Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Sessions: The Sims Event of the Summer

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    29-6-2021-20-01-27.png

I really like the stage effects they used for this song. Also, they need to give us those curtains to use for our windows.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member

I decided to sneak into the game for a Sim Sunday after the patch update and attended the gig with my sim, but I have to say...I love this kind of event!

I can't say that I was exactly "Rocking Out" (I know what that feels like and this isn't it :D ) nevertheless, I'm impressed! These folks can play piano that's for sure!
    I'm a music lover and personally I'd have no problem if Maxis were to give us similar events in the future,(plus bands please) plus it's a fine way to introduce new talent. New to me anyway, although I admit I did hear Bebe's song before.

I'd like to say something else about this Session but I shall leave it under a spoiler because I don't want to spoil anything and sure look, that's what spoilers buttons are for:
    What I appreciate more than anything is the unique movements these performers have in game. They animate based on the emotional intensity and dynamics of the song. It's not just the usual randomness in movement when sims play an instrument, these particular sims were choreographed. I really enjoyed watching and listening to their actual performance because of that.

Also, for me this lady is the Headliner:

JOY.jpg

That's a sweet piece of music coming from her, but what I found most endearing was the shy "sul sul" at the end of her performance. It immediately gave her character which the others didn't have.

I think all 3 musicians are good musicians, although my least favorite is Bebe. That's not because I don't think her music isn't good. It's because I have sensitive hearing and listening to a certain (voice) pitch tends to make me feel a little uncomfortable.
    Mosquito repellents and dog whistles are only a tad worse in my personal opinion. Let's say we're not on the same wavelength and leave it at that. :D
    She's a glamorous looking lady though...

I do wonder if these songs will be added to the radio stations, because I don't think I have time to wait until the next Sim Sunday to see them again...unless I start a new game over and over again...Groundhog Day style. 🤔
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm pleasantly surprised by the event. I found it quite enjoyable and seeing my sims so happy was lovely.
  • Options
    jbadger12jbadger12 Posts: 321 Member
    Although it wasn't really my kind of music, I enjoyed the event, as did my sims. I would be glad to see similar such events in the future.
    I'm curious to know how much input, if any, the artists involved had in creating their sim-selves.
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
    Gallery ID: jjbadgett12
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I decided to sneak into the game for a Sim Sunday after the patch update and attended the gig with my sim, but I have to say...I love this kind of event!

I can't say that I was exactly "Rocking Out" (I know what that feels like and this isn't it :D ) nevertheless, I'm impressed! These folks can play piano that's for sure!
    I'm a music lover and personally I'd have no problem if Maxis were to give us similar events in the future,(plus bands please) plus it's a fine way to introduce new talent. New to me anyway, although I admit I did hear Bebe's song before.

I'd like to say something else about this Session but I shall leave it under a spoiler because I don't want to spoil anything and sure look, that's what spoilers buttons are for:
    What I appreciate more than anything is the unique movements these performers have in game. They animate based on the emotional intensity and dynamics of the song. It's not just the usual randomness in movement when sims play an instrument, these particular sims were choreographed. I really enjoyed watching and listening to their actual performance because of that.

Also, for me this lady is the Headliner:

JOY.jpg

That's a sweet piece of music coming from her, but what I found most endearing was the shy "sul sul" at the end of her performance. It immediately gave her character which the others didn't have.

I think all 3 musicians are good musicians, although my least favorite is Bebe. That's not because I don't think her music isn't good. It's because I have sensitive hearing and listening to a certain (voice) pitch tends to make me feel a little uncomfortable.
    Mosquito repellents and dog whistles are only a tad worse in my personal opinion. Let's say we're not on the same wavelength and leave it at that. :D
    She's a glamorous looking lady though...

I do wonder if these songs will be added to the radio stations, because I don't think I have time to wait until the next Sim Sunday to see them again...unless I start a new game over and over again...Groundhog Day style. 🤔

the songs are on the radio they patched them @CAPTAIN_NXR7
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Does anyone know if you can set the stage on fire with magic?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I sent my sim to the festival, but only one of the artists performed? Lol.
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

Nopp, no fire on stage, tried that.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member

Nopp, no fire on stage, tried that.

:'(
    Thank you for your service.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2021

I saw a screenshot on twitter of a fire on the stage.

I have no idea how it was achieved but this proves that it's at least possible.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,024 Member
    edited June 2021
    I sent one of my households to the festival today. It was fun. I enjoyed it, and so did my sims. They autonomously watched the show, bought food and items from the sales table. I also bought them t-shirts to celebrate. All three singers performed. Afterwards, sims crowded up on stage to play the piano. :D

Before the concert: lots of new festival t-shirts in the crowd. :)
    y4mTT8l6sROksK-PXKRLq7IYImFskzK_rogUF8-R10uRiCxApF1dkJ0a-lc9edbJUk31_y_aIxTN9IwDbo-AMVexCEpkYaO4DJLrDYMFJjnbtjECsrISweCSKO3DlaNDctg3FbCQbU4kueNkUzZpG4SEe4m_GxUud-bM41HfyKq1gPWClW18h6DOuwLiZVch1py?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    After the concert: everybody wants to be a star. ;)
    y4mEL5O3Tk5HKcNO-EedfHYdmZ3r1410w6OWjl18N4AMYvF1ZbFQFGt9ZiksIu7qfsJULFcAe9v7TIomrDbVlVB-POO9YjeroOaNo15dU-Cr0IwWMyDV9tNLBwikFQKTi4T0_RTF8Xj3HBQrgQtMAKUPPolrnAqxJXFWqtk2gY4AYg2nTRY5bK7FAlswQPRuaIe?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Great Balls of Fire @Sharonia, is that a Jerry Lee Lewis sim? ;)
  • Options
    OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    Like others, I'm also hoping this means we get bands soon. The stage would be a waste if they don't add it at some point.

I took the BFF household to the show because I didn't want to take any of my households. The festival t-shirts are kind of cute though. Might be worth getting those for other households, but in that case, you can probably just buy it and leave. I'll try that next in-game Sunday with the Jangs.

As someone who has been to and worked several music festivals, I would not call it a music festival. It's a performance in a park, and there's nothing wrong with that. The boyfriend plays park gigs all the time in the summer, it's a great opportunity for people who don't like hanging out in bars to see live music and eat junk food. Also park gigs are usually kept strictly family-friendly in case people are worried about language or whatever. You see a lot more older people and little kids at irl park gigs than you do festivals.

If you don't care for the music, just turn the Master Volume down to 5% while they're playing and fast forward. They only do one song each, so it doesn't take that long on Ultra Speed.
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Hmmm - I don't see a board to see when the festivals are. It is Sunday in this save and no festival is happening.
    06-29-21-9-02-20-PM.png
    06-29-21-9-07-26-PM.png

wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    troshalom wrote: »
    Hmmm - I don't see a board to see when the festivals are. It is Sunday in this save and no festival is happening.
    06-29-21-9-02-20-PM.png
    06-29-21-9-07-26-PM.png

It's at the peninsula, the bend in the river, it didn't start setting up until a little after noon. You'll see stuff pop up there.

Edited for spelling. On phone.
  • Options
    Here:
    51280689329_7d7c9bd3f6_h.jpg
  • Options
    AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    Is there a cheat to unlock the clothing in cas?
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    I just feel like there is a lot of detail in this for it to only last for 8 days. I really love the idea of more of these kind of spawn up outdoor activities. We don't have control of our worlds, but they do, so update them a bit with more activities for the common areas. Lord knows we have the objects now. Put everything on sale and patch in some group activity objects for use in the common areas. I absolutely loved taking my Sims there tonight. It was actually really fun taking the Sims there, having something to eat, buying concert gear and watching a show.

I really hope a performing arts style pack is coming and this stuff is from it. The way the stage is created it seems like many different performers could make careers out of this! I love the idea of these concert venues in different worlds as well.

This was so cool! But again, so much went into it. Really reminds me of Sims 3 Showtime. I would love this addition in the game all the time. Imagine your famous entertainer sims just doing performances to random music from the game. So cool. And actually, excited that it may be coming in a pack!
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    My Sims made $400 selling there tickets. Thanks EA.
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited June 2021
    @OutlawWoman Ah I finally got to see the Summer of Sims event and was pleasantly surprised. Not on the lot, but lot adjacent. I think they did a great job. Although only three songs they last the entire 12 hours. I enjoyed all three songs, totally my vibe. I felt like I was at a festival. I hope that stage, speakers, and new animations hint at adding bands and choirs 😉😉. And please add them in game so we can use them. I also liked that new camper style vender booth. I thought it was hilarious they were selling frogs. If they added mushrooms too it would've been woodstock all over again. Heck my college called the back athletic fields the tripping fields - my alma mater wasn't far from woodstock.
    06-29-21-11-45-42-PM.png
    PS it stopped raining when the first singer started singing.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Sims Sessions question! Will the T-shirts and performer outfits still be available in CAS after the festival is over once unlocked during the event?
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    I didn't know this was coming so it was fun to see the update with it! It was so fun too!
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    edited June 2021
    SimDork23 wrote: »

There is a break between each of them, couple sim hours perhaps. Did your sim wait long enough?
    Peral wrote: »
    So what heppens if you send over a bunch of Sims who dislikes the kind of music these three are playing and only likes jazz?! Will the Sims get tense and boo?!

Ha, that would be fun! Not sure if music taste comes into play, but one of my sims who is a Loner, had enough and left the crowded stage area during the first song. I guess he could just not take it anymore... He managed to enjoy the next two performances, though, so maybe other buffs made him less tense?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    SimDork23 wrote: »

There is a break between each of them, couple sim hours perhaps. Did your sim wait long enough?

Yep, I basically had her stand there until midnight, lol. Some sims started gathering again at one point, but nothing happened, lol.
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    I sent one of my teens and 2 friends to the event. I had more fun playing this than I thought I would. They were there until midnight, ate food, took pictures, and bought all the tshirts. Definitely going to take as many households as I can before it's gone. I hope they add more events in the future.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top