Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We waited another 21 days for... nothing?

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I have so much cc I don't care about b/b. All that stood out to me was Grimsurudois passion for this game and this community 🥺🥺
    I haven't smiled that much since quarantine.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    And I actually like the crowd feet. I have a hard time making my elders look "old" and I mean like 80-90 years old hardworking village grandma.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Forgeron wrote: »
    I knew it was only going to be new CASA and build and buuy assets, it was pretty obvious, but... wasn't like 21 creators into it? I think i counted only 8 or something liek that in the livestream, where are the rest of the stuff?

9 creators who together made 21 items, some made more than one.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    EvilinPink wrote: »
    Amj1995 wrote: »
    I'm just disappointed male sims keep getting forgotten.
    This! Male sims barely have any cute outfits to begin with. I’m so tired of the Sims team not giving male sims enough clothes.

I keep getting reminded of this. Not dismissing your opinion, I just genuinely never play with male Sims (to the point of using cheats to ensure daughters) so I never notice.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited February 2021
    And no wonder they don't add what you guys want. On Twitter, especially, people are just constantly attacking EA. I wouldn't interact with a negative fanbase, either. (I can understand wanting body hair, tho. Recently got Luumia's cc for it...so cool!!)
    They should listen to us regardless of how upset they might be, because it's their job. I don't agree with abusing and attacking others, but that comes from such a minor part of any fandom and it'll always be there, no matter what. And constantly bringing it up only serves to make all negative people look unreasonable. Just call out the hostile people while acknowledging the reason behind proper criticisms and general negativity.

Besides, EA rightfully earned this ill will over several years.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited February 2021
    Gordy wrote: »
    And no wonder they don't add what you guys want. On Twitter, especially, people are just constantly attacking EA. I wouldn't interact with a negative fanbase, either. (I can understand wanting body hair, tho. Recently got Luumia's cc for it...so cool!!)
    They should listen to us regardless of how upset they might be, because it's their job. I don't agree with abusing and attacking others, but that comes from such a minor part of any fandom and it'll always be there, no matter what. And constantly bringing it up only serves to make all negative people look unreasonable. Just call out the hostile people while acknowledging the reason behind proper criticisms and general negativity.

Besides, EA rightfully earned this ill will over several years.

yeah this pretty much, they're a business and we're customers after all there is no room for feelings.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    ugh...honestly the only thing I actually like are the crows feet.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Well I guess this post was inevitable. They've released the 21st anniversary update and we really didn't get anything to improve the game. Same old gameplay but now with a few new CC items.

I don't have CC in my game but when I heard about Lumia I researched him and saw he made body hair. We got crowsfeet added for our Sims presumably to lock body hair behind a future pack if they choose to include it at all.

I personally feel the team just passed off the anniversary to CC creators. Why put in the work when they could have someone else do it for them. That's the impression I get.

What are your thoughts?

My thoughts is that you have very unrealistic expectations.

Unrealistic expectations to expect them to include body hair in an anniversary update featuring a CC creator that appears to be predominantly known for his body hair..?

Yes. :D
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Honestly not even mad. I’m just willing to take whatever they give us. It is nice just to get free stuff in updates and not have to pay for more packs
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I did not expect much. I figured we would get new aestic items when what I need is better gameplay features.
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    This! Male sims barely have any cute outfits to begin with. I’m so tired of the Sims team not giving male sims enough clothes.

I keep getting reminded of this. Not dismissing your opinion, I just genuinely never play with male Sims (to the point of using cheats to ensure daughters) so I never notice.

Maybe you don't, but there are people out there who enjoy playing with male sims.

I know I'm in the minority, but I prefer playing with male sims. Sure, girls are fun to dress up, but why can't my boys have cute outfits too? Every pack that comes out, girls get more than twice the amount of items than boys. I understand why it happens, but it's still disheartening. Even CC creators focus more on girl clothes and hairs, and it's hard to find anything decent for boys.

It's funny that you say you use cheats to make sure you have daughters, but I do the opposite. I want more sons. My large families usually have one daughter and the rest are boys.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Glad I was not expecting much from EA/Maxis. :) So I am not disappointed.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I wouldn't call it nothing exactly. Male Sims got nothing as usual but we got more makeup, more clothes for female Sims, and a hat, none of which I'll ever use. But that's ok because a lot of other players seem to like it. I forgot to look at the furniture pieces because I got sidetracked trying to reset my Sim's garden before 5:00 AM so the plants and trees would bloom.
  • Options
    MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member

Maybe you don't, but there are people out there who enjoy playing with male sims.

I know I'm in the minority, but I prefer playing with male sims. Sure, girls are fun to dress up, but why can't my boys have cute outfits too? Every pack that comes out, girls get more than twice the amount of items than boys. I understand why it happens, but it's still disheartening. Even CC creators focus more on girl clothes and hairs, and it's hard to find anything decent for boys.

It's funny that you say you use cheats to make sure you have daughters, but I do the opposite. I want more sons. My large families usually have one daughter and the rest are boys.

Kind of beside the point, but I like making trans women or nonbinary sims & other LGBTQ+, and can they PLEASE fix the phantom boobs on the female clothing when put on masculine bodies. The male clothing on feminine bodies is so-so but the phantom boobs is UNACCEPTABLE.
    Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited February 2021
    Hence why I didn't vote in any of the speculation thread polling that I saw the last few days, as someone said in one of those threads, you're basically setting yourself up for a disappointment. I didn't feel disappointed since I had no expectation at all.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Last year the complaints were we only got 1 dodgy hot tub, now this year we get 21 new items FREE plus the announcement of the desperately requested bunk beds and now there’s endless complaints about all of that. I could never work on this game because I would’ve been long ago fired for saying/tweeting/posting things that aptly describe exactly what I think of the general sense of entitlement some people display.
  • Options
    MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member
    Last year the complaints were we only got 1 dodgy hot tub, now this year we get 21 new items FREE plus the announcement of the desperately requested bunk beds and now there’s endless complaints about all of that. I could never work on this game because I would’ve been long ago fired for saying/tweeting/posting things that aptly describe exactly what I think of the general sense of entitlement some people display.

EA had nothing to do with the items, and everything that's "free" is just free publicity and brownie points for them so you'll hopefully open your wallet for the next half-baked thing that's gameplay features keep your interest for a full hour at most.

Companies giving influencers free items is the same thing.
    Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Just getting more items doesn't mean we're getting more quality items. A lot of the things we got are just more of the same stuff we already have, or nice but still very minor additions to the game. Especially since most of these creators are known for making bigger and better things, including things the base game is in desperate need of.

The bunkbed announcement itself was pretty well-received, actually. Just check the other threads and on other sites. At worst, people are ambivalent towards them.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member

I don't feel entitled to anything. I'm sure when this entire website has turned into saying people that are upset with a product are entitled. I've spent $700+ on this game so you bet your butt I have the right to say if I'm unsatisfied with something.

To stress for the 100th time, I'm happy with the objects, what I'm upset about was the big hype and build up to reskinned objects we already have. I mean for crying out loud they could have done a new kitchen set of cabinets and counters and I'd have been ecstatic. I want the game I've spent $700+ on to run properly so I don't have to download a free mod that someone had to go out of their way to create to fix a broken game.

I have absolutely had it with people leaving comments like this. You haven't contributed to the conversation with your post. All you've done is say people who aren't as thrilled with this update are entitled. I want my threads to be a conversation, not one side attacking the other.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Personally, I only like the crows feet, the eyebrows and the food. Everything else seems like a boring waste of space. I mean, the game is already overflowing with tables, chairs, jeans, crop tops and lipstick (my opinion). And I didn't really like the toddler clothes (sorry to the person who made that, just my personal preference).

But I'm sure the creators are really happy to see their stuff in the official game and I guess allowing that to happen was a nice way to celebrate the anniversary.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,092 Member
    Did bunkbeds come with the update? I downloaded the update yesterday. I can finally free up some space in my teen sims shoebox room!
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Did bunkbeds come with the update? I downloaded the update yesterday. I can finally free up some space in my teen sims shoebox room!

No, Bunkbeds will come in the march update.
  • Options
    AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    For an anniversary gift, I'm a bit disappointed because it feels... how do I explain this, um - lackluster, I guess? Nothing against the creators, their creations look nice, but it's not something I'm particularly interested in. The only items I will be using is the hat and the new food, the rest don't really interest me, but I'm sure they interest others who are more into furnishing homes and making nice-looking sims lol Oh well, what can you expect from a free gift? :P I'm grateful they gave us something, at least.
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited February 2021
    I think the items we got are nice and I'll use them a lot (especially HeyHarrie's set). I was a bit baffled that we didn't get Luumia's body hair, but maybe we'll get something similar sometime in the future. We can only hope :#
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    One of my biggest peeves with it is that they've been doing this whole performance for the past month of "We love our black players! Representation!" yet they didn't add a single thing for them in this update?

Like this would've been the perfect opportunity to get some good black hairs in the base game (as lets be honest there is none without buying extra packs) but they just didn't. AH00B, one of the creators involved has some great black hairstyles so I really don't understand why they didn't commission these hairstyles and instead just used a top and jeans combo from a set they made last summer.

1605c64351ae6e2bff7b657f3c42be6b57cd9c72.gifva4ab466e3979fcb9a70c382ec623a54476a40ec8.gifv

It just bothers me how they've been doing this incredibly performative show of supporting black players, yet they give them nothing