360 on
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Awww @emorrill glad u luff it makes me feel happy

I feel all

uQWUPJf.gif

Inside

@lisasc360 my little 80s friend did u know they are working on new version of THE LOST BOYS ermagerd thought of u when i found out was like Lisa gonna dress up like Cyndi Lauper and be first in line wearing her OG Lost Boys Tshirt :o

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member

@CravenLestat,
    @lisasc360 my little 80s friend did u know they are working on new version of THE LOST BOYS ermagerd thought of u when i found out was like Lisa gonna dress up like Cyndi Lauper and be first in line wearing her OG Lost Boys Tshirt :o
    Yeah I've been seeing articles about the Lost Boys remake. Loved the 1st one with Jason Patric and Kiefer Sutherland. I'm into the vampire movies and just about anything supernatural. Also loved watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer with Michelle Geller and of course Angel as he's so dreamy...😍😍
  • Options
    ~evil smirk~... I'm BAAAACK. But tonight I'm playing SWTOR with my wife.
    AVvXsEgay6_r5yr0uQUN5wCeCY5ax0Mb9kdr8MjTSt9uF51sTaXZvrZDc3L-7ucl1pB02z4twj4AvdCK-MUBWjvWX-_O9EZFLNePOobgeujgXQkq1JcnfDxb3EvjgMXiWEnsFevUBTFt50vMN3NeJFyw14gRID1qcVLLpw0ICazua87vWDCilpbriVUPao6_3g
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    @emorrill I could probably make the skirt sit lower, if you want. Take a pic of a sim in like a simple swimsuit or something and mark where you want the new one to start. I think I can find it myself. I'm 99.9999% sure that is a RolloRolls conversion. But I'll let you know if I need a link from you.

In regards to shoes that increase sim height: generally speaking, it doesn't cause any issues in-game. That is, your game isn't going to break in any way because your sim is taller. However, similarly to using height sliders, your sim will be taller than most sims in the game and, therefore, a lot of animations involving other sims won't line up correctly. IE, your sim with her giga high heels might end up giving her hubby a smooch on his forehead. :lol: Personally, I find this easy to ignore, but for some people it's probably very annoying. :lol: Though, I typically only use the super high heels for glamour shots these days, anyway.
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    Finally, my computer is back, yay! The company where I bought the stuff sent me a tracking link, which would have tracking information available from 7am on. At 7:13am, the doorbell rang, and I was still putting my pants on while answering the door. Thanks, I guess :smile: . Anyway, after fully waking up, I exchanged the CPU fan, and I also exchanged one of the case fans, which was the original reason for my mishap. The case fan was rehearsing for a role as Harley Davidson impersonator, and my gentle reminder that there was no such job opening in my living room led to the (completely "innocent") CPU fan losing one blade. Oops. Well, all fixed now, and things turned out to be much easier than they looked.

Anyway, time for at least a few comments. I now had nearly one week with not much to do, but today, everyone and their mother think that it's time for me to "act now, or else". Meh.

@emorrill That doesn't sound good at all. Here I hope your hubby is recovering quickly - which is the most important point - and that his employer doesn't make any fuzz. No wonder you cannot concentrate on anything with the game. And thank you for the friendly comments. Just from memory, yep, if I look at ages, I could easily be your dad. I'm staring at a 6 as the first digit of my age very soon. I grew up without computers, the telephone was that thing in the hallway with a rotating disc, the clicks of which moved a mechanical arm in the station down the road. And no, we children trashed all those shellac records of our parents, as those were made from bug poo that shattered when it fell on the floor. Where was I? Ah yes, I will have to go back and see whether I missed to comment on one of your posts (read all of them already though, as I could do that on that faulty tablet). Oh right, Abigail's happy "coming out" as a witch, Haley growing up (at least she sounded more thoughtful than ever). And you asked which of your women I like best: I guess I'll go with Emily, even if she seems to want to go "über"-mother lately. I would have pegged her as more "laissez faire" originally. And sorry, Penny still provokes rather parental feelings than anything else in me :lol: .

@bekkasan Thank you for the kind comments. I also loved your recent pics, so beautiful colors. Regarding the story, I was thinking that I hoped the police doesn't have a mole among their ranks. Elias seemed to be a bit too careless, although it was a fun read :smile: . Anyway, looking forward to an update. By the way, just one comment regarding Supernatural Island: as far as looks go, the world is one of my favorites. However, there are several places where you don't have roads. Particularly the main connection between the two "town" areas has a gap where your sims have to walk, and that drove me crazy in the end. I hope you tested that out and are fine with that.

@Emily4331 Sorry to hear you are suffering from depression again. At least it looks your mood is on its way up, or you probably wouldn't come here :smile: . By the way, the offer you once made - and which I didn't make use of at that time - is also open in the other direction. Just saying. Lovely edits of those Bridgeport sims :heart: . I also edited most of those in my current game, and it shows that pretty much all Bridgeport sims must have been made by one person, or at least from one pre-made, with very few exceptions. They are obviously not zero sliders, but have base slider settings for noses and the nose-mouth-jaw combo, which are close to identical for most of them and very distinct from other EA worlds. But yeah, that probably only matters for "breeding considerations", and I guess that's not on your radar for the most part :smiley: . And Ruza is just gorgeous.

@Brandontaylor Thank you :smile: . All your great pics from SV remind me why I still love that world. And yes, the beach is simple but very nice for parties like that. I want to go on with my SV game, but I think I'll have to clean out my Sims3 folder by starting a new one. I guess I used the launcher to install stuff one too many times. I hope your brother is doing well. And seeing an Elvis fan is kind of funny to me, because I connect it with my mom's generation. He died while I was a teen, and his "idol" years were over at that point. But that's a personal perspective :smile: .

Everyone else: I've seen lots of awesome updates (and yes, @Silverofdreams30 , your sims are still great :smile: ), but I have to take it easy today. I at least pressed the buttons :wink: .

Just two pics from the world I'm fooling around with at the moment.
    oriQPD6.jpg
    m2sHQva.jpg

And as we were talking about Elvis Presley, I even have a version of him in my game. It was made by the late Pam Marsden, if remember correctly, with only very minor edits by me (mostly smaller eyes). I wonder whether he's contemplating if he should prepare a PB&J sandwich, or 22?
    giTo7sQ.jpg
    Oh, that comes unexpected.
    L4ouL2M.jpg
    I have to say this Sims version is seriously flawed (no disrespect of the deceased intended) :wink: .
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,144 Member
    @Emily4331 Oh, that's nice to know. I found an addon for Blender, too (maybe its the same thing that later got included in the main program?) and I bookmarked its link to try out when I can no longer use Marvelous Designer.

If the cloth simulator is in the program I may already have it, because its not that long ago since I downloaded Blender... I will look into it when it becomes necessary. ;)
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top