The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Sessions: The Sims Event of the Summer

Comments

• Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    It’s just going to be like watching sims sing karaoke. Not at all like watching a real show or a band.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,754 Member
    One thing I dislike with these events is that they can only be experienced for a limited time, then it's all gone. I wish the night of the dead could repeat every Fall, and there was another challenge including a tree root, and you should collect enough seeds(?) to make the tree grow. In one of my lots there is still just the root, I never had time to complete the quest. For music festivals, why not repeat it 2-3 times every year? I would not mind if the songs were the same, for all we know climbing that stage after the show might be the funniest part...

Here's some tips for your sim:
    Practice singing, piano - or even write some new jokes.
    Bring a camera - taking pictures to hang on your sim's wall might be the talk of town for generations to come! "My granny actually attended that old days' concert festival, here's the proof!"
    If you plan to woohoo in a tent, make sure nobody brought a camera. You don't want your future grandchildren point on a framed collector's photo at the museum and say: "The woman woohooing in that tent was my granny!".
    Prepare some cool winter wear in case it will be freezing cold in your hood during the festival. You could always try to impress those singers by making a snow angel with the help from their music vibe ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    Ok ok.. I'm excited, but not because of obvious reasons.

I'm currently playing a sim who is working on his music/singing career. One of the activities says, "after the performances, go on stage and sing your heart out." My sim is going to be able to perform at this festival, and I'm so excited! I'm going to work this event into my current storyline!

As far as the singers that are performing, I've only heard of Bebe Rexha. I've never heard of the other two, but I did listen to the song from Glass Animals on their EA profile, and it's really good.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,065 Member
    So would they remove the tents from the game after the event is done? Because maybe you could get them with bb.showhiddenobjects, unless they remember to hide them better.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,840 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    So would they remove the tents from the game after the event is done? Because maybe you could get them with bb.showhiddenobjects, unless they remember to hide them better.

I think they are saying that they are automatically placed on the lot for the event and when the event is done, they disappear from the lot.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,438 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »

I think they are saying that they are automatically placed on the lot for the event and when the event is done, they disappear from the lot.

That's how I interpreted it too. Like the festival will pawn during certain times on Sundays and once the Sims Sessions week is over, then all of those objects that were used for the festival will be gone (unless obviously you own the packs that they came in). I don't think you have access to them in unless you own the packs.

I believe I did read that merchandise your sims buys at the festival will remain.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,065 Member
    Yeah, I get that they'll be generated by the game. I don't expect them to be in the BB catalogue. I'm just wondering if they'd accidentally leave them in the game's code or, even "better," put them in the catalogue through cheat codes. A lot of items we aren't normally able to access can be found that way, and tents might be one of them.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,390 Member

The Sims 4 is set to host an in-game music festival, titled “Sims Sessions,”
    featuring performances in the fictional Simlish language, EA announced on Thursday.

Headlining the festival is two-time Grammy-nominated pop star Bebe Rexha,
    who will perform her single “Sabotage” in the native Sims language, while
    Glass Animals‘ lead singer Dave Bayley and singer-songwriter Joy Oladokun
    will open the show with English performances.

“I’ve always been a fan of how The Sims empowers players to express their
    creativity with others in the game,” said Bebe Rexha in a statement. “Sims Sessions
    will be a fun experience for fans from around the world to enjoy music and hang
    with friends in a way that only The Sims can offer. I’m so excited to return to the
    game and also can’t wait to see the fans posting their Simlish videos of ‘Sabotage!’”

In addition to watching musical performances, players will able to maneuver the
    festival space, run their own craft sales tables, purchase artist-themed merchandise
    and get some sleep (or “Woohoo”) in one of the festival’s tents. Once the scheduled
    acts conclude, players will also be able to go on stage and perform themselves.

Meanwhile, Rexha will also partner with popular TikTok music personalities for a
    virtual #SimlishSessions karaoke challenge, in which users can share side-by-side
    duets with the artist featuring their own take on the Sims rendition of “Sabotage.”

“Sims Sessions” is scheduled to take place from June 29 to July 7 on The Sims 4.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Headlining the festival is two-time Grammy-nominated pop star Bebe Rexha,
    who will perform her single “Sabotage” in the native Sims language, while
    Glass Animals‘ lead singer Dave Bayley and singer-songwriter Joy Oladokun
    will open the show with English performances.

“I’ve always been a fan of how The Sims empowers players to express their
    creativity with others in the game,” said Bebe Rexha in a statement. “Sims Sessions
    will be a fun experience for fans from around the world to enjoy music and hang
    with friends in a way that only The Sims can offer. I’m so excited to return to the
    game and also can’t wait to see the fans posting their Simlish videos of ‘Sabotage!’”

It sounds like Bebe thinks The Sims 4 is a multiplayer game. LOL.

(And now I just want a Simlish cover of Beastie Boys Sabotage.)
  • Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,805 Member
    Sounds Super cool can't wait for my to go to this festival. Yeah
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    Sorry but I just don't understand this. Is there an FAQ?
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,320 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I'm to old for this.

Sorry you feel that way. I never feel I am too old.

Yes as younger, I did indeed visited several music/rock/metal/pop festivals and enjoyed them very much :)
    currently, I would most likely not to visit those again, but I do not consider myself as "too old for this" . :)

But all with our own style :)

I have some sims who would love to be at music fest :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,390 Member
    I play a virtual dollhouse game. No way I'm too old for a sims music festival. 😄
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Events just reminds me how much I want a jazz/rock band/musicals expansion pack. Probably going to be the first Sims event I'll be interested in since the game started. I just wonder if it will be like the Fornite event which was fun to watch on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBsCzN-jfvA
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I'm to old for this.

Sorry you feel that way. I never feel I am too old.

Yes as younger, I did indeed visited several music/rock/metal/pop festivals and enjoyed them very much :)
    currently, I would most likely not to visit those again, but I do not consider myself as "too old for this" . :)

But all with our own style :)

I have some sims who would love to be at music fest :)

My point was that I have no clue who any of the mentioned artists are and I feel like this event is pretty much aimed at the younger generation of sims players like most things seem to be with the game these days. Promoting the event by saying that the artists are everybody's favourite is really stretching things, from what I've seen a good majority of sims players don't actually seem to know who they are.

I have no issue with music festivals in general, I quite enjoy them myself.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,976 Member
    Am I the only one excited for this? Lol🥳🥳
    I think my sims are going to have a blast! Just like going to a real concert. I already have my sim lined up and some cc animated dance moves ready🥳🥳
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,976 Member
    One thing I dislike with these events is that they can only be experienced for a limited time, then it's all gone. I wish the night of the dead could repeat every Fall, and there was another challenge including a tree root, and you should collect enough seeds(?) to make the tree grow. In one of my lots there is still just the root, I never had time to complete the quest. For music festivals, why not repeat it 2-3 times every year? I would not mind if the songs were the same, for all we know climbing that stage after the show might be the funniest part...

Here's some tips for your sim:
    Practice singing, piano - or even write some new jokes.
    Bring a camera - taking pictures to hang on your sim's wall might be the talk of town for generations to come! "My granny actually attended that old days' concert festival, here's the proof!"
    If you plan to woohoo in a tent, make sure nobody brought a camera. You don't want your future grandchildren point on a framed collector's photo at the museum and say: "The woman woohooing in that tent was my granny!".
    Prepare some cool winter wear in case it will be freezing cold in your hood during the festival. You could always try to impress those singers by making a snow angel with the help from their music vibe ;)

Oh thank you for reminding me!!! Definitely bringing the camera!🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited June 2021
    Even though I don’t listen to any of the artists participating, I’m actually pretty excited about this & even wish that it was a pack instead of a limited time event! I’m a concert lover, though, so it’s right up my alley, lol. The fact that we can buy artist themed merchandise is so cute!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top