Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I'm playing the vampire aspiration for the first time. At level 2 one of the milestones says train 3 descendents. Well, all this time i thought this aspiration was about a real family, like wanting to have kids and train my kids, developing a powerful vampire family tree... but no :lol: it's about training the people you turn into a vampire. Those are the descendents. I spent days getting pregnant and having kids until i randomly trained one of the sims i've turned and the milestone gets checked immediately :lol: and now i have to deal with the kids :scream:
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    I'm playing the vampire aspiration for the first time. At level 2 one of the milestones says train 3 descendents. Well, all this time i thought this aspiration was about a real family, like wanting to have kids and train my kids, developing a powerful vampire family tree... but no :lol: it's about training the people you turn into a vampire. Those are the descendents. I spent days getting pregnant and having kids until i randomly trained one of the sims i've turned and the milestone gets checked immediately :lol: and now i have to deal with the kids :scream:

Omg that is too funny! I've never done anything with vamps so I'm going to learn through you on this one. 😆
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

Omg that is too funny! I've never done anything with vamps so I'm going to learn through you on this one. 😆

😂😂😂😂 @Mstybl95 it's the vampire that lives in forgotten hollow (the one in my profile pic) from the homeless kid save file i sent you :)
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member

BTW, either one works! My vampire had two biological children and turned four adults and at the upper levels of that aspiration either type of offspring worked to satisfy the requirement.
  • Options
    Daephene wrote: »

BTW, either one works! My vampire had two biological children and turned four adults and at the upper levels of that aspiration either type of offspring worked to satisfy the requirement.

Good to know! So the babies will be usefull :lol:
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    It seems there is some crossplay between likes/dislikes and sentiments/lifestyles.
    A sim with "single and loving it" lifestyle walked into a room with romance music on, and I immediately got a pop-up to confirm that she hates romance music.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    Balcony fully enclosed by fence (even without roof) counts as "indoors" for the purpose of Indoorsy/outdoorsy lifestyles.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    SamDenny wrote: »
    So now I'm getting deep into how vampirism works(oh geez deep doesn't even cover it though)..

Compel for a Deep Drink as we know will cause the victim to pass out.

I had to use a stop watch..but...a sim will stay passed out for about 88 seconds real time(1.46min). Consider that 60 seconds real time is 1 hour in sim time.

Only thing I don't know is how long it takes to drink from that same sim again.

Edit: Got the correct time for them passing out. It's exactly 1 hour(sim time).

I spent a lot of time exploring and enjoying vamps in Sims4 and if you want it to be a bit edgier, there are mods with which instead of merely passing out, a Deep Drink will either kill or have a chance to kill, the targeted Sim.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Balcony fully enclosed by fence (even without roof) counts as "indoors" for the purpose of Indoorsy/outdoorsy lifestyles.

Question for you on that: does that extend to electronics not getting destroyed from the rain, on those balconies?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    So writing a Book of Life not only can resurrect a sim, it can fill a sim’s needs when read. Ok I knew those things, but I wrote one for a dog and since I have a playable pet mod, I can see that it will also fill the pet’s needs too! Wasn’t sure if it would work but was pleased to see it does :)
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited May 2021
    SamDenny wrote: »
    So now I'm getting deep into how vampirism works(oh geez deep doesn't even cover it though)..

Compel for a Deep Drink as we know will cause the victim to pass out.

I had to use a stop watch..but...a sim will stay passed out for about 88 seconds real time(1.46min). Consider that 60 seconds real time is 1 hour in sim time.

Only thing I don't know is how long it takes to drink from that same sim again.

Edit: Got the correct time for them passing out. It's exactly 1 hour(sim time).

I spent a lot of time exploring and enjoying vamps in Sims4 and if you want it to be a bit edgier, there are mods with which instead of merely passing out, a Deep Drink will either kill or have a chance to kill, the targeted Sim.

That is actually what I'm trying to accomplish in my game(I prefer to make it myself) as well as bring other ideas into fruition. I know how to reduce and extend the pass out time as well as the time for when you can drink from them again but going further is proving difficult...but I'll get it.

I had fun earlier drinking an entire household and leaving their bodies there for 48 hours.
  • Options
    LaraNocturnalLaraNocturnal Posts: 74 Member
    It seems there is some crossplay between likes/dislikes and sentiments/lifestyles.
    A sim with "single and loving it" lifestyle walked into a room with romance music on, and I immediately got a pop-up to confirm that she hates romance music.

The single and loving it sims will also get a moodlet when reading romance novels. Something I can't remember, so paraphrased "It's a nice story, but that's not really how it works" or some such thing. Pretty cute.
  • Options
    lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    Just a little thing I noticed recently that hopefully isn't in this thread yet. I tried to look but then I realized this thread is over 350 pages long! Wow!

But the globe/drink dispenser that came with Vintage Glamour stuff has an option for kids to play with it! Kids can "study globe", and they'll spin it around. The glasses inside will clatter and the kids will peek inside to see if they broke something.

Just a very little thing, but kids really don't have much to do in this game, so I was very excited to find this interaction. I'm desperate for more kid-oriented gameplay. Plus it's a cute little animation.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    lexibee wrote: »
    Just a little thing I noticed recently that hopefully isn't in this thread yet. I tried to look but then I realized this thread is over 350 pages long! Wow!

But the globe/drink dispenser that came with Vintage Glamour stuff has an option for kids to play with it! Kids can "study globe", and they'll spin it around. The glasses inside will clatter and the kids will peek inside to see if they broke something.

Just a very little thing, but kids really don't have much to do in this game, so I was very excited to find this interaction. I'm desperate for more kid-oriented gameplay. Plus it's a cute little animation.

I loved that when I found it just about a month ago. I never thought to click it while controlling a kid. Haha
  • Options
    lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    lexibee wrote: »

I loved that when I found it just about a month ago. I never thought to click it while controlling a kid. Haha

Exactly!! That's why it took me so long to find it! And this thread seemed like a perfect place to let others know it existed. I can't believe I've had that pack for years and only found this interaction a few months ago. It makes me wonder what other little interactions are hiding out there...
  • Options
    Despite playing vampires, I didn't know that high level vampires can teleport anywhere to any point.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member

Question for you on that: does that extend to electronics not getting destroyed from the rain, on those balconies?

As far as I understand electronics need to be under a roof. So a room without walls will still need a roof to protect electronics against the rain.
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited June 2021
    I didn't know that child vampires have a "hidden" dark form. They don't have a playable one which you could dabble with but you can see it in the Library. I guess same goes for toddlers.
    eelS8xm.jpg
  • Options
    I didn't know that toddlers won't relieve their bladder if there's a stranger in the bathroom. They don't act like other sims, either doing it any way and becoming embarassed or asking the stranger to leave. A small bubble with the picture of the strangrer crossed shows and they just don't even sit...
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Figured out a quick and easy way to kill a sim for an aspiration's "witness a death" requirement. Add a new sim to the household, make them exercise till their Energy is down in the yellow, then put them in a pool and build a fence around it. Then repeatedly make them swim laps and soon they become so tired all options are greyed out, soon after that Grim Reaper is there for them. Running my game at 3x speed I think it took around 15 minutes to do this. Most bothersome was the +5 2 day Sad moodlet but after a lot of "crying it out" in bed my sim was Happy and ready to return to work without having to take any additional time off
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    JustMeAlb wrote: »
    Figured out a quick and easy way to kill a sim for an aspiration's "witness a death" requirement. Add a new sim to the household, make them exercise till their Energy is down in the yellow, then put them in a pool and build a fence around it. Then repeatedly make them swim laps and soon they become so tired all options are greyed out, soon after that Grim Reaper is there for them. Running my game at 3x speed I think it took around 15 minutes to do this. Most bothersome was the +5 2 day Sad moodlet but after a lot of "crying it out" in bed my sim was Happy and ready to return to work without having to take any additional time off

From which aspiration is that requirement?
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »

As far as I understand electronics need to be under a roof. So a room without walls will still need a roof to protect electronics against the rain.

Yep, I think so, though the only electronic I had on the balcony was the fabricator, which was never hit.
    So, what I described is just lifestyle tuning issue. Similarly, sims with outdoorsy lifestyle get bored from "being inside" even if they read a book outside, because someone hard-coded reading to be considered an indoor activity regardless of where you read.
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    JustMeAlb wrote: »

From which aspiration is that requirement?

In the last part of Public Enemy

The cake is a lie
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I didn't know how to properly count generations until now. I have 6 instead of 7. The game doesn't go past Great-Grandxxx so I needed to count the 'greats' then add that grand myself. E.i. Laitha is the Greatx4 Grandmother of Miranda, which is puts them at 6 generations apart(4+1+1). Basically, Gen 1 is Gen 0, since the first 2 sims aren't related anyway. Ran into this while trying to figure out how cousins are calculated.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top