Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Aspiration Challenge :)

mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
edited February 13 in Nominated Threads
vZVhxBt.png

So I am busy playing an aspiration challenge game. Its not been too difficult up until now. My sim's aging is off so time is not an issue, but I am getting so frustrated with having to identify the plants. Most of them are not even available or growing to pick to identify. I don't know if its a seasons thing but its definitely much harder than it was before to get them all. I have now shortened my seasons to see if that will help. Any advice on what I could do, to identify those little suckers ;)

1x9wZ5h.png

EDIT TO ADD UPDATED CHARTS AUGUST 2023

Child
YUwuECo.png

Teen exclusive
MmLCGAg.png

Young adult to elder
5fK2pTO.png

Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited December 2020
    It is a seasonal thing. Most of the wild plants grow in Summer and a couple in the Fall. Check out Carl's Sims 4 Gardening Guide and Plant List here. They also grow on the same schedule as all other worlds, so you must be there for at least a day or two for them to grow and then harvest after 5 a.m. Good luck, hope this helps! :)

EDIT: It also helps to be a higher level in the Herbalism skill to identify the plants and, of course, be focused.
  • Options
    Aaaah I thought that much, good thing I shortened the seasons, they were on the longest. I will just hide out by the hermit and study Herbalism waiting for each one to grow, I know most of them are around her place. We good friends now hahahaha. Thanks @Karababy52 appreciate the advice and reply. Happy simming :)
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    You're very welcome! :) I've played this particular aspiration numerous times. I think it's one of the most challenging and time consuming aspirations of all. I love it though! Granite Falls is gorgeous and the deep woods area where the hermit resides in particular has a lot of the rarer plants and insects to harvest. Several of my Sims have married the hermit in my game too. ;) The hermits were all elders and erratic when the pack first came out, but now, most of mine are young adults! Have a great rest of your week and...

Happy Simming! <3

EDIT: BTW where can I find the rules for this challenge? It looks like it would be fun to tackle. I'm always looking for more to play. I've played most of the ones available on the challenges thread here that interest me already, some more than once...or twice. :D
  • Options
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    You're very welcome! :) I've played this particular aspiration numerous times. I think it's one of the most challenging and time consuming aspirations of all. I love it though! Granite Falls is gorgeous and the deep woods area where the hermit resides in particular has a lot of the rarer plants and insects to harvest. Several of my Sims have married the hermit in my game too. ;) The hermits were all elders and erratic when the pack first came out, but now, most of mine are young adults! Have a great rest of your week and...

Happy Simming! <3

EDIT: BTW where can I find the rules for this challenge? It looks like it would be fun to tackle. I'm always looking for more to play. I've played most of the ones available on the challenges thread here that interest me already, some more than once...or twice. :D

I can see this one is gonna be a challenge, but its fun. No specific challenge rules as for basic no cheating. I just one day went in game and made printscreens of all the aspirations including the hidden grilled cheese one and then I used an online randomizer to pic an order. I play the game with aging off so there is no rush. I also don't cheat with needs, I did with money to set her up, but thats about it. I just play normal without cheats, I did delete her six million pets after the pet one but otherwise just have fun :D
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »

Happy Simming! <3

I can see this one is gonna be a challenge, but its fun. No specific challenge rules as for basic no cheating. I just one day went in game and made printscreens of all the aspirations including the hidden grilled cheese one and then I used an online randomizer to pic an order. I play the game with aging off so there is no rush. I also don't cheat with needs, I did with money to set her up, but thats about it. I just play normal without cheats, I did delete her six million pets after the pet one but otherwise just have fun :D

Are those all the aspirations from all the packs? I still don't own a handful of packs so I was curious if that was all of them
  • Options

Are those all the aspirations from all the packs? I still don't own a handful of packs so I was curious if that was all of them

Yip those are all of them. :) I own all the stuff, game and expansion packs <3
    I will post the pic of them without my ticks for those simmers who would like to use it ;)

• Options
    Lkterum.png

Happy simming :)
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    @mcrudd Fantastic, thank you! So this is a challenge you made up yourself, great idea! I've saved the sheet without tick marks and will definitely be trying this challenge in the near future. I'm a bit immersed in SE at the moment, just got it for Christmas! ;) I have all packs except JTB. I'm guessing numbers 33 & 46 are aspirations from that pack? I don't recognize them anyway. I'll most likely play it in conjunction with my favorite way to start all my saves/challenges (when allowed by rules), Rags to Riches style with 0 simoleans.

Thanks for the info., and Good Luck to you while playing the challenge! :)

EDIT: Is #25 from JTB as well? I don't recognize it either.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Oh wow SE is fun, I must say I find the whole no shoes thing a bit annoying, mostly because my sims end up too playful when disobeying the rules LOL. I always fear they will die of laughter if they too playful. TB is lots of fun and amazing while in Batuu, but once back home its bleh, almost like Strangerville, its fun Once ;) Number 25 is from SE you should have it in your game now :) The other two were Batuu. Oh I love Rags to Riches I played it many moons ago though LOL.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Since the plants are available Spring/Fall and Summer/Fall I time it so my sim goes on vacation during the last week of Spring and the First week of Summer. I can usually get them with 3 days of Spring and 3 of Summer but I've done it so many times I just know where stuff spawns by now.
    Just start in the rental area and give them time to grow while you fish or whatever or collect the bugs. Then move on to the National Forest.. let them grow and collect then move on to the Hermits Place .. when Summer hits do the rounds again.
    Maybe read the first herbalism skill book to level 3 at least so that identifying them isn't a problem.. then again all the plants will look different in your inventory so you'll know at least that you got them all.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    @mcrudd Ah, okay. Thanks! I had no idea there were two aspirations for SE, my current Sim has the other one. I haven't used the no shoes in the house option yet. There's a lot of features I haven't tried since it's so new to me, I will eventually. ;)

It's interesting how out of the 48 available aspirations, I've completed all, except for 11 of them. Not all with one Sim, of course. Perhaps one day I'll get JTB, I loved the original Star Wars movie when I saw it in a theater as a teen.

Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Journey to Batuu actually has two more aspirations that unlock after you complete Hope vs. Order. One is Paragon of Hope and the other is Enforcer of Order.
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Since the plants are available Spring/Fall and Summer/Fall I time it so my sim goes on vacation during the last week of Spring and the First week of Summer. I can usually get them with 3 days of Spring and 3 of Summer but I've done it so many times I just know where stuff spawns by now.
    Just start in the rental area and give them time to grow while you fish or whatever or collect the bugs. Then move on to the National Forest.. let them grow and collect then move on to the Hermits Place .. when Summer hits do the rounds again.
    Maybe read the first herbalism skill book to level 3 at least so that identifying them isn't a problem.. then again all the plants will look different in your inventory so you'll know at least that you got them all.

Thanks so much Hermitgirl, its fall now, so I have collected 4 of them, I think she is at level 8 Herbalism too, so identifying will be easier ;)
    @mcrudd Ah, okay. Thanks! I had no idea there were two aspirations for SE, my current Sim has the other one. I haven't used the no shoes in the house option yet. There's a lot of features I haven't tried since it's so new to me, I will eventually. ;)

It's interesting how out of the 48 available aspirations, I've completed all, except for 11 of them. Not all with one Sim, of course. Perhaps one day I'll get JTB, I loved the original Star Wars movie when I saw it in a theater as a teen.

Happy Simming! <3

I have done most of them, but not without cheating, I usually complete them all as we get new packs, but I cheat with needs, skills and so on, so its not challenging. This way boy oh boy is challenging :D

Sketch793 wrote: »
    Journey to Batuu actually has two more aspirations that unlock after you complete Hope vs. Order. One is Paragon of Hope and the other is Enforcer of Order.

You are correct, I remember when I first did it when the game came out, I will just randomly add them at the last numbers from when I complete it ;) That is how I added the new SE ones. Thanks for reminding me, that would make it a nice cool round 50 aspirations then :)
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I am gonna lose my mind :s

I have harvested 4 different fireleaf plants and they all are poison. I only need one more the normal fireleaf to complete my aspiration. Its nowhere to be found, all of them are poisonous ones. Any ideas please ?

YzPce0H.png
    izGxBYj.png
  • Options
    Phew no worries Simmers. I found one. Right by the forest entrance to the hermit's hut :)

l8EjRVm.png

Thank goodness ;)
  • Options
    My sim is back home, completed the outdoor aspiration. She is tired and hungry. I will get her back in shape before she attempts Leader of the pack :)

6MS3uN8.png
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited January 2021
    Congrats for completing this difficult aspiration. It's great to hear that you can actually complete it, I wasn't sure about it after Seasons. I read some comments where people commented that you can't complete the aspiration anymore, that there are too many bugs that won't let you do the things that need to be done.
    I have a Sim whom I want to complete the aspiration. I put it on hold because I wasn't sure if I could finish it. Now I can continue it when I play with her the next time. :)
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Why is she hungry? She can summon grilled cheese sandwiches anytime she wants. :smile: Glad you finished the Herbalist aspiration and I agree with Kimmer that it's good to know it can still be done.
  • Options
    Kimmer wrote: »
    Congrats for completing this difficult aspiration. It's great to hear that you can actually complete it, I wasn't sure about it after Seasons. I read some comments where people commented that you can't complete the aspiration anymore, that there are too many bugs that won't let you do the things that need to be done.
    I have a Sim whom I want to complete the aspiration. I put it on hold because I wasn't sure if I could finish it. Now I can continue it when I play with her the next time. :)

Be prepared to stay there many more days than before seasons though. My Sim had to stay there for all four seasons to reach her goal, that is a whole year :open_mouth:
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    Why is she hungry? She can summon grilled cheese sandwiches anytime she wants. :smile: Glad you finished the Herbalist aspiration and I agree with Kimmer that it's good to know it can still be done.

Hahahah yeah I might have been a little cruel. I sent her home just as she woke from her 5th day of sleeping in a tent. I was just so super tired of being outdoors in the forest that I had to get her home LOL. Just to prove to you that I did indeed feed her, here she summoned her grilled cheese sandwhich, she herself does seem a little unimpressed too because I took my time LOL :D
    EcPjdqH.png
  • Options
    Wow Leader of the pack was so easy. I made a club called Book Nook all they do is read all the time and Wolla done in just a few sim hours :)
    Although poor old Nadia has a lot of books to clean up before she starts her Spellcraft and sorcery aspiration ;)

pTLCj1s.png
  • Options
    Nadia all dressed up for her next Aspiration ;)
    fHtWC8M.png

and off she goes :D
    B837kn9.png
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I am planning on doing a supersim who completes all the aspirations soon. I just need to set up a starter save first.
    So far it didn't occur to me to change their clothes for a each aspiration but I like the idea.
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I am planning on doing a supersim who completes all the aspirations soon. I just need to set up a starter save first.
    So far it didn't occur to me to change their clothes for a each aspiration but I like the idea.

LOL, I even change the furniture in the house sometimes. Makes the game more interesting. Goodluck with your Supersim :)
  • Options
    Finally. Gosh this one took some time.

96Ja8KW.png

Master mixologist up next. Think I might just save her to the gallery for safekeeping after every aspiration completed. Just incase the game goes buggy.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Congrats. That is awesome.

Are you doing the aspirations one by one or some simultaneously? What determined the order of the aspirations? My sim who will complete all aspirations still isn't born yet. Lol. I am working on her parents to get the strong magical blood line and Sulani mana trait for her without cheating.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top