Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 4 Cottage Living Negativity thread.

1252627282931...Next

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I just lost a baby chick :'(

My sims had collected two hatchable eggs, both "bad" quality. A while later they got the notification that the first egg was ready to hatch, and with my sims' help, it did so. Then I ordered that sim to clean the coop - he did that, but then he returned and cleaned it again. I saw too late that my sim was planning to clean out the second hatchable egg. By the time I had canceled the action it was too late, and only a heap of trash remained of my baby chick's little sibling. Apparently being bad quality it had failed to hatch?

For context, my current save has vampires eat sims by the dozen and most of my human sims go hunting, a mod activity that includes cutting up animal carcasses for meat. But baby chick miscarriage is a bit much. I don't want to see that ever again.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    @EnkiSchmidt I'm sorry for your loss :( The same happened to my sims some time ago. It's most likely this bug.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    @haisin Thank for the link! It seems the eggs will spoil, but the spoiled eggs may hatch after all, provided they remain undisturbed. Next time I get a fertilized egg I'll try clean the coop via the shift-click cheat menu instead of telling a sim to do it, just like it was suggested in the thread (free will is off, so no risk of the sims doing it on their own).
    But this time I'll save the game before putting the fertilized egg into the coop so that if this doesn't work I can sell it and pretend the new owner succesfully hatched the chick.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top