Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We waited another 21 days for... nothing?

sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
Well I guess this post was inevitable. They've released the 21st anniversary update and we really didn't get anything to improve the game. Same old gameplay but now with a few new CC items.

I don't have CC in my game but when I heard about Lumia I researched him and saw he made body hair. We got crowsfeet added for our Sims presumably to lock body hair behind a future pack if they choose to include it at all.

I personally feel the team just passed off the anniversary to CC creators. Why put in the work when they could have someone else do it for them. That's the impression I get.

What are your thoughts?

CLARIFICATION: I do enjoy the things we got and I'm not disappointed by the BB and CAS items. My issue isn't with the CC creators or the content we got, my issue is the idea that they didn't have something like this ready for the actual anniversary and hyped it up to be something fantastic. Bunk beds and great but even then, we are still waiting about a month for them to arrive.
Post edited by sims2freak737 on

Comments

• Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    The only thing I'm happy about is the food but then again I download CC from icemunmun alot
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member
    I too am pretty dissappointed. I expected atleast SOMETHING from EA and most of all, I expected them to fix the constant cooking / not eating leftovers bug that's plaguing every game and is extremely irritating.
    Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I think it was better than the 20th anniversary because that was a reskinned hot tub from an existing pack that many had already paid for. This is free and the items look pretty nice. I was not expecting much so I'm fine with it as long as the cc creators got paid.

I was expecting them to fix several bugs though, I'm not okay with that they sell a game where the open stairs are broken and there are several other major bugs in the game right now.

They have to allocate more resources to bug fixing, this is not working.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited February 2021
    the thing is, why wouldn't they make this on the actual anniversary? why didn't they plan this before if it was going to be some stuff?
    i'm still thankful for it but it feels like a waste of an opportunity & potential of the cc creators, they have way better stuff and they could've make something more amazing. and the bug fixes are underwhelming. with another hot tub on the anniversary date nobody would've bat an eye, nobody was expecting anything anymore. why doing this?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    edited February 2021
    Watching the livestream and I love the new cas items. Gonna add the eye creases to my two sets of grandparents. I guess I kept my expectations in check so I'm not at all disappointed.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Really not surprised but still...Pretty lame & wobbly.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Well I guess this post was inevitable. They've released the 21st anniversary update and we really didn't get anything to improve the game. Same old gameplay but now with a few new CC items.

I don't have CC in my game but when I heard about Lumia I researched him and saw he made body hair. We got crowsfeet added for our Sims presumably to lock body hair behind a future pack if they choose to include it at all.

I personally feel the team just passed off the anniversary to CC creators. Why put in the work when they could have someone else do it for them. That's the impression I get.

What are your thoughts?

My thoughts is that you have very unrealistic expectations.

Unrealistic expectations to expect them to include body hair in an anniversary update featuring a CC creator that appears to be predominantly known for his body hair..?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    greydonn wrote: »
    I don't see why anyone expected anything that would really improve the game in the first place. Last year we got a hot tub, at least we got new food and a nice dresser among other things this time.

People say EA needs to interact with the community more, but when they do that they get told they're not doing their job. I just don't understand it.

At the same time though I really wanted werewolves lol

Interacting with CC creators is the community but that's also a small portion of the community. Its great they gave these creators a platform but the fact is this update is stuff we could have downloaded from these creators if they didn't do this update.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I read that the creators picked what to add, so maybe this cc maker wanted to add wrinkles instead of body hair? idk.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    edited February 2021
    Console players cannot use cc. They will have access to these items.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Not everyone can download cc, though.

I would've preferred if the cc creators made new items that weren't similar, or the exact same thing, as items they've made before, but to me that's the only let down from this update. And hey, it's not like I had those items before either, so I'm more let down for other people then for myself.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    Mareah wrote: »
    I read that the creators picked what to add, so maybe this cc maker wanted to add wrinkles instead of body hair? idk.

I may be a conspiracy theorist for saying this but something tells me if he's well known for his body hair CC, he'd want to feature that. My guess is EA blocked that choice.
  • Options
    thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    Disappointed, but not surprised sums up how I feel.
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • Options
    > @sims2freak737 said:
    > I may be a conspiracy theorist for saying this but something tells me if he's well known for his body hair CC, he'd want to feature that. My guess is EA blocked that choice.

I think you're right. This is the same thing when the devs give excuses that "animation is expensive" (I'm an animation major, it's not), as if we're asking them to make a 5 minute frame by frame 2D animation movie about bunk beds, we just want bunk beds, and we wouldn't even care if they reused the animation from TS3.

They're just waiting to make that a selling point of a pack / wrestling with EA on the release to give optimal good press.
  • Options
    we're getting bunk beds in late march, base game update
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    wait we are? o.o How did I miss that.
  • Options
    it was the "one more thing" at the very end!
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    What a waste of a update they have the best male cc creator and we get crows eye. Glad I was not expecting much because they delivered.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited February 2021
    After watching the livestream i have to say bb is really cool! Thank you cc creators. cas is cool too... The only things i don't like is the hat, the eyes wrinkles and that nose blush...
  • Options
    Oh cool! I'm not all that dissappointed then! Yay for bunkbeds!

Boo for me not being ever able to have a bunny as a pet in TS :(
    (can't stop won't stop)
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    You waited 21 days because EA wanted to do Black History Month celebrations which would have been overshadowed by the updates.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited February 2021
    I didn't have high expectations and I was happily surprised. I don't use CC so all of the content was new to me. I also liked the stream, it felt happier than usual and we also got a bit of info about what they're planning for future. I hope they keep that practice.

Edit: also I must add that the hat and the eyes wrinkle are my favourites since they were mentioned as dislikes above :D