Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 4 Cottage Living Negativity thread.

Comments

• Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    to me as a player some seem to be judging the pack before giving it a try so i see no point in being so negative as a player i see all the new content as a great addition to the game
    Right, but some of the opinions and feelings people shared dont even require you to buy the pack first, like not liking the idea of limited time bonuses, or being a little sad it does not have fairies, among other things. I find people use these threads to offer their opinions and criticism, whether it be constructive or not, and i would not call all types of criticism and opinions negativity, maybe the title of these threads is not very accurate.
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I have an MFA in critiquing media, so trust me, it’s never too early to complain and I can complain about anything 🤣

Only recently I realized how cool it would be to have horses in the game since I’ve been on this kick of wanting wildlife sanctuaries and using the National Park lot for spawning animals.

I think the pack will compliment my OTG save to an extent, but I really wish we could get some expansion on like the handiness skill and more uses for dug up elements and fossils. My OTG Sims don’t really need more produce but I mean it’s fine I’ll take it lol. Just hope/wish they had more OTG activities that wasn’t tied to just food production I guess.

Also idk how to word this, but I really wish there were more negative aspects of the packs. Like in this pack it just looks like it’s: do this to make money do that to get rich win this for a happy moodlet etc etc all Sims do is gain gain gain. At this point, I find the only way to not have so many positive effects in the game is to ignore a lot of the gameplay 😐. Please let this pack introduce like a new death or a new something that is of substantial consequence.

I’m gonna have to go over the pack info before I come to a conclusion about this one.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited June 2021
    **Accidentally posted in wrong thread, carry on.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    I'm kinda disappointed in how the cows and the llamas work - they're tied to these BIG objects. I wish they would've been tied to smaller objects, like a small stall or something instead. I also don't like how the objects look - they look clunky and too old timey. 🤔

Honestly, this is the deal breaker for me. I'm so tired of Sims 4's oversized things. A small marker of some kind that you can use inside a building you made would be far better. Even better would be them not tied to an object at all, but yeah. Even babies are still tied to an object.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    I'm kinda disappointed in how the cows and the llamas work - they're tied to these BIG objects. I wish they would've been tied to smaller objects, like a small stall or something instead. I also don't like how the objects look - they look clunky and too old timey. 🤔

Honestly, this is the deal breaker for me. I'm so tired of Sims 4's oversized things. A small marker of some kind that you can use inside a building you made would be far better. Even better would be them not tied to an object at all, but yeah. Even babies are still tied to an object.
    Yeah exactly, I want to build my own barn type thing where the llama and cow lives. The way they did this is just...so bad.

Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I have an MFA in critiquing media, so trust me, it’s never too early to complain and I can complain about anything 🤣

Only recently I realized how cool it would be to have horses in the game since I’ve been on this kick of wanting wildlife sanctuaries and using the National Park lot for spawning animals.

I think the pack will compliment my OTG save to an extent, but I really wish we could get some expansion on like the handiness skill and more uses for dug up elements and fossils. My OTG Sims don’t really need more produce but I mean it’s fine I’ll take it lol. Just hope/wish they had more OTG activities that wasn’t tied to just food production I guess.

Also idk how to word this, but I really wish there were more negative aspects of the packs. Like in this pack it just looks like it’s: do this to make money do that to get rich win this for a happy moodlet etc etc all Sims do is gain gain gain. At this point, I find the only way to not have so many positive effects in the game is to ignore a lot of the gameplay 😐. Please let this pack introduce like a new death or a new something that is of substantial consequence.

I’m gonna have to go over the pack info before I come to a conclusion about this one.

I agree, I'm going to need a Disasters Pack soon.
  • Options
    LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    This is what I've been waiting for and I see no horses
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I usually try to avoid negativity threads but this issue deserves to be mentioned here. Tcuhr8d.png
    This makes me more angry than the kit cash grabs. Urging people to buy before a certain date... . Disgusting. Too bad because the bike looks cute. :'(

This right here is exactly what irks me. The overall theme of the pack is not one I've ever been interested in, so the pack as a whole isn't for me. That's just a preference. But to lock "bonus" content to a time limit? Yeah, it's just 3 items and they give you over a month to buy it, but something about it just doesn't sit right with me.
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    I can live with no horses as they're a lot of work and I'd want them to be more fleshed out.

My one gripe is the world. Partly as they've reused too many trees from Willow Creek which makes it too USA like/same-y. They confirmed on twitter there are only 12 lots, 3 neighbourhoods with 4 each. One more than Del Sol Valley... I know it's rural so less lots makes sense but I was hoping for more. Tbh I wish all worlds had more lots though.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    In general, I'm definitely a fan because I've been waiting for this theme so I could send some sims farming. I freely welcome any criticism of the "limited time content" because though I get why they are doing it, it obviously changes the way that things have been. Up to this point, anyone could get nearly any content except for the early stuff from community challenges at any time. You could say, "Well, in 6 months, I'll get that pack," and it would be basically the same. Now, they'll either resell it later or you'll only get it during the short window near release. I mean, it's a small change but it's still a change.

The comparison to Willow Creek is interesting. I honestly like Willow Creek a lot. I would guess that the weather and climate will be different because if Henford-on-Bagley is based on England, the weather will not be Americanized. To be really accurate, it should be sunny when you go out one door and rainy when you get to the next. The sims should periodically squint and wonder if they actually see the sun or if they just confused one cloud over another. (That's an affectionate joke). When the temperature reads mild, the sims should all go to the park and sunbathe. Still, they should say that they love it.

That being said it is extremely cutesy. I'll admit that I like a dose of it especially when there are other worlds like Evergreen Harbor that aren't. I would have liked horses and I'm guessing that if we see them, they will be a repackaged theme. It's also possible that they think horses involve a lot of specific gameplay.

I mean, I am generally happy but I do think criticism can improve things. I think there are a lot of "very cute" games out there that this seems to be going for the players of. I can take it and often like it but I also like balance. I mostly think it is great but I understand asking for supernatural content. I also think that the pack might hint at medieval content since someone could possibly convert it into a medieval world. I would have to look at it more closely to say for certain.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    I like the pack but I just discover that the world will have 3 neighborhoods with 4 lots each... So sick of small worlds... Need a huge one... Like Massive :'(

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    In general, I'm definitely a fan because I've been waiting for this theme so I could send some sims farming. I freely welcome any criticism of the "limited time content" because though I get why they are doing it, it obviously changes the way that things have been. Up to this point, anyone could get nearly any content except for the early stuff from community challenges at any time. You could say, "Well, in 6 months, I'll get that pack," and it would be basically the same. Now, they'll either resell it later or you'll only get it during the short window near release. I mean, it's a small change but it's still a change.

The comparison to Willow Creek is interesting. I honestly like Willow Creek a lot. I would guess that the weather and climate will be different because if Henford-on-Bagley is based on England, the weather will not be Americanized. To be really accurate, it should be sunny when you go out one door and rainy when you get to the next. The sims should periodically squint and wonder if they actually see the sun or if they just confused one cloud over another. (That's an affectionate joke). When the temperature reads mild, the sims should all go to the park and sunbathe. Still, they should say that they love it.

That being said it is extremely cutesy. I'll admit that I like a dose of it especially when there are other worlds like Evergreen Harbor that aren't. I would have liked horses and I'm guessing that if we see them, they will be a repackaged theme. It's also possible that they think horses involve a lot of specific gameplay.

I mean, I am generally happy but I do think criticism can improve things. I think there are a lot of "very cute" games out there that this seems to be going for the players of. I can take it and often like it but I also like balance. I mostly think it is great but I understand asking for supernatural content. I also think that the pack might hint at medieval content since someone could possibly convert it into a medieval world. I would have to look at it more closely to say for certain.

It's the Willow Creek reused trees that bug me. I'm English and most of the pack does seem like the British countryside, but that first scene doesn't for me. Idk what it is, just something off with the trees and such. I think they copied them to save time and it's only a minor thing. Just gave me vibes like an American clearly made and designed this, not a Brit.

The houses look better, thank god they chose British game changers to build them is all I can say. I wish they'd given us letterboxes though.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    pandie00 wrote: »
    I like the pack but I just discover that the world will have 3 neighborhoods with 4 lots each... So sick of small worlds... Need a huge one... Like Massive :'(

Twelve lots are not bad.Wish it was 15 lots.
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    pandie00 wrote: »

Twelve lots are not bad.Wish it was 15 lots.

I wish it was 25 :p I can only dream
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Ugh, I guess my Mega-dorm will be stuck in Windenberg.
    I doubt there will be a 64x64 lot in the new world.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

Romeo has confirmed there is 1 64x64 in the countryside neighbourhood.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    12 lots is awful, my first complaint.

But I'm not stressed about horses, I prefer bunnies anyway, so cute!
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    I really wouldn't expect animal husbandry in the game, though my guess is that it will be modded in. I really, really hope that the animals aren't tied to their buildings, or if they are, that the buildings aren't rabbitholes (errrr, well, you know what I mean). See, I wouldn't mind making a tiny homestead type lot, with chickens running in and out of the house.

I do wonder if the fox ever catches the chickens or rabbits. Somehow I doubt it.

I saw something on one of their official blogs or game descriptions that mentioned watch out for the fox, but noticed that it specifically says the pesky fox is going after the eggs. So, the fox isn't going to actually kill any animals, just steal your eggs.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member

There is one 64x64 lot. Confirmed by SimGuruRomeo.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    12 lots is awful, my first complaint.

But I'm not stressed about horses, I prefer bunnies anyway, so cute!

Definitely disappointed in only getting 12 lots. Way too little.

While I'm disappointed in there not being horses, I'm hoping that they'll maybe get a dedicated pack in the future so they can be properly fleshed out. Something fully equestrian-themed, perhaps. The bunnies are pretty cute.
  • Options
    bizuktag wrote: »
    The style is too cutesy for my personal taste. I don't play Disney princesses who make forest friends that help them sew dresses (no offense to those who want to); having wild animals bring my sim gifts just doesn't appeal to me.

One thing from the blog that particularly troubles me:
    In the forest, look out for wild rabbits, foxes, and birds. Earn their trust for occasional gifts and help in the garden.

Are the rabbits unable to be kept as actual pets by sims who live in other worlds?

I noticed the same thing! I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed if the rabbits are not adoptable. But there are some wearing sweaters and vests which makes me think that they will occupy a household slot and be editable in CAS.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    The style is too cutesy for my personal taste. I don't play Disney princesses who make forest friends that help them sew dresses (no offense to those who want to); having wild animals bring my sim gifts just doesn't appeal to me.

One thing from the blog that particularly troubles me:
    In the forest, look out for wild rabbits, foxes, and birds. Earn their trust for occasional gifts and help in the garden.

Are the rabbits unable to be kept as actual pets by sims who live in other worlds?
    Yeah, I'm really worried about how they'll handle bunnies. Ideally they'd be like cats & dogs, but The Sims seems to have an aversion to fully-realized pets outside of cats & dogs (and horses.) Like I get not wanting to use up a family slot, but I'd rather have a full pet than a glorified item or NPC.

I noticed that we had a log with a hole in it on the farmland in the trailer. I'm hoping that, if we can't have bunnies as household pets, we can get that log and one will spawn on the lot. The fact that a bunny was shown in the family home gives me hope.

Hopefully they can be scaled down. Like I can just scale a barn down and hide it in a bush.

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options

I saw someone speculate that maybe we can just shrink these objects down like we can shrink most things. That would be hilarious, if there is a giant cow next to a tiny hut.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    The thread to post any complaints, concerns, and griviences.

Which is?

for me not loving the absence of pigs and sheep :/

pretty sure I voted for them in a past survey to.

objects animals again :#

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Holiday wrote: »

Romeo has confirmed there is 1 64x64 in the countryside neighbourhood.

:o:D:/:'( 1?
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top