Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Aspiration Challenge :)

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    @mcrudd How did you gift 3 knits to your sims friends I’m stuck on gifting 3 knits got two to go but struggling with the 3rd any help would be much appreciated 😊

It was a bit tricky, I find if you have a good relationship with a sim then they are quite happy to receive it. I suppose you should just keep on trying different sims :)

@permanentrose I get a bit lost if I hop, so I try to stick to one and finish it, most of the times as I switch to a different one it auto fills anyways so I don't need to do everything.

@DarkLady2788 for legendary knits its good to be very inspired while knitting, the easiest way to do that is to have inspiring decor or paintings around and have the emotion for it activated, I used to have sims 3 so I have the table lamps, they come in super handy with things like that. Otherwise if she is a very good cook have her prepare a meal and that usually inspires her as well before knitting. All the best and happy simming :)
  • Options
    DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    @mcrudd I have a table lamp from the sims 3 I like you had all the sims 3 games 😂 I’ll try and see if she will make some legendary knits thanks for your help @mcrudd and @permanentrose
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    Been taking a while to get through this next aspiration.

Delaney is continuing the same routine as Nathan and only works on one aspiration at a time. She got top notch toddler pretty easily and then pushed through the childhood aspirations. She earned all the scouting badges and is now in line to get 4 out of the 5 behavioral traits. We'll get the last one as a teenager. Now that she has an A in elementary school, it's time to age up and get started with high school.

WSIrvRu.png

The biggest help has been Nathan's ability to write a Book of Life on his daughter and we can keep moving through without dealing with those sim needs all the time - just wish it worked on toddlers as well!
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @Llandros2012 Ooh, I totally forgot about the Book of Life! Totally gonna use that now, thanks for the reminder!
  • Options
    @mcrudd I have a table lamp from the sims 3 I like you had all the sims 3 games 😂 I’ll try and see if she will make some legendary knits thanks for your help @mcrudd and @permanentrose

Its a pleasure <3
    Been taking a while to get through this next aspiration.

Delaney is continuing the same routine as Nathan and only works on one aspiration at a time. She got top notch toddler pretty easily and then pushed through the childhood aspirations. She earned all the scouting badges and is now in line to get 4 out of the 5 behavioral traits. We'll get the last one as a teenager. Now that she has an A in elementary school, it's time to age up and get started with high school.

The biggest help has been Nathan's ability to write a Book of Life on his daughter and we can keep moving through without dealing with those sim needs all the time - just wish it worked on toddlers as well!

Ok forgive the ignorance here but I have absolutely no idea what this book of life is and it sounds as if its a good thing to have :D lol

• Options
    edited May 2021
    @mcrudd i always forget about the book of life but it’s a great item that can resurrect the sim it’s bound to and fill needs if read by that sim while they are living. You can write it after doing the best seller author aspiration

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Book_of_Life
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Yeah, the book of life is like the potion of needs that spellcasters make. Parents can read the book and the child's needs all fill up and once the sim is a teen, they can read their own book. It is a very short book to read also. I use it quite a bit.

Delaney is about to age up to Young Adult as she should have her A in high school today. On to the next kid and family aspiration. Nathan just got the news again!

iqZc7Aj.png

Kinda hoping for twins and kinda not - letting fate decide this one!

Edit: Here's Delaney on her last day as a teenager!

HG7fRqX.png
  • Options
    Aspiration 49 - Super Parent - I spent so much time focusing on his daughter that Nathan kinda got forgotten in the background but another one down - three more to go!

hHIHtdV.png

This is when it would be nice to aspiration hop as these family ones tend to be repetitious at times. But getting closer to the end. Delaney is moving out and Nathan is pregnant with his next child.

3h2uCmp.png
  • Options
    @permanentrose I will definetly have to use that in the future :)
    @Llandros2012 Yay only 3 to go, you are doing great :) Twins are hard work, but will be quicker hahahaha :D
  • Options
    Jules captured Ruby's epic life saga for her Book of Life! She'll write one for Emmett, her boyfriend, next. And when I was clicking on options for who she can bind it to, I saw that she could write one for her dog too, so maybe I'll do that too - I wonder if she can fill the dog's needs by reading it haha!

11GDjo1.png
  • Options
    I will have to try that once I redo the aspiration after my 100 babies ;)
  • Options
    Ruby finished the Artistic Prodigy aspiration, but apparently still can't hold a writing utensil correctly 🤔 (Seriously it bugs me that the game animations makes a child this age hold their pencil so poorly. That's how toddlers hold them, not school age children)

TwGWnmk.png

Ruby still has half of the Social Butterfly aspiration to complete and the Whiz Kid one (is that what the mental one is called, I forget) But Ruby is going to be staying with her dad for a bit so I won't be controlling her, because her mother, Jules, and her boyfriend are gonna be going on a Jungle Adventure vacation, so get ready for those aspirations next :)
  • Options
    Aspiration 50 - Successful Lineage - probably the most work for the least reward - at this point, Nathan has all skills complete so he really doesn't take any bonus from this reward trait. Oh well, it's done at least!

LL4crOL.png
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Yes, seasons made it more difficult as stated previously. Not sure if you're just going arpu d world's and trying to identify them. But I would suggest Carl's Sims Guide. It breaks down what seasons and where to find the various plants.

Not sure if you would think that is cheating but it could help in regards of trying to find what you're missing quicker.

Also, greenhouse. I havent had any issues with my plants growing indoors regardless of seasons. But I havent played with greenhouses in a while either. Like it's been almost a year so not sure if theres new bugs to it or not.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    Aspiration 51 - Big Happy Family - Thanks to the power of adoption, this one went pretty quickly. Nathan ended up adopting a boy and had a girl for his second and third child. Delaney, his first born, got married (to an alien) and adopted two children and was pregnant at the time that they all moved out to Willow Creek. She wrapped up the entertainer career with her passion for music.

The twins, Maximillian and Jaclyn, aged up to Young Adult. Maximillian became a politician and adopted a boy and a girl. They moved to a family apartment in San Myshuno.

Jaclyn remained single and without children as she decided to pursue painting. She purchased a home in Windenburg and is living on the island.

Nathan gave each child $200,000 of his household funds to set them each up in the homes of their choice.

6k971ug.png

Aspiration 52 - Soulmate - now that the house was empty, Nathan moved in his long-time girlfriend Mandy into the house and they eloped in a private ceremony. The two are planning to start a family of their own now that modern medicine has reversed the pregnancy issue that had plagued Nathan since Strangerville. But before more kids, the two are going to spend some time traveling and enjoying their fresh start.

weiV2CY.png

I enjoyed this challenge but really didn't like the 'forced' legacy play that these last few aspirations required. Still, it was nice to get the Aspirational achievement when he wrapped it up. I would definitely play this differently next time but I wasn't too far off on the order of the aspirations to make things work out best.
  • Options
    @Llandros2012 Nice work! You finished them all so efficiently. What an accomplishment. So are you going to keep playing Nathan for a while and enjoy all those traits you got him, or are you onto another sim and another challenge?

--

Jules started the Jungle Explorer aspiration. (She has a new hairstyle too, I was in the mood for a change)

arTFWmi.png

She keeps getting distracted by all the local stray animals though :D Her boyfriend is being very patient and tolerant through all this haha
    jeJdOPx.jpg
    sXCVrN9.jpg
    cm0qTz6.png

• Options
    @permanentrose I also do not like that, atleast as the skill goes up I think they should improve a bit. Ooh how fun a Jungle adventure holiday, lol at her getting distracted by all the strays hahahaha.

@Llandros2012 Yay !!!!!
    w57XP2S.gif
    What a lovely thought of giving each child 200 000 simoleons <3 How clever to leave soulmate for last, now your sim can actually enjoy their newfound love and relationship. Your orders were good, I think perhaps next time just swap the mixology and chef one ;)

@JestTru the plants seems to still be buggy outside, reverting to planted stage, even my cowplant, but having a greenhouse definitely helps a lot and I had no issues at all. I do hope they fix them soon though, it’s a bit of a space taker to have greenhouses instead of gardens  Carls sims guide is my go too, and definitely not a cheat in my eyes ;)
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    @Llandros2012 Is there a list of tasks your sim has to fulfill in order to complete this challenge (in TS4)?
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    @kusurusu i followed mcrudd’s setup and just changed the order of aspirations - just work on one aspiration until it’s completed before changing to another one - that’s really it
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    the only aspiration my sim hasn't completed yet is the (currently unavailable) positivity challenge one

@Llandros2012 I meant apart from aspirations
  • Options
    I thought I'd post Jules' progress on all the aspirations so far, since I haven't officially done that, and I've been posting pretty consistently here. I am not doing this quite like @mcrudd or @Llandros2012 since I'm doing it as part of another challenge. For the challenge I'm doing (link in my signature), my sim lives in a new world every real time month and completes the aspirations associated with the pack that world is from if there are any. While I complete those or after I complete them, I work on all other aspirations. I hope to have all the aspirations (that I have in my game since I don't have all the packs) done for Jules by December and then continue on with her daughter, Ruby. So far Jules has done 14 aspirations since January. If I counted correctly, there are 41 in my game.
    oH1b8ob.png
    MD4fbQv.png
    irqY65s.png
    02GNxmo.png
    CAai8JL.png
    6wY7XLc.png
    cgJLGyz.png

She is currently doing the Jungle Adventure Aspiration - headed off to the jungle to complete the second part :)

N9pzPaF.png
    Ea5WUxZ.png

• Options
    kusurusu wrote: »
    @Llandros2012 Is there a list of tasks your sim has to fulfill in order to complete this challenge (in TS4)?

@kusurusu here is the Asprition chart I used, I own all packs though, so if you don't some will be missing. Also you can change the order like Llandros2012 did, I do however suggest to do mixology before the chef one as the job part is required to be in that order ;) Goodluck :)

lUroIHl.png

@permanentrose I have no idea how strict you are playing, but I have a jungle adventure survivial room in my gallery that might come in handy ;) although your sim looks relaxed and ready for action :D

• Options
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    @mcrudd thanks, my avatar sim has already completed them all - plus childhood and tutorial aspirations

btw, I like this one as it follows a storyline: Introducing the Perfect Sim Challenge!
  • Options
    I shall show you, let me load my game and show you the awesomeness of surviving in the Jungle LOL brb @permanentrose

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top