Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2021
    Did you know - The interior design career has the same icon design in 4 as it does in 3!

sims-2021-game-pack-home-decorator.jpg
    6a4c8826195e52bd58f1cc0bd9add863.png
    (a variation of)
  • Options
    LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    Did you know that the Landgraabs Power Company can temporarily turn off the power to your lot as a random event?! My whole time playing the Sims and I have never had this happen before, it was a pleasant surprise. What made it more exciting was the fact it occurred during the movie night holiday so that made things a bit more exciting... Haha. :D

bAEltEI.png
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    Did you know that the Landgraabs Power Company can temporarily turn off the power to your lot as a random event?! My whole time playing the Sims and I have never had this happen before, it was a pleasant surprise. What made it more exciting was the fact it occurred during the movie night holiday so that made things a bit more exciting... Haha. :D

bAEltEI.png

It's happened to me twice and both times was because of squirrels.

Did you know that if you have the woohoo bush and a dog, the dog will go in there to fight squirrels and skunks??? I just found that out! My fox has been bitten by a squirrel, sprayed by a skunk twice,( the second time was only a few sim hours after we bathed him from his first skunk encounter) and finally won the re-match against that pesky squirrel from earlier!
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited June 2021
    So it kept bugging me about sim time and how much faster it is than real time. Maybe it's wrong but here goes..

Common knowledge: 1 real minutes = 1 sim hour. 24 minutes = 1 sim day.

On to other calculations...

1 real day = 60 sim days. Proof: 1440 real minutes / 24 = 60.

The math got harder:

A sim month is only 28 days according to the seasons calendar and how seasons can be set to a maximum of 28 days(4 weeks). To that end, a sim year is 336 days.

Considering that, this means..672 real minutes is 28 sim days. Proof: 672 / 24 = 28. Inversely ~ 24 x 28 = 672.

Simply multiply 24 min by how many sims days you want to know it would be in real minutes. Yes, probably a no brainer, but I love working with time.

Finally, 8,064 real minutes(134 hours) is 1 sim year.

20253 sim days have passed in my game if I ignore total full real days and just count how many days I played a session of the game, because you know.. nobody can play a game for 338 FULL days straight. This means when Laitha died, she was 55 sim years old.

This is hard to utilize because time is quite basic in Sims 4. Only hours and days of weeks matter, and real time is not recorded anywhere outside of the time stamp for save files. I guess if I did want anything added to the game, it would be like actual birth days and these corrosponded with real time(since the Sims 4 doesn't have actual months).

• Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    I don’t think you can die of laughter in Batuu. My teen sim got hysterical while in the Cantina and I panicked because there’s no mirrors around to get her calm down. So I got her to spar with lightsabers instead in the hopes that would change her mood. By the time she got out of the conversation and into the sparring, probably 30 sim minutes had passed and she hadn’t died. After sparring for about another 15 minutes, her mood went down into very playful. Given how quick another sim of mine had died from laughter, this seemed way longer, so I can only assume that you can’t die on Batuu.

Also, I think needs decay a lot slower while there too. The main sim I was playing was there for 3.5 days and she only had to sleep once, refresh herself twice, and eat only two or three times. Either that, or my game is glitched! She had no reward traits to slow needs, and the sim she was with (for purposes of distracting stormtroopers) still had fairly normal needs.
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @MayaRose1138 Teen Sims are immune to emotional deaths. I think they have been since the pre-Parenthood patch.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    @MayaRose1138 Teen Sims are immune to emotional deaths. I think they have been since the pre-Parenthood patch.

That explains a lot then! Something else I didn’t know! Thank you :)
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Child sims can write books. They just can't publish them.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Found a Cheered to Death tense emotion. When a sim is around good and cheerful sims, they will get the tense cheered to death emotional buff.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited June 2021
    I was playing a new house today when I looked around the neighborhood and saw this.
    svyTtnG.png
    c4mqxxx.png
    The little white car stopped, because it was making a left turn, and waited for the truck to pass
    before completing the turn. I thought it was funny, considering that in the game things just travel
    through each other.
  • Options
    CattyBetsyCattyBetsy Posts: 62 Member
    > @mlnov39 said:
    > I was playing a new house today when I looked around the neighborhood and saw this.
    >
    >
    >
    > The little white car stopped, because it was making a left turn, and waited for the truck to pass
    > before completing the turn. I thought it was funny, considering that in the game things just travel
    > through each other.

Juiced driving maybe ? ;)
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    I finally put a bit of time and effort into fabrication, dating and throwing dinner parties in-game and they really enhanced things. Can't believe I'd ignored these utterly until now.

I also discovered there are ping-pong tables!
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Fun fact. Every game should only have one landlord.

However, should you have more than one landlord, if your sim can call landlord (broken trash chute, electrical box etc), you can choose which landlord to call for help.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Didn't realize you can't bond with bee's when you're in a bear costume because it may 'frighten the bees'.

Amusing with the nodding hint towards Claire the bear from the first sims game.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    I didn't know you can compliment vampires for their "costume". Made a Halloween type holiday with one tradition being "wear costumes", then I noticed Blaze was able to compliment his father... even though there's no freaking costume, he was just chilling in his dark form. No such dialogue option for normal sims wearing normal outfits.

"Hey dad, where did you find such an awesome vampire costume?"
    " ... maybe I'll have a few words with your mom because I know I never dropped you on your head."
    aHIvDxT.jpg
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    SamDenny wrote: »
    So it kept bugging me about sim time and how much faster it is than real time. Maybe it's wrong but here goes..

Common knowledge: 1 real minutes = 1 sim hour. 24 minutes = 1 sim day.

On to other calculations...

1 real day = 60 sim days. Proof: 1440 real minutes / 24 = 60.

The math got harder:

A sim month is only 28 days according to the seasons calendar and how seasons can be set to a maximum of 28 days(4 weeks). To that end, a sim year is 336 days.

Considering that, this means..672 real minutes is 28 sim days. Proof: 672 / 24 = 28. Inversely ~ 24 x 28 = 672.

Simply multiply 24 min by how many sims days you want to know it would be in real minutes. Yes, probably a no brainer, but I love working with time.

Finally, 8,064 real minutes(134 hours) is 1 sim year.

20253 sim days have passed in my game if I ignore total full real days and just count how many days I played a session of the game, because you know.. nobody can play a game for 338 FULL days straight. This means when Laitha died, she was 55 sim years old.

This is hard to utilize because time is quite basic in Sims 4. Only hours and days of weeks matter, and real time is not recorded anywhere outside of the time stamp for save files. I guess if I did want anything added to the game, it would be like actual birth days and these corrosponded with real time(since the Sims 4 doesn't have actual months).

My head started hurting reading this. MATH HURTS!!!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited July 2021
    Just like with build/buy mode, I never knew that you could search CAS items by color, too, LOL.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    A Sim who dies by drowning, as a ghost will drip and leave puddles all over the place.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    If you have a beetle nugget (Eco lifestyle) you can use it to make Beetle Juice.

Drink one drink and it'ts about like drinking any other drink, Drink it a second time you'll get a moodlet (dazed) if not warning your sim isn't feeling too good after the second drink, and if you drink it a third time your Sim will turn into a ghost permanently. You'll also get a moodlet 'It's Showtime! (I'm the ghost with the most!

The reference is obvious if you know it also this does count as a unique death. :p
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Evee95Evee95 Posts: 66 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    A Sim who dies by drowning, as a ghost will drip and leave puddles all over the place.

That reminds me of that terrifying horror movie "The Ring" still haunts me a decade later
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Evee95 wrote: »

That reminds me of that terrifying horror movie "The Ring" still haunts me a decade later

I forgot that also the Sim went swimming as a ghost and got "Scared", Hydrophobia. Also in the rain gets "Scared". All the dripping normally creates the "unpleasant environment" for most Sims, however that would be a double problem for the ghost dripping and leaving water all over the place. I noticed they were constantly moping up puddles, even with the "Lazy" trait.

Sounds like a horror to me! To be honest. :s
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Evee95 wrote: »

I forgot that also the Sim went swimming as a ghost and got "Scared", Hydrophobia. Also in the rain gets "Scared". All the dripping normally creates the "unpleasant environment" for most Sims, however that would be a double problem for the ghost dripping and leaving water all over the place. I noticed they were constantly moping up puddles, even with the "Lazy" trait.

Sounds like a horror to me! To be honest. :s

This also happens with the "death by denizen" from Get Famous. Also they are afraid to take a bath, but I haven't tried a shower yet.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Had the N.A.P. Inspector come by my sims home, forgot it was active as I tend to repeal the majority of NAPS, but I had both doors locked so he really couldn't come in, so he kinda just idled there for awhile and soon said that my sims passed inspection and got a reduction in their bill.

:D

Also, played with a slob sim noticed as low as their hygiene got and even with a uncomfortable moodlet he still did not take a shower on his own accord at all. (He waited til it was ALL the way down) Plus, he's also a glutton kinda forgot they can rummage through the bin for food. Even though he had a perfectly good microwave and stove, he decided to forage for food in the bin. Ew.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    If sim children have a toy in their inventory, they can play with it in the bath.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited July 2021
    When a sim quits their job as an engineer, they lose the ability to craft items exclusive to the branch they were in (such as the ExoMech suit from the mechanical branch). That's very disappointing, I was hoping it was like the science career, where you get to keep the recipes for the potions you unlock, whether you stay in that career or not. Guess I can forget about that master engineer sim that can craft anything at the robotics workstation. :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top