Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I admittedly haven't played Sims 4 very much, so I'm mostly familiar with Sims 2 deaths and the more obvious Sims 4 deaths like death by fire. Yesterday, however, Liberty Lee died in my vanilla game from "Cardiac explosion." She was extremely upset about her husband, who in my game was one of the Bros, cheating on her. Seems kind of silly to die from that as it's a very natural reaction!

They can did from too much laughter too!

• Options
    TikaaniaTikaania Posts: 65 Member
    List the Sims 4 best objects for gameplay.
  • Options
    jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Didn't know I could make more than one outfit on everyday wear, formal wear etc.
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited June 2021
    Didn't know I could make more than one outfit on everyday wear, formal wear etc.

It's nice because every time they shower they change their clothes.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I admittedly haven't played Sims 4 very much, so I'm mostly familiar with Sims 2 deaths and the more obvious Sims 4 deaths like death by fire. Yesterday, however, Liberty Lee died in my vanilla game from "Cardiac explosion." She was extremely upset about her husband, who in my game was one of the Bros, cheating on her. Seems kind of silly to die from that as it's a very natural reaction!

They can die from too much laughter too!

Everything was going great and my family had just celebrated New Years when my sim died from laughing.
    Needless to say, I didn't save it. So Frustrating!
    Look at the smile on her face! :D

2Hry4Pn.png?1
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @mlnov39 I have a goofball sim who always gets super playful and I always get worried that he'll make it to the hysterical stage and die.
  • Options
    @mlnov39 I have a goofball sim who always gets super playful and I always get worried that he'll make it to the hysterical stage and die.

Then I'll avoid Goofball :D
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    mlnov39 wrote: »

I wish they'd remove the idiotic emotional death feature. I'm a goofball irl and while I have been known to wax hysterical laughing on occasion, the only death it causes is social. :sweat_smile: Sims being able to die laughing, die of embarrassment, that doesn't improve immersion, and it's not the kind of "sense of humor" Sims 1, 2, and 3 had that Sims4 lacks. I mean, Sims4 Sims cannot die in a fight even if they lose a fight 10X, but they can die of embarrassment or laughter. :confused:
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    It's crazy how athletic sims live so much longer than non-athletic sims.
    My older athletic sims watched all their younger non-athletic siblings pass away.
    My sim went to her sister's house to say good bye because I assumed she would
    be passing "any day now," but her sister was always on the treadmill & swimming and lived for
    many days after her twin died.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member

I wish they'd remove the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ emotional death feature. I'm a goofball irl and while I have been known to wax hysterical laughing on occasion, the only death it causes is social. :sweat_smile: Sims being able to die laughing, die of embarrassment, that doesn't improve immersion, and it's not the kind of "sense of humor" Sims 1, 2, and 3 had that Sims4 lacks. I mean, Sims4 Sims cannot die in a fight even if they lose a fight 10X, but they can die of embarrassment or laughter. :confused:

After losing one of my favorite sims to dying of laughter, I got a mod that eliminates emotional deaths. It hasn't ever needed to be updated either and that keeps it simple.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    It's crazy how athletic sims live so much longer than non-athletic sims.
    My older athletic sims watched all their younger non-athletic siblings pass away.
    My sim went to her sister's house to say good bye because I assumed she would
    be passing "any day now," but her sister was always on the treadmill & swimming and lived for
    many days after her twin died.

@minov39 I've a few active sims in my game who have far outlived their spouses.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    wow great screenshot @mlnov39 !

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member

Takes me ages in CAS now. They usually get a choice of 5 outfits for every type!
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    wow great screenshot @mlnov39 !

Thank you :)
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2021
    I was today years old when I found out that a Sim in the education career can teach others. Thus far it seems like any skill long as said sim that is teaching has the skill at Lvl 5.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I just posted this in another thread but thought it would fit in here as well. You can change lot types of the penthouses in city living. But the same things goes for the university buildings. If there are no studens living in the dorm, you can change the lot type to whatever you like.
    uJPs9yx.png
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    If you select that your sim likes Metal music in likes/dislikes. You get the interaction where you can say that Metal music is the best.

In all caps, because of course it is in all caps.
  • Options
    My Sim was playing with the soccer ball with the nanny. He hit the ball and it hit her in the face.
    She went to the bathroom mirror to check her face. :D
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    If you like fitness you get a friendly interaction to practice fighting. Kind of a cool thing.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited June 2021
    @Akl500P: That interaction came with the base game and is not linked to liking fitness, but to a certain fitness skill level.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    edited June 2021
    take0nme wrote: »
    I did not know sims could scoot into a double sized bed if its against the wall.

I also didn't know unemployed sims labeled themselves "stay-at-home mom" if they have a kid and you ask about their career! That's soo cute. :)

What's some other little things you just found out?

This is a very interesting thing since a toddler bed has to be unobstructed on either side or your caregivers can't read them a bedtime story. (I'm not sure if they can do the other interactions or not.)
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Today I realized that the items from your sims fridge and bookcases stay filled with the items you previously have in them, even if you delete them and add a different one or move houses and sell all your furniture. Really convenient since I thought my sim was gonna have to cook a bunch of new meals but all her leftovers are still there :)
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    edited June 2021
    Random townies/NPCs (whichever you like to call them) can hold university degrees and be qualified for top jobs (DU required). A handy thing to know for rotational players seeking new additions. :)
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    edited June 2021
    You don't not need to have a degree to be a doctor, apparently YouTube tutorials are good enough. (okay we already know this but it still had to be said.)
    Simburian wrote: »

Takes me ages in CAS now. They usually get a choice of 5 outfits for every type!

Yeah, same here. I spend so much time making outfits when a sim ages up that I forget what I was doing with everyone else in the HH.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    @Akl500P: That interaction came with the base game and is not linked to a liking fitness, but to a certain fitness skill level.

I've never seen that and my sim is maxed fitness. There's just so many options in the pie menu. 🤪

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top