The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Sessions: The Sims Event of the Summer

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,976 Member
    Am I the only one excited for this? Lol🥳🥳
    I think my sims are going to have a blast! Just like going to a real concert. I already have my sim lined up and some cc animated dance moves ready🥳🥳

What cc dances are you using?

Most I have are by steven studios on patreon. I have all of his. Most are like full break dances (for my dance group club) but for concerts or clubs he made some casual club dances too.
    I also use sacrificial road to fame. It has added street dancing in the latest update.
    A lot of dances by CD97. And more from random modders for stuff like ballet. I don't remember the name of.
    (Yes yes I love love dancing😅😁😁 both in game and real life)
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,377 Member
    Do we already know how long the event will run ingame? If I send a household to the concert, will I be able to send another household from the same save the next day or is the concert a one time occurence per save? (Prepared to create many save_as in case it's one time only).

I thought that I read it would occur on Sundays in game, so I'm assuming every Sunday for anybody that is playing during that 1 RL week duration. (but I could have misunderstood)

I didn't know that about sunday, thank you! I hope you're right about it repeating every sunday.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I would have translated that as 'give us your money'. :open_mouth:

LOL Awesome!
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,242 Member
    My daughter is here today & tomorrow super quick visit. Saw her twice last year also very quick due to covid. :-(
    Just here to pick up some storage then gone again. Sighhh.

So this will be something new to play with on the 29th. I love my Sims but would gladly go without playing if she could stay longer. <3
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I admit I am actually still confused about what this event will actually be or play out in the game. I think it will be different from the Jasmine Holiday ones.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited June 2021
    I wish that this event wasn’t only happening on Sundays in the game. My current my family is only on Monday & I really don’t know if I’ll have the time or patience to make it through an entire sim week by July 7th, lol. I might just have to send a random sim there instead.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,540 Member
    SimDork23 wrote: »
    I wish that this event wasn’t only happening on Sundays in the game. My current my family is only on Monday & I really don’t know if I’ll have the time or patience to make it through an entire sim week by July 7th, lol. I might just have to send a random sim there instead.

Same here. I play at a slow pace so with one gaming moment a week. I hope to get to from Monday to Sunday with my main family.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,526 Member
    edited June 2021
    This event makes me yearn for a bands / music / showtime DLC.
    I hope it’s a teaser for what’s to come next…

No I have zero clue about who these folks are, but you know what? That’s great!

I used to ( and still do to a lesser degree) step into these live sessions with budding musicians, completely ignorant of their music style, genre or performance quality. That’s the fun thing about it though. You can walk out of a place thinking “man that was some band, I must keep an eye out for them!” or “ok at least the beer wasn’t as flat as the stuff these lads played”.

If I get any time at all to dive into the game between now and whenever the event ends, I will definitely send my sims over and see what these musicians are all about. I won’t listen to said artists until I heard them in my game first!
    That way these Sims Sessions are something to look forward to! 🎶
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,754 Member
    edited June 2021
    Do we already know how long the event will run ingame? If I send a household to the concert, will I be able to send another household from the same save the next day or is the concert a one time occurence per save? (Prepared to create many save_as in case it's one time only).

No idea, but as I expect each of the 3 artists to perform max 2 songs each, I hope the festival will be triggered by a certain time of day, hopefully even one day session (bring your kids) and one night session (let's party!). My different households would have different reasons to attend so I really hope all played households will get a chance (some even might go there only to sell off their crafts). Start and end refer to RL dates, nothing was said about in game time. It would be a shame if the event can only be accessed once.
    I thought that I read it would occur on Sundays in game, so I'm assuming every Sunday for anybody that is playing during that 1 RL week duration. (but I could have misunderstood)

Oh... that makes it unavailable to most of my households... bummer.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

I used to ( and still do to a lesser degree) step into these live sessions with budding musicians, completely ignorant of their music style, genre or performance quality. That’s the fun thing about it though. You can walk out of a place thinking “man that was some band, I must keep an eye out for them!” or “ok at least the beer wasn’t as flat as the stuff these lads played”.

If I get any time at all to dive into the game between now and whenever the event ends, I will definitely send my sims over and see what these musicians are all about. I won’t listen to said artists until I heard them in my game first!

I'm hoping it means bands will come soon to @CAPTAIN_NXR7
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    SimDork23 wrote: »

Same here. I play at a slow pace so with one gaming moment a week. I hope to get to from Monday to Sunday with my main family.

Good luck to you!! Hopefully we can both experience the event with our main families, lol!
  • Options
    ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member

This!! >:)

Idem
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,390 Member
    edited June 2021
    Deleted.
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    ButterfreeguyButterfreeguy Posts: 633 Member
    And here I am hoping that you can add the singers to your household / the gallery with cheats. And if your Sims can date them. I have a storyline about that in mind already.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,540 Member

Thank you for keeping us informed. :)

I hope sims can keep these shirts after the event ends.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    So what heppens if you send over a bunch of Sims who dislikes the kind of music these three are playing and only likes jazz?! Will the Sims get tense and boo?!
  • Options
    Here's the neighborhood view of the festival location.

scETVWq.png

It's Monday in my game. :/ Gotta fast forward to Sunday. :p
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,377 Member
    EVERY sunday, yay!

Slow connection today, still 6 mins to go for the patch to complete. But then I'll jump right in, having saved saturday evening yesterday.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    When they first said Sunday I thought they meant every IRL Sunday. I’m glad in game Sundays
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Notification popped up on Tuesday.

LzE8PGW.png

M26D3tr.png

aUsQibT.png
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited June 2021
    I am very impressed with this event <3

During performance you can click on the artist and interact!

29-6-2021-19-40-43.png
    29-6-2021-19-41-04.png
    29-6-2021-19-41-52.png
    29-6-2021-19-55-35.png
    29-6-2021-20-01-27.png
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    In case you're thinking of modding the festival to be permanent.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top