Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Sessions: The Sims Event of the Summer

Comments

• Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited July 2021
    I learned something tonight. MCCC can mess up the performers if you have certain settings selected. Instead of the actual performers, your own Sims may appear instead if the "Import Tray" settings under "Population" are set to 100% as mine are (which does get rid of those ugly townies). All three performers that appeared were my own Sims beforehand. I changed that to "0" and the proper performers appeared once I selected their instances in the debug settings.

On the other hand, "cas.fulleditmode" and MCCC are the only way you can get the performers and their stage outfits in the game. I just did it with Bebe Rexha (I noticed she had no name in the CAS UI). All performers also have the "Muser" lifetime goal.
  • Options
    OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    edited July 2021
    @MortimerGoth your tale of woes was the most interesting thing I could imagine happening at this Summer Session thing. I was excited about it so went the first day, and was so underwhelmed I wondered if it was the same each day, or if there would be something different each day, but didn't want to log in and find out, so I saw some YouTube recaps of it and yep, it's the same each time, no need to go twice.

Am I the only person who thought it was the lamest 'music festival' ever? Am I so spoilt, having been to some admittedly amazing music events at...the Live Music Capitol of the World (Austin, SXSW etc) but part of what made it so lame was, it was just a couple of tents, a couple of vendor stalls, and like 10 other Sims in front of a little wooden stage, and the Sims could do a little loose random clapping, cheering, chaotically decide to hand-wave but only like one or two and then stop...it seemed like the performers would have been embarrassed at such a tiny show-out. Sims were even having conversations instead of watching the show, though that might have been my Sim's fault, he started it.

Maybe I was expecting I dunno, some glowsticks? A crowd larger than about 10 or 12 Sims?

It was...okay.

Someone did bring up a cool question which I'll have to go back to the show to try to answer, which was, can we kill the performers? What happens if we try? I'll send in my assasSim.

As I said in an earlier post on this thread, it's not a Music Festival, it's a park performance, but for this game and it's audience they kept it simple since most of the TS4 audience isn't going to know what a Music Festival is like.

When I was a little kid I thought seeing artists perform at parks was the coolest thing ever. I thought they were all superstars. Haha It doesn't take much to impress a seven year old who is obsessed with music. :lol: THAT is the crowd this event is catering to.

I think it was a decent effort by the devs, and I hope this means we may get bands in the future.

*Edited for typos. On phone.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,157 Member
    It was nice at the first time, but I've learned it's really not my taste of music (not all their fault, bands are needed) and after the third attending of the performances, because I had to do some testing before, I let my sim couple rather make new friends and have some fun otherwise, than paying attention to the singers on the stage. Playing through the performance with fast forward kinda hurt my ears with this voice compressing of the songs, but next time I mute better the game for this.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,519 Member
    the songs are on the radio they patched them @CAPTAIN_NXR7

Nice one! 👍🏼
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,774 Member
    I thought it was a fun little outing for my sims, but since they have the same songs every week I probably won't put in the effort to take multiple households there. It would be cool if they made this a regular thing and had different talent each year, then I probably would use it at least once a year.

I hope the stage and new animations are stuff they are working on towards a future bands dlc.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    edited July 2021
    I found this mod by chance today, if anyone dislikes the t-shirt wearing townies, here's the fix!
    https://simsmodelsimmer.tumblr.com/post/655489507484942336/no-autonomous-sim-sessions-music-festival-t-shirts
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited July 2021
    I got to experience the festival in my PC copy of the game. And the gameplay ran smooth today, and not at all laggy like the PS4 version did.
    ETA: Please make these things more console friendly in the future. It was very heart breaking to go through what I just did a few days ago at this festival on the PS4. Especially after expecting a smooth gameplay at this music festival.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,034 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Right? Because heaven forbid a business actually make money.

Pro Tip: If it isn't content you'll use, you don't have to buy it.

LOL, I know Businesses are there to make money. I was just joking in my own little dry-humored way. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    so, in trying to build and test my own festival space i discovered a little bit more about the stage...

first, those two corner locations that can hold mics/guitars are turned the wrong way for sims to actually be able to access them (but they're great for displaying those guitars)

718af770cab86d20508bf5a79767b7ef.jpg
    note the direction the mic on the left is pointing compared to the mic in the middle. the middle one is usable (but only after the headliner sim plays. you can shift click to make that happen early. i've made her play at 10 am before so my sims had all day to fool around onstage... just know, you need at least one stage with a piano on it for the sessions sims to play, otherwise they just stand around and do nothing)

the second thing i discovered you can actually see in the back of the stage there... the speakers and amps from this update (both debug items) actually can use the same slots the guitars and mics do. but the ones they're slightly altered copies of (university for speakers, moschino for amp) won't slot. those corner spots are pretty nice the amps... but the speakers clip through the curtain, which can be a dealbreaker for some (like me)

b23ec4a541e0023cfe4d9dbba33a23d4.jpg

clipping:
    c49d40fe0076eb7d6fc903d992625505.png

this bit with these specific speakers and amps really has me hoping this really is a step towards bands and concerts that they decided to give us a sneak peak of, but time will tell

as for bebe rexha's outfit, @cody6268 it's actually usable by default, all sims have access to it under costumes in the full body outfit section (and female toggled, of course). it's right next to the firefighter outfit. dave bailey, the guy for glass animals, has a 'unique' sweater but it's just a swatch of a snowy escape sweater pulled out on its own and tagged for base game
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,533 Member
    sunblond wrote: »
    I found this mod by chance today, if anyone dislikes the t-shirt wearing townies, here's the fix!
    https://simsmodelsimmer.tumblr.com/post/655489507484942336/no-autonomous-sim-sessions-music-festival-t-shirts

Thank you for the link. Much appreciated.
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    I wish this was a permanent feature.. I love going there and meeting new sims.. Why limited? I dont get it
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,922 Member
    I was trying to reach Sunday for the Summer Sessions but kept being asked to go to other ones in the few days before. They are all coming at once these days. Enjoyed the music and those tents seem to perform the function of the ones in Batuu because my Sims couldn't visit the normal toilets. I think my family of Sims has bought every snowglobe in the game off that table. Now I've got to buy some shelves to show them off. :)
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited July 2021
    I figured I would have my Sims attend Sim Sessions only once, just to see what it was like. The first time Sunday rolled around in one of my saves, my active Sim would check it out.

I've ended up sending my Sims to the park every time, because I'm having fun seeing how the experience changes.

Last time, the event fell on a beautiful spring day, and I counted 17 Sims around the stage, including mine. I think I've seen nearly every young adult in the game attend at least once, and there are always one or two NPCs who are unique to my game there, too.

I'm impressed by how beautifully and expressively the artists sang their songs in Simlish. It's worth going to the Sims Sessions more than once to hear them. I know they're being paid for their contributions, but it's still good to see the artists putting some emotion into their contributions.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    It's worthwhile sending a large family to the Sessions as then they can buy up everything on the market stall and buy all the T-shirts. My family has managed to buy most of them. There are gaps in the musical interludes to get refreshed in the tents provided and I'm wondering next time if I can get my family to stay and camp there.

That Sessions' music loudspeaker is in the objects section in the catalogue so I suppose it could work elsewhere on a park lot or maybe some other community lot. I haven't tried it yet. I hope it doesn't disappear when the Sessions are over.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I had only heard of Glass Animals, but was excited anyway.

I thought it would be like City Living festivals; a large space full of interesting things, more Sims than usual, and enough to keep Sims busy until the entire thing disappears. This was smaller, had far less to do, and had maybe 8 Sims crowded around a stage big enough for a piano and two Sims. The most fun I had was making my Sims have tent woohoo, because I don't own any packs with tents.

That was acceptable, though. I'm used to disappointment.

But it changed my Sims' clothes permanently. I spent a lot of time setting up my world, dressing my Sims, and unlike festivals, I can't ask Sims to see outfit and have them change back because it replaced their clothes with the festival shirts. My current options are go back to a previous save and don't play again until the 8th (which is sad), or try to remember what all the Sims were wearing (which is frustrating).

TL;DR: I expected disappointment, lowered my standards further, and was still even more disappointed even though I didn't think it was possible.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,024 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I think this event could be fun. The only downside is that it is limited in real time. If someone can't play for whatever reason (sickness, travelling, work... ) then they are out of luck and won't get a another chance.
    I started playing sims 4 just after the plantsims event and I never had the opportunity to play that challenge. Same goes for the positivity challenge. I would like to play that again with a sim who is born after the original event. But the game won't let me. I wish these kind of things would return annually.

I wonder, if we buy festival T-shirts will they remain available for that sim in CAS afterwards?

We used to get all kinds of in game events and challenges and they were fun, but then a bunch of people (many of whom by their own admission didn’t actually even play TS4) flooded the forums & Twitter with complaints and the Plant Sim challenge I believe, was the end of it. I miss them personally because they livened things up and provided a way to get fun little content additions for your game. *raises fist* ✊🏼 Free Jasmine Holiday!

Yes I enjoy these little things too, I wish it had been a bit longer than a week though. From June 30th to July 7 th I have a visitor down.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,033 Member

I thought it would be like City Living festivals; a large space full of interesting things, more Sims than usual, and enough to keep Sims busy until the entire thing disappears. This was smaller, had far less to do, and had maybe 8 Sims crowded around a stage big enough for a piano and two Sims. The most fun I had was making my Sims have tent woohoo, because I don't own any packs with tents.

But it changed my Sims' clothes permanently. I spent a lot of time setting up my world, dressing my Sims, and unlike festivals, I can't ask Sims to see outfit and have them change back because it replaced their clothes with the festival shirts. My current options are go back to a previous save and don't play again until the 8th (which is sad), or try to remember what all the Sims were wearing (which is frustrating).

TL;DR: I expected disappointment, lowered my standards further, and was still even more disappointed even though I didn't think it was possible.

That’s the only issue I’ve had with the festival, the automated top changing. I don’t get why this was added. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️
    If my Sims don’t revert to thier original tops once the festival is over, it means going into CAS and changing them all back. 🙄

Hopefully I’ll remember what they were wearing. 😱

Liking Little Bistro Kit! French cafe vibes. 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    GreylingGreyling Posts: 164 Member
    Quoting from kalaksed:
    “> ...seeing the three artists available there too, which has me want to warn people that if they still have the hidden traits that makes them perform at the festival (which also unlocks their unique piano playing and bow animations), these three sims will disappear within a week.
    > the hidden traits that make them performers also make them get deleted after they leave the lot they're on. even if they're an active household... (...learned that one after abducting them from their performances, putting them in a household and playing them to give them all careers and fame... just to have them all get culled as they left the lots they were on...)”

So is there a way to make one or more of them stay without using mods?
    I decided to start out with an old test save before using my main save after having read about the issue with the tshirts and ended up going to the concert several times for the tshirts and because it was quite fun. One of the times the game glitched and Bebe Rexha didn’t show up when it was her turn to perform. A couple of sim days later my sims went to the art center in San Myshuno and after spending several hours there, she suddenly turned up wanting to play the piano. I had my sims talk to her and also show her around town the following days. She even turned up as the entertainer at a party they had planned before meeting her, which was a fun surprise.

Now it would be kind of cool if she could keep on staying in game after the event ends. Does anyone know if it is possible to get rid of the hidden trait and have her stay without having to find some kind of mod?
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @greyling it absolutely is possible, but you'll be using cheats to do it (i know that some are opposed to cheats in general, even for stuff like this)

also, removing their hidden traits also removes the possibility of them performing those unique piano playing and bowing animations (at least for now. i'm still hoping modders somewhere will unlock those animations)

i'll provide a brief guide to that below, under spoilers

it's easiest to have the event's sims as one or more played households (i tend to throw them into one together) and, by far, the easiest way to do that is just download them from the gallery
    you can grab them in your game right after they perform if you manage to shift click and reset them and then shift click and 'add to household' before they leave the stage (because that's when they usually get deleted)
    know that each time they appear for a festival it's a different sim so the traits are randomized each time, other than the muser trait from a creative aspiration, so you may want to cheat their traits to something you prefer, or use a retraiting potion for the same thing (one of my versions of the glass animals guy wound up being evil and a klepto)

i find it much easier to adjust things with these sims by playing them, so don't have to find their sim ids, but if you find those ids, you can do most of the following cheats as long as they're on the lot with you, just enter the id after the cheat

ctrl + shift + c to open the cheat menu. you may also want to type testingcheats true to ensure cheats are on (not all cheats need that activated, and if you activated it previously and never deactivated it, it's still active. it stays actives through game reloads)

here's an example of how to get a sim's id and use it to equip a trait onto that sim:
    sims.get_sim_id_by_name John Doe
    traits.equip_trait Clumsy 329330112625249404

in this case, the sim you want the id of is john doe. and you want to give him the clumsy trait. you just add the id at the end of the default cheat line

as for removing a trait, you want to do the reverse of the above cheat. which is as follows
    traits.remove_trait

and then follow it up with one of the three hidden traits for the sims sessions unique npcs, depending on which they are. all three are as follows:

trait_MusicFestival_Identifier_JoyOladok
    trait_MusicFestival_Identifier_DaveBayley
    trait_MusicFestival_Identifier_BebeRexha

once those hidden traits are removed, they'll be regular sims. you may also want to check (with a mod*) to see if they have other hidden traits you don't want... like sometimes they're listed as 'has been really bad' if they were created with traits like mean, evil, hotheaded or the like. there's also a chance they were created as sulani islanders or komerebi natives if you have those packs, despite them obviously not being from either location
    that latter one isn't a dealbreaker for everyone, it just means they'll be guaranteed walkbys in sulani (islander trait) or komerebi (summit local trait), since they're treated as living in those worlds. (summit local also gives them 'chopstick savvy' as a default hidden trait)

after all this is done, you can sculpt them however you like, skills, career and fame-wise. the hidden traits that got removed seem to ensure they start with piano skill 10 and singing is either 3 or 10 (it's been different for every version of them i checked, but always one of those two numbers)
    as my previous comment says, i gave them all careers (musician side of entertainer, of course) and fame (1 or 2. though technically they should probably be 2-4, despite many of us older people not having heard of them. they're all grammy winners, after all. i just have a lot of famous sims in my game, most on the high end)

...and there's me adding way too much info on top of just showing how to remove the traits...

* the two most used mods for this are:
    mccc (allows you to do a ton of stuff, some quite invasive to the game, so not everyone likes it, though others love having so many options)
    showsiminfo (all it does is read information and display it in easy to digest pages. you can search by household (hidden, specific name and such), trait (klepto is a big one i search for), career or more. on top of the default pages it allows, such as 'show all hidden traits of this character')
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    If my Sims don’t revert to thier original tops once the festival is over, it means going into CAS and changing them all back. 🙄

They don't revert to their original tops.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    83bienchen wrote: »

They don't revert to their original tops.
    🙄🤦🏼‍♂️.

I was hoping they would. It’s odd to attend an event, buy a top and wear it until I directly change them. It’s the other townies as well who randomly have the tops. 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️.

Oh well, that means big CAS trip Thursday! 😂.

• Options

Can't you just use "Change outfit"?
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

I was completely discouraged by the festival t-shirts issue, it was an issue that we suffered years ago. It was fixed so I do not understand why it was overview at this event. I was able to go to the festival once at my Testing Save, I play it to test my lots and my rooms so if all my sims wear the festival t-shirts it is ok, no problema.

This feature is nice, I hope we can get this Musical Festival stuff with a pack. It is different, fun and refreshing. I really like all the festivals that we have now at the game. More are welcome, but only if they are tested!

Since Sims 2 I discovered new music while playing, I love that from the franchise <3

YiD2NfV.png

I think my testers were glad that for once I played with them. BUT I really wanted to enjoy the festival with my Main Save. Sadly I have not played since I discovered the T-shirt issue. I'm not in the mood to go and fix my sims outfits when the event ends. I do not want a NAPS chaos again :|

Devs! Please, please, please test your features. I do not forget that we rotational players also want to enjoy this game!

KHfaKh2.png
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

I was thinking this.... nobody changed into Tshirts at my festival but if they did I would use change outfit. I do it all the time for work clothes or situational outfits. No CAS necessary
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Simburian wrote: »

I was thinking this.... nobody changed into Tshirts at my festival but if they did I would use change outfit. I do it all the time for work clothes or situational outfits. No CAS necessary
    I forget about the dressers. I tend to edit Sims from the library screen. Sometimes mirrors.

I really miss the animations of Sims trying to open the drawers. In Sims 3 sometimes the Sim would pull hard and fall over!
    Sims 4 dressers end up to put plants or little nicknacks on so that’s why they don’t get used.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top