Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 4 Cottage Living Negativity thread.

Comments

• Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    bizuktag wrote: »
    The style is too cutesy for my personal taste. I don't play Disney princesses who make forest friends that help them sew dresses (no offense to those who want to); having wild animals bring my sim gifts just doesn't appeal to me.

One thing from the blog that particularly troubles me:
    In the forest, look out for wild rabbits, foxes, and birds. Earn their trust for occasional gifts and help in the garden.

Are the rabbits unable to be kept as actual pets by sims who live in other worlds?

I noticed the same thing! I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed if the rabbits are not adoptable. But there are some wearing sweaters and vests which makes me think that they will occupy a household slot and be editable in CAS.

Rabbits and birds will not occupy household slot, you will be able to by objects once you befriend them, to make them hang out more on your lot

• Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »
    I'm kinda disappointed in how the cows and the llamas work - they're tied to these BIG objects. I wish they would've been tied to smaller objects, like a small stall or something instead. I also don't like how the objects look - they look clunky and too old timey. 🤔
    Hopefully they can be scaled down. Like I can just scale a barn down and hide it in a bush.
    Ah, perhaps it would be possible to shrink down the stall in a shed I build myself - but it would still be weird to build since they presumable disappear into the tiny shrunk down shed.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    So far my biggest disappointment is that there's only 12 lots. But that seems to be the norm for Simworlds now. I don't think we'll ever have a Windenburg-sized world ever again. I am pretty excited for the rest of the pack, but I'm reserving full judgement until I read the reviews once the pack is out.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Bust the dust isn't fixed and now there adding rabbits for find collectables. Eco Living is a mess with disappearing plants and there adding more plants. Knitting is still busted and there adding more crafts. Shouldn't they clean up the previous mess before making a bigger mess. The world looks nice but no doubt it's all window dressing.
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    @AmeliaTodd Aha, suspicions confirmed!
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    CK213 wrote: »
    Holiday wrote: »
    Ugh, I guess my Mega-dorm will be stuck in Windenberg.
    I doubt there will be a 64x64 lot in the new world.

Romeo has confirmed there is 1 64x64 in the countryside neighbourhood.

:o:D:/:'( 1?

I didn't think we would have one, I just hope it's not occupied. I always wanted to make something like orchard, but none of the empty lots currently in game fit for me. I hope at some point we will get a world equal to willow creek in size, I like to not have to travel to a different world just to visit a library.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    AmeliaTodd wrote: »

I didn't think we would have one, I just hope it's not occupied. I always wanted to make something like orchard, but none of the empty lots currently in game fit for me. I hope at some point we will get a world equal to willow creek in size, I like to not have to travel to a different world just to visit a library.

Yeah, but it's always the same problem for me. It's either this or that.
    I know I will want to put a stunning English manor with impressive landscaping there too.

Maybe there will be 60 x 60, or 50 x 50 as well.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    AmeliaTodd wrote: »

Yeah, but it's always the same problem for me. It's either this or that.
    I know I will want to put a stunning English manor with impressive landscaping there too.

Maybe there will be 60 x 60, or 50 x 50 as well.

They said that the neighborhood with 64x64 is the one with their largest lots, so perhaps there are more large lots there (although not as large as 64x64).
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I don’t really have any complaints yet. Which is surprising, since I’m usually a very critical of the sims :D
    I am a bit disappointed about the lack of fairies and horses. But, hopefully they’ll be in a future and be more fleshed out.
    I hope the animals aren’t restricted to the new world coming, that would be a deal breaker for me.
    And I’ll withhold my final judgements until I see the livestream. Hopefully it isn’t devoid of gameplay like Island Living.

After the last dreadful pack (Dream Home Disaster), this pack is looking is looking like breath of fresh air. Finally!
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited June 2021
    pandie00 wrote: »
    I like the pack but I just discover that the world will have 3 neighborhoods with 4 lots each... So sick of small worlds... Need a huge one... Like Massive :'(

Twelve lots are not bad.Wish it was 15 lots.

Yeah it's easy to run out of lots. Especially if there are already community lots and premade households in this world.
  • Options
    LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I am beyond excited, however my one concern is the gardening being broken for this long. Sims 4 gardening is actually really good but they never fixed it. They better fix it before this pack😢
  • Options
    Also, this pack comes out in September?!
    What’s up with that? That seems like an awfully long time.
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    bixters wrote: »

It comes out July 22nd. If you buy it before Sept 3rd you get the extra three items.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    GirafHuntr wrote: »

It comes out July 22nd. If you buy it before Sept 3rd you get the extra three items.

Oh ok, that makes more sense. Thanks!

I guess that means no 50% sales before September 3rd :'(
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

its July 22nd
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Oh hey, side quests! The new pack will be bringing side quests!

• Options
    LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    Felicity wrote: »

Reminds me of stardew valley and the daily tasks on the village board🙃
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Oof. I don’t know about side quests. I bet they’ll get old quickly :/

I really hope this isn’t a self contained world where you can’t get a regular job, that would be awful.

Also they just look like reskins of side jobs from island living.
  • Options
    SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member

They can keep them.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    The free stuff for a limited time worries me, as well, for the precedent this might set in the future.
  • Options
    Also, I'm not a huge fan of the world to be honest.
  • Options
    Simtanium wrote: »
    The free stuff for a limited time worries me, as well, for the precedent this might set in the future.

I agree, it seems like they’re worried about people buying all their packs on sale and not at full price.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    The bunny thing's got me so disappointed. I wouldn't want it locked in a cage like rodents, but I'd love for it to actually feel like a pet and part of the family. A wild animal visitor just isn't the same. Give it a hutch to stay in, and let us keep it bound indoors or in a garden.

I feel like this might be a reskin of Odd Jobs from Island Living, except instead of getting to pick and choose what you want to do, it's randomized.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member

Reminds me of stardew valley and the daily tasks on the village board🙃

Stardew Valley has three different kinds of side quests, but it's a very different game. Don't get me wrong, I love SDV for what it is, with the side quests. Somehow, in Sims 4, I was hoping we'd get away from the check boxes.

Well, it will be interesting to see what kinds of side quests they bring.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top