Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We waited another 21 days for... nothing?

Comments

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Well I guess this post was inevitable. They've released the 21st anniversary update and we really didn't get anything to improve the game. Same old gameplay but now with a few new CC items.

I don't have CC in my game but when I heard about Lumia I researched him and saw he made body hair. We got crowsfeet added for our Sims presumably to lock body hair behind a future pack if they choose to include it at all.

I personally feel the team just passed off the anniversary to CC creators. Why put in the work when they could have someone else do it for them. That's the impression I get.

What are your thoughts?

My thoughts is that you have very unrealistic expectations.

Body hair is an unrealistic expectation?

Geez. Aren't you usually in the positive simmer thread complaining that people get attacked for liking the sims 4, when you're the one doing the attacking here?

e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited February 2021
    At this point why are you even surprised. This is what they always do. I know CC creators are capable of much more than this and I have no idea why they decided to make the same jeans, shirts and hats we already have in the game.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    I already have most if not all of the CC included in the update, but I'm happy for console players.

Also, it's good that we're finally getting bunkbeds.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    @Zeldaboy180

Body hair isn't an unrealistic expectation, so to say, but I do think that we should respect the wishes of the creator to make crowsfeet. It's what they wanted to make, and besides, weren't they the one who tweeted that they were excited for us to see what came with the patch? To me, that seems like they're happy with their choice.

Now, I think what's more unrealistic is to expect a game changing update when last year we got.. a hot tub.

Besides, op asked for people's thoughts. Let's try to stay positive, please?
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I was expecting items for B&B/CAS when they said that custom content creators were involved so it's pretty much what I expected. I maybe was expecting something a bit more interesting than crows feet though when I saw that Luumia was involved.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited February 2021
    Well I guess this post was inevitable. They've released the 21st anniversary update and we really didn't get anything to improve the game. Same old gameplay but now with a few new CC items.

I don't have CC in my game but when I heard about Lumia I researched him and saw he made body hair. We got crowsfeet added for our Sims presumably to lock body hair behind a future pack if they choose to include it at all.

I personally feel the team just passed off the anniversary to CC creators. Why put in the work when they could have someone else do it for them. That's the impression I get.

What are your thoughts?

Geez. Aren't you usually in the positive simmer thread complaining that people get attacked for liking the sims 4, when you're the one doing the attacking here?

@Zeldaboy180 Yes, she/he is.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    I respect that you're upset. There are a lot of issues that the developers need to address. The game needs some major work to improve the actual game play. However, I am pleased with the items we were given. The CC creators chosen for this update are such talented people. It is also awesome, as others have stated, that console players are getting access to this content. The thing that gives me hope about this, and maybe I'm being too optimistic, is that they seem to be listening to us on some level. We've asked them to work with CC creators and modders. They're doing that. We asked for bunk beds. We're getting some next month. The Paranormal pack was a huge step in the right direction for stuff packs.

I know that it is frustrating to be a Sims player. I've been playing Sims for almost the full 21 years, so I've felt frustrated too. I always felt like Sims 2 ended prematurely. I hated all the rabbit holes in Sims 3, and I always wish Sims 4 had better personalities and deeper game play like previous games.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

What are your thoughts?

Because people here are 🐸🐸🐸🐸 on content creators and are inventing tinfoily things to explain the "evil conspiracy that stops a CC creator from making body hair".

Plus, you know, EA really didn't have to do any of this. They are under zero moral obligation to give us ANYTHING.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I haven't seen the livestream. Sounds like I haven't missed much! :D
  • Options
    greydonn wrote: »
    @Zeldaboy180

Body hair isn't an unrealistic expectation, so to say, but I do think that we should respect the wishes of the creator to make crowsfeet. It's what they wanted to make, and besides, weren't they the one who tweeted that they were excited for us to see what came with the patch? To me, that seems like they're happy with their choice.

Now, I think what's more unrealistic is to expect a game changing update when last year we got.. a hot tub.

They asked for opinions on what we thought of the update, and stated they were personally dissapointed.

OP did not ask for opinions on THEIR opinions, and it's rude to be told you have unreasonable expectations for something that isn't unreasonable is rather rude, especially when that person has complained about the way they've been treated personally.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    When they said it they would be collaborating with cc creators I suspected it would be cas and bb items. Nothing amazing and what has been released for bb is slightly higher then my exceptions with the swatches. CAS I’m not keen on but CAS is not my strong suit in the game. Overall it’s what I expected. The bonus for me was the meals I was not expecting them and wish more was put in the game. I don’t use mods or cc.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    greydonn wrote: »
    @Zeldaboy180

They asked for opinions on what we thought of the update, and stated they were personally dissapointed.

OP did not ask for opinions on THEIR opinions, and it's rude to be told you have unreasonable expectations for something that isn't unreasonable is rather rude, especially when that person has complained about the way they've been treated personally.

You're right, I'm in the wrong here, op did not ask for opinions on their opinions. I can admit that, though I think we have different view points on what's unreasonable or not, but hey, that's 90% of what happens on a forum anyway isn't it? I don't think Beardedgeek was being rude, but at the end of the day this is between the two of them and neither of us should've gotten involved. I accept where I'm wrong, and will try to remain positive here.

Have a great day.

• Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    The stuff that we did get is nice, I love the wardrobe however I did think along the lines of body hair or something, there was nothing for guys, although I'm female and play mostly female, the male simmers did get a bit left out, aww well atleast its free 🤣
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    It's free stuff. I didn't have to pay for any of it and it also gives some love to CC creators (who very much deserve it) by making some of their content official. How often does that happen in gaming communities? Sure, none of it was on my particular wish list but honestly, what's not to like? I probably won't use half of it but I still think it's nice to have those options. I hope they collaborate more with creators of the community, it's awesome. :)

Oh, and...who's to say they aren't already working on body hair or spiral stairs or Werewolves? It seems to me that they've been going down the community bucket list (if indeed bunk beds are coming) and it's just a matter of time before those things come out.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member
    edited February 2021

Because people here are ❤️❤️❤️❤️ on content creators and are inventing tinfoily things to explain the "evil conspiracy that stops a CC creator from making body hair".

Plus, you know, EA really didn't have to do any of this. They are under zero moral obligation to give us ANYTHING.

I don't think anyone, or atleast most of us are saying anything bad about the content itself, though? I was dissappointed because 21 items were unevenly distributed to 9 creators. Some of them got to include multiple items, some only a single item. I thought it was unfair, and a little lackluster.

I think most of us are critizising EA, as we should, because need I remind you EA is a huge company with a monopoly on life simulation and as TS4 is it's biggest moneycow, it does not need your pity nor compassion.

Whenever there is a monopoly, there is a lower quality of goods. That's how it is. As soon as something is a monopoly they have the golden pass for We-can-stop-trying-land. Which is why we should be critical.
    Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(
  • Options
    ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    I knew it was only going to be new CASA and build and buuy assets, it was pretty obvious, but... wasn't like 21 creators into it? I think i counted only 8 or something liek that in the livestream, where are the rest of the stuff?
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    I too feel like we waited for a lot of nothing. Props to CC creators for all their work, but the stuff that is actually getting added is boring, basic, and doesn't really push the boundaries or feel noteworthy as something for an anniversary. It also feels like a lot of the creators got the short end of the stick here, with only one thing like crows feet getting added while some people got full furniture sets.

I'm super disappointed with the makeup that was added. I don't know who grimcookies is, but that lipstick is just utterly bland, flat as can be from a design standpoint, and I feel like we already have about 8 versions of that in the game already. I'm disappointed that they chose to submit that as their piece to celebrate the anniversary, and I'm disappointed that the Sims team thought it was great that we needed yet another flat matte lipstick in the game.

The other piece that really disappointed me was Luumia's crows feet. I like Luumia a lot, and while I do actually think crows feet should be in the game for older Sims, I feel like this was wasted potential. Luumia is most known for their diverse body hair options for Sims, and that's something we have desperately needed in the base Sims 4 since the game launched. I feel like he really got a raw deal on this one, only doing crows feet while other creators got to do full sets of things. His body hair collections would have been great additions to the game, and given some actual life and diversity to male Sims. Fun fact Maxis, humans have body hair, it's high time body hair be added to the game.

The last thing I'm disappointed with was the lack of male clothing options. The women's top and jeans were really cute, but the options for male Sims are non-existent. There's also a recurring issue I have with the female clothing in the Sims that this outfit has too - there's way too many tops that show midriff, and while that's nice on some Sims, it can be pretty difficult to make diverse Sims in the game without having to root through so many tops that expose the belly.

I feel like bringing CC makers into the fold a bit would have been an opportunity to present us with fun and varied options of content that hasn't been in the game before, the stuff that these CC makers actually provide to expand the Sims beyond the stuff provided by the base game and packs. It feels like that didn't really happen here, and instead we just got versions of stuff we already have that didn't really show off the talents of the CC makers.
  • Options
    edited February 2021

What are your thoughts?

Because people here are ❤️❤️❤️❤️ on content creators and are inventing tinfoily things to explain the "evil conspiracy that stops a CC creator from making body hair".

I'm so sick of hearing that. I think I'm going to explode on the next person that says they don't have to do anything. That sentence alone is one of the most infuriating things I hear people say, not just about EA, but about companies in general.

Yes. Yes they do. This is a BUSINESS. it's not a charity. Even free content is tracked and countd as revenue. Free content makes people keep interest and recruits new people. This is literally how a live service works, which is what the sims 4 is.

They literally report this revenue to their investors. It's not a gift, it is literally them being a corporation.

Corporations are not your friend. They absolutely had to do something if they wanted to continue making money. That's all it's about in the end, if it wasn't profitable, they wouldn't do it.

I haven't seen any crap talk cc creators, just dissapointed, and can we blame people?

If they would have set expectations it wouldn't have been nearly as bad, but once again, they never improve on communication like they promise.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Forgeron wrote: »
    I knew it was only going to be new CASA and build and buuy assets, it was pretty obvious, but... wasn't like 21 creators into it? I think i counted only 8 or something liek that in the livestream, where are the rest of the stuff?

The "21 Creators" was quoted from a foreign Twitter account, so I'm sure the translation was wonky. It was "21 gifts" made by a select few CC creators.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    My expectations were already super low before we ever found out what it was. I already know the way EA, The Sims, The Gurus, etc hype of content that usually is not nearly as "hype up-able" as some people expected.

I think it's great they showcased some CC creators (even if I already very similar ... if not the exact same thing from them).

The only thing I'm really disappointed about is I was hoping the CAS would have included body hair, finger nails, better eyelashes, more eye colors, better make-up. (Sorry but I felt like the lipstick was really really REALLY similar to what we already have in the game, I didn't really see much difference in it at all). I do like the face highlights tho, that will be nice.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited February 2021
    Well, at least there won't be a reason for me to bother with updating anytime soon. Saves time and nerve cells.
  • Options
    AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    I kept my expectations very low, so I was pleasantly surprised.
    And no wonder they don't add what you guys want. On Twitter, especially, people are just constantly attacking EA. I wouldn't interact with a negative fanbase, either. (I can understand wanting body hair, tho. Recently got Luumia's cc for it...so cool!!)
    I figured, collabing with CC creators, there'd just be some CAS and BB items, and I was right. Imo they're quite good. CC is a big part of my gameplay, so it's refreshing to see someone else's work in the official game.
    Eh. If you don't like it, that's fine. But I do.

Also maybe they don't add body hair because it's sort of on the alpha side, as opposed to MM? That's what I think.
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • Options
    CareyEve36CareyEve36 Posts: 287 Member
    The only thing I noticed that was different this patch was that they changed some "clean up" to "polished to perfection" Like 🐸🐸🐸🐸?
  • Options
    EvilinPinkEvilinPink Posts: 49 Member
    Amj1995 wrote: »
    I'm just disappointed male sims keep getting forgotten.
    This! Male sims barely have any cute outfits to begin with. I’m so tired of the Sims team not giving male sims enough clothes.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Looking at last year, I was pleasantly surprised. I mean, even if it wasn't a lot, what they did give was really nice and all of the items have awesome swatches.
    funny-gifs20.gif