Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 4 Cottage Living Negativity thread.

Comments

• Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    It would be awful if they don’t let us cook the rabbits, cows, and chickens!

I can't tell if you're serious, but the dev team already said they would never allow that. The rabbits are wild creatures to befriend, the chickens produce eggs, and the cows milk. That's all.
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Duende wrote: »
    It's the reuse of animations, lack of in-depth gameplay and let's be real: fairies would have fit in very well with this pack but there isn't any sign of them. The Sims 3 gave us vampires (an occult state) in an expansion (Late night) and this Cottage Living pack, while pretty with the animals that could have been given in an animal expansion pack (Cats & Dogs) fails to show any.... BRAND NEW gameplay? We can already garden, sell good at a market stall, bake... okay we can now milk cows and get eggs from chickens but what else?

The blog says that the judging competition will be weekly so your sim can stay busy getting ready for those. But if based on skill levels will probably turn into easy wins each time you enter.

There’s also the Simple Living Lot Challenge were it looks like recipes will be completely dependent on what the sim harvests so no more using simoleans to make a dish.

And that’s about the only other interesting things alongside also befriending woodland creatures to get gifts and garden helpers.

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited June 2021
    Did you see the world ??? Is it Willow Creek 2 ?

I'm very disappointed by the landscape, it doesn't make me dream at all.
    I'm tired of the basic lush world.

• Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Brace yourself for „Is it Generations?“ :p

I'm very forgiving of people wanting a Generations pack, personally. People are thrilled that it looks like kids can play with some of the new animals because it's literally anything for kids to do.
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    For anyone wondering on the Cows and chickens they have a blog up about the cows having a shed and the chickens a coop, so it sounds like they will be tied to those objects, which hopefully makes them available in other worlds. I saw the blog post on the positivity thread if anyone is interested.

Already planning out some penthouse farms.

• Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I really wanted fairies :(
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    haneul wrote: »

I can't tell if you're serious, but the dev team already said they would never allow that. The rabbits are wild creatures to befriend, the chickens produce eggs, and the cows milk. That's all.

Never allow what? Cooking? You realise FARMING is raising animals, crops and usually diary products for consumption, right?

Not that this is a farming pack. It’s not. I want a farming pack. This is living in a cottage in the woods picking flowers and growing vegetables while having a few chickens pack.

—T
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited June 2021

I can understand why, but at the same time...the food that they are eating in this screenshot looks like they very much made it themselves from their garden. So it would not be too much of a stretch for them to get their meat from their own animals.

original.jpg
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I really wouldn't expect animal husbandry in the game, though my guess is that it will be modded in. I really, really hope that the animals aren't tied to their buildings, or if they are, that the buildings aren't rabbitholes (errrr, well, you know what I mean). See, I wouldn't mind making a tiny homestead type lot, with chickens running in and out of the house.

I do wonder if the fox ever catches the chickens or rabbits. Somehow I doubt it.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    No Fairies :'(
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    No Fairies :'(

Yeah, that makes me sad too :(
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I usually try to avoid negativity threads but this issue deserves to be mentioned here. Tcuhr8d.png
    This makes me more angry than the kit cash grabs. Urging people to buy before a certain date... . Disgusting. Too bad because the bike looks cute. :'(

So far, my first impressions of the pack are quite positive, but this "bonus content" when you buy before a deadline, is beyond ridiculous and should not be thing.

Those bonus items should already be included in the pack, available to everyone, regardless of when they buy it.

I suppose it's better than a pre-order bonus. However, EA must realize that these types of bonuses end up punishing their customers who don't always have the disposable income or who start later in the game and encourages arrrrr for those people. TBH, those items are not worth $20 to me (I always wait to buy EPs until they're half off).
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited June 2021
    Honestly, I like most of what I see.
    However, I am concerned that this will release with the gardening bug still not fixed, which would be a disaster and really leave a bad taste in my mouth.
    I see jam jars around as decor but no mention of canning and this would be a giant hole in the pack for me if it isn't included. Sims need to eat in winter too! I assume there will be a game play trailer and hope to see them in that.
    I was initially disappointed with no fairies but as I've commented before, I would prefer them to have their own pack and really delve into fae lore. Maybe getting them in their own pack would allow things such as changeling babies and the seelie/unseelie court.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    For anyone wondering on the Cows and chickens they have a blog up about the cows having a shed and the chickens a coop, so it sounds like they will be tied to those objects, which hopefully makes them available in other worlds. I saw the blog post on the positivity thread if anyone is interested.

Patchy is also tied to an object and you can put him on any lot
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    logion wrote: »

I can understand why, but at the same time...the food that they are eating in this screenshot looks like they very much made it themselves from their garden. So it would not be too much of a stretch for them to get their meat from their own animals.

original.jpg

If anything a mod will most likely come out that will allow animals to be used for meat. I'd welcome it, and meat ingredients can be used in a sim's fridge. It wouldn't be graphic, just a rabbit hole and meat in your sim's inventory.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    to me as a player some seem to be judging the pack before giving it a try so i see no point in being so negative as a player i see all the new content as a great addition to the game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member
    edited June 2021

Yeah and the llama produce wool.This probably why we don't have pigs.Because there is nothing they are use for beside meat.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I usually try to avoid negativity threads but this issue deserves to be mentioned here. Tcuhr8d.png
    This makes me more angry than the kit cash grabs. Urging people to buy before a certain date... . Disgusting. Too bad because the bike looks cute. :'(

I never got over missing the TS3 Pets limited edition so that I don't have the pet shop 😭
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    to me as a player some seem to be judging the pack before giving it a try so i see no point in being so negative as a player i see all the new content as a great addition to the game

To me as a player the trailer is a venue to get people talking on what is/or will be offered in game and players have the right to express how they feel on what was offered.

As we learn more other players may change their minds or they may not. And that’s their right especially if the gameplay has nothing to offer that players game style.

Personal example, I disliked Journey To Batuu as soon as I saw the trailer because there was nothing that interested me and it still didn’t interest me as more info was shown so I’m not bothered that it’s not part of my games

Did I sound negative? Yep. But as a player that is my feeling towards that release and others shouldn’t be chided for their own feelings.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    It's too early to really complain but a few things did pop up...
    -The timelocked items tied to the pack is dumb. Maybe if the games were less super buggy on release people would be more willing to buy them upon release.

-A lot of stuff shown off looks rehashed/repackaged from other packs. Some of that is fine, but on your reveal trailer it really shouldn't be the main focus. So rather concerned on the amount of new gameplay.

-It really looks too much like windenburg, but country-fied. Not a super big deal just...could've used more to make it different.

-Animals being tied to certain items. All the animals are great but I really don't want them to be objects. I will say the bunnies are super cute tho.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member

Its great that you are looking forward to the pack, but you do realize that this thread is particularly aimed at players who arent exactly feeling the same way? Would you appreciate it if you were in a thread aimed at players who are absolutely excited for the pack, but someone comes in saying how much they hate the pack and no one should be enjoying it either? No right? Im not sure what you're trying to accomplish here but there is another thread meant for players just as excited as you that share your sentiment.
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    The style is too cutesy for my personal taste. I don't play Disney princesses who make forest friends that help them sew dresses (no offense to those who want to); having wild animals bring my sim gifts just doesn't appeal to me.

One thing from the blog that particularly troubles me:
    In the forest, look out for wild rabbits, foxes, and birds. Earn their trust for occasional gifts and help in the garden.

Are the rabbits unable to be kept as actual pets by sims who live in other worlds?
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I'm kinda disappointed in how the cows and the llamas work - they're tied to these BIG objects. I wish they would've been tied to smaller objects, like a small stall or something instead. I also don't like how the objects look - they look clunky and too old timey. 🤔
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top